It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alert Level 3.6! Nibiru Is Near

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

Originally posted by FissionSurplus
Well, if it's gonna happen, bring it on already! I got some bills that are due...

Wouldn't somebody on this planet be able to see Nibiru if it was getting that close?

Yes, it's physically impossible to not see Nibiru in the sky...

The Oort cloud /ˈɔərt/,[1] or the Öpik–Oort cloud[2], is a hypothesized spherical cloud of comets which may lie roughly 50,000 AU, or nearly a light-year, from the Sun

So how fast would something have to travel to get from the edge of our solar system to us?

A hell of a lot faster than anything we've encountered, especially something that big. Even IF a brown dwarf..it would still be detected by thousand of telescopes and amateur astronomers.

It just doesn't make sense.

~Tenth

It doesn't make sense to your human, born and bred on earth brain. You have no clue what something is capable of in the vastness of space. With that said, I don't buy it either lol
edit on 14-7-2012 by Ear-Responsible because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
heak, there's gonn'a be cans of food all over the place floating or rolling around, just make sure it's not cat food or dog food

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Labrynth2012

*Sigh* I don't have the time to really go into this post so instead I'll pose a few challenges to you. First, show me primary sources that show the cultures you mentioned speak of a planet that passes near Earth every 3,600 years that is populated with gods. Second, show that the Sumerians even had the word Nibiru in their lexicon.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Lets not forget with all those beans and rice, it would probably be easier and a lot smaller of a stash to load up on 'Sin items' like liquor, cigarettes, and if your into the culture... drugs, and all the stuff people will want to have. Hygene, birth control, spices, ammunitions, axes and fire starting devices. Shovels and machete's, stuff like that, a hardware if you will. Lots of trading items of usfulness.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254
reply to post by Labrynth2012

Second, show that the Sumerians even had the word Nibiru in their lexicon.

AS I have stated before (and I'm really sick of repeating it) the Sumerians did have the word nibiru in their vernacular. however it did not refer to a planet, a star, a god or a comet, it meant quite simply:

A crossing, such as in a road or a river.... or in sky terms, the crossing of a object where an eclipse is seen.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by vkey08

Hello
Many will be surprised when it shows. The catastrophes are occurring more and more. I received info that it was one year behind elinin putting it here somewhere in September.
Don't prepare. The Fema program will help you.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by odinson
reply to post by vkey08

Hello
Many will be surprised when it shows. The catastrophes are occurring more and more. I received info that it was one year behind elinin putting it here somewhere in September.
Don't prepare. The Fema program will help you.

Information from whom? Please post some source links and material to back this up.. I don't think anyone will be surprised when it shows, as it's not going to show, as it doesn't exist, there is no evidence at all to prove the existence of this object..

Anyhow what does your response have to do with the fact that someone asked if the word nibiru was in ancient Sumerian? I indicated that it was and it meant what it meant.. Nothing in the post you referenced had anything to do with FEMA or the thing showing up..
edit on 14-7-2012 by vkey08 because: more questions.. sick of stupidity.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Black_Fox
Full title.

~Alert Level 3.6! Nibiru Is Near: The John Moore Show 7-11-12 - US Military Updating Families On Situation~
__________________________________________________________________________________________

"There will be a lot of things; there will be 200MPH winds, there will be earthquakes, there will be a lot of meteors hitting our dear old planet here...."

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Disclaimer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Im not promoting his views,
I do not believe this to be accurate.
And this is purely to provide content to this forum,
Here the video,of this what you will.
~Cheers~

Really???

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by vkey08

Your definition is actually a bit off. To the Akkadians it meant a river crossing. To the Babylonians it meant the highest point of the ecliptic. Occasionally this point would correspond to a planet. The most famous example is the MUL.APIN, a catalog of stars, where Jupiter is referred to as nibiru. Admittedly the Sumerians did have a word close to nibiru. It was the name of the city that is now better known as Nippur.

P.S. If you're sick of repeating it try doing it for another year. Then you'll know how I feel.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by DenyObfuscation

Look people, people people people.......

NOTHING major is going to hit Earth any time soon, not even in 100 years time.

I don't know anything about astronomy, I don't need to know because if something is going to impact us tomorrow there's NOTHING anyone can really do about it except perhaps fire off all our nuclear or starwars weaponry at it....and even then it depends on the size of what we're looking at.

From time to time what happens in our solar system does have an impact on our weather systems and cause some of our EQKs; I don't know how or why but it does and unfortunately, those living on the edge of our coastlines and fault lines are at greater risk of tsunamis and earthquakes (we all know that), that's how it's always been for many thousands of years.

In the mean time, all we can do is be prepared with some basics, as we should be regardless, and a whole lot of common sense. No one really knows whats coming 6 months from now let alone 100 years or even 500 years from now and it's no point guessing or worrying about it. If certain circles of people have a better idea, they are NOT going to tell us anyhow (and even if they did - even the last man on ATS is going to debunk it).

Live life and go about your daily business as you always have.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by eriktheawful

OK. Just for giggles, if your hypothetical numbers are correct... Where exactly would one look to find Niburu/Planet X/Nemesis...?

I believe not a word of it, but I must admit to being curious.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by seagull

OK. Just for giggles, if your hypothetical numbers are correct... Where exactly would one look to find Niburu/Planet X/Nemesis...?

I believe not a word of it, but I must admit to being curious.

See that is the problem: no one knows or can answer that with any certainty (other than nothing is out there).

If this mythical planet were out there, and if it does have a 3600 year orbit, and IF it's orbit is highly inclined, and IF it's orbit has a high eccintricity (those last 2 are very important as a high eccintricity affects it's path, circle vs ellipse vs hyperbol orbit), and IF it's suppose to be here (somewhere near Earth's orbit) by December this year, then it would have to be as far away as the asteroid belt, and you would have to look out towards celestrial south (below the solar plane).
Or IF it's suppose to get here in 100 years, again looking below the solar plane it would be past Pluto's orbit, but right at about the Kuiper Belt.

But that's the problem, we don't know any of that as all the stories that come out are different. How convienient

So I can't really tell you where to look, and besides, I don't think you'd see anything anyways, as I don't believe it exists.
Simulations I ran yesterday showed even if it's much smaller (4 Earth's and below), while it wouldn't affect Earth's eccentricity, it would affect the Earth's inclination. After just 10 passes (or 36,000 years) the Earth would have an inclination of several degrees above the solar plane (and we dont' have that)

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   

I posed two questions on this thread.... Neither were answered and I was really hoping for an answer.

From what I read yesterday and linked.... I just dont see how anyone can say there is nothing out there we cannot see.

There could be.

Im not jumping on the band wagon saying its hiding or isnt big enough but again from what I read yesterday its possible. They ( astronomers) are always looking for the possibility which tells me they do not know what all is " out there".

Could it be hiding behind the Oort cloud?

Do we need special instruments as with the new supercomputer ( pleiades) Nasa has up running now or another they are working on to detect a foreign body in the Oort cloud?

Is it big enough to see?

Whether its a planet size, dwarf, or what have you, it is possible in my mind to think there may be something in our future and past that has impacted Earth in a way to an extinction level event. Fossils prove this.

The question is.... What caused the events to happen in the past.

I think thats why astronomers are indeed aware what they have to do to find something that maybe is just too cold to detect. I dont know.... Just thinking. Lol

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

From what I read yesterday and linked.... I just dont see how anyone can say there is nothing out there we cannot see.

There could be.

There can be something out that is not seen. It happens all of the time. Look at NEOs. They are reported often as new objects. The issue is that they are small enough to avoid detection.

With objects farther out in the solar system an object can be large. It just has to be far enough away to avoid detection. There is a limit to how far it can be away. At some point the gravity of other stars comes into play. There are also passing stars that would have affected a distant object over the billions of years of the existence of the solar system. It is possible to have a larger object in that zone between no detection and too far out to have remained with the Sun. The problem is the orbit. When objects swing by the Sun there is a transfer of momentum. This means that the system keeps the same energy and momentum, but one object gains and the other loses. We see that with the Earth and Moon. The Earth slows down in its rotation making days longer and the Moon moves away from the earth as it speeds up. Such interactions prevent a highly eccentric orbit from lasting for any length of time. Any highly eccentric orbit would have been reduced in eccentricity long ago in the billions of years of existence of the solar system.

Sure there can be new discoveries of new bodies in the solar system. But those bodies will always remain far away from us.

Could it be hiding behind the Oort cloud?

The OOrt cloud is not like an atmospheric cloud. We easily see through it as can be seen on any clear night.

Whether its a planet size, dwarf, or what have you, it is possible in my mind to think there may be something in our future and past that has impacted Earth in a way to an extinction level event. Fossils prove this.

The idea that an object causes cyclical extinctions has been abandoned. It turned out that there were problems with the 28My claim. Others looking at the data saw other periods and then it was decided that there was no periodicity. What fossils prove is that extinctions happen. Fossils do not show that the extinctions have an extraterrestrial cause in all cases.

The perplexing Permian extinction was huge and yet it's cause may be due to a number of events.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   
I think that nothing of Nibiru's alleged size could be out there and remain hidden by armies of eager astronomers who would be just waiting for this sort of thing. Even if it was possible to 'silence' them with threats not to reveal their discovery to the world, I doubt they could all be silenced. I therefor pronounce Nibiru as nothing more then a pipe dream.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

stereologist pretty much summed it up.

Can there be objects out there that we don't know about? Sure, and of course.

Can there be an object out there that has a 3600 year orbit around the sun, but who's orbit is eccentric enough to bring it in the inner solar system that we just have not detected yet? The answer to that is again: sure!

But then you need to go with the other questions too:

If both the above questions hold true, could this be a very large object such as a star, brown dwarf, giant gas giant?

In that case, the answer would be no. Not with a eccentric orbit that brings it into the inner solar system. Even if we could not see or detect it for some reason, the affect it would have on the sun and the planets we can see would be dramatic. Every 3600 years it would change the orbits of the inner planets (throwing some right out of the solar system) and give the sun a large "wobble" that we would see. So even if we couldn't see it, we would see the effects of it's very large mass.

What if it was a much smaller object? With much less mass?

If that were the case, then I would have to say "Nibiru" or "Planet X" is a lot more plausible. If it's mass is small enough, it would not affect the orbits of the inner planets. But it would have to be a very small object. Meaning dwarf planet or smaller.

In that case: yes it would be hard to detect, may not be detected easily if it were still out past the Kuiper belt region, and may not interact with anything that we can see because it's so small.

However, keep in mind, if it were that small......then it's not going to cause any dramatic "Earth Changes". It's just too small.
Also keep in mind, even if it were that small, but is going to arrive in December of this year, then it would have to be about as far as the asteroid belt right now, and then it would be visible to anyone with a pair of bonoculars at this point, just like the asteroid Ceres which is very small, under 1,000 miles across and anyone can out out and see it in the sky at night.

Unless you buy into the whole "It's populated by advanced aliens that keep in cloaked (and some how negate gravity)" or "it's made of of matter than only emits or reflect IR" (which is still funny since we can detect IR just fine).

As for the periodic ELE theory, as stereologist said, that theory has pretty much fallen out since no one has been able to show that ELE's have a perodicity and I've never seen any proof that the Earth undergoes a ELE every 3,600 years.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Well thanks to both of younfor a well informed view that was missing in the artciles I linked.

Its so confusing to read all the different views but it also makes more since how you both explained. Its possible a smaller body could exist without detection. Inter-dimensional?? My thoughts have taken me there but... Its funny if I think about it too long. Just too out there for me.

Let me ask one more question.

How long would it take for something like a Nibiru to come into our system and be observed?

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

That question is hard to answer because again, we're talking about something that there are no hard facts on, only people's stories, ideas and theories.

If an object has a very eccentric orbit (think comet how they come in from very far away at the edge of our solar system), it comes in and it's speed increases. Way out past the Kuiper Belt, it might only be moveing a few km per second. But by the time it gets in close to where the inner solar system is, it's velocity would be over 30 km/s, and is why it would whip around the sun quickly. Then as it heads out, it slows down again.

But that type of orbit, it would be near our part of the solar system from a few weeks to a month or 2.

If the object's orbit is less eccentric (star thinking eliptical), then it's path around the sun is slower, but it's also further out. The less eccentric means the closer to a "circle" we get.

That's how orbital mechanics work. You can't have an object whipping around the sun, and then going way off into the far reaches of the solar system and have that orbit be a circle or gentle eliptic orbit.

If you look at the orbits of all the planets we know of, their orbits are eliptical so they do get a little closer to the sun at one point, and a little further at the opposite point. But no where as drastic like a comet's orbit.

So again the answer to your question is: Depends. Heh. Sorry about that, but hard data needs to be availble to figure it out. Without it, all I can do is make a wild guess.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   

I appreciate the honesty and taking the time to explain it. I for one know time is precious, thanks!

In my mind, I believe anything is possible. The unknowns can happen and creep up on you but the possibilites are humbling.

The Universe in my eyes is filled with unlimited possibilities and some are probable while others are not. I also think history shows us what historians and anthropologists have found over the years such as fossils. Even then I still question.

What do they know and what do they suspect just like with any field is controversial it seems. Do you see that too or is just me?

If there is a Nibiru hanging out then for it to get here in say next year then I would assume it would be just now entering our solar system. I wish I knew more and had more time to study everything it is Im interested in. Lol

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by MamaJ

I appreciate the honesty and taking the time to explain it. I for one know time is precious, thanks!

In my mind, I believe anything is possible. The unknowns can happen and creep up on you but the possibilites are humbling.

The Universe in my eyes is filled with unlimited possibilities and some are probable while others are not. I also think history shows us what historians and anthropologists have found over the years such as fossils. Even then I still question.

What do they know and what do they suspect just like with any field is controversial it seems. Do you see that too or is just me?

If there is a Nibiru hanging out then for it to get here in say next year then I would assume it would be just now entering our solar system. I wish I knew more and had more time to study everything it is Im interested in. Lol

You're most welcome. Having been a teacher I don't mind imparting what I know about something when someone asks.

As far as "Do I see that too?", I'll answer this way:

My entire back ground is steeped in science, from hobbies, to jobs, everyone of them required having a decent knowledge in science, be it astronomy, astrophysics, physics, EM propagation systems, and using computers to create 3D animations.

Still, like most human beings I like to dream about things too. As a teen and well into adulthood, I read and read science fictions books. Everything from books with very grounded science base to books that were a lot more on the fantasy side.
I've day dreamed about what it would be like to walk around on Larry Niven's Ringworld, or explore Greg Bear's hollowed out asteroid that doesn't ever end. But I've also walked around thinking of what Middle Earth would be like, or ride one of Anne McCaffery's Dragons.......

But through all that, I always keep at least one foot grounded in reality and it's served me well. I guess working in areas that required me to trouble shoot systems that require logic and deductive reasoning to find one bad electronic component out of a maze of thousands is what makes me that way.

So yes, I like to dream and day dream to on the "what if's", but they stay "what if's" unless I see or find something that changes it to "what is"

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join