It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists Prove Ancient Alien Cauldrons in Siberia are Real

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Debunkology

Thank you for sharing that! I've surprisingly actually never read or even heard of the Dyatlov pass instance. Definitely some interesting information that's clearly still shrouded in some sort of secrecy.
Also whilst reading about it, i couldn't help but think, "what a great plot to base a horror/thriller movie on!". You know, one of those 'based on true events' movies

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mythkiller

Originally posted by amongus
This is the thing I'll never understand. The scientists are planning another expedition......why? I'll tell you this, if I were there, and knew they were in 2-3 feet of mud, I'd dig. You'd have to pull me off the site, or I'd die of exhaustion trying to find out wtf was down there.

This is such a load of crap.......

Yeah, I couldn't agree more...

People got sick. Of course they had to call it a day. It should be treated as highly radioactive. People were reported to have gotten ill in the "Ancient Aliens" episode that covered this topic. That particular part of that show always stuck in my mind. I found it fascinating. It makes absolute sense that they plan a meticulously rigid way of investigating these things.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 02:12 AM
link   
I have never heard about this until now, but here is what i found from the few websites about this.

The "objects" were first discovered in the 1930s, which make it VERY plausible to me those are remnants from soviet nuclear tests.

Whether there are actual accounts that people saw those objects BEFORE the 1930s...this is just speculation.

This area in Siberia is (AFAIK!) a place which had been used for atomic and nuclear testing constantly, so no surprise there is junk lying around which is radioactive.

That the "natives" or whoever lives there fabricate fairy tales and myths around the objects is not really surprising either.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by AFewGoodWomen

Originally posted by Mythkiller

Originally posted by amongus
This is the thing I'll never understand. The scientists are planning another expedition......why? I'll tell you this, if I were there, and knew they were in 2-3 feet of mud, I'd dig. You'd have to pull me off the site, or I'd die of exhaustion trying to find out wtf was down there.

This is such a load of crap.......

Yeah, I couldn't agree more...

People got sick. Of course they had to call it a day. It should be treated as highly radioactive. People were reported to have gotten ill in the "Ancient Aliens" episode that covered this topic. That particular part of that show always stuck in my mind. I found it fascinating. It makes absolute sense that they plan a meticulously rigid way of investigating these things.

So wait....despite the (countless??) reports and hear-say that the "metallic objects" make people sick which CLEARLY make one conclude towards radioactivity - and the undeniable fact that the Siberian taiga was used extensively for nuclear testing ... NO ONE came even remotely up with the idea to actually get a $50 geiger counter to confirm (or disprove, for that matter)...that there is radioactivity? AMAZING.

Even at the very first, slightest indication that there MIGHT be radioactivity which makes people sick, this would be the very first thing to do..not only for scientific research but literally to save people's health and life which are part of the expedition. You simply don't go there and camp there, despite countless stories from natives...and STAY THERE and hold out a few days if one member already got terrible sick.

edit on 13-7-2012 by flexy123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 05:25 AM
link   
S&F. Great post.

Stuff like this is so interesting to me. One problem I have though. While I do agree Aliens visited us in the distant past and maybe even had a hand in guiding us through our early stages of development these cauldrons are not necessarily ET in origin.

I believe human civilization is much older than mainstream science and historians want to admit. These cauldrons could be left over technology from one of the cycles of human civilization that has taken place. Attributing everything to Aliens takes away from the true ingenuity of the human race.

Then again who knows. Until they excavate these things and do in depth study on them we won't know. Even then maybe not. Truly an interesting mystery.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 05:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Mythkiller

Very interesting. I have read about the legends of these cauldrons, and I do think they deserve further investigation. For those who wonder why they didnt dig, well, consider that these are submerged objects in Sibeiran swamp water. This part of the Earth is very remote, hundreds of miles between settlements. No roads going into the wilderness areas where these objects are located. Such an excavation requires pumps, as well as other equipment to build a skirt, or dike of sorts, around the area being pumped, otherwise the area would refill. It takes money, which folks are tight with these days, and logistics, which are difficult to set up in so remote a reigon. While I dont think these are some alien superwepons, it would be neat to find out what they are. A unique geologic formation, perhaps a leftover from the Siberian Traps eruptions from 280 million years ago? A mineral deposit, like the iron/titanium ore discovered not far from their discovery site? Let us wait and see. One way or the other, the discovery of what the cauldons are may be valuable.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 05:39 AM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

"As I implied, there is absolutely no reason whatsoever to state that this was a Tesla coil. There is no grounds for that. As such, doing so is polluting ATS with empty words."

I find that a rather arrogant, especially considering your screen name. Your not very open minded now are you? Take a chill pill mate, as i said i was only speculating. So tell you what, prove to us all now that the object not a giant Tesla coil, this should be good since there is pritty much no evidence to sugest what the object was/is.

Im having my opinion pal, it a free country, at least mine still is!

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Nucleardiver

When you fail to prepare you are preparing to fail. These scientists prepared to fail due to their failure to prepare, this is evidenced in the fact that they had plenty of historical information pointing to the location of the cauldrons yet failed to include any equipment that would verify their claim of findings.

Seems you have missed the plot. These scientist where sceptics, they didn´t believe they would find anything, they had just heard some myths about some cauldron which they set out to validate. They did not believe they would find anything at all, so naturally they did not bring expensive high tech gear start pumping and digging. They prioritized gear to help them scan the area and locate them, and as their budget was small, they got the parachute with a motor to scan the area. A Sonar certainly wouldnt have worked, or wouldnt even be something they would have prioritized. They certainly didn´t expect to find all of them submerged.

Who knows, maybe there is still one or two that are not submerged completely, they just didn´t find them. The area is over 200 000 km big afterall...

The expedetion furthermore was a success, not a failure, since they in fact DID manage to locate something, which they did not even expect. Not a bad job at all with such gear, budget and such a big area.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Something here perplexes me, and that is:

"If we take 1380 as our starting date and go back into the past, we can trace such moments. In 830, for example, the culture of the Mayans who inhabited the Yucatán Peninsula in Mexico was destroyed. Many of their cities were reduced to ruins by an explosion of monstrous force."

I know there's a lot of interest in all things mesoamerican, and there is a pretty well established bit of archaeology going on in this region, in fact the discovery of a foot path to Machu Picchu in the news in the last week, basically undiscovered to most if not all but a few locals it seems. Never the less, the claim of......

"Many of their cities were reduced to ruins by an explosion of monstrous force."

Please correct me, but I don't recall any news of this phenomenon, this 'destruction' .......save the popular theory of an asteroid hitting the Yucatan as most of us have heard or read. Does this come to mind with anyones recall? This 'Destruction', I had thought the biggest task with finding these monuments/pyramids/cities was simply the centuries of plant growth and overburden, making it difficult when excavating and obscuring most of them visually.

As for the 'Cauldrons' ....... wouldn't these be of interest to the Russian government? And surely they would be secured and actively under investigation...... Russia would have all the means to retrieve or excavate, come on Sikorsky helicopters come in 'Sky crane' configurations. Either it's simply a legend, or there is something to it, and if there IS something to it..... All the players would be actively working on it, most especially the Russians.
edit on 13-7-2012 by Plotus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   
I recall reading this text some time back, a year or two ago.
www.scribd.com...

Another curious thing I am wondering... is there any relationship to 'lay lines' or ancient sites and relics like the pyramids or the anomalies of Stonehenge and the surrounding areas?

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   
I first read about this in 1996 when I first got on the internet. There was talk of an expedition and I have been awaiting results since then. This is the first time I know of that anyone has went to check it out. But when you go to a place called the "valley of death" and you start getting real sick, you leave immediately. Otherwise you risk dying and no one will come for you. Ever.

In the original account some explorers camped under one of these "cauldrons" and they all died from it. Samples were attempted, but it was found to be impossible to cut the metal. So a drill might not have been effective.

I think it is not impossible that Earth is protected. But if it is, one installation in Siberia is not going to cover the world. There would have to be more. At least 3 probably 6 to 8 of them. I have read there is one in New Mexico, but I have not found any kind of confirmation.

But if God brought us (white people) here 150,000 years ago from Kobol or Caprica or whatever then why not install a few stations to protect His people on the planet He created just for us? Why go through all the effort to create a planet, fill it with compatible life, direct us here and then let a random rock wipe us all out? Or a hostile enemy that we were running from? Or even a hostile enemy we could not know about?

We are protected here. Our nuclear sites have been compromised on many occasions by UFOs. They have stopped nuclear war at least once by shutting down Russia's missiles before they could be fired. Why not make a place that could zap incoming evil out of the sky? Why not make several of them?

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by flexy123
I have never heard about this until now, but here is what i found from the few websites about this.

The "objects" were first discovered in the 1930s, which make it VERY plausible to me those are remnants from soviet nuclear tests.

Whether there are actual accounts that people saw those objects BEFORE the 1930s...this is just speculation.

This area in Siberia is (AFAIK!) a place which had been used for atomic and nuclear testing constantly, so no surprise there is junk lying around which is radioactive.

That the "natives" or whoever lives there fabricate fairy tales and myths around the objects is not really surprising either.

No, they were not first discovered in the 1930's but have been known by the local population for centuries, and hunters also used to go inside of these domes and take shelter during rough and could weather, as these cauldrons were always warm and comfortable inside, even when it was isy and snowy outside.

And many people have mentioned these domes, too; for instance in 1853, R. Maak, a noted explorer of the region, wrote:

In Suntar [a Yakut settlement] I was told that in the upper reaches of the Viliuy there is a stream called Algy timirbit (which translates as "the large cauldron sank") flowing into the Viliuy. Close to its bank in the forest there is a gigantic cauldron made of copper. Its size is unknown as only the rim is visible above the ground, but several trees grow within it…

A report of the rumoured legendary activities of these objects, also is attested in a report given by the Dutch Ambassador, Baron de Bij, which I. V. Bogatyrev found in the State Naval Archive of the USSR in 1716;

On 2 (13) April 1716, on the second day after the Easter festival, around 9 in the evening there appeared in a pure, cloudless sky a most brilliant meteor, the gradual development of which is attached hereto. In the northeastern part of the sky there rose first from the horizon a very dense cloud, pointed towards the top and broad at the base. It rose so quickly that in no more than three minutes it reached half the height to the zenith. At the very moment when the dark cloud appeared, in the northwest there appeared a huge shining comet that rose to 12º above the horizon, and then from the north another dark cloud arose, from the west, rapidly rising to the cloud that approached it somewhat slower. Between these two clouds in the northeast a bright light formed in the shape of a column, that for several minutes did not change its position, while the cloud that appeared from the west moved to meet it with exceptional speed and collided with the other cloud with such terrible force that [there was] a broad flame in the sky from their collision and [this] was accompanied by smoke, while the glow extended from the northeast right to the west. The real smoke ascended to 20º above the horizon, while the rays of flame intersected it constantly in all directions, just as if there was a battle taking place between many navies and armies. This prodigy continued for a full quarter of an hour in its most dazzling form and then began to dim little by little and finished with the appearance of a host of bright arrows that reached to 80º above the horizon. The cloud that had appeared in the east dispersed. After it, the other vanished completely, so that by 10 in the evening the sky had again become clear and shone with glistening stars.

So as you can see, they have been known much, much further back than the 1900's.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   
This is such BS I hate TV "expeditions" if they really did find something why didn't they take ten minutes to dig out the side of one of them, or if they didn't have the time to do that take and scrap some filings off the submerged section to take back for sampling. Also they went all that way knowing full well there could possibly be radioactivity from the symptoms of previous accounts, yet they didn't bring a Geiger counter. Plus they spent about 2 min. with a camera starring at a guy in a sleeping bag telling me about how he became ill, how about a little documentation show his pupils dilated, take some video of him taking his temp and showing he has a fever. These TV expeditions are always such a joke we get three minutes of a guy poking a stick at the ground from 30 feet away yelling at the camera "yeah its down there alright , just don't come any closer" and we are supposed to be amazed. I mean they come back with no evidence what so ever and now the things are giant energy turrets capable of shooting down aircraft.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

there in a swamp in the middle of no where, on foot, with no diggers, and half the team got i'll, oh and they are submerged under feet of water...

so how exactly would you 'dig' it up?

Im not saying they are alien by the way, much more likely to be ancient civilization imo... but go on, tell me how a few blokes are going to dig them up?

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Wow. 6 pages and no mention of the "Valleymen"...(bigfoot?)

We picked this apart over a year ago, on weird-reality.org.
I'll try and add the link. Also, was an interesting theory on how Tesla might have been involved with the Tunguska event. Something to do with the Arctic expedition at the time. And, Tesla's attempt to get recognition for his invention. It's an interesting theory..
edit on 7/13/2012 by GoOfYFoOt because: added info

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Here it is...

www.weird-reality.org...

Some very interesting reading, tying several unusual and paranormal fields to a single area and/or event.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
They don't necessarily have to dig it up (at least not on the first "excursion"), but there's so many non-sensical things about this story it makes it hard to believe...kinda like that other story of the expedition that found the circular craft under the ocean..little tidbits of information to pike your curiosity, but nothing of any real substance to backup the claims..

1) They knew they were looking for metallic objects, so why no metal detector?
2) They knew about the reports of people getting sick, with the descriptions sounding very much like radiation sickness, so why no radiation detector?
3) Why no GPS to get exact co-ordinates so when you get proper funding you know where to go back to?
4) Why no digital camera to get close up images of what you found?
5) Why no shovel considering you knew you were heading into a swamp where things have a tendency to sink?
6) Why show a video of a guy standing in a swamp poking it with a stick then declare he was hitting metal with no evidence of what made you come to that conclusion? For all we know he could have been hitting a submerged rock or tree root?
7) If the area was so remote, so hard to get to and so far from everything, why would you even go there in the first place if you didn't expect to find anything? That's like me saying I'm going to Antartica because I don't think there's an entrance to hollow earth and I expect once I get there I'll find absolutely nothing and go home with empty hands, empty wallets and a few days of my life I'll never get back?

If the expedition is actually genuine and they did actually find something then I'll gladly take back my words when they provide proper evidence, but as it stands it adds up to nothing more than an urban legend complete with blair witch style video footage.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by LordGoofus

Here is what appears to be the reason for the expedition, taken from the main site...

"The Objective:

1) To find the Valley of Death in the basin of the Upper Villuy River and mysterious „cauldrons“, structures forget out of an unknown metal which are gradualy sinking into the frozen ground.

2) To explore them or determine their position (coordinates) at least, for next explorers.

Více zde: en.mackerle.cz...

edit on 7/13/2012 by GoOfYFoOt because: removed info

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy06shake
reply to post by buddhasystem

"As I implied, there is absolutely no reason whatsoever to state that this was a Tesla coil. There is no grounds for that. As such, doing so is polluting ATS with empty words."

I find that a rather arrogant, especially considering your screen name. Your not very open minded now are you?

Wait, how on Earth being open minded correlate with making statements with NO substance and NO merit? Check the dictionary.

Take a chill pill mate, as i said i was only speculating. So tell you what, prove to us all now that the object not a giant Tesla coil

I love that! I'll do that after you prove that there is not a single living dinosaur currently resident in the state of New York.

One makes a ridiculous statement with no evidence to support it and then has the chutzpah to require actual evidence that refutes the ridiculous claim. Duh.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Stop bickering, children...

Here is a .pdf of one theory regarding a Tesla connection to the Tunguska event...

home.comcast.net...

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join