It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Owner charged after dog found 'baked to death' in yard

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by TechVampyre

Originally posted by MeesterB
What's the point of making him serve jail time? Why not just heap on some community service and make him do good things for people?

I get that it's not good to abuse animals, but it's still just an animal. It's not like the dogs family will feel safe having the guy locked up or feel any sense of justice.

But still it's the point.. A example needs to be set. So that way people think twice before taking on the response ability of a pet they clearly can't handle, or want.. These kinds of things happen far to often..

You guys sound like good Rockefellers and Annanuki's in training.

The heat spell is a deliberate act as is all their nukes/haarp and ruined earth strategy. Its murder by the bloodlines.

You have no idea what occurred, but I will tell you this unless someone is a psychopathic murderer or rapist there should be no jail at all. I don't even believe in community services unless it can be proved he deliberately did this, and it was NOT do to feebleness, overtiredness, sickness, or any number of things.

I don't like the bloodlines, but see the programming.

Forgive, and pray, and hold light around him.
edit on 10-7-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Evolve opposable thumbs?

So you're saying this dog should have had shelter.

And what are you doing about people facing homelessness, considering how people are much better than sparrows?

How many people died in Europe a few years back when they had a massive heatwave?

About 35,000 people.

Of those people that died from that heatwave, how many were dog owners.

edit on 7/10/2012 by Turq1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Turq1

Already addressed this false dichotomy argument twice on this thread.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   

What's the point of making him serve jail time? Why not just heap on some community service and make him do good things for people?

I get that it's not good to abuse animals, but it's still just an animal. It's not like the dogs family will feel safe having the guy locked up or feel any sense of justice.

Yeah and then the next tosser that decides to neglect their pets will think "Oh I'll just get a little bit of community service!" and not care about their pet.

Deterrent.

I'd say a large fine and make it illegal to ever own another pet again.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Numbers33four

Gee you're funny. No wonder you think bath salts cause zombies.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Kastogere

You're the sort of person that gets me warnings on this website.

I really wish they'd bring back the god damned ignore button.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by CoolerAbdullah786

Aren't you contradicting yourself? Animals do serve a purpose. And one of those purposes is companionship. Why does someone need a dating site, or a significant other, for companionship? What if someone couldn't find a significant other? What's wrong with having an animal or animals for companionship?

lol. If you want to marry your dog over a person, that's fine and dandy, but don't expect your lifestyle and/or fetish to translate over to the "real world".

You do know there was a biblical reference made in my post, or was that not caught?

If not, I'm not impressed. Atheist, religious, whatever. It should have been addressed. And since it wasn't, you obviously don't understand my post to reply to it.

If my dog is ever hungry, I'll feed you to him. If that suffices you, so be it.
edit on 7/10/2012 by Turq1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by mainidh

Oh how I wish there was an ignore/block option like on FB.

And I agree with you. A person caught abusing/neglecting an animal should never be allowed to own another animal ever again. Sort of like pet probation or something.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   

I was avoiding this topic because just the title made me depressed, I wouldn't even leave my dogs out for but a few minutes in this heat,
so sad

I lost one of my dogs last year, every time I look out in the back yard I sometimes cry, how she loved to chase the birds.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

files.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 123131p://bWednesday2012 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by CoolerAbdullah786
Just because someone cares about the TORTURE of a dog does not mean they don't care about what happens to human beings in this country. It's not a case of either/or. You can care about both and many people do. Your argument is a false dichotomy.

A dog dies and a human should be jailed, and you eat a hamburger and get to star on the Biggest Loser.

Fitting.

edit on 7/11/2012 by Turq1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Sorry for your loss. Your dog was an absolutely beautiful dog!

My wife's dog died 2 years ago this summer. She had that dog since it was like 2 years old. She loved him deeply, so I know how you must feel. She still gets bummed about her dog dying.

Me, I'm more of a cat person. I currently have two cats, but I know I'd be devastated in the same way if something happened to Darko or Mr. Mumbles.
edit on 11-7-2012 by CoolerAbdullah786 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   

It's just an animal huh? Reading comments like yours make my blood boil.

I'd like you to ask the thousands of K9 unit trainers if their partner is just an "animal".
Or the millions of blind persons, who are now able to get around if their seeing eyes is just an "animal".
Or what about the people in hospices who sometimes only get visits from therapy dogs, because their human family doesn't care anymore....ask them if those dogs are just an "animal".

People like you are the reason many dogs suffer horrible deaths like this.

edit on 7/11/2012 by muse7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by CoolerAbdullah786
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Sorry for your loss. My wife's dog died 2 years ago this summer. She had that dog since it was like 2 years old. She loved him deeply, so I know how you must feel. She still gets bummed about her dog dying.

Thank you

Yes it usually hits me in the morning, I wake up think about her, we got a puppy last fall, but you know they all have their own distinct personalities, I like to say the puppy is Sydney reincarnated, she does so many things that remind me if Syd. and seems like an old soul dog.
lolo

When we first got her she would lay at Sydney's grave, it was weird, and she wouldn't go near Sydney's dog bowl, which I still have.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by muse7

I'd like you to ask the thousands of K9 unit trainers if their partner is just an "animal".
Or the millions of blind persons, who are now able to get around if their seeing eyes is just an "animal".
Or what about the people in hospices who sometimes only get visits from therapy dogs, because their human family doesn't care anymore....ask them if those dogs are just an "animal".

I don't understand why people take such offense to that post, but I'm not surprised.
All of those touching dog examples are only true because of what humans think about the dogs/how they use them. That's nothing that is intrinsically in the dog since you need people for those examples to work.

I'm not for animals suffering, but thanks for the accusations. I think this man should suffer repercussions, but they should be appropriate and not the horrible death that some here want.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 01:35 AM
link   

you know it is easy to sit behind your safe little screens and say that a person should be locked in jail but have any of you actually been? i say just put a really massive fine that'll take him the rest of his life to pay

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by greatbigpj

you know it is easy to sit behind your safe little screens and say that a person should be locked in jail but have any of you actually been? i say just put a really massive fine that'll take him the rest of his life to pay

You know why it's easy for us to say this man should be locked in jail?

Because this man's irresponsibility took the life of a living being, this man left a dog outside in extreme conditions and the dog died as a result.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by muse7

I don't understand why people take such offense to that post, but I'm not surprised.
All of those touching dog examples are only true because of what humans think about the dogs/how they use them. That's nothing that is intrinsically in the dog since you need people for those examples to work.

I'm not for animals suffering, but thanks for the accusations. I think this man should suffer repercussions, but they should be appropriate and not the horrible death that some here want.

While I do agree with you that this man does not deserve the death penalty, I do think he needs to serve jail time.

But really, the "it's just a dog" mentality does lead to these types of things happening.

"It's just a dog! so I'm going to just leave it outside tied to a tree in 115 degree weather."

Hey guess what? You're just an animal too!

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Very stupid indeed. Is this the type of things this sub forum talks about?

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 02:58 AM
link   
reply to post by mainidh

Glad I could be of service....which is about as silly as getting in a twist about animals that bake to death.

Dogs are not humans...stop treating them as such and holding them in the same light.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 03:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Kastogere

It would be silly to treat a dog like a human...they don't even speak our languages!

But I think any person that owns a dog should be held accountable and face serious consequences if their dog ever dies as a result of their irresponsibility.

Or do you still think that's too harsh?

Also it would serve you well if you got off your high horse...after all we're just animals too.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join