It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cat buried alive in concrete

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Taupin Desciple

Believe it or not I am aware of the law enforcement situation there. My desert is a fascination of mine and I love reading about the assorted weirdness that it seems to breed (my desert being the vast Mojave that lies right at my doorstep, with my home on one side and my father's on the opposite).

But there is a difference between carving out turf and power, which some people mistake for a value or even a right, and thinking that god wants you to pour one of his creatures into cement. I'm not saying I don't believe religious people could do it, I'm just saying it's a thinker.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by XeroOne
It was rescued, and that's the main thing.

But think about how many poor animals aren't? I'd rather not! There will always be evil lurking in one of four corners.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Vagabond
reply to post by Taupin Desciple

Believe it or not I am aware of the law enforcement situation there. My desert is a fascination of mine and I love reading about the assorted weirdness that it seems to breed (my desert being the vast Mojave that lies right at my doorstep, with my home on one side and my father's on the opposite).

But there is a difference between carving out turf and power, which some people mistake for a value or even a right, and thinking that god wants you to pour one of his creatures into cement. I'm not saying I don't believe religious people could do it, I'm just saying it's a thinker.

I believe you, I'm just so used to people giving their opinions as facts about things that they don't know much about because they're not familiar with the region or circumstances in question. You obviously are. Someone who doesn't know desert environments won't say how it breeds a certain kind of weirdness. It wouldn't even cross
their minds.

The first thing I thought of when I heard this story was how "unprofessional" it seemed. Thought out maybe, but unprofessional. Right on par with the FLDS really. I tend to believe that the FLDS did this because the only other option is that Mr Wyler did it himself to try and "frame" that cult. Mr Wyler knows full well that people like Mike Watkiss, Tom Horne and the Mohave County Shreriff is on this like stink on shiite, so I really don't see that option as being very realistic.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix

Originally posted by Kangaruex4Ewe
Geez...really? WTH is wrong with people? This is so sad. For someone to hurt an innocent animal, it always makes me wonder what they would do to innocent children. It's sick to know people get kicks out of destroying any innocence they can find.

Yeah, don't hurt the innocent animals.. er.. like the cows and chickens you eat for dinner.
I suppose you food producers are just as guilty as the person who did this to a cat.

Now, take squirrels and racoons.. some places are so overrun with them ( and other animals) that you can legally shoot them on sight - If you fail to shoot them they can become a dangerous hazard and you can be fined or jailed.

Why is this story sad? Because they are talking about an otherwise cute kitten. This would not even be a story if it were your regular basement rat. Half the people who says Poor Kitty would say Good Riddens Rat.

Now I love my Cat named Kitty so much I call her the daughter I never had. That said, cats are a dime a dozen and in many places a public health threat. Animals don't have souls. It's not un-biblical to kill them if you have to. This person was being mean and if this cat doesn't fully recover, it would have been better off left to die or quickly killed - But this was not an act of destroying innocence. Only people can be innocent because only people can choose right from wrong.

By the way, Michigan allows you to shoot all coyotes on sight. And you can shoot your neighbors dog if he chases your livestock. Yup.

Cows are killed with a spike propelled by a .22 blank cartridge right to the brain. They aren't encased in concrete while they struggle to get out.

This story would be just as sad if it was a chicken or cow stuck in the concrete. It's the fact they tortured an innocent animal. And if animals can't choose right from wrong they're innocent.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by XeroOne
It was rescued, and that's the main thing.

Not sure if you read it in its entirety but it died few days after in the clinic.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by trollz

I'll never understand how we can cry our hearts out for something like a kitty or a puppy that's killed and yet we eat the flesh of animals almost every day that experience similar if not worse things.
edit on 10-7-2012 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by jonnywhite
reply to post by trollz

I'll never understand how we can cry our hearts out for something like a kitty or a puppy that's killed and yet we eat the flesh of animals almost every day that experience similar if not worse things.
edit on 10-7-2012 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)
I have asked the same question to many outside of ATS. What we see matters and what we dont doesnt
Its the guilt and shame that the eyes cannot let you getover. Moreoever many people think that if they directly didn't kill/butcher/slaughter the animal, it is perfectly fine to consume. There are many industries that butcher animals. Fashion is the other industry in addition to the food industry

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
What Goes Around Comes Around ! karma will catch up with em and make whoever done this regret there actions ....mutual respect to all living things.. And to one another will only help to promote happiness in our lives .

edit on 10-7-2012 by thenthinkagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I recognise Evil when i see it

Disgusting people

you have given hell to these cats for yrs ?

then HELL YOU SHALL GO

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
That didn't depress me. That PISSED me right off.

The fact someone held that kitty in the concrete, I could very well punch someone who deserves it today!!

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Regardless of all the political claptrap and who dunit scenarios, watching that clip was something I couldn't bring myself to do. After about five seconds of watching that poor animal cry from its concrete tomb I became too upset to continue. And no it's not because it's a cute fluffy cat, I had the same reaction to a video I saw of people cutting the fins of a shark then throwing it back in the ocean where it spiraled helplessly out of control, to the bottom. I get sad, then really angry at this sort of thing. I just have to remind myself that some people just don't view life with the same regard as me, as some of the comments on the LiveLeak (where I first viewed the clip) videos suggested..."Good I hate cats" I'm not saying it excuses the behavior of the asshats who did this because believe me if I caught them they would much prefer to be their kitty victim. At the end of the day though, I have to wonder if it's my job to dish out the punishment as I suspect it will be taken care of...What goes around comes around!!!

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by trollz

Ah human beings... homo sapiens... capable of infinite compassion and infinite cruelty...

Considering the nature of the crime lets not get too involved at pointing fingers without proper evidence. It could be some turd high school kid who wasnt hugged enough by his parents. Or maybe the cat got in their itself. Either way it was disturbing. Its good to see the cat got rescued tho at the end. Pro-polygamy groups? Lol... who wants more than 1 woman to have to deal with... You cant even be with all 7 of them at the same time. I think if you could that would sell me but since thats not the case whatever... To each their own.

Lets get rid of religion...

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I can't watch the vid. Our kitties here are our babies. I hope they find out who did this.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
THIS IS A TERRORIST ATTACK. The kitten was purposely left alive so that the people who found it would watch it die from it's injuries. People in power in these communities need to be removed.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I"m simply stunned and have been in tears now for an hour. I can't bring myself to watch the video because I will just go insane. I think kittens are the most precious things I know! I have always loved animals and especially cats. I'm just so beside myself with this story. I don't even know what to do.
Why couldn't they save the poor guy? I really think this police station in AZ needs to get some phone calls....At least they need to understand this isn't funny. I'm calling for all the good it will do.
I need to keep repeating to myself that not all humans are monsters. It's only a few that are monsters. But they sure ruin life for everyone else.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

I know that this place is strictly monitored so I cannot tell you what I really think about your callousness. Animals do indeed have souls, are you sure you have one? I am in doubt that you do by your comment.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix

Originally posted by Kangaruex4Ewe
Geez...really? WTH is wrong with people? This is so sad. For someone to hurt an innocent animal, it always makes me wonder what they would do to innocent children. It's sick to know people get kicks out of destroying any innocence they can find.

Yeah, don't hurt the innocent animals.. er.. like the cows and chickens you eat for dinner.
I suppose you food producers are just as guilty as the person who did this to a cat.

Now, take squirrels and racoons.. some places are so overrun with them ( and other animals) that you can legally shoot them on sight - If you fail to shoot them they can become a dangerous hazard and you can be fined or jailed.

Why is this story sad? Because they are talking about an otherwise cute kitten. This would not even be a story if it were your regular basement rat. Half the people who says Poor Kitty would say Good Riddens Rat.

Now I love my Cat named Kitty so much I call her the daughter I never had. That said, cats are a dime a dozen and in many places a public health threat. Animals don't have souls. It's not un-biblical to kill them if you have to. This person was being mean and if this cat doesn't fully recover, it would have been better off left to die or quickly killed - But this was not an act of destroying innocence. Only people can be innocent because only people can choose right from wrong.

Meat I eat is not buried in cement to die.... if yours is, you might want to check that out. I eat meat, but I boycott places that treat even the animals bred for food cruelly. Just because I eat meat, it does not mean I condone the cruelty some places use to harvest it. The argument is invalid. I don't understand why that is the first argument always used when there is a case like this on ATS.

The rest is just a difference of opinion. I believe animals are innocent, you do not. Not much either of us are going to say to change that. Other than the cat didn't hurt anybody. He was in the wrong place at the wrong time and was used in a terribly evil way IMO.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Sometimes i wish all the 2012 doomsday stories were true and the world and with it all mankind would vanish in a big, devastating event. Stories like these (and similar, even worse stories i read recently) are just proof again that humans are scum which do not deserve to live on this planet along with other species.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Mitt Romney is a member of this sect and almost all presidential leaders and religions have a weird connection with amway...

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
What makes me really angry is that when the rescuer reported this to the Colorado City sheriff he just shrugged, laughed and then said he'd 'probably just throw dirt over the cat's head'. Dang, that's heartless. What the heck is going on there?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join