It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Owner charged after dog found 'baked to death' in yard

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
what a sick bastard

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
How do we know that animals lower than Dogs (Fish, Birds, Spiders) don't have feelings? If killing a dog is "cruel", how is it that catching a fish, or shooting a duck isn't cruel and also deserves jail time and/or a fine? (or is it a tax?)
-cwm

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by carewemust

Well I don't hunt or fish but what you are arguing is a total false equivalence. Leaving a dog outside to bake in the sun for hours with no shade or water to the point that it dies is not the same as shooting and killing a duck while duck hunting.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by CoolerAbdullah786

Well I don't hunt or fish but what you are arguing is a total false equivalence. Leaving a dog outside to bake in the sun for hours with no shade or water to the point that it dies is not the same as shooting and killing a duck while duck hunting.

I suppose pain followed by death is OK as long as the pain that precedes
death is quick? If that's your point of view, CoolerAbdullah, you're entitled
to it of course. Peace, -cwm

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   

All I am saying, all I did say, was that comparing leaving a dog to bake in the heat with no shade or water is not the same as shooting a duck and killing it is a false equivalence.

It's a pretty easy concept to comprehend.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   
As a small kid, I caught a lot of crawdads and put them in a kiddie pool, came back a few hours later and the water had all evaporated and cooked them all - I still feel bad about to this day

Point being, sometimes people make mistakes - I don't think he deserves jail time or fines, he already lost his k9 companion. He should be barred from having another dog though, some people just don't understand the responsibility required.
edit on 12-7-2012 by Thescripter because: incomplete post

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join