It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists Prove Ancient Alien Cauldrons in Siberia are Real

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by MarioOnTheFly
reply to post by Res Ipsa

and what would you do...dive down there...in to the murky pond in Siberia...bare naked ? Or you think they got diving equipment ?

Or should they drain the pond...with all the equipment they got. They probably have a few swiss army knives and a camera. They probably traveled light.

Come on guys.....be reasonable. This paranoia is getting out of hand. The intent of the expedition was to find out if there is anything to these legends and old cases.

I think a lot of people are city dwellers and do not realize how easy things look and how hard it truly is in a wilderness. Even a simple trip into real wilderness is very difficult. For a group to get to a place like this also very expensive and that is why time and supplies are limited.

Think of the millions spent to climb a mountain or a jungle expedition, this place has all the bad qualities of both. Cold, mosquitoes the size of cars, wet, muck...I would not go.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I'm really dissapointed in that video. I learned about them "couldrons" when I was a kid, reading in an old magazine about the "Dyatlov Pass Incident". About the mysteries of Russia. And how the locals around their related to couldrons around that place.

This incident happened in the "Mountain of the Dead", in the northern Ural Mountains in 1959.

en.wikipedia.org...

I'm sure everyone here has already heard about it.

For them to make an expedition, they definetely came unprepared. Even if it was at a different part.
edit on 12-7-2012 by Debunkology because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Char-Lee

Originally posted by buddhasystem

I don't think the expedition was expecting to dig in a swamp. Do you realize what it means ? To dig up something from a swamp ? Something large, metallic and probably heavy, buried who knows how many meters in to the ground. With which tools? A back pack mini shovel ?

with "The team consisted of 3 geologists, 1 astrophysicist, 1 mechanical engineer and 3 research assistants. " ?

Who is gonna do the digging ?

OK then, may I ask: what was the point of going there? From any previous indications, most of the alleged objects were supposed to be buried for the most part. Taking a trip into Siberia w/o any equipment to assist you is just suspect, or stupid, or both.

There is plenty of portable equipment used to drill wells. One of these units would be enormously helpful in at least reaching the surface of the alleged object and maybe taking a sample.

The OP says that they "walked" on top of something metallic, so this clearly means that the amount of digging involved would be minimal of any. Where are the goddamn samples? Where are the photographs of the metallic surface?

The more I read about it, the more bogus it appears.

Looks like they had to travel by raft to get there, I wonder how many miles in they had to go, and then get out before their supplies were gone.
picasaweb.google.com...

Dude, thanks for the pics... and... look, they even took a PARAPLANE with them. So it's not like they didn't have cargo capacity. One of the photos has a note attached, saying that the "anomaly" they were looking at was a bunch of rocks containing iron ore. Which is pretty cool but not very exciting.

By the way I've known people who go to places like this for fun, hunting and hiking. It's tough out there, then again that's Russia for you and it has been done before.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Char-Lee

I don't think the expedition was expecting to dig in a swamp. Do you realize what it means ? To dig up something from a swamp ? Something large, metallic and probably heavy, buried who knows how many meters in to the ground. With which tools? A back pack mini shovel ?

with "The team consisted of 3 geologists, 1 astrophysicist, 1 mechanical engineer and 3 research assistants. " ?

Who is gonna do the digging ?

OK then, may I ask: what was the point of going there? From any previous indications, most of the alleged objects were supposed to be buried for the most part. Taking a trip into Siberia w/o any equipment to assist you is just suspect, or stupid, or both.

There is plenty of portable equipment used to drill wells. One of these units would be enormously helpful in at least reaching the surface of the alleged object and maybe taking a sample.

The OP says that they "walked" on top of something metallic, so this clearly means that the amount of digging involved would be minimal of any. Where are the goddamn samples? Where are the photographs of the metallic surface?

The more I read about it, the more bogus it appears.

Looks like they had to travel by raft to get there, I wonder how many miles in they had to go, and then get out before their supplies were gone.
picasaweb.google.com...

Dude, thanks for the pics... and... look, they even took a PARAPLANE with them. So it's not like they didn't have cargo capacity. One of the photos has a note attached, saying that the "anomaly" they were looking at was a bunch of rocks containing iron ore. Which is pretty cool but not very exciting.

By the way I've known people who go to places like this for fun, hunting and hiking. It's tough out there, then again that's Russia for you and it has been done before.

Well their boats look defiantly overloaded!
Photo 19 what is he picasaweb.google.com...? A hand metal scanner or a fishing real?

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
So if you go to these pic links there's a simple map of the site...
picasaweb.google.com...

...and go go google maps!

64.176894, 112.558694 are the coordinates for the top river/road intersection.

Sadly the resolution is piss poor, I could possible make out a dark ~20m circle at one of the marked sites, if I squinted and turned my head a little

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Acidtastic

You failed. There're loads of pictures, and a couple of videos.

Nice "debunk". Oh, no, wait. That was a pathetic debunk.

Don't ya just love psuedoskeptics.

Erm, I have looked at all the photo's and videos in this thread especially the 45 images in the picasa web album and all I see is a bunch of guys riding rapids in their rubber boat, fish, snow and a parachutist.

As I said in my previous post, where are the pictures of the anomalies?

And please don't use that grainy picture with a circle drawn on it as an example.

The only thing they provide to describe the anomaly are sketches.

I will keep an open mind on anything but when people make bold claims they need to back it up with evidence to be taken seriously (at least by me) and this smells of BS as not one image is available that proves anything or shows anything even remotely strange even though an entire expedition team went out there.

They supposedly found what would be one of the greatest if not the greatest discoveries ever (proof of aliens) yet they take pictures of a man parachuting, fish, rubber boats and some snow, give me a break.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   
I think the video you're all discussing here is related to an expedition that was done like 5 years ago... but the article clearly states about a NEW expedition done recently, problem being that I can't find any info at ALL about the team leader mentioned. Anyone?

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
If i were to make an expedition, the very LEAST i'd do is take pictures, TONS of them.

I haven't found one single picture showing the "anomalies", whatsoever...only drawings.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
wow veryy intersting

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by amongus
This is the thing I'll never understand. The scientists are planning another expedition......why? I'll tell you this, if I were there, and knew they were in 2-3 feet of mud, I'd dig. You'd have to pull me off the site, or I'd die of exhaustion trying to find out wtf was down there.

This is such a load of crap.......Seriously...THEY WALKED ON THEM, yet decided to call it a day? This smells like the Baltic UFO (snip) to get money.
edit on 11-7-2012 by amongus because: (no reason given)

Im not trying to be rude here so don't think I am attacking you.

I am sure these scientists have their reasons for dong things the way they do them and do not take into consideration the way YOU would have done it.

Answer me this question please,
Is it possible that theydidn't want to go out there, 'Balls to the walls' without even substantiating these claims first?
There would be ALOT of equipment and expenses involved and I am sure they would want to find out if there is even anything there FIRST! THEN and only THEN would they go to Phase 2.

Make sense?
I am only putting this out there as a POSSIBILITY!
Because, as always, I DON'T KNOW and neither do you.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Screwed
I am sure these scientists have their reasons for dong things the way they do them and do not take into consideration the way YOU would have done it.

I am a scientist and what these guys did does not qualify as science. It was hiking, camping and paragliding. They had a whole raft full of cr@p yet they didn't take an assaying kit, a sonar, metal detector or anything of that sort. They didn't produce a single picture that would show any evidence of anything unusual. So I guess we can all agree that actual evidence in this case == zero.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Isn't this the same area where people go 'nuts', if they spend too much time there?

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Could be a crashed saucer. Being in a swamp, it makes sense that it would be submerged because of the high impact. Notice I said "could be". And it could be the reason that the pond formed to begin with.

Where are the photos of this metal object though? Underwater cameras are pretty common these days. = Not buying it without the visual proof. ~$heopleNation

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Propulsion
If the caldrons did exist, communist Russia and its military would have gone in there to extract the objects. Especially during the cold war where any form of advanced technology could have given Russia the advantage. If they were there, I can only assume they were taken out a long time ago.

Perhaps they did...

In his letter, Koretsky stresses that in 1933 his Yakut guide told him that: "…five or ten years before, he had discovered several spherical cauldrons (they were absolutely round) that protruded high (higher than a man) out of the ground. They looked brand new. Later the hunter had seen them again, now broken and scattered." Koretsky also noted that when he visited one "cauldron" a second time, in the intervening few years it had sunk appreciably into the ground.
From www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

Probably as public as what goes on in Area 51/ Pine Gap right now.. only Russia has got their hands on this piece of tech.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   
C'mon, History Channel. Don't just show us this stuff. Pay for someone to go over there and dig it up. This reminds me of the Sphinx special that ended with "What could be under the Sphinx's foot? Guess we'll never know."

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by amongus
This is the thing I'll never understand. The scientists are planning another expedition......why? I'll tell you this, if I were there, and knew they were in 2-3 feet of mud, I'd dig. You'd have to pull me off the site, or I'd die of exhaustion trying to find out wtf was down there.

This is such a load of crap.......Seriously...THEY WALKED ON THEM, yet decided to call it a day? This smells like the Baltic UFO (snip) to get money.
edit on 11-7-2012 by amongus because: (no reason given)

You hit the proverbial nail on the head here and I could not agree more. What kind of an 'expedition', armed with all of that academic and engineering skill, goes out to a site where they expect metal cauldrons and does not at least come back with a small sample of the material? I mean just a shard, or small peel of metal would be enough to analyze and you do not need diamond tools to do that. Where are the hundreds of pictures, chemical analysis, soil samples that a real scientific expedition would certainly produce?

Further, why does the word ALIEN ever get linked to things not understood, when an ancient people or even a much earlier population of human beings is far more likely in the general probability curve of possible creators.

It spells out the exact scenario going on with that Baltic rock.... To get money, and the science part is not only a joke, it is blatantly missing.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Next time they go bring radiation protective suites from head to toe ! Maybe go when it is not too hot unless they can develop a suite with air condition in it
Maybe there is one and I don't know about it. Would be a great addition for sure. Something that can go under water too.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Mythkiller

Lemme guess.

Ancient Aliens?

Whatever it is, good luck dredging it out of the marsh. if it was really built by "aliens" the Russian government would have been all over that thing dredging it out and sending scientists in to excavate. Seeing as they have known about it for hundreds of years and don't seem to give a damn about it. I'd say it's nothing.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by NeoVain

Originally posted by Nucleardiver
reply to post by Mythkiller

So 3 geologists, an astrophysicist, a mechanical engineer, and 3 research assistants got to investigate "strange copper cauldrons" that are buried under 3' of swamp and none of these great intellectual minds think to bring a metal detector, ground penetrating radar, or shovels?

What school did these great minds graduate from? University of Phoenix online?

This is a load of bull crap, just like Nibiru, the Baltic sea UFO and 70% of the "great discoveries" on YouTube. IMO it was a bunch of ruskies out on a vodka drinking hiking trip that wanted some attention and notoriety plain and simple.

I guess they expected to find one of these things still visible from above ground, not completely submerged. The reasons for this is obvious: They did not have the money or equipment to start digging out a swamp of this scale, besides, first thing you always do is try to locate the thing to then determine what would be needed for further findings to be made. They did not even know if there was anything to those stories they heard or if it was just a bunch of make believe, setting out. Seems they came to the conclusion there actually WAS something to the stories, and that indeed was the purpose of this expedition.

You said the key statement, try to locate the objects. They knew they were in swamps, that in itself would tell most people with knowledge of geological strata that they would not be on the surface since swamps are well known for their ability to bury anything in them in the peat mud that makes up the base of the swamp.

A good Minelab metal detector can be purchased for around $1000 and an underwater model starts around $1400 making it possible to locate metal objects submerged under water or mud. Seriously, this was a project directed by prominent scientists that couldn't afford a couple thousand dollars worth of basic equipment? I'm not saying excavators and bulldozers, just some very basic pieces of equipment that would greatly assist in validating any findings.

As far as your statement that this was an initial venture to attempt to find evidence, well all the more reason to have some basic equipment. After Hurricane Katrina,I worked the GoM locating sunken oil rigs and disrupted pipelines but the company I worked for didn't just have me suit up and drop me to 1000'+ and have me walk the floor of the gulf looking and feeling around for debris. We used basic locating tools (magnetometers, known as metal detectors, and sonar) to find objects then dove the objects to ascertain what they were and devise a plan based upon our findings.

When I was diving the 1733 Spanish Plate Fleet off of Sebastian Inlet FL looking for gold I didn't just jump overboard and search blindly. I used basic locating equipment as in metal detector and sonar to locate possible objects then ho and physically verify them. You see I know quite a lot about locating lost items in severe and hostile environments, between my time spent as a diver in the Navy and my work as a commercial diver for 12 years as well as many, many years of my own personal treasure diving.

When you fail to prepare you are preparing to fail. These scientists prepared to fail due to their failure to prepare, this is evidenced in the fact that they had plenty of historical information pointing to the location of the cauldrons yet failed to include any equipment that would verify their claim of findings.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join