It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists Prove Ancient Alien Cauldrons in Siberia are Real

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Ok it seems some people is a bit consufed here or not getting all the facts. As I see it, the article OP posted states:

A team of Russian scientists and researchers have just returned from the “Valley of Death” region in Siberia with startling claims. Lead scientist Michale Visok had this to say in an interview with a Russian newspaper on what they had found

Dated on June 22, 2012.

scienceray.com...

On the other hand, some other people here is discusing about the ANOTHER epedition that took place several years ago:

Date: 26th of May 2006 till 12. of June 2006 (second part till 18th of June 2006)

Route:

By Air Plane from Prague via Moscow to Mirnyi and back, then by car via Tchertchyshevski to the bridge over Olguidakh river between Olguidakh and Morkoka village, and then by inflatable raft down the Olguidakh river.

Members:

Ivan Mackerle, Jiří Skupien, Danny Mackerle, Jiří Zítka, Pavel Štěpán + Slava Pastukhov (russian guide)

en.mackerle.cz...

The last one appeared in the History Channel show apparently.

What we need to discuss here is about the original article from weeks ago, where the site the OP provided is claiming that a NEW expedition took place.

Anyway, quickly I found a little incovenient: I can't find anything related to its team leader, Michale Visok.

Is the entire new article completely bogus?
edit on 13-7-2012 by JackHill because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-7-2012 by JackHill because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   

According to many believers, these cauldrons are actually defense weapons built by ancient aliens to defend our planet against all space based threats whether by hostile aliens, asteroids or comet strikes. Many people site the numerous meteorites that have crashed or exploded in the area as evidence of this including the famous Tunguska meteorite in 1908, the Chulym meteorite in 1984 and the Vitim meteorite in 2002.

link
Doesn't anyone wonder how they came up with this idea?
So aliens built a meteorite defense system (on one spot on the planet) and the evidence is.... 'numerous' (three cited) meteorites that have exploded in the atmosphere?
If we cited all the meteorites that have exploded in the atmosphere elsewhere, does that mean that there are other 'alien meteorite defense sites' that we haven't noticed?
OR
Is it possible that the standard scientific theory, that meteors burn up and explode in the atmosphere all by themselves, is at work here?
I'm going with the accepted scientific theory on this one.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I am going to say BS on the new article. No one can find any info on the Michale scientist and there are no sources listed either. We have to remember that people are coming up with their own "stories" on blogs these days that are completely false. As this one almost certainly is. Love the story but as for truth? I think not.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Mythkiller

What is the season and episode of that ancient alien documentary thx

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy

According to many believers, these cauldrons are actually defense weapons built by ancient aliens to defend our planet against all space based threats whether by hostile aliens, asteroids or comet strikes. Many people site the numerous meteorites that have crashed or exploded in the area as evidence of this including the famous Tunguska meteorite in 1908, the Chulym meteorite in 1984 and the Vitim meteorite in 2002.

link
Doesn't anyone wonder how they came up with this idea?
So aliens built a meteorite defense system (on one spot on the planet) and the evidence is.... 'numerous' (three cited) meteorites that have exploded in the atmosphere?
If we cited all the meteorites that have exploded in the atmosphere elsewhere, does that mean that there are other 'alien meteorite defense sites' that we haven't noticed?
OR
Is it possible that the standard scientific theory, that meteors burn up and explode in the atmosphere all by themselves, is at work here?
I'm going with the accepted scientific theory on this one.

But the animation of the meteorite blasters was soo convincing!

edit on 13-7-2012 by AlienAgendah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by JackHill

Apparently, and as the Previous poster in this thread NeoVain, said, the report is apparently, and if I understood it correctly, referring to the research-team in 2006, that was also featured in the earlier attached AA-clip, and pics from that expedition can also be found here; picasaweb.google.com...

The guy you asked about, is, according to that same poster, named Ivan Mackerle, and is a renown Explorist and Adventurer.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Thank you for posting this since this story has always interested me since I read the original thread. This new update is pretty cool and I will stay tuned. Hopefully it's not a hoax.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by amongus
This is the thing I'll never understand. The scientists are planning another expedition......why? I'll tell you this, if I were there, and knew they were in 2-3 feet of mud, I'd dig. You'd have to pull me off the site, or I'd die of exhaustion trying to find out wtf was down there.

This is such a load of crap.......Seriously...THEY WALKED ON THEM, yet decided to call it a day? This smells like the Baltic UFO (snip) to get money.
edit on 11-7-2012 by amongus because: (no reason given)

I've heard about this place before and can say for fact that several people actually got sick while visiting the anomalies. So your saying you would put your life in danger just to see what was down there? i think knowing that these anomalies are of ET origins would be enough for me.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by multidimesonalism

i think knowing that these anomalies are of ET origins would be enough for me.

I don't see any evidence yet that these 'anomalies' are of ET origin.

I am not sure that I have seen any evidence that they are even anomalies. From what I have seen these look like muskeg ponds, commonly found in Siberia.
Bog Ponds

Muskegs
edit on 13-7-2012 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Hi, good point, but as there is absolutely no more info about that "new expedition" anywhere on the web and even zero hits on the name Michale Visok, except that article from scienceray to lend this any credibility, we are instead discussing the older expedition since it has alot more information available and is the one covered in the Ancien Aliens episode cited in the OP. If you notice they have only one picture attached to this new article about the "new expedition", which is actually taken from the old expedition as well (notice in the ancient aliens episode the exact same picture is used as part of a video, or just look at the OP, it is the same still used for the youtube vid). So yes it is very possible that this whole article is fabrication, unless we get some evidence to the contrary.

The interesting thing here is trying to figure out what these cauldrons can be and if they actually exist. It matters little what name is attached to the finding, in my book.

edit on 13-7-2012 by NeoVain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   

The source you quoted says that the research team was Russian, and its leader's name was Michale Visok. As an ethnic Russian, I say that this first name is simply impossible to have, for a Russian (if anything it would be Mikhail), and the family name is extremely unusual, I've never heard anything like it, never. It just sounds so weird, I find it hard to believe this source just for this reason.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by NeoVain

Hi, good point, but as there is absolutely no more info about that "new expedition" anywhere on the web and even zero hits on the name Michale Visok

Ditto. I can google up my own name in a split second, however that name just never comes up in either alphabet (see my post where I doubt the names' authenticity).

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by amongus
This is the thing I'll never understand. The scientists are planning another expedition......why? I'll tell you this, if I were there, and knew they were in 2-3 feet of mud, I'd dig. You'd have to pull me off the site, or I'd die of exhaustion trying to find out wtf was down there.

This is such a load of crap.......Seriously...THEY WALKED ON THEM, yet decided to call it a day? This smells like the Baltic UFO (snip) to get money.
edit on 11-7-2012 by amongus because: (no reason given)

I agree 100%. I'd star your post but you can't be starred.

You know what we need? We need our own team of ATS Investigative Reporters that could fly to these places and check them out much like Springer did with the Mustangs. An ATS team could be Big. Tv shows news, media. It could be like the Syfy show Fact or Faked: Paranormal Files without all the BS. I'd trust ATSers to get the job done right.

What do ya think?

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Just found a very interesting documentary which have alot of more info on this event and lots of footage of the area, even though it seems quite old.

Thoroughly recommend it for anyone with a lasting interest/curiosity in this matter.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Plugin
reply to post by amongus

I don't think it's so easy to dig in a swamp. Also getting big equipment there for even trying?
So it was just an exploration to find them, not to dig them out.

I had to reply to this post...even though this is old news.
Its not hard to get or use heavy equipment in a swamp all you need is a couple of big helecoptors
and a few cajuns from south louisiana to run the equipment!!...not dissing you dude but it aint that hard to do!!

Id really like to investigate this myself as i am from louisiana myself...anyone wanna make donations to the StumpDrummer Ancient Cauldron Foundation

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   
If it's not radiation, those injuries look pretty consistent with this:
en.wikipedia.org...

Russians/Soviets had a stockpile of that stuff at least going back to WWII. It had to be produced and stored somewhere. Why not out in some back-country (and since abandoned) gulag?

If locals aren't too bright about some things, the whole alien story could be a cover to keep them out of danger and keep some secrets secret. Don't want people poking around for large and rusted out vats of very dangerous and still quite potent chemical warfare agents.

At least something like that seems just as, if not more plausible than the aliens thing.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by doubledutch
reply to post by Char-Lee

there in a swamp in the middle of no where, on foot, with no diggers, and half the team got i'll, oh and they are submerged under feet of water...

so how exactly would you 'dig' it up?

Im not saying they are alien by the way, much more likely to be ancient civilization imo... but go on, tell me how a few blokes are going to dig them up?

Think that is pretty much what I said also. other then my first comment when I had not read the thread and thought they said they were standing on them in mud.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Any observers or explorers had better be very careful
as MOST of what has been shown here are examples
of highly radioactive cold war-era radio-isotope power generators.

And the clue as what the found items are is the mention of
cauldron shapes and shiny spheres which indicate to me
that they are cold-war era sensors with a combined power generator
used to detect low altitude and/or air-burst nuclear detonations.

The X-rays, gamma and Alpha/Beta particles
given off by a nuclear detonation would be collected
and sensed using simple laws of physics as those particles
interacted with and caused specific anomalies within the
metallic dish-like and sphere-like collectors.

A built-in low-frequency/long range over-the-horizon radio transmitter
would send signals back to a receiving unit after a specific time
delay after detonation and since these detonation detectors are fully
Faraday caged, they are immune to EMP and being mostly sub-surface,
any low-altitude or surface nuclear detonation would cause the upper
ground layers to fuse into a silica glass thus futher protecting the buried
devices from damage.

The fused silica and sub-surface distances only attenuate the low
frequency radio signals by a designed-in-amount that was accounted
for by the engineers of these devices.

Most of these devices had 25 year lifespans in a completely
unattended state. The reasons these were put in was to detect
nuclear detonations from ICBMs (Intercontinential Ballistic Missiles)
sent to destroy the truck-based or rail-based Soviet missile forces.
IN MOST CASES these devices were literally scattered
all around the most remote parts of Eastern Siberia and all along
the Taiga forest belt that spans between Moscow and Beijing.

As we monitored these Soviet Missile sites via ultra high altitude flyovers
and satellite imagery, we found THOUSANDS of mobile missile sites,
most being decoys but at least a one-quarter being fully operational long-range
nuclear missile systems. In those days of the late 70's to Late 80's it was
still difficult to determine the operational status of these sites due to
both low-resolution film (still 60 cm to two metres in those days) AND the
time it took get film cannisters dropped from the satellites that were
picked up by high flying aircraft. (that's a whole 'nother story!)

And since the missile sites were always being moved around, sometimes
after only two weeks in one place, targetting all of them with nukes was a
logistically impossible task for the NATO forces so we had to GUESSTIMATE.
which ones were real. And in order for the Soviets to be able to support this
move-all-the-nukes-around charade, they had to build fail-safe,
long term power generation systems which powered the nuclear detonation
sensors and thus radio-thermal generators were born.

The only problem is that the Soviets built THOUSANDS of them
in a short period of time and since they were simply ABANDONED in place
in the remotest of areas, they NEGLECTED to put in radioactive emissions
mitigation systems. They were relatively thin-walled devices that emitted
dangerous-to-human levels of radioactivity at up to a radius of
25 to 150 metres depending on their size and whether they were
installed lightly underground or simply abandoned on the ground surface.

And even after up to 25 years AFTER their designed lifespan,
the half-lives of the radio-isotopes are STILL highly dangerous
and after the collapse of the Soviet empire in the early 1990's,
MANY of these devices were unknowingly destroyed and pillaged
as scrap metal for the poor and mostly illiterate locals. This contaminated
wide areas and left some very deteriorated radio-thermal generators
scattered around, still emitting high dangerous levels of radioactivity
for both humans and the local wildlife.

ONLY NOW are these being found and finally cleaned up by people
who know what they are doing. Still...they are out there...slowly but
surely killing off the unwary.

I hope this little narrative explains some of the things
that happened from 1975 to 1990 during the height of
the cold war and especially during the Ronald Reagan
years where, as President, he built up the 600 ship Navy
and the LARGEST military budget ever (on absolute terms
accounting for inflation) during 1987 to battles the "Evil Empire"
of the old Soviet Union (now Russia).

U2U me if you want an explanation or request for MORE cold war
intrigue!

MORE INFO:

Radioisotope Thermoelectric Generators:

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by StargateSG7

Any observers or explorers had better be very careful
as MOST of what has been shown here are examples
of highly radioactive cold war-era radio-isotope power generators.
- Snip -

As interesting as your post is I have to tell you.. these cauldrons cannot be any type of cold war power generators. They were first discovered in 1853 !

www.realufos.net...

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters

Seriously I don't even care if this is aliens or just a bog, watch the video with annotations turned on, trust me, when the ancient aliens dude showed up, well, that just made my day.

Thank you!

hahahah!! that freakin cracked me up.

Thanks.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join