It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cat buried alive in concrete

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 01:43 AM
link   
WARNING: GRAPHIC CONTENT

A live cat was found recently half-buried in concrete, and the man who rescued the kitten believes it was a message from a pro-polygamy religious group.

Chatwin, who left the FLDS 13 years ago, believes the cruel act was done by members of his former church. He claims both the threats and the animal killings have been going on for years.

Source

Just saw this, the sick people who did this need to be prosecuted. There's nothing more that needs to be said. I'm just bringing it to everyone's attention.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 02:02 AM
link   
I'v just watched the video but I cant watch it all though - I'v got the rest of the day to go so I don't want that image playing through my mind all day. I'll link the video but warning it is very graphic and upsetting.

I always think that if you can do this to a helpless animal, what could you do to a human - These people who do these acts are very sick individuals, I hope criminal charges are handed out and fines. If it was up to me I would let the person try concrete ten big cats... I'll give them a spade, tell them to start digging a hole and let the ten big cats (Lions, hungry lions) out and give the guy a bit of payback

edit on 10-7-2012 by n00bUK because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by n00bUK

These acts of barbarism will go unchallenged unless some state authority intervenes seeing as how the local authorities haven't done a thing to keep this from happening over and over again. I guess it's up to the state or county level to do something about it like bring charges against these sick and demented pathetic excuses for people.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 02:06 AM
link   
It was rescued, and that's the main thing.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Geez...really? WTH is wrong with people? This is so sad. For someone to hurt an innocent animal, it always makes me wonder what they would do to innocent children. It's sick to know people get kicks out of destroying any innocence they can find.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 02:10 AM
link   
My dad was watching thos vid yesterday, being the sadistic tool that he is, he called me over to watch it.

I'm a cat-lover and was left speechless after watching this vid...

The sheer stupidity of this got my blood boiling.

Needless to say i am not a violent person but if i ever saw something like this the perpetrators' face would meet my baseballbat.

I mean... WTF?!?

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Glad the cat was found alive.

Time to put an end to religion.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by XeroOne
It was rescued, and that's the main thing.

It wasn't rescued.
At least my source said it died from the injuriez it sustained.

Also it's not the main thing..
The main thing/question is how one could be so twisted as to bury a cat in concrete while it is still alive.

Sickening.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by muse7
Glad the cat was found alive.

Time to put an end to religion.

How about putting an end to the ignorant arses that do this stuff regardless of their religious affiliation or lack thereof instead? That seems a lot more fair...

+7 more 
posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 02:19 AM
link   
I think eye for an eye might actually be more civilized than our current justice system. If you shoot a guy, we should shoot you, not let you spend 30 years getting sodomized before we get around to giving you a lethal injection.

And on the flip side of that coin, if you're going to encase a living thing in concrete, you should spend the whole time dwelling on the fact that it's going to happen to you if or when you get caught. Let's see who has the stones to sit and watch the concrete set with that in mind. And not to make this any more gruesome, but by the by, that's not just crushing and abrasive and immobilizing and terrifying- the setting of concrete is an exothermic reaction- it would probably burn your skin off,

And one more thing, assuming the suspected group really is to blame... I can't wrap my head around somebody actually going through the motions of making something like this happen, all the while believing that God was on his side.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Dude/dudette, absolutely no need to post this and depress the rest of my day

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 03:05 AM
link   
Quite demented and whoever did this clearly has little respect for life. Even more strange.... if these supposed church members are the culprits, why would they use animal cruelty to get the message across? In the Bible doesn't God specifically revere animals as his 'good' creations?

Proverbs 12:10

Whoever is righteous has regard for the life of his beast, but the mercy of the wicked is cruel.

The fact that animal cruelty would be contradictory to the point of being a God-fearing, loving human being makes me question the legitimacy of this guys accusation. Then again some fundamentalist have been known to commit extremely heartless, irrational acts.

Lastly, people come off as mellow-dramatic with some of these thread post. Such as "Warning: Graphic Content", "My dad watched this video and is a sadistic tool" & "I would bash these peoples heads in with a baseball bat." Seriously? I've been a cat owner and I love cats deeply, but fortunately no real harm came to the cat being that it was rescued. Well perhaps some psychological trauma & skin/fur damage.

I agree the perpetrators should be punished.... but it's just strange how people react with a desire to torture/lynch somebody for a kitty. I guess the cute/cuddly factor outweighs any sense of rational non-violent justice....
edit on 10-7-2012 by Raelsatu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kangaruex4Ewe
Geez...really? WTH is wrong with people? This is so sad. For someone to hurt an innocent animal, it always makes me wonder what they would do to innocent children. It's sick to know people get kicks out of destroying any innocence they can find.

Yeah, don't hurt the innocent animals.. er.. like the cows and chickens you eat for dinner.
I suppose you food producers are just as guilty as the person who did this to a cat.

Now, take squirrels and racoons.. some places are so overrun with them ( and other animals) that you can legally shoot them on sight - If you fail to shoot them they can become a dangerous hazard and you can be fined or jailed.

Why is this story sad? Because they are talking about an otherwise cute kitten. This would not even be a story if it were your regular basement rat. Half the people who says Poor Kitty would say Good Riddens Rat.

Now I love my Cat named Kitty so much I call her the daughter I never had. That said, cats are a dime a dozen and in many places a public health threat. Animals don't have souls. It's not un-biblical to kill them if you have to. This person was being mean and if this cat doesn't fully recover, it would have been better off left to die or quickly killed - But this was not an act of destroying innocence. Only people can be innocent because only people can choose right from wrong.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 06:43 AM
link   
No, the story is sad because it is a deliberate, and premeditated act of cruelty against a defenceless animal.

You can't compare it to cattle slaughter, because cattle are slaughtered quickly, and (allegedly) humanely. They are not buried in concrete and left fully concious and (probably) in pain, to die slowly.

The people who did this, need the same doing to them.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix

Originally posted by Kangaruex4Ewe

Yeah, don't hurt the innocent animals.. er.. like the cows and chickens you eat for dinner.
I suppose you food producers are just as guilty as the person who did this to a cat.

Now, take squirrels and racoons.. some places are so overrun with them ( and other animals) that you can legally shoot them on sight - If you fail to shoot them they can become a dangerous hazard and you can be fined or jailed.

Why is this story sad? Because they are talking about an otherwise cute kitten. This would not even be a story if it were your regular basement rat. Half the people who says Poor Kitty would say Good Riddens Rat.

Now I love my Cat named Kitty so much I call her the daughter I never had. That said, cats are a dime a dozen and in many places a public health threat. Animals don't have souls. It's not un-biblical to kill them if you have to. This person was being mean and if this cat doesn't fully recover, it would have been better off left to die or quickly killed - But this was not an act of destroying innocence. Only people can be innocent because only people can choose right from wrong.

I don't think you understand the nature of the story. The cat was buried in concrete ALIVE and was left to suffer. Cows and chickens are not killed in this way.

Are you absolutely sure animals do not have souls? Animals have feelings. What about the dogs who rescue people in a crisis or the cat who went into a burning house to save another animal? My cat warned me by meowing incessantly when I forgot to turn off my stove before leaving for work. He was sitting on the counter right next to the stove, meowing, until I noticed what I did. To me, he has a soul!!

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by The Vagabond

Bingo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will have no problem burying the son of whores that this the deed with their head sticking out of the concrete so I can kick it once in a while as a reminder.

And not I will not kill the son of a whores just give them a taste of their own medicine.

How about that..

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by The Vagabond

Like I said in another thread, "Have you ever heard something that is just too strange to be true?"

I mean, this is so absurd it HAS to be some kind of made up smear propaganda. But why would this dirtbag need any more smearing?

I have worked admissions in a mental hospital before (for 5+ years). I understand a lot about them. This....

edit on 10-7-2012 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   
After a little thinking, I got curious. How did this happen?

The pipe was set into a concrete base and sticking up somewhere between 5 and 7 feet above ground level. So somebody would have had to either drop the cat in and then ramrod the cat down into the concrete without crushing the cat to death or causing the cat to end up on its side being pushed down flat, which does not appear to be what happened.

Or they would have had to drop the cat in, then pour more concrete in around it. The cat appears to have been standing on the existing concrete with its front paws against the side of the pipe, trying to stay out of the concrete as it was being poured.

So somebody had to get that cat up there without the cat getting away from them, and then they would have had to get the concrete up there and pour it in, and see that they poured in just the right amount... looking down a long fairly narrow tube, presumably at night, on somebody else's property.

And they just happened to come around for this while the guy had a project going on so that all of the materials necessary would be there... so in one sense it's a crime of opportunity- we're led to believe that somebody who wanted to upset this man saw his project, saw the materials available, and came up with a way to use them to do something terrible...

But at the same time it is a deliberate crime intended to send a message, and they put some work into it- either bringing a ladder or getting his, finding and mixing his cement, getting it up there to do this weird pour, and of course remembering to bring lights to allow them to see when the cat was in just right and not end up just burying the dang thing, and pulling all this off without getting shot for sneaking around somebody's ranch at night messing with their tools and their projects?

If this thing had just shown up in a home depot bucket on his door step, that would be one thing... but it seems like in these circumstances, the people who would have had the easiest time pulling it off were the people who made the video.

And it does have that weird smell that Texan mentioned...

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Apologies to the mods for walking the T and C line. The FLDS crowd gets my blood going and not in a good way.

Re-post from the closed thread. More informative and civil.

I for one wouldn't put it past them. The links I provided at the very bottom sum up the man who has done more in the last 25 years to bring these people down than anyone. You want a reporter who's the real deal? Mike Watkiss is your man. If it wasn't for him, Warren Jeffs may not be in jail in Texas for rape and pedophilia.

www.scribd.com...

Make no mistake about it ATS, these people are sick, and Watkiss, along with AG Tom Horne, may just be responsible for tearing down at least this branch of this cult in Colorado City Az and Hilldale UT. Don't laugh. I've been following this when I first came to Arizona in '87 and Watkiss has been relentless AND successful in tearing this cult apart and helping men, women and children get the hell out of there. There's still work to be done, but if anyone can do it, it's Mr. Watkiss and, now, the Mohave County Sheriff. And this is the latest in the ongoing developments of all this. The Federal Marshalls, all 6 of whom who "patrol" this town are ALL FLDS followers. The Sheriff is not. As a matter of fact, if you live in Colorado City and call 911, you're going to get a dispatcher at the Federal Marshalls office. There hasn't been any real justice served in this town for a long time. I for one am going to watch this very closely because I really do believe that the good guys are going to win this battle.

Never discount the lengths that some people will go to to keep their power. Even if it is of the sick and twisted kind that Warren Jeffs still thinks he has. Their days are numbered and they know it.

www.azfamily.com...

www.azfamily.com...

www.azfamily.com...

edit on 10-7-2012 by Taupin Desciple because: Re-Link

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Vagabond

And one more thing, assuming the suspected group really is to blame... I can't wrap my head around somebody actually going through the motions of making something like this happen, all the while believing that God was on his side.

They have 6 Federal Marshalls in Colorado City Az. who are all FLDS members. Believe it. They run that town. The people who live there who are not FLDS members can't do shiite about anything that goes on there. When you think about what these people are capable of doing and what they can get away with, you have to think outside the box. This didn't happen in some random town in the U.S. where law and order is still in effect. This is Colorado City Az. They don't have a Home Depot. They have their own own rules there.

That is about to change though. Do some research.

edit on 10-7-2012 by Taupin Desciple because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join