It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Owner charged after dog found 'baked to death' in yard

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Kastogere

You're really going to try and use the "owning animals is slavery"-type argument? Personally I don't own any dogs and when I did I didn't attach them to a leash. Nor did I leave them outside in 100 degree weather.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by CoolerAbdullah786

Originally posted by Kastogere
this is why the laws of mans society doesn't work. This is why we still read stories about rover turning into a well done brisket.

I'm sorry but this makes no sense to me. Because people occassionally abuse their animals, human society doesn't work? I fail to see the connection. Seems like you are just using this as an excuse to promote anarchy, for which I think there would be more valid arguments than a man leaving his dog out in the sun.

If mankind was truly civil sir, we would not need laws, prisons, police, armies, courts......if mankind were truly civil. This is my point....we are animals controlling other animals. The excuse that they offer something in the way of emotional fulfillment is a cop out.

It is nothing more than the alpha male in humans that leads to this want and desire to control lesser animals for the purpose of what have you. Thats why they have donkey shows in Tijuana.

At the very least a dog should not be used as a tool to provide comfort to those who have emotional insecurity problems to the point where they have to treat a lesser evolved animal as a equal in the realm of human children. This disgusts me and is very telling in the strength of the mental fortitude of the individual doing it.

Its ok to have a pet, as long as that pet knows its place as a tool for work. It is not ok to make rover part of the family and put him in sweaters and share a beer with him because he's so cute when he licks his butt.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   

IN one moment you spout how dogs are not humans.

The next you spout how humans are just animals and all animals die.

and now...

Its ok to have a pet, as long as that pet knows its place as a tool for work. It is not ok to make rover part of the family and put him in sweaters and share a beer with him because he's so cute when he licks his butt.

There is a vast difference between respect for life, and treating a dog like a human...

Obvious troll is obvious.

Just keep coming up with counter points that contradict your original argument.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by CoolerAbdullah786

The fact that people get bent out of shape over the death of a dog is what concerns me the most.....its a dog. Worry about the numerous starving people in this country, or the homeless humans walking about. Put that much care into those causes and see how fast it goes away.

We don't, instead we care about what kind of dog food little butt licker is gonna enjoy more.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by CoolerAbdullah786

Originally posted by sirhumperdink

why is everybody assuming this was neglect
the dog could have had water the house may not have had air conditioning and the owner may have been at work and not even known the dog was over heating

it was a hot day and we dont know if the owner even had the opportunity to help the dog

if it was neglect hang em high but the story gives almost no information regarding the circumstances

But that is neglect. If he left the dog outside in 100 degree weather, alone, while he was at work or whatever then he did neglect the dog. Common sense would say that he should know the dog was overheating. Everyone knows you don't leave animals outside in the sun in 100 degree weather. I live around where this happened. The day this happened was a horrendous heat wave!

He clearly neglected his animal.

and my point was not everybody has air conditioning what do you do then? as long as the dog had cover from the sun and water it should have been ok

the video hadnt loaded for me
in the video they show the dog chained up with no cover and apparently no water (that is what caused the problem... not simply the temperature)

and i dont even have a dog but dont you dare tell me its neglect if the dog wasnt chained and had water and shelter

what is wrong with you
most animals LIVE OUTSIDE its their natural habitat and up until very recently there wasnt much humans could do about the temperature in our environment
why would it be assumed a temperature of 100 is just going to kill everything or even cause major problems
edit on 10-7-2012 by sirhumperdink because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Ha! So it's okay to use an animal for sort of work but it's not okay to have an animal to sit on your lap and pet or sleep at the foot of your bed at night? One, the more strenuous, is ok, but the other is not? Oooooo-kay.

As I said that's a complete contradiction. But, hey, whatever. Clearly your mind won't be changed on this subject.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Careful, I am of a different mind. I don't care if humans live, what makes you think I care about dogs?

Im not trolling, but a thread with everyone agreeing on the subject matter means that the thread is unnecessary.

And to what exact contradiction do you speak of? Im afraid Im very black and white with my words so you may have misunderstood intent.

And just so we're clear....most other animals get my respect before most humans do.

link   

The fact that people get bent out of shape over the death of a dog is what concerns me the most.....its a dog. Worry about the numerous starving people in this country, or the homeless humans walking about. Put that much care into those causes and see how fast it goes away.

See, I've seen this kind of flawed argument before. Just because someone cares about the TORTURE of a dog does not mean they don't care about what happens to human beings in this country. It's not a case of either/or. You can care about both and many people do. Your argument is a false dichotomy.

link   
Careless stupid human

so sad

With the heat we have so many poor animal will die
especially if they are chained in the sun with no where to go

That is another sign that we are in the End of Times
this idiot not caring enought for his dog when all heat record have been broken

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by sirhumperdink

Don't I dare to tell you? Excuse me? I'll tell you what I please. Where was the animal going to go to get out of the heat? Clearly the animal was neglected or they wouldn't be charging him with neglect. I'm sure they would have looked into whether he was chained up or not and whether he had shade, water, etc.

You are getting way too bent outta shape. So if this is how you are going to react on this thread, excuse me I'll just ignore you. Tell me don't I dare tell you something. Pfft.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by KastogereIm not trolling, but a thread with everyone agreeing on the subject matter means that the thread is unnecessary.

I think you are trolling. You are basically saying that since we all agree on this point, the post is unnecessary, so you have to come in disagreeing (even to the point of contradiction) with us. That's trolling.

You even contradict yourself in one comment. First you say:

Careful, I am of a different mind. I don't care if humans live, what makes you think I care about dogs?

Then you say:

And just so we're clear....most other animals get my respect before most humans do.

edit on 10-7-2012 by CoolerAbdullah786 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   

This story is pretty vague. The article did not go into any kind of detail and neither did the police. I'll reserve my judgment until after the trial. Hell, this does not sound like animal abuse. Negligence.....maybe.

What I find disturbing is this: Scores of people have died in this heatwave. Deaths that most likely could have been prevented with a tiny bit of foresight and planning. Yet, no one bats an eye at these human deaths but one 7 month old dog dying from heatstroke causes an uproar. Pathetic in my opinion.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by My_Reality

What I find disturbing is this: Scores of people have died in this heatwave. Deaths that most likely could have been prevented with a tiny bit of foresight and planning. Yet, no one bats an eye at these human deaths but one 7 month old dog dying from heatstroke causes an uproar. Pathetic in my opinion.

That's not true at all. I already addressed this argument, but you may have missed it. Just because someone brings up what happened to this dog doesn't mean that we don't care about what has happened to people. Maybe SOME people don't but not everyone. You claim that "no one" cares about the human deaths as a result of this heatwave. I reject that claim 100%. Caring about one and bringing attention to it does not mean you don't care or ignore the other one.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   
I'm against abusing animals, obviously.

I just don't see the point of giving him jail time when you can make him pick up trash or something productive. Doesn't matter because he may not even have to serve jail time.

Make him go to his room without dinner or make him do work. Which sounds like a better punishment?

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   

90 days in jail? Big deal

Hope this moron rots in the bowels of hell.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   

I don't care if humans live,

Well than I guess we are of the same mind here.

Ive known humans not worth the breath, and Ive known dogs who where worth more than than said humans.

For one, in one breath you say they serve a purpose.

And That purpose was breed into them by man, most "working" dogs, followed their humans through out the day, and the emotional attachment was there as it is now. Given it may of been a stricter relationship, but that is the very reason dogs to this day get "anxity" over people leaving them at home all day by them selves.

They where breed for the very purpose of Assisting us in such a day to day function that all those "cliches" you rallied against have their very origin in.

The mans best friend thing came about Because that is what we let them become, we made them become our constant working companion.

From hunting to farming, and now into modern society.

Your poor understanding of the History of the animal is leading you to state contradictory statements about the "purpose" of the animal in the first place.

Ask a hunter who uses his hound dog to feed his family, the dog who follows him into danger as he hunts wild boar, or any other game for that matter.

The most primitive of human activity that harkens back to our hunter gather days, and guess what, Hunters are practical. Hunters are more practical than us City folk, go touch a hunters hound and see what happens.

You say its just an animal breed for a purpose that dies, I say that very purpose was to serve the role they still serve today.

If anything it is the people that rely on their breed for purpose animals that know the value of a hound, and the Respect that relationship deserves.

ANd yes, you are trolling, you even admit that you where just you being a "smart ass" with some of your comments.
edit on 10-7-2012 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   
its a dog and i doubt he did it on purpose.

why is this even a story.

i guess its the powers that be way of saying america is a o.k. and covering up real misery and sorrow.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by BadBoYeed
terrible. people suck

my dog bo used to love the 100 degree heat. he would lay out in the direct sun until his fur was so hot it would hurt my hand to touch!!!

(the backdoor to the house was wide open and he could come in at anytime)

That star was for Bo. He sounds so cool!!

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   
It's painfully easy for pet owners to leave their pets outside and suppose that they will be OK. Of course, animals in the wild are not limited by the fences and streets, and can make their way to bodies of water, and the like, but pets confined to a chain or to a yard have no such option.

This is a wake-up for pet owners: Don't let y our pet broil in the heat (nor in a closed garage or car) in this kind of weather.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join