It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists Prove Ancient Alien Cauldrons in Siberia are Real

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by MarioOnTheFly
I don't think the expedition was expecting to dig in a swamp. Do you realize what it means ? To dig up something from a swamp ? Something large, metallic and probably heavy, buried who knows how many meters in to the ground. With which tools? A back pack mini shovel ?

with "The team consisted of 3 geologists, 1 astrophysicist, 1 mechanical engineer and 3 research assistants. " ?

Who is gonna do the digging ?

OK then, may I ask: what was the point of going there? From any previous indications, most of the alleged objects were supposed to be buried for the most part. Taking a trip into Siberia w/o any equipment to assist you is just suspect, or stupid, or both.

There is plenty of portable equipment used to drill wells. One of these units would be enormously helpful in at least reaching the surface of the alleged object and maybe taking a sample.

The OP says that they "walked" on top of something metallic, so this clearly means that the amount of digging involved would be minimal of any. Where are the goddamn samples? Where are the photographs of the metallic surface?

The more I read about it, the more bogus it appears.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Res Ipsa

and what would you do...dive down there...in to the murky pond in Siberia...bare naked ? Or you think they got diving equipment ?

Or should they drain the pond...with all the equipment they got. They probably have a few swiss army knives and a camera. They probably traveled light.

Come on guys.....be reasonable. This paranoia is getting out of hand. The intent of the expedition was to find out if there is anything to these legends and old cases.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

Well...if I were them...and knew we were following up a local legend....legends are not always true, so you are going to first have be sure that there anything there to search for. Mounting an expedition with potential to search, dig or whatever means carrying extra equipment, which means more manpower, which means more money...etc. You arent going to drag a bunch of people and equipment to Siberia only to find out it was a load of bull.

But that's just me. Maybe you guys just watched too many Indiana Jones movies....

edit on 12-7-2012 by MarioOnTheFly because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I smell Swamp Gas...

I seem to recall this from years ago, but not unlike the Baltic UGO (Unidentified Gullibility Object) nothing really has become of it, but it makes you want to believe...
edit on 12-7-2012 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
Oh look a hole in the ground...must be aliens.

Why don't these people go join the church of Scientology? They both have the same amount of proof and both love aliens.

edit on 11-7-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

This is a project for moneyed people like Bill Gates or Jimmy Buffet. I think you could build a coffer dam around this like happens when bridges are built and then pump the water out and dig this thing out. If I had millions just sitting in a bank, I would be sufficiently curious to put some money into a project like this. Russia has no shortage of LARGE helicopters that can airlift in heavy equipment and supplies. There are already many Russians who busy themselves with extracting WW2 tanks and airplanes out of swamps so we know they have some experience with this sort of thing.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
My biggest contention is that the first site or even a forethought that this might be a weapon, the Russian government (Just like any government) would be ALL over this place. Ground excavation, heavy equipment and the entire area torn apart until they were for sure either, there was nothing or they had something. If there was something, the only time we'd hear about it is when our aircraft is blown out of the sky and we have no idea why.
edit on 12-7-2012 by Bearack because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Well...if I were them...and knew we were following up a local legend....legends are not always true, so you are going to first have be sure that there anything there to search for. Mounting an expedition with potential to search, dig or whatever means carrying extra equipment, which means more manpower, which means more money...etc. You arent going to drag a bunch of people and equipment to Siberia only to find out it was a load of bull.

You aren't going to drag a bunch of people to Siberia to accomplish... precisely nothing!

They claimed they were walking on top of "something metallic". How hard is it to get a portable drill? It's not a lot of equipment and $40 is not a lot of money. How about metal detectors?

In the end, all they produced is hearsay and nothing that remotely qualifies as evidence.

Yep, I can see a round crater-like object in a few photos. In one video a geologist explains how it could have been produced by natural processes. I'm not saying this was the case at all, by the way, all I'm saying that the "expedition" came back suspiciously empty-handed.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
For the one that want to actually learn about the native legends of this area and about these cauldrons, I recommend the following link with a four-page book, that is full of pretty much all information that the interested person need; www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

The reading is very worthwhile.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by amongus
This is the thing I'll never understand. The scientists are planning another expedition......why? I'll tell you this, if I were there, and knew they were in 2-3 feet of mud, I'd dig. You'd have to pull me off the site, or I'd die of exhaustion trying to find out wtf was down there.

This is such a load of crap.......Seriously...THEY WALKED ON THEM, yet decided to call it a day? This smells like the Baltic UFO (snip) to get money.
edit on 11-7-2012 by amongus because: (no reason given)

...and, why are we looking at drawings and CG instead of photo's and video's of the actual objects? I'm not buying this one either.

There is always the same pattern to these stories. It's always in a remote location so people can't check it out for themselves. There is always a trumped up reason they can't get samples or photo's.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   

so you would drill that...? without knowing what it is?

And...what if it is some kind a weapon? Still drilling?

Why not just carry a stick of dynamite and just blow that thing out of the pond...it would solve the swamp problem.

And it's easier to carry a stick of dynamite than a drill. You might be on to something.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
The efforts and findings of a previous research-team were in fact discussed in the following clip of Ancient Aliens(From the 28-mark);

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   

so you would drill that...? without knowing what it is?

It's called "research". When you find a mineral, you try to determine its composition, density or whatever. They were supposed to be SCIENTISTS, for God's sake. "We walked on something metallic" does not sound scientific. They didn't take any pictures of the object that they say was metallic. Maybe it was volcanic glass or a piece of meteorite, we simply don't know and it seems preposterous that they didn't find ANYTHING about that.

And it's easier to carry a stick of dynamite than a drill. You might be on to something.

Funny thing is, I was thinking about that when writing my previous post.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
If the caldrons did exist, communist Russia and its military would have gone in there to extract the objects. Especially during the cold war where any form of advanced technology could have given Russia the advantage. If they were there, I can only assume they were taken out a long time ago.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by texasgirl

Originally posted by Char-Lee
reply to post by Mythkiller

Sure would be nice if they were part of a meteorite buster complex and blew up the Tunisia one.

There could be ones located on near by planets also and would explain some interesting flashes of light, and meteors and comets like Elenin blowing up.

Ancient Aliens did a segment on this and they mentioned it was possibly used to blow up the meteor one that hit Siberia.

I find the thought interesting because it almost seems we have been blessed by NOT being hit by so many close objects constantly spewing our way!

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Propulsion
If the caldrons did exist, communist Russia and its military would have gone in there to extract the objects. Especially during the cold war where any form of advanced technology could have given Russia the advantage. If they were there, I can only assume they were taken out a long time ago.

Well it would be quit expensive and they were never very wealthy and waging wars is very costly, so maybe not.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Did this expedition take place in first place? Did anyone find anything about this "Michale Visok" guy?

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Why don't these people go join the church of Scientology? They both have the same amount of proof and both love aliens.

Oh I know, there is so many "circumstantial" explanations that lead to the truth, ufology, some of this circumstantial is hard evidence, but still always try to slide in more and more ways to through out the most simple and logical explanation.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Nobody said they were proof of aliens. They only said the metal cauldrons existed.

The legend says they are E.T. not the scientists. The scientists only verified that they do in fact exist. Not that they are indeed E.T.

Comprehension, do you have it?

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

Originally posted by amongus
This is the thing I'll never understand. The scientists are planning another expedition......why? I'll tell you this, if I were there, and knew they were in 2-3 feet of mud, I'd dig. You'd have to pull me off the site, or I'd die of exhaustion trying to find out wtf was down there.

This is such a load of crap.......Seriously...THEY WALKED ON THEM, yet decided to call it a day? This smells like the Baltic UFO (snip) to get money.
edit on 11-7-2012 by amongus because: (no reason given)

100% agreed. Call in reinforcements, send back a couple members of your team to get heavy equipment, run live-streaming video feed to protect the integrity of the investigation and keep the government from covering it up. Do everything you can possibly do to keep from losing such an important find.

What if they leave, and come back, and there is nothing there to find, and locals tell rumors of some MIB with trucks?

STUPID to leave the site behind.

We Neo's post above explained that in the link. Clearly you can't just sit in this wilderness.

We had no geiger counter because our objective was to find "cauldrons" in the main. We did not belive to find any. Overweight (in airplane) of our searching gear (motor parashoote, boat, electric generator etc.) was too large, to take other equipment. We paid whole expedition from our personal savings, we had no sponsors.

picasaweb.google.com...

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem

I don't think the expedition was expecting to dig in a swamp. Do you realize what it means ? To dig up something from a swamp ? Something large, metallic and probably heavy, buried who knows how many meters in to the ground. With which tools? A back pack mini shovel ?

with "The team consisted of 3 geologists, 1 astrophysicist, 1 mechanical engineer and 3 research assistants. " ?

Who is gonna do the digging ?

OK then, may I ask: what was the point of going there? From any previous indications, most of the alleged objects were supposed to be buried for the most part. Taking a trip into Siberia w/o any equipment to assist you is just suspect, or stupid, or both.

There is plenty of portable equipment used to drill wells. One of these units would be enormously helpful in at least reaching the surface of the alleged object and maybe taking a sample.

The OP says that they "walked" on top of something metallic, so this clearly means that the amount of digging involved would be minimal of any. Where are the goddamn samples? Where are the photographs of the metallic surface?

The more I read about it, the more bogus it appears.

Looks like they had to travel by raft to get there, I wonder how many miles in they had to go, and then get out before their supplies were gone.
picasaweb.google.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join