It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Do Some People Die Young?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhisperingWinds
reply to post by akushla99

Only problem with that , is that while it takes some longer to learn, it is at another's expense..

hence the child abduction analogy.

the abductor may take 1000 lives to fully realize the extent of damage and hurt he/she caused another soul.

The victim gets to live a broken existence, that ends in tragedy and horror, only to come back as a good kid again, who may just be the victim again of a soul who isn't learning the lessons.

I'm just speculating here, because I don't really but into the many lives theory, and quite frankly , until I'm in a state of actually knowing its true, through some great wisdom imparted to me, I'm not sure I ever will.

In theory, what is nice about it, is that in the end everyone will understand what is truly good, and live within good boundaries, through understanding what is truly not good.

edit on 10-7-2012 by WhisperingWinds because: (no reason given)

Again, even in the case of tragedy and horror as you put it... there is a reason for it.

Some people are born with Karmic debt from their previous lives... and some Karma can not be resolved within one life time...

Think about this.... Do you think anyone can fool God?

In the case of a murderer that actually gets away with his crime... and goes unpunished through out his life... Do you believe he/she can fool God?

You get what you give... and if you take from others... the same will happen to you eventually.

A murderer does not go to "hell"... that is a fairytale used to cause fear in the populous... and a great scare tactic for conversion. That person will recieve exactly what he gave to others... in this life or the next...

Life is about learning... and if you don't learn what you're here to learn... you're comming back.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by angellicview

I agree with absolutely everything you've said. Reincarnation and the nature of souls is one of my favorite topics to discuss. I don't think I've read any topics on ATS about NDEs but I know a lot about them. I'm sure I haven't done the level of research you have but for a long time, I've inherently felt what you've just written to be true. I have discussed this with others with no source material as I knew of most of this stuff before I even heard of it.

I actually feel as if you could speak for me as far as my ideals on reincarnation and souls. It's uncanny how similar our views are and I find that interesting since you've learned this information through studying it and I've come about most of my beliefs on the subject from what I feel; It's validating for me. I have heard others say what you've said here but you've just put it all down in a way that seems as if I could have written it myself.

I also want to say that, from what I believe, souls don't choose what happens to them based on how much pain or suffering or negativity they will have to endure. Souls choose what happens to them based on what they will learn or what others will learn from it. If you can take your emotions out of the situation and look at everything as an opportunity to learn, everything has a purpose and it doesn't always have to be the person going through the negative experience who benefits from it because souls like to help each other. Oftentimes, souls may choose to live an entire life totally for others where they learn nothing or very little from that life experience.

I could talk about this all day but I've made my comment pretty long as it is. I agree with everything you've said and I love discussions like this. Thank you for sharing your beliefs.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Like Will Smith said, "Let God deal with the things they do...", it is truly dealt with effectively.

yes, I believe that , and the higher justice, and retribution is the one that matters in the end, both in grace, as well as justice.

BUT..in the meantime, we do need to prevent some from seriously damaging more , if at all possible, even for the sake of their own souls and karma.

edit on 10-7-2012 by WhisperingWinds because: I swear there are keyboard gremlins that attack my post after posting... lol

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Life is about learning... and if you don't learn what you're here to learn... you're comming back.

ok..but can I come back as a fly?

Would really like to freely fly to concerts and land on some guitars playing great base, or some great rhythm or lead, without going through the hassle of finding parking, lining up for beer, lining up at washrooms, etc.

Just wanna hang on the guitars and watch with my big bulgy eyes, and feel those vibrations.

Wait ! Do flies have ears? I'll make it a request, if I can.

I can even get free beer from discarded cups.

So Akrogon, if you can remember in your next life to not kill any flies at a concert, it would be much appreciated.
Especially if its an outdoor concert in the grand canyon...been dreaming of that one for awhile now.

Thanks in advance.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by WhisperingWinds

i suppose anything is possible... Buddha remembered being many different things in his past lives...

But why would you want to return to this world as something less then what you are? You know flies eat feces right?

By the way... i don't kill flies... i've lost the ability to kill anything aside from mosquitos (they attack first
)

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I just wish we could know that they make it safely to the other side and that they are healthy and happy.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
reply to post by WhisperingWinds

i suppose anything is possible... Buddha remembered being many different things in his past lives...

But why would you want to return to this world as something less then what you are? You know flies eat feces right?

By the way... i don't kill flies... i've lost the ability to kill anything aside from mosquitos (they attack first
)

It was mostly a joke, and it's not like humans aren't made to eat shyt in many ways.

Fertilizer comes to mind.

Besides, I would strictly be a beer drinking (maybe the odd cognac ) type of fly, who only attend concerts.

If I don't get those choices... the fly deal is OFF !!

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by maybee
I just wish we could know that they make it safely to the other side and that they are healthy and happy.

You do know this... you just don't realize it.

Though im sure not all are happy once they pass...

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   

If they were a good person here do you think they are happy there. Even if they fought disease and tried to live.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   

If they were a good person here do you think they are happy there. Even if they fought disease and tried to live.

Disease is a manifestation of God... Like everything else there is a reason for it...

Once the body dies all is revealed... no pain, just consciousness and being. A return to normal for our spirit...

Unfortunatly i can't assume who will be happy and who will not... i don't know.

What do you think?

Death is a release... its not "the end'.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I think yes.
. I think they are happy and healthy. Thank you for you kind responses.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   

You got a few things right, but quite a bit "wrong".

There is no "board of review". If you end up seeing something like that, you've manifested it from your own mind. There is only ONENESS. Anything else experienced on the other side is a projection.

Everything is everything.

You and I are the same, we just think we are seperate and independant.

You are correct in the statement that, "you chose to be here". Indeed, I chose to be who I am and where I was born.

Let me break down how it works in laymans terms:

You see, the everything that is everything (what I call the "is-ness") got pretty darn bored having unlimited power in a timeless expanse of nothingness. Well, if you could be/do/see anything what would you do? You'd probably want to do everything. Everything has to be experienced. From being an entire galaxy for billions of years, to a sub atomic particle. That's not it though! Every possible expression of said experience also must be had. This means that an infinite number of "alternate" realities also exist for all the infinite potentials.

This was the great game/pandora's box that the "is-ness" created for itself. It can never be undone, and it can never end.

They used the lure of the Pandorica to trap him. There were many layers of security in the Pandorica including deadlocks, time stops and matter lines. It even had a restoration field to stop the Doctor from dying, which the Alliance believed a form of escape.

Pandoricum (Dr. Who Wiki)

Because everything is basically everything -- people can do "magic" and actually alter reality ala the "rule of attraction".

There isn't a "heaven" or "hell". You just go back to the incredibly blinding white light. Your mind may re-run some old memories and you may THINK your seeing old family and such -- but it's just a review. Sometimes you can't remember who or even what you are (ie; that you used to be a human!).

God, who would want to be stuck as the same person, in the same place, with the same people for eterinity? That to me right there sounds like hell! The concept of a Judaeo-Christian "heaven" is small minded, simplistic, and caveman like.

Some people like the Tibetans have trained their minds enough to maintain focus through that white light. Most people, however, never get past the white light.

Like I said, everything (to infinity) has to be experienced. From suffering babies in Africa to rich people in royal families, the pen you just used to that bird outside. It all must be experienced.

Thank you though for your post -- reading it made me connect a dot that I had never made before!

I now realize that I incarnated into an infant and died quite soon after birth before being returned to my body. I was able to push past the light, somehow able to "download" into a baby that didn't live long.

It makes sense now what that was! I had been wondering why everything was so bright in that room, why I couldn't see very well, and why a bunch of doctors were peering down at me. Additionally, they looked huge at the time. I feel bad for whomever the parents were for that child. Somewhere out there, a couple lost a baby.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlphaX

I agree with absolutely everything you've said. Reincarnation and the nature of souls is one of my favorite topics to discuss. I don't think I've read any topics on ATS about NDEs but I know a lot about them. I'm sure I haven't done the level of research you have but for a long time, I've inherently felt what you've just written to be true. I have discussed this with others with no source material as I knew of most of this stuff before I even heard of it.

I actually feel as if you could speak for me as far as my ideals on reincarnation and souls. It's uncanny how similar our views are and I find that interesting since you've learned this information through studying it and I've come about most of my beliefs on the subject from what I feel; It's validating for me. I have heard others say what you've said here but you've just put it all down in a way that seems as if I could have written it myself.

I also want to say that, from what I believe, souls don't choose what happens to them based on how much pain or suffering or negativity they will have to endure. Souls choose what happens to them based on what they will learn or what others will learn from it. If you can take your emotions out of the situation and look at everything as an opportunity to learn, everything has a purpose and it doesn't always have to be the person going through the negative experience who benefits from it because souls like to help each other. Oftentimes, souls may choose to live an entire life totally for others where they learn nothing or very little from that life experience.

I could talk about this all day but I've made my comment pretty long as it is. I agree with everything you've said and I love discussions like this. Thank you for sharing your beliefs.

You are welcome and thank you for sharing yours'.

If you've come to these conclusions WITHOUT research, I'd say you are a pretty special person, and may have some memories that go beyond this realm. And so I think you should feel good about yourself for thinking along these lines without all the years worth of reading (like I have done). Kudos!

I'll give you some references in case you'd like to read more on the subject:

Near Death Experience Research Foundation

Near Death Experiences and the Afterlife

Enjoy

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Maybee, from what I understand, even a "bad" person here will be happy there once they get past their life-review. And so I imagine that a good person would have no trouble dealing with the life-review and would be very (ecstatically) happy.

I remember one story about a woman who had a good life-review. The worst thing on it for her was that there was a neighbor's dog that she just didn't like. She would taunt it and had ill-feelings towards it.

When she was in her life-review, she had to relive that part of her life and feel the way that dog felt. She felt awful and even cried. But the guide that was with her talked to her softly and lovingly and told her to release it. That she was so loved and that these are all just learning experiences.

And so that was just one example of thousands and thousands of examples I could have given. Believe, they are more than fine!

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by MystikMushroom

You got a few things right, but quite a bit "wrong".

There is no "board of review". If you end up seeing something like that, you've manifested it from your own mind. There is only ONENESS. Anything else experienced on the other side is a projection.

Everything is everything.

You and I are the same, we just think we are seperate and independant.

You are correct in the statement that, "you chose to be here". Indeed, I chose to be who I am and where I was born.

Let me break down how it works in laymans terms:

You see, the everything that is everything (what I call the "is-ness") got pretty darn bored having unlimited power in a timeless expanse of nothingness. Well, if you could be/do/see anything what would you do? You'd probably want to do everything. Everything has to be experienced. From being an entire galaxy for billions of years, to a sub atomic particle. That's not it though! Every possible expression of said experience also must be had. This means that an infinite number of "alternate" realities also exist for all the infinite potentials.

This was the great game/pandora's box that the "is-ness" created for itself. It can never be undone, and it can never end.

They used the lure of the Pandorica to trap him. There were many layers of security in the Pandorica including deadlocks, time stops and matter lines. It even had a restoration field to stop the Doctor from dying, which the Alliance believed a form of escape.

Pandoricum (Dr. Who Wiki)

Because everything is basically everything -- people can do "magic" and actually alter reality ala the "rule of attraction".

There isn't a "heaven" or "hell". You just go back to the incredibly blinding white light. Your mind may re-run some old memories and you may THINK your seeing old family and such -- but it's just a review. Sometimes you can't remember who or even what you are (ie; that you used to be a human!).

God, who would want to be stuck as the same person, in the same place, with the same people for eterinity? That to me right there sounds like hell! The concept of a Judaeo-Christian "heaven" is small minded, simplistic, and caveman like.

Some people like the Tibetans have trained their minds enough to maintain focus through that white light. Most people, however, never get past the white light.

Like I said, everything (to infinity) has to be experienced. From suffering babies in Africa to rich people in royal families, the pen you just used to that bird outside. It all must be experienced.

Thank you though for your post -- reading it made me connect a dot that I had never made before!

I now realize that I incarnated into an infant and died quite soon after birth before being returned to my body. I was able to push past the light, somehow able to "download" into a baby that didn't live long.

It makes sense now what that was! I had been wondering why everything was so bright in that room, why I couldn't see very well, and why a bunch of doctors were peering down at me. Additionally, they looked huge at the time. I feel bad for whomever the parents were for that child. Somewhere out there, a couple lost a baby.

I agree with most of what you've said here. Not all - but most.

I am glad I was able to spark a connect of the dots for you!

Generally, I understand what you are saying and I was trying to make my OP extremely simple so that anyone could understand and visualize exactly what I was talking about. When you get more in-depth, like you did, some people get lost in the message.

Thanks for the comment

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Look, I'm not here to bash or insult anyone. The questions I'm about to ask, I am genuinely looking for hard, honest answers. So:

It’s the most wonderful thing (death) that could happen for the person it is happening to!

Do you realize how dangerous this thought is in the wrong (usually young) minds?

The beginning that I’m talking about starts before we come to this life on Earth. We decide to come here. We make out a plan for our life. We decide who our Spirit Guides will be. We decide who our parents will be. We decide what our challenges and goals will be throughout our life. And we also decide when (and how) our death will be.

Once we, as individuals, come up with a plan for our life, we go to a sort of “review board” where there are several beings who are more advanced than we are and we talk it all over. They help us to see more clearly and work out more details. We may even be directed to a counselor to help us make these important decisions before incarnating.

Who told you this? What tiniest sliver of proof did they show you?

Be assured that nothing happens by coincidence and everything happens for a reason.

So, what you're saying is this life is rigged. Our skills, our emotions, our circumstances, our desire to achieve mean absolutely nothing because everything is predestined. No thank you. I want no part of that life because it would be simply a waste of time.

Simply because someone told you these things, and simply because you believe in them, doesn't even come close to making it true. Come on over to my house and we'll play cards. Don't worry, I've stacked the deck so you will win every time - but then, what would be the point of playing, right?
edit on 7/10/2012 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Do you realize how dangerous this thought is in the wrong (usually young) minds?

We are all adults here. I hope no one decides that because of what I've said that they will take their own life. I am just telling of what I have learned and I posted this here because people have asked me these questions.

Who told you this? What tiniest sliver of proof did they show you?

No one "told" me this. As I said in the OP, these are the conclusions I have come to after studying numerous NDE's.

There is no proof.

So, what you're saying is this life is rigged. Our skills, our emotions, our circumstances, our desire to achieve mean absolutely nothing because everything is predestined. No thank you. I want no part of that life because it would be simply a waste of time.

No, I am absolutely not saying that at all. If that is the way you have perceived it and you don't believe it, then so be it. I am not trying to "convince" anyone. It is up to you to decide what your truth is. It's not up to me to try to force my truth on you.

Simply because someone told you these things, and simply because you believe in them, doesn't even come close to making it true. Come on over to my house and we'll play cards. Don't worry, I've stacked the deck so you will win every time - but then, what would be the point of playing, right?

Like I said above, no one told me any of this.

I have come to my conclusions based on reading thousands of NDE cases.

I am not here to argue my point. If you don't like it, that's okay with me.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by angellicview

Why do people die young

I believe it can be attributed to Karma

Well now, that's saying that death is a bad thing or a punishment. What I am trying to say here is that death is actually a good thing for the person who passed over.

Although, that is another way of looking at it - I have found that people are truly very happy when they have ditched the physical body.

Excuse my polemic.

This sounds like an after-school special promoting suicide.

First of all, death is permanent. An "NDE" is not death, hence the term near-death. Second, ditching the physical body is not a great idea and I wouldn't dare conceive of promoting such a thing, especially without thinking about the implications. Third, striving for death, and negating life is nihilism. I don't understand how a God-fearing human can muster the audacity to spit on His work and Art, and then expect to later dine at his table.

This is my opinion.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by TheSubversiveOne

First of all, death is permanent.

Do you have proof of this?

You're free to hold your own beliefs.... but this isn't true

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by TheSubversiveOne

Okee-Dokee! Thank you for your thoughts.

I don't have any fear of God. And, sorry, but I don't see death as a bad thing. That doesn't mean I'm going to try to kill myself.

If you don't want to study NDE's for the valuable information they contain - then don't.

Thanks for your opinion.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join