It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Owner charged after dog found 'baked to death' in yard

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 04:19 AM
link   
reply to post by muse7

Exactly my point, we are animals, the more dominate ones on the planet. Dogs have their place beneath our feet...as do horses. And owning a pet "again" is nothing more than the alpha dominate gene being displayed in the human animal.

dogs do have a purpose, when used as tools to further our progression. and when one is abused, perhaps thats a waste. Maybe it isn't. yes he should be punished, but he does not control the weather, and there is no way for us to know specifics of why the dog was outsdie in the first place.

Still, its a dog, not a person. We put value into everything now and days because we're so over sensitive we don't want to offend anyone and everything to include rocks apparently has a place at the same keel of humanity.

It doesn't, and I don't really care if anyone is offended.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 04:34 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kastogere

Originally posted by benrl
reply to post by MeesterB

What's the point of making him serve jail time? Why not just heap on some community service and make him do good things for people? I get that it's not good to abuse animals, but it's still just an animal. It's not like the dogs family will feel safe having the guy locked up or feel any sense of justice.

You sound like someone I met once.

I was in a mall parking lot and I saw a dog locked in a wagon in 98 degree heat with the windows up, it was lying on its side and not moving, barely breathing.

I picked up a rock and broke the window, got the dog water in time before it died.

When the owner came he read me the riot act how it was just an animal.

I pulled some twenties out of my wallet and threw it in his face and walked away.

its a living animal, it deserves not to be tortured because some idiot forgot about it.

Granted, it deserves not to be tortured....but its only an animal. Before dogs were a cuddly pet that people used to carry their insecurities with, they were tools, even food. They were used with as little emotional attachment as possible....and then humans started to get touchy feely and decided to give that dog a name-o.

Its an animal, it serves a purpose....if you want companionship, try E-Harmony, or they have life like love dolls for that kinda thing.

Why you pulled bunch of # out of your ass there.
Humans have always had emotions we didn't just suddenly start treating dogs nice.
Humans have been affectionate towards to dogs for a long time. You think an explorer didn't care for sled dogs?
or how about back when dogs were just getting domesticated and used for guard dogs protecting farmers animals. They were practically one of the family.

The way you seem to view human emotion as something that developed is quite unbelievable to me.

I mean dogs have been breed and domesticated for 30 000 years(infact dna evidence suggest that dogs split from wolves up to a 100 000 years ago!) "mans best friend" is a #ing accurate statement if i ever heard one.
There earliest roles was guarding camps of our ancestors. We gave them food and took care of them.
And its evolved from there. What a great symbiotic relationship.
I think with all the history and benefits we have gotten from this relationship earns them a better status then "just a animal"
Wouldn't you agree?

Early roles Wolves, and their dog descendants, would have derived significant benefits from living in human camps—more safety, more reliable food, lesser caloric needs, and more chance to breed.[45]

They would have benefited from humans’ upright gait that gives them larger range over which to see potential predators and prey, as well as color vision that, at least by day, gives humans better visual discrimination.[45]

Camp dogs would also have benefitted from human tool use, as in bringing down larger prey and controlling fire for a range of purposes.[45]
Humans would also have derived enormous benefit from the dogs associated with their camps.[46]
For instance, dogs would have improved sanitation by cleaning up food scraps.[46]
Dogs may have provided warmth, as referred to in the Australian Aboriginal expression “three dog night” (an exceptionally cold night), and they would have alerted the camp to the presence of predators or strangers, using their acute hearing to provide an early warning.[46]
Anthropologists believe the most significant benefit would have been the use of dogs' sensitive sense of smell to assist with the hunt.[46]
The relationship between the presence of a dog and success in the hunt is often mentioned as a primary reason for the domestication of the wolf, and a 2004 study of hunter groups with and without a dog gives quantitative support to the hypothesis that the benefits of cooperative hunting was an important factor in wolf domestication.[47]
The cohabitation of dogs and humans would have greatly improved the chances of survival for early human groups, and the domestication of dogs may have been one of the key forces that led to human success.[48]

edit on 11-7-2012 by Bixxi3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by benrl
reply to post by MeesterB

What's the point of making him serve jail time? Why not just heap on some community service and make him do good things for people? I get that it's not good to abuse animals, but it's still just an animal. It's not like the dogs family will feel safe having the guy locked up or feel any sense of justice.

You sound like someone I met once.

I was in a mall parking lot and I saw a dog locked in a wagon in 98 degree heat with the windows up, it was lying on its side and not moving, barely breathing.

I picked up a rock and broke the window, got the dog water in time before it died.

When the owner came he read me the riot act how it was just an animal.

I pulled some twenties out of my wallet and threw it in his face and walked away.

its a living animal, it deserves not to be tortured because some idiot forgot about it.

It was just as well you were there to help the dog,sad that the "owner" would place greater value on a piece of glass than on a living sentient creature,some peoples attitude towards animals really astounds at times.
If it had been me who broke the glass,it wouldn't have been twenties thrown in the owner's face.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by CoolerAbdullah786

Awesome, dogs have more rights than a human infant. I've seen parents forget and leave their infants in their cars in the heat with rolled up windows and the kids get baked to death and parents get no jailtime. Sad world you live in when a bloody animal has more rights than a human baby.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Care to back up your claims?
because you know thats not true
also if you read the article you would see that the most hewill get is 90 days.
I think the penalty is a little bit higher if it was a baby...

edit on 11-7-2012 by Bixxi3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Isn't it the dogs own fault? I always thought that dogs are sooooooo "intelligent" (because all dog owners always go ape# how the fabulous things they can do), so what was up with that mutt? Baked to death? Why didn't it started to look for some shelter or some shade? I mean if animals down in Africa can manage to not get 'baked', than a dog should be able to manage that too.

As for the reactions:
"Animal Cruelty"...my god, we have so many problems on that planet that need to be fixed, people dying in the heat, people starve in other countries, there's war everywhere, we get poisoned by chemical food, countries go bankrupt, people riot....yet, some stupid dog who dies get national attention and people moan and groan about that 'poor thing' and wish the owner to hell

What's the big deal? Dogs get produced in large quantities to be sold. One dies...it's not much different to someone dropping a plate and buying a replacement.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Bixxi3

Im simply stating that I dont hold lower life forms in such high regard....I dont even hold the general public in high regard...so what makes you think an animal would be special?

Emotional attachment to such things is nothing more than a clear indicator of a larger problem as most are prevelant in society, under the radar of course. You can tell alot about a person by what kind of dog they own, just like you can tell what kind of man someone is by the shoes they wear.

We wear our insecurities on our sleeves so to speak, and unless that dog is being utilized as a tool to further your existence....the dog is useless and has no reason to exist under the thumb of man for the petty purpose of emotional support.

If you need emotional support seek therapy like most other weak minded people do. Then again Im special that way I guess, I have no need for petty emotional attachments and could care less about any implied consequence.

Do your emotions rule you? Or do you rule your emotions?

So no, I do not agree, again i think its silly. And no one seemed to be able to answer my question.

If an alien life from who is more evolved comes down out of the clouds and decides to use you as a pet for emotional attachment with leash in hand....would you want to live like that? Just because I don't view dogs on the same level as man, does not mean I wish them harm. yet i do not believe owning one for reasons other than a practical use should be necessary.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by muse7

Yeah, just because I've never been to prison doesn't mean that I can't think that some people shouldn't. I do believe in reform of the judicial and prison systems, but that doesn't mean I think they should be done away with completely.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Awesome, dogs have more rights than a human infant. I've seen parents forget and leave their infants in their cars in the heat with rolled up windows and the kids get baked to death and parents get no jailtime. Sad world you live in when a bloody animal has more rights than a human baby.

Oh that's absolute nonsense! Please provide one example of this. I am calling complete b.s. on this statement.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowAngel85
Isn't it the dogs own fault? I always thought that dogs are sooooooo "intelligent" (because all dog owners always go ape# how the fabulous things they can do), so what was up with that mutt? Baked to death? Why didn't it started to look for some shelter or some shade? I mean if animals down in Africa can manage to not get 'baked', than a dog should be able to manage that too.

You've got to be joking, so I'm just going to assume that you are.

As for the reactions:
"Animal Cruelty"...my god, we have so many problems on that planet that need to be fixed, people dying in the heat, people starve in other countries, there's war everywhere, we get poisoned by chemical food, countries go bankrupt, people riot....yet, some stupid dog who dies get national attention and people moan and groan about that 'poor thing' and wish the owner to hell

As I've addressed on this thread ad nauseum, caring about one doesn't mean you ignore the others. It is possible to care about more than one problem. I can care about homelessness, war, poverty, etc. and animal abuse.

What's the big deal? Dogs get produced in large quantities to be sold. One dies...it's not much different to someone dropping a plate and buying a replacement.

Yeah. You're trolling. A plate doesn't have feelings and emotions. So it is very different. No more feeding the trolls

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Kastogere

You're still going at this. You've already admitted to taking the opposing stance just to get the thread moving. That's trolling. That's a violation of T&C. Why don't you go find a new thread that you can actually contribute to and give this one a rest?

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Any animal doesn't deserve that, and sadly alot of people don't seem to care. This guy needs more than 90days behind bars. How about murder charge? After all he did kill a living thing(I'm sure animal lovers would understand my thought of this).
An animal is the most pure thing on this earth...bottom line. Some people just shouldn't have animals, they are unfit "animal parents" It is simple, if you wouldn't leave your kid out in the heat for x amount of hours why do it to your animal? But again at the same time people do leave their children outside or in hot vehicles!
In the heat my pooch gets enough time to do her business and that is it. In the days when it is really hot they stay home and no car ride/walks for them, instead we play with the sprinkler or they jump in the doggy pool I have for them.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   
His 90 days should be spent at an animal shelter picking up poo and cleaning up after the same type of animals he left out to die in the heat. I would hope after 90 days of being around all those loving animals he would see them with a different set of eyes.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Pit bull left on a chain
Somehow I don't think the owner is a stranger to jail.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   

I never said I didnt believe in what I was saying in general. You assumed, and if you had read the post in its entirety you would have noticed what was said at the bottom of that post.

The original stance still stands however regardless of what the motives for my posting are.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

That has to be the best thing i've ever read on here. Good job! Haha

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

That has to be the best thing i've ever read on here. Good job! Haha

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
He should fight the charges and say he was planning to eat it.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   

I see what you are saying but that was not my point. I did see the argument you had earlier addressed but that poster was talking about things unrelated to this heatwave. I am talking about people that have been killed by the very same heatwave that killed this dog. Completely unrelated to what you said to that other poster.

Firstly, I never claimed that no one cared. In fact, I never said that. I used a figure of speech to describe my estimate of the situation. The situation is that society seems to care more about an animal than humans. This heatwave has been ongoing for some time. Local city and county governments could have taken steps to insure the safety of their residents. I don't see that happening. However, the counties have animal control officers roaming the areas looking for people that "abuse" an animal by simply leaving it outside. That is what I find pathetic. People are dying in their homes and counties do not provide any kind of aid to humans. It could be easily done. Open up some public buildings that have air conditioning and send out some public transportation to get people there.....people that do not have the necessary tools to survive sweltering heat.

Instead, county officials are out and about to make sure Fido is A-O.K. That is the problem. People bringing attention to a non-issue such as this instead of addressing the real problem: Making sure people and animals can survive the abnormal heat. Once again the local officials have failed. The dog might still be alive if local officials had provided relief from the heatwave. Instead, they wait until the worst happens and will now sit back and collect revenue from the aftermath of their own negligence. If anyone should go to jail....it should be the officials that failed the owner and his dog.

Sadly, no one see this and instead would like to lynch the owner of the dog. At least, that is the impression I get from the great majority of the replies I have read. Like I said before....pathetic.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join