It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cat buried alive in concrete

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by texasgirl

The article has their facts wrong. From the article:

/ Chatwin also claims that when he reported the cruel act to Colorado City sheriffs, they didn't seem too concerned.

"[The officer] kind of chuckled and laughed a little bit and then he said that if it was up to him, he'd just throw dirt on [the cat]," Chatwin said. "And this is coming from a city marshal who's a member of the FLDS Church." /

The two are not the same. The Mohave County Sheriff has a new presence there and the City (Federal) Marshalls have been there for years and are members of that church who make up a large portion of the population in that town. If Chatwin called 911, he got the Federal Marshalls office so they were the ones who responded to the call. Those two law enforcement branches are different, have different levels of authority, have opposing views of how the law should be distributed out there and I can guarantee that this isn't the last you're going to hear about this story.

It's getting interesting again.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   
saddened by the depravity to animals!
Humans are such assholes.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Taupin Desciple

Thanks for the clarification. I will keep my eye on this story!

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   
That is the most horrible thing I ever did see. I am crying . People just make me sick. so sick I wish I could jump off this planet.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
If theirs one thing that upsets me its animal cruelty,"the measure of a society is how it treats its weakest members" springs to mind.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I am a calm and rational person but lately I feel like I have had enough.

Over the past few months I have seen and know other people who have been abused verbally or physically in some way by a person that has no self respect or respect for anyone else. Normally some guy with a hoody or in other cases a grown adult. I have spent a lot of my life talking to people if incidents happen around me or against me and thinking it is wise to do so instead of being a savage.

Just yesterday I was in a store where a youth was threatening a shopkeeper because he accidentally gave him the wrong brand of cigarettes. It was not just frustration, it was racial abuse and he spat in the shopkeepers face before walking out.

Fortunately I have not heard of animal abuse like this in my area but it does add to my disgust at a lot of humanity these days.

The next time some wannabe punk pisses me or anyone else off if I am there, I will be promptly smashing the seven shades out of them regardless of who or what they think they are, it gets tiring being a diplomat.

Normally a topic like this would upset me, but it has only boiled my blood with the other things that a small minority of disgusting people are doing these days.
edit on 10-7-2012 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Note: according to the Utube comments the cat DIED a few days later in a clinic.

The punishment should be in kind.
tortured slow death after being buried in concrete without food and water.
just like that poor innocent cat went through.
only a coward would do something like this.

why the hell would you use a poor little animal as a threat!? Shows what complete lack of braincells these "people" have.

like the mafia sending dead fish as a warning... send me a fish and I'll EAT IT!

Honest talk: If someone messed with my cat, I would be in jail. Without a doubt... I would lose my mind and end up in jail.
The same goes with if I see you abusing/torturing anyone else's pet or stray...

edit on 10-7-2012 by 08051962 because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-7-2012 by 08051962 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I'm not a big fan of cats, but this is just beyond words.. I say we bury the sick **** who did this in concrete, only nobody will rescue him..
edit on 10-7-2012 by ConspiraCity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

Irrelevant argument, I do not torture the animals I eat. I do not slow cook alive the animals I eat.

Yes, I eat meat and it ends the life of an animal to have the meat I do eat. I do not torture them though and I do not see a need to kill a rat even unless I chose to eat it. Yes, I would eat a rat or any other meat if I am hungry, but again I will not be torturing the poor creature. Squirrels taste quite good and so do raccoons. I have also had a raccoon as a pet, it was one of the coolest pets I have had. Rattle snake tastes good as well and I have had one of those as a pet also.

As for the thoughts of an animal being innocent, well I guess our thoughts on some things will be different.

I do not believe they have a soul but I do believe they have a place given to them by our creator. Animals were given to us to protect, raise, care for, and yes to use as food. We are the guardians of all living creatures both great and small. We are not given the right to torment and torture living creatures.

God has a place in His heart for all of His creations. If they were not of some importance to God He would not have created them. No person that has the heart of God in their heart would do such a thing to another living creature.

Raist

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Why the # would you even post this?

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

Normally a topic like this would upset me, but it has only boiled my blood with the other things that a small minority of disgusting people are doing these days.

I must entertain the thought that "blood boiling" is from being extremely upset! I think I know what you really meant though...in the sense of feeling horrible sadness, etc. Either way it is truely upsetting to anyone with love of life!

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   
I could vomit this upsets me so much.

I'll admit my bias for cats as I have 4 (1 is sleeping not even a foot away from me), but how anyone could do anything like this to anything (cat, dog, cow, fellow human, etc) is just beyond words. I honestly don't understand it. Things like this are beyond cruel and are truly the work of the Devil (or Satan, or whatever you want to call a being that can be attributed to the evil this world has).

I wish I could hug the gentlemen that went to all of that effort to free that poor cat. The only, and I mean ONLY, positive thing to come out of this is that that poor creature did not die alone in a dark pipe. He was freed and helped to the best of the sanctuaries ability before he passed on.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   
A story about a pussy encased in concrete?

Terrible!

PS. Don't ever get married.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Pro-Polygamy religious group says it all for me.

Everywhere where there is polygamy there are countless men displaced because they have been pushed out of the community either through preaching missions where surplus men are sent far away from their former community or through forced evictions (IE: a police member who is part of the polygamous community wants a man's girlfriend or is ordered to kick this man out by church elders...

So he performs police actions on the victim like issuing traffic tickets that cannot be paid, but can be 'paid off' if the man leaves the community. Thus this is how polygamy works.

These people have a psychopathic enough mindset to bury a cat halfway in concrete... This has nothing to do with a religion, but the privilege of having younger multiple wives.

The perps will be buried half way in the lake of fire when they meet God who will be in cat form.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Dammit! This is the worst thing I could have seen. Glad they got him out to at least have a bit of relief before dying days later. Sad but a testament to the good among us as well. He went through a LOT of trouble to rescue the cat versus dumping water down there to drown him or something.

The way I like to see it is whoever did this, upon death, will be reassigned their role in the world. He or she is likely to end up being this cat in this very time. Do unto others as they say...

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 03:02 AM
link   
If I ever saw someone doing something like this to a defenseless animal I'd... Well, I'd probably be in jail for quite a while. Absolutely disgusting.
edit on 11-7-2012 by KireDj because: Had something to add

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by warpig221
Why the # would you even post this?

Yeah, the precedent it sets for people who covet youtube views is scary. Put an animal in distress
and then record your heroic rescue....

A coupla things...

1. PUT THE CAMERA DOWN AND DIG butthead......or go get a 22cal and put an end to the suffering

2. What the hell...? Mormons did this because they want to practice polygamy?...How does that compute?
And why on this farm?....This is nonsense....Some hateful little punk did this, or the guy with the
camera did it for the attention....might I remind you people have buried their OWN CHILD in a well
for the very same reason...

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   
People are murdered, women are raped, kids are killed... do you know what really enrages people and gets people upset and ready to take action? I #@#@ cat in concrete. You people are the punch-lines in my mornings.

To whomever replies to this:

Kill yourself so I have something to read while I sip my coffee.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   
After reading the thread it seems I have something to say about nearly every reply...

First, killing to eat or control varmints is one thing......this was premeditated torture

Second, if humans have souls, so do animals, and insects, and plants...just put the damned
1000 year old books down and back away...life either has an unknown pervasive force behind
it with all life included (which I believe) or it doesn't....it's just too damned egocentric to think that
humans are that damn *special*

Third, to the poster who said the entire scene seemed fishy...You're damn right it's fishy.
The perp who did this would have needed to capture a cat, wait for the right window of opportunity-
somewhere between when the owner's construction was halted and the concrete inside
the pole was still soft enough to allow the cat to sink (and having been a concrete man
for many years, I can tell you that the viscosity or surface tension of the concrete inside that
pole would have been higher that normal, and even in normal circumstances with a flat pad
of very wet concrete it would be difficult to impossible to sink a lightweight kitten without forcing
it down....requiring even MORE TOOLS and preparation) This stinks like a BS and anchovy pizza
with extra BS.

Fourth...I find it strange, how with everything going on around us to create threads about and comment
on, I have such a boiling anger about something as simple and probably inconsequential as this,
as to type this many words about it....it kinda reminds me of something the guy who flew his plane into
the IRS building said, "...nothing in this country ever gets done without a body count."

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   
SMH

Humans........

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join