It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alert Level 3.6! Nibiru Is Near

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by mckeesport
I am one of few that believe that there is a heavenly body out there that makes a cyclical journey through our system. The ancients gave us warning the best way they could. I dont talk about it much to friends or family but feel in my bones as well as others that something is coming our way.

Me thinks your awakening will come in January.
And no you shouldn't speak about this to anyone.

How does the old saying go?
It's better to be silent and look stupid than to open your mouth and prove it.

Im not saying you are but if you mention Nibiru people will think your are. Because its all BS.
edit on 13-7-2012 by samkent because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flowmaster05
Also, Nibiru doesn't exist, mmkay?

Sadly for us, trolls sure do.

Only an idiot is certain
I don't believe planet X will be here tomorrow, but I'm not going to exclude the possibility either, you have to be retarded to exclude ANYTHING, we're living proof that in this mathematically impossible universe where man has not a single belief that has stood through time, everything is possible.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by ThisIsNotReality

mathematically impossible universe

Would you mind elaborating a little on this statement, only since to me, it doesnt make any sense

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skada

Originally posted by EddyR3
reply to post by mckeesport

...Sometimes you feel a heavenly body is approaching, yet its existence is to be substantiated by....well anything really

Don't knock intuition. It can be a powerful thing. It allowed me to find a few things that my kid tried to hide (mundane things to be sure, but just as valid). It prevented me from getting into a wreck as well as others, I'm sure.

Just because you don't "feel it", doesn't mean that mckeesport doesn't, or that their feelings are any less valid. Something is happening, changes are coming faster and faster then before. A look around will tell you that.

Perhaps, just perhaps, there is "something" out there that is causing all this havoc with our weather, the quakes, the massive die-offs, just perhaps.

Oh what a web we weave when first we SELF DECEIVE. I think i get why so many people wish for Nibiru to be real. They cant commit suicide themselves and need the universe to do it for them. Its a sin to kill ones self but if a natural disaster happens to them its ok. Not to rain on the parade but the conspiracy of that magnitude would be even harder to contain than Smoke in your hands.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by yuppa

Yea about as hard to conceal as the earth not being flat. I love all these people just saying no its not possible.

Each one making that statement I guarantee have not spent a day in an astronomy course, do not and perhaps never looked through a telescope, and to top it off, making completely dismissive statements as they have leads me to believe they cannot critically think for themselves thus presumably having no college education.

They will use others alleged "findings" etc to support their position, not knowing a single fact about the topic themselves.

I don't know either way if its just BS and snakeoil salesman selling survival gear, or if there is some merit. Either way an intelligent person should stay aware of either possibility to not get screwed by either side.

I'm more tired of all these know-nothing dismissive clown-fools, than the Niburu threads.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   

mathematically impossible universe

Would you mind elaborating a little on this statement, only since to me, it doesnt make any sense

I think it's pretty self-explanatory? Are you familiar with mathematical probability? Read up on Frederick Hoyle.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by FX44rice

The earth being flat is a bit more work to discover than a huge massive object that should technically be so close it would fill the sky in the daytime....

I'm an avid astronomer, and have been for a long...long time, and have a good background in physics. I still think the hole idea is ridiculous, not to mention impossible.

Its a shame really that a lot of people dismiss science for spirituality and other faithful believings. If you could tell me 1 possible scenario where we could miss such a massive object, id be more than interested to read it and take it on board

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Very familiar. But your statement still holds no grounds, we know an awful lot about the universe which is backed up by none other than possible math. Do you have any examples of situations that make the universe impossible for math to answer?

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Very familiar. But your statement still holds no grounds, we know an awful lot about the universe which is backed up by none other than possible math. Do you have any examples of situations that make the universe impossible for math to answer?

The mere fact we are here??? The fact that you can explain everything mathematically does not mean it is suddenly also logical that it is all here. Again, read up on Frederick Hoyle, I'm not going to waste any time trying to say what he has said better.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Black_Fox

Just more 2012 nonsense that has no bearing in reality. If a body as large as a planet approached earth, we'd know about it.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ
reply to post by Black_Fox

Just more 2012 nonsense that has no bearing in reality. If a body as large as a planet approached earth, we'd know about it.

Please elaborate why you are so certain it would even be visible to us in the first place. Do you honestly believe that if we can't see it it's not there? You might as well take the hot-tub-timemachine back to the middle-ages if that's the case

Please, just for 5 seconds, wonder what else could be POSSIBLE in this infinite universe. EVERYTHING. But no, it's not visible to use, humans, the center of the universe, all knowing creatures, so it's not real! Wrong, we know nothing, everything we know now will be wrong if given enough time, it takes a fool to believe these things as if they were eternal truth, you are about equal to medieval man if you believe everything you know now is truth, while in reality, nothing is.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
The Sumerians warned us of Nibiru's approach. We can choose to be ignorant, or we can learn to survive. The last time Nibiru came our way, the sun was blocking most of the effects. This time Nibiru will be in between the Sun, and the Earth. Our home star system is binary. This is the great dragon of old.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Stand up in your chair and let yourself fall forward.

Feel that? It's called gravity. And it happened to you because you are standing on an object that has 5.9x10^24 kg of mass called the Earth.

Any object made of matter has mass. Even if that matter is such that for some reason it can not be seen in the visible spectrum, it still has mass. And it it has mass, it has gravity.

If an object is massive enough, it's gravity will affect those objects who have less mass. If that object's mass is smaller then it will be it that is affected by other objects who have greater mass.

So even if this mythical planet were to not be visible at all (which again is funny because even if it has no light, no heat, nor reflects light.....it would block the light behind it. IE there would be a patch of stars missing in the night sky....), the affects of it's mass would be visible on objects we can see.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   

If you were familiar with probability you would know that the probability of the universe existing is 1. From the available data 1 out of 1 universe exists. So therefore not only is it not impossible for the universe to exist, it is a mathematical certainty that it exists.

Now onto Nibiru. We can approach this from two directions. First is astrophysics. As we are not dealing with objects on a subatomic level we can rely entirely on Newtonian physics. This gives us clear cut laws and formulas that allows us to flawlessly predict the motions of the planets. Based on the observed motions of the planets we can conclude that there are no perturbations in their orbits that would be explained by this fictional planet. In fact we can model what would occur to the orbits of the planets if such an object did exist.

You'll note that even at its farthest point Nibiru would have effects on the orbits of the planets that we just don't see. Thus this planet doesn't exist.

The other area we can use to prove the nonexistence of Nibiru is historical records. Now according to the Nibiru "experts" it has an orbit of 3,600 years. Lucky for us there is a civilization that has had a continuous recorded history for 4,000 years. The Chinese. They make absolutely no mention of this planet in any of their records. You'd think a civilization that placed so much emphasis on astrology and the Heavens would notice something like a giant planet near Earth. However, we don't even need to look back the full 4,000 years. If we go with what Sitchin says about Nibiru the last time it made a close approach was around 500 BC. We have many more records from this time period than just the Chinese. Once again however there is not a single mention of this planet.

So based on the Laws of Physics and observational data we can conclude that Nibiru is nonexistent. Now there certainly could be planets in the Oort Cloud that we are unaware of but they are not entering the inner solar system and they certainly don't have 3,600 year orbits.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Oannes

Would you care to show us where the Sumerians even used the word nibiru let alone used the word to refer to the Death Star?

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by eriktheawful

This Nibiru nonsense is really starting to remind me of a line from Futurama.

Fry: Maybe we're all wearing magic rings but they're invisible rings so we don't even realise it. Also, you can't feel the rings.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   

To be honest, if i can take a photographic image of something that is 5 light years in radius and over 3.4kpc ( 7100 - 11,000 light years) away that only emits light in Halpha and Hbeta wavelengths, and i do this from my back garden with a few thousand £'s worth of equipment, im sure as hell i could see a huge heavy mass object bearing down on me....

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Even IF a brown dwarf..it would still be detected by thousand of telescopes and amateur astronomers.

Sorry but this simply isn't true. your average everyday home telescope isn't able to pick up a brown dwarf star because they are only visible in the infrared spectrum. They are too cool to be picked by home telescopes.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

A brown dwarf only emits infrared, true. So, if a brown dwarf is far from any star it can only be detected by the light it emits. However, if it is near a star (like the Sun) it will reflect the light of the star just as Jupiter reflects the light of the Sun.
iopscience.iop.org...

Such an object would be visible to the naked eye as far away as Saturn (at least). Such an object would be visible in visible light telescopes at a much greater distance than, say, Pluto.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

The albedo of browns dwarfs is very similar to that of Jupiter. So if a brown dwarf we to be passing by Earth in a little over five months it would be highly visible due to the light it would be reflecting from the Sun. On top of that brown dwarfs are capable of producing their own light. It's just nowhere near the intensity of a main sequence star. Finally, an object's temperature has nothing to do with its visibility. Take Pluto for example. It's extremely cold but because it is composed of frozen methane it is very good at reflecting light.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join