It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alert Level 3.6! Nibiru Is Near

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Black_Fox
reply to post by conspiracy88

The sentence wasnt mine.
It was qouted above the video at beforeitsnews.
______beforeitsnews/story/2380/517/Alert_Level_3.6_Nibiru_Is_Near:_The_John_Moore_Show_7-11-12_-_US_Military_Updating_Families_On_Situation.html< br />
As for what I thought about it.
I dunno exactly.
Its based on sources and he said stuff.
I cant prove or disprove the guy.
Im just leary of anything about a Nibiru.
So I guess if you wanna give it a watch and come to your own conclusions,

edit on 12-7-2012 by Black_Fox because: (no reason given)

Oh "Before It's News" huh? Okay, that explains it...

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThisIsNotReality

Originally posted by MrXYZ
reply to post by Black_Fox

Just more 2012 nonsense that has no bearing in reality. If a body as large as a planet approached earth, we'd know about it.

Please elaborate why you are so certain it would even be visible to us in the first place. Do you honestly believe that if we can't see it it's not there? You might as well take the hot-tub-timemachine back to the middle-ages if that's the case

Please, just for 5 seconds, wonder what else could be POSSIBLE in this infinite universe. EVERYTHING. But no, it's not visible to use, humans, the center of the universe, all knowing creatures, so it's not real! Wrong, we know nothing, everything we know now will be wrong if given enough time, it takes a fool to believe these things as if they were eternal truth, you are about equal to medieval man if you believe everything you know now is truth, while in reality, nothing is.

Apart from the FACT that even hobby astronomers would see a planet-sized body that's scheduled to arrive in 2012, there's also the FACT that all gravity is accounted for. Gravity fluctuations would give away that body even if for some inexplicable reason it was invisible

In short, the Nibiru stuff is complete and utter nonsense, pseudo-scientific hogwash of the first order

Here's a few videos by someone who's an expert in this field:

I rather trust a cosmologist and astro physicist than some nonsense websites who aren't even able to present OBJECTIVE EVIDENCE.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Lol nice ploy to sell water filters from his site.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by tarifa37
Lol nice ploy to sell water filters from his site.

A picture sums it up best:

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

With all due respect, I wouldn't trust that guy for the simple reason that he keeps the photo of himself with Disney character(s) up while he's speaking. Especially Pluto -- as it's in the name. This Disney character is symbolic of the planet Pluto as well as the Dog Star, Sirius B.
Disney was and still is a huge mind control center. If he's dedicated to Disney, I wouldn't trust a thing he says. He may be working for/with them and helping to push their agenda.

Whether or not Nibiru is real is neither here nor there. Nobody here gets out alive anyways, so why worry about it? Anyways, this gas giant would only be visible with an infrared telescope. How many of these non-professional astronomers have access to one of these telescopes? The rest of the astronomers are employed by the government and universities, which certainly wouldn't leak any info if they want to keep their jobs and stay alive.
Just look at how many microbiologists have had "accidents".

So, the mystery remains and the only thing we have to fear is fear itself -- oh, and mind control.
Death is just a transition. Besides, I'd rather die from a natural event than a manmade/ufactured one.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Afterthought

Why would it only be visible in the infrared spectrum. It may not produce its own light but neither does any other celestial object that isn't a star. The reason we can see planets, brown dwarfs, comets, etc. is because they reflect light. We can see Jupiter because it reflects light. Brown dwarfs reflect light in the same way so we would be able to see them. However, even if it somehow didn't reflect light its presence would be readily apparent because it would block out the stars behind it. There is no reason for Nibiru not to have been discovered at this point except for it not existing.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by EddyR3
reply to post by FX44rice

The earth being flat is a bit more work to discover than a huge massive object that should technically be so close it would fill the sky in the daytime....

I'm an avid astronomer, and have been for a long...long time, and have a good background in physics. I still think the hole idea is ridiculous, not to mention impossible.

Its a shame really that a lot of people dismiss science for spirituality and other faithful believings. If you could tell me 1 possible scenario where we could miss such a massive object, id be more than interested to read it and take it on board

Astronomers just found what they themselves call and "impossible" binary system that has two suns orbiting in like 1.5 hours around each other. in fact they have been finding many things of late they viewed as impossible!

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

No problem, found it :

Nice find
www.ras.org.uk...
edit on 13-7-2012 by EddyR3 because: (no reason given)

About half of the stars in our Milky Way galaxy are, unlike our Sun, part of a binary system in which two stars orbit each other.

Nibiru Binary star fans should take note of that comment to

edit on 13-7-2012 by EddyR3 because: added info

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Anyways, this gas giant would only be visible with an infrared telescope.

Oh really...you mean just like those other gas giants Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus and Neptune in our own solar system are only visible in infrared?

Oh wait...that's COMPLETE AND UTTER NONSENSE!!!

Here's a guy filming (!!!) Jupiter from earth using $150 worth of astronomy equipment in his backyard:

And here's a guy filming Saturn with a small 5inch telescope:

Just to put this into perspective:

The earth goes around the sun VERY VERY quickly at around 29.78km/s. But guess what, even at that speed it would take you almost 2 years to get to Jupiter!!!

So every hobby astronomer and his dog can see Jupiter, a planet that would take us almost 2 years to reach at the orbit speed of the earth, from his backyard!

Here's Uranus:

We sent stuff there...took over 9 years to reach it.

You can see Neptune but it's basically a tiny dot if you use a hobby telescope.

So the videos show just stuff every hobby astronomer can see. Now there's also thousands of astronomy students and researchers with access to waaaaaaay better equipment.

Remember Neptune, the planet that only appears as a tiny dot on hobby equipment? It's around 4.5 BILLION (!!!) km away from earth (depends on the time of the year ofc), but professionals can take pictures like this one:

Notice how this is cropped because they can zoom in so far that clouds are visible??

So next time you tell people it's totally possible that some gas giant Nibiru hogwash planet is invisible and possibly arriving soon...I suggest you do some research first

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Brown dwarfs are NOT planets and have to be looked at with special equipment.
From this paper, it sure seems as though you need special equipment to view brown dwarfs.

The NIRSPEC Brown Dwarf Spectroscopic Survey (BDSS; McLean et al. 2003, 2007) is a large sample of high-quality near-infrared spectra obtained with the Keck II 10 m telescope. One of the goals of the BDSS is to provide as direct a measurement of effective temperature, surface gravity, and metallicity as is possible for non-eclipsing objects. In principle, this can be accomplished by comparing observed infrared spectra with synthetic spectra from atmosphere models, without relying on spectral type, distance measurements, or estimates of radius, mass, and age. Other authors have applied this promising but as yet imperfect technique to brown dwarfs. The primary difficulty of applying this method to low-mass stars and brown dwarfs is the complexity of the spectra to be modeled, leading to imposed limitations on resolution, wavelength range, and/or sample size.

iopscience.iop.org...

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Will someone explain to me why the Alert Level is 3.6?

One would think it would be Alert Level Holy Crap, at the least.

Maybe I missed something?

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   

The reason brown dwarfs are so hard to find is the same reason exoplanets are so hard to find. They don't produce their own light and at this distance it is difficult to see the light they reflect from their stars. As a result we are forced to use things like IR scopes to detect these objects. However all of these objects do reflect light. We also know that brown dwarfs reflect light very similarly to Jupiter. So a brown dwarf in the solar system would be visible. I'll just go ahead an quote what Phage said on the last page.

A brown dwarf only emits infrared, true. So, if a brown dwarf is far from any star it can only be detected by the light it emits. However, if it is near a star (like the Sun) it will reflect the light of the star just as Jupiter reflects the light of the Sun.
iopscience.iop.org...

Such an object would be visible to the naked eye as far away as Saturn (at least). Such an object would be visible in visible light telescopes at a much greater distance than, say, Pluto.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Afterthought
Brown dwarfs are NOT planets and have to be looked at with special equipment.
From this paper, it sure seems as though you need special equipment to view brown dwarfs.

The NIRSPEC Brown Dwarf Spectroscopic Survey (BDSS; McLean et al. 2003, 2007) is a large sample of high-quality near-infrared spectra obtained with the Keck II 10 m telescope. One of the goals of the BDSS is to provide as direct a measurement of effective temperature, surface gravity, and metallicity as is possible for non-eclipsing objects. In principle, this can be accomplished by comparing observed infrared spectra with synthetic spectra from atmosphere models, without relying on spectral type, distance measurements, or estimates of radius, mass, and age. Other authors have applied this promising but as yet imperfect technique to brown dwarfs. The primary difficulty of applying this method to low-mass stars and brown dwarfs is the complexity of the spectra to be modeled, leading to imposed limitations on resolution, wavelength range, and/or sample size.

iopscience.iop.org...

Yes, and if it were anywhere inside our solar system we'd detect the gravity/light because of its size. And if it's outside our solar system it's so far out, it won't ever reach us in time for 2012 or the next few years

edit on 13-7-2012 by MrXYZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Nibiru is quite the phenomena.

I just want this 2012 date to come and go.

Either way I don't care, if we all die then fine, if nothing happens there will be a whole lot of members with a lot of explaining to do

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
The quote in the op said nothong abouth Nibiru or 3.6 so I am assuming its in the video which I cannot watch right now. Any way someone can summarize it for me?

Pretty please!!!! :-)

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

I'm not actually sure if anyone has watched the video. There's been a number of requests for a summary but so far no one has provided one.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

I listened...it's all poppycock!!
-Host received call from unnamed source
-military briefing dependents on bugout due to incoming nibiru
-get away from the coastlines we're all gonna die
-doom doom doom

there you have it.

Me thinks ole John didn't pass science class...or he's just trolling for ratings

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Not this again?

Nibiru = sell merchandise.

Like my t-shirt?

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by FX44rice

Well if you are tired of hearing it why respond to the thread? Seriously. Astronomy is one of my favorite subjects. There aint jack # heading this way except Sunlight and radiation where Nibiru is concerned. How about stop being critical of people saying it dont exist and actually look for yourself. This is just another non existant rapture that has been made up to sell stuff and make money on morons. Scientist are not always lying to cover stuff up.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Daemonicon
reply to post by amongus

Oh, it's coming alright.

It's coming "soon"

("soon" to be defined at a convenient time in the future)

"Soon" means two weeks from now, from today. So soon is always two weeks away, no matter what day it is. Understand?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join