It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Owner charged after dog found 'baked to death' in yard

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kastogere
reply to post by CoolerAbdullah786

The fact that people get bent out of shape over the death of a dog is what concerns me the most.....its a dog. Worry about the numerous starving people in this country, or the homeless humans walking about. Put that much care into those causes and see how fast it goes away.

We don't, instead we care about what kind of dog food little butt licker is gonna enjoy more.

The principal point that you seem to have missed in your responses is:that a dog is the result of thousands of years of domestic conditioning by humans, and as such has evolved in such a way to depend on his human "owner" to do right by him.A dog can't understand why he has not been fed for so long,or why his owner has left him in an uncomfortable situation.In that regard they are true innocents,i.e innocent of the ways of us humans.

And as innocents they deserve nothing less than 100% total unwavering commitment from us when we decide to take a dog,or indeed any animal into our care.

So there are starving,homeless,dispossed humans out there,what has that got to do with the ill treatment of an animal,? that's what this thread is about after all.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   

edit on 11-7-2012 by nake13 because: double post sorry!

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
It's a dog.
It deserves better but I guess we better get the status of animals straight in our society because some people actually think they deserve better than people. I know an animal rights person who HATES people. She takes the stance that if you kill a dog - even accidentally - you should be killed yourself.

For me, I take this stance: I love my dog and I treat him as well as I can afford to. I teach him to behave and I share my home with him. He doesn't eat better than I do and he doesn't have health insurance and neither do I.
When he is sick, I do my best to care for him myself. If he has to go to the vet, I give him the care I can afford, but if it is too expensive I have to put him down. And I will cry like a baby, but he is a dog. People always come first.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by CoolerAbdullah786

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Awesome, dogs have more rights than a human infant. I've seen parents forget and leave their infants in their cars in the heat with rolled up windows and the kids get baked to death and parents get no jailtime. Sad world you live in when a bloody animal has more rights than a human baby.

Oh that's absolute nonsense! Please provide one example of this. I am calling complete b.s. on this statement.

It's not, it happened here in my state a few years ago. The husband put the baby in his wife's car because it was her day to take her to day care, and she forgot it was her day. She went to work and the baby was asleep, about 1-2 pm in the afternoon some pedestrians saw the baby in the backseat with the windows rolled up and the temperature outside got up to 105'F and she busted the window in and called 911. The 6 month old infant died from a heatstroke. The police didn't charge her with anything, they figured she had enough grief. The baby cried until it went comatose and died from the extreme heat. It gets pretty damn hot here in summer, not uncommon to see it reach 110'F in summertime, sometimes hotter.

Hearing that story on the news actually made me cry, it was a tragedy.
edit on 11-7-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Still waiting on a news story or something backing up your claim.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Still waiting on a news story or something backing up your claim.

Damn, do i have to do all your work for you? Fine.

nwahomepage.com...

www.courier-journal.com...

Second one was the one i was talking about, he was 8 months old and it was the father who forgot about him. We see this crap every year. This is the dangers of living in a faced paced society, too many people on auto pilot.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   
He's lost his dog, so we take his freedom?

Losing your beloved companion out of ignorance is punishment well served alone.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
This is very very sad indeed, especially if you are a dog owner yourself and you have been able to communicate or understand your own pet to a certain degree.

You don't feel anything because you're not a dog owner. Nor have you ever even thought about what goes on in the Dog's head.

Imagine the last few moments of the Dog that's baked to death in the car.

You know what it could have been thinking when the poor thing slowly faded away?

"Where is my Master?"

"It is really hot in here, cannot breathe. I am hurting so much, please take me home!"

"Is anyone going to come for me? Where is my family?"

You don't think Dog's has the ability to "think" like we do? You are very wrong.

Speaking from experience, Dogs are extremely intelligent. In fact, I can almost guarantee that my 2 year old Golden has the IQ of at least a 2 or 3 year old child.

She has her happy days and her sad days, then there are those days where she gets angry at me for not letting her play with her toy ball.

Dogs can get depression, ever wonder why? Because they have the ability to THINK AND FEEL!!!

The owner who baked the dog to death will one day realize his sins, it's not just a Dog, it's a life lost due to his very own negligence.

I also do agree with a previous poster who mentioned penalty in a hot box. I totally agree with that. They should put the bastard in a tin hot box, directly under the sun, in a mid west Summer heat of 110C+ and cook the sonmema bitch so he can feel what the dog felt.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Do all my work for me?! You are the one who made the claim. So please tell me how you backing up your claim is you doing my work for me.

Also neither of those articles say that no charges were pressed. Both say that at that time no charges were filed because the investigation was still on-going!

So you're claim has still not been substantiated. I'll be waiting.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by BadBoYeed
terrible. people suck

my dog bo used to love the 100 degree heat. he would lay out in the direct sun until his fur was so hot it would hurt my hand to touch!!!

(the backdoor to the house was wide open and he could come in at anytime)

I know, except that my dogs are the opposite. It'll 20 below and I can't get them in the house; but if it hits 85 degrees + they are camped out in the living room (like right now). Oh well. We leave an old horse trough out there and for them to drink out of and play in the water, and they have shade trees. They would rather be inside when it is hot though. I can't really blame them, although I will never understand the play-time-inna-blizzard thing. Maybe different breeds have different preferences.

Either way, I think the punishment as outlined is appropriate. I hope they don't give the guy a slap on the wrist, but I don't think it should be any more harsh than what is currently outlined.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   
i love my cane corso and my dogue de bordeaux,great pals they are.
edit on 12-7-2012 by yyzyyz123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Awesome, dogs have more rights than a human infant. I've seen parents forget and leave their infants in their cars in the heat with rolled up windows and the kids get baked to death and parents get no jailtime. Sad world you live in when a bloody animal has more rights than a human baby.

Oh that's absolute nonsense! Please provide one example of this. I am calling complete b.s. on this statement.

yes,this happened in montreal as well,the dad was working 2 jobs,and when he went to work,he thought that it was his wifes turn to take the child to daycare.he forgot that the baby was in the back seat and it died.no charges were ever laid upon the man,and i can not imagine wanting to bring him to "justice",you should have seen the look on his face,it was chilling.i am sure that he would of rather died in stead.
It's not, it happened here in my state a few years ago. The husband put the baby in his wife's car because it was her day to take her to day care, and she forgot it was her day. She went to work and the baby was asleep, about 1-2 pm in the afternoon some pedestrians saw the baby in the backseat with the windows rolled up and the temperature outside got up to 105'F and she busted the window in and called 911. The 6 month old infant died from a heatstroke. The police didn't charge her with anything, they figured she had enough grief. The baby cried until it went comatose and died from the extreme heat. It gets pretty damn hot here in summer, not uncommon to see it reach 110'F in summertime, sometimes hotter.

Hearing that story on the news actually made me cry, it was a tragedy.
edit on 11-7-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by yyzyyz123

I can't stand hearing those stories, i'm a softy. It breaks my heart, i was a dad for a little while and i can understand how a person would feel. That would be something that would make a person want to commit suicide.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Not sure if this had already been posted here but here's a great quote from Ghandi regarding how we treat animals:

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated”

There's is no excuse for the mistreatment of any animal, for any reason.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by nake13

No, I havent missed that point at all, you just dont understand that it carries no relevance to me. It is a genetic flaw in man then. When in reality it just further proves my point.

Mankind is the alpha male at the moment. The dominant species....dogs are a lesser life form therefore controled by man. This is not my argument.

My argument is that if the dog is just there to provide comfort rather than actually having a use physically, it is useless and should not be under the heel of man.

Geez, how many ways do i have to put it? Next time I'll draw up some visual aids with crayon. I've said the exact same thing in like 5 different posts.....

Its a dog, its not a person. Its a shame it died...I'll cry later. Dogs should not be held on the same level as people. And again the moral argument holds no water because everyones morals and standards are different. This is the very reason mans laws are flawed.

And some are more self righteous than others.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by MeesterB
What's the point of making him serve jail time? Why not just heap on some community service and make him do good things for people?

I get that it's not good to abuse animals, but it's still just an animal. It's not like the dogs family will feel safe having the guy locked up or feel any sense of justice.

Please....

humans are "just animals" as well you know.... and until we admit that we are no better than all other living things on this planet our problems will continue.... in fact, we are far worse than all other living things..as we are the only species that does not live in symbiosis with it's environment... you can thank totaliterean agriculture for that...

PA
edit on 12-7-2012 by PerfectAnomoly because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Kastogere

Your comments sicken me..... you are not a nice person....

"Just a dog".....

Are you really that ignorant that you assume human life is worth more than all other life on the planet....

Only in our own selfish eyes is this the case.....

It is this problem that has bought us to the position we now find ourselves.....

Think of it this way... at some point... they were "just women", and not afforded the same rights as man.... at some point they were "Just 'n-word's" and not awarded the same rights as all other men.... see where I'm going.....

One day humans will realise, we are not the rulers and owners of this planet.... symbiosis is the ONLY way to survive... funny, all the other animals seem to get this simplepoint.... except humans... and yet we are the itteligent one's?

PA

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by PerfectAnomoly
reply to post by Kastogere

Your comments sicken me..... you are not a nice person....

"Just a dog".....

Are you really that ignorant that you assume human life is worth more than all other life on the planet....

Only in our own selfish eyes is this the case.....

It is this problem that has bought us to the position we now find ourselves.....

Think of it this way... at some point... they were "just women", and not afforded the same rights as man.... at some point they were "Just 'n-word's" and not awarded the same rights as all other men.... see where I'm going.....

One day humans will realise, we are not the rulers and owners of this planet.... symbiosis is the ONLY way to survive... funny, all the other animals seem to get this simplepoint.... except humans... and yet we are the itteligent one's?

PA

Um, ok....look I never said I was a nice person, and granted Im a little selfish, but if I have a choice of saving a human or a dog but not both at the same time....human comes first.

If thinking a tree is beneath me makes me selfish then so be it.....because it is. I am fully aware that other things live on this planet and dont misunderstand my position. I am not for wasting life needlessly. Yet I do not hold the same value over all living things when it comes to humans in the same regard.

It is just a dog....and well cooked I might add.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Animal's defenseless, do the same to the owner that he did to the dog, tie him up in the back yard with no food or water for a day or two...

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Sometimes stories like this scare me. Let me explain and then I too can be flamed.

Whenever I get the chance I take my Great Dane out to the country side so he can run and play in the open on my family farm, great times. Sometimes when I am driving back home I have to stop and get gas and I am faced with a problem. I have to get gas, but under current laws I can't leave my dog in the car even with the AC going while I go in to pay, nor can I take him inside with me. I don't see the problem with leaving him in the car for less than 1-2 minutes while I pay for gas I even leave one window rolled down AND the AC going full so he can stick his head out and watch me and I can keep a line of sight on him as well - I have had to this maybe 3 times total in the past year, but where I live everyone is usually surrounding my car when I return petting him and asking what he is (lol) I guess giant dogs are a rare sight to a lot of people. I would prefer to just always be topped off on gas, and not have the problem, but it's a long drive and I have to watch my cash. Or be able to take him in with me if such laws are in place. Any thoughts/suggestions?

Also to add, if it's a big line inside I will wait in the car with him until the line shortens so I can make a quick return. What is the proper procedure in my case? What would you do?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join