It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does God love Satan?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952
One difference, for me, is that Satan is generally considered to be a fallen angel. They are a different type of creation from mankind. People are his "children," angels aren't. I don't know what the relationship is between God and the angelic sphere, but I think it's reasonable that His love for them would be different than His love for us.

I don't think that New Testament "love" passages should be automatically considered to refer to angels any more than they do to rocks, trees, jellyfish, or dolphins. For me, the question is "Does He love us?" I think so, and am a little less concerned about His feelings towards angels.

Thats not biblical friend. Job says the "sons" of God (bene ha'Elohyim) sang for joy at creation. And the NT says we in Christ are "adopted" as sons of God.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Dear NOTurTypical,

Thank you very much. I'd hate to go off on a wrong track. That was something I had taken for granted, but now I'm going to have to do some looking. Thanks again.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952

Dear NOTurTypical,

Thank you very much. I'd hate to go off on a wrong track. That was something I had taken for granted, but now I'm going to have to do some looking. Thanks again.

With respect,
Charles1952

No worries. The angels are "sons of god" we are all sons of Adam. We can be "adopted" as sons of God through Christ though. If you want scripture references just ask my friend.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   

No worries. The angels are "sons of god" we are all sons of Adam. We can be "adopted" as sons of God through Christ though. If you want scripture references just ask my friend.

Yes, when Father speaks to one that is above, he refers to them as my son, or my daughter, and in turn they refer to him as Father.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by oneness86
If they actually exist they are definitely business partners

May I ask, why do you come to this conclusion?

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Yes GOD does love satan and he has givin satan many chances to love us instead he seeks our descruction and we help him way too much.
It will come as no surprise to satan the beautiful tool to be destroyed by his creator.
I took a look at my own life and decided to try to love unconditionally the people that i had built up hate for and i believe i can understand the relationship that GOD and satan has with me better now.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Yes

I speak about it in that thread

Ben81 End of Times Thread

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Dear NOTurTypical,

I was thinking about it and I wonder if my thoughts about angels might have come from Hebrews 1 and 2. Here's the end of Hebrews 1:

13 To which of the angels did God ever say,

“Sit at my right hand
until I make your enemies
a footstool for your feet”?

14 Are not all angels ministering spirits sent to serve those who will inherit salvation?
And here's a little from Hebrews 2:

14 Since the children have flesh and blood, he too shared in their humanity so that by his death he might break the power of him who holds the power of death—that is, the devil — 15 and free those who all their lives were held in slavery by their fear of death. 16 For surely it is not angels he helps, but Abraham’s descendants.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

I believe that just like anything else in the universe there has to be an opposite to everything and they cannot exist without each other

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by oneness86

Didn't God exist before the angels, good or bad? It seems he could exist without an opposite. Or are you saying He does have an equal and opposite being who has chosen to never reveal himself as god did? I'm probably misunderstanding you.

Do principles have opposites? Is there a place where theft is commanded instead of condemned?

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

I'm only going on my own belief that the universe has always existed, just going through many periods of destruction and regrowth over and over. I don't really know if i believe in a conventional view of God creating the universe, It really makes my head hurt thinking about it , its pretty deep stuff. Since i don't really know how i feel about a creationist view i only go by what i see in the world around me; that being the yin and yang model to everything. I don't know if that makes anything any clearer lol

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   

The writer of Hebrews was writing as a rabbi would to the Jews explaining among other things that Christ was higher than the angels as the God-man.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

The writer of Hebrews was writing as a rabbi would to the Jews explaining among other things that Christ was higher than the angels as the God-man.

To expand on this further. Here is the hierarchy.

Father
Jesus
Fathers Seven Spirits
The Ark (Chief Angel)
6 Archangels
The remaining archangels
Elders
Regular Angels

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by jhill76

To expand on this further. Here is the hierarchy.

Father
Jesus
Fathers Seven Spirits
The Ark (Chief Angel)
6 Archangels
The remaining archangels
Elders
Regular Angels

Forgot the Cherubim. They are higher than Archangels. There are only two archangels mentioned in scripture. Gabriel and Michael. And Father, Jesus, and Ruach ha'Kodesh are One. (Deut 9:6)

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Forgot the Cherubim. They are higher than Archangels. There are only two archangels mentioned in scripture. Gabriel and Michael. And Father, Jesus, and Ruach ha'Kodesh are One. (Deut 9:6)

Actually, from the point of view of above. Archangels are the highest. Man messed this up, when writing about above. There are 25 archangels in total, not all of them have names, hence why not named in the bible. Yes, two are mentioned by name in the bible, but many are not. Just like mother is not mentioned in the bible.

Man put their own classification to above, I am speaking how it actually is above.

Ezekiel 9:2 The man with the writing kit, he is another ark.

Is this the correct verse?

Deut 9:6

edit on 9-7-2012 by jhill76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

Pardon me? "Mother" a.k.a. "queen of heaven"? And yes, the shema. God is One. The Father, Son, and Ruach are co-equal, co-eternal Elohyim. And you still have no cherubim or seraphim for that matter. Only Cherubim guard the throne of God. 5 are mentioned in the Bible.
edit on 9-7-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Pardon me? "Mother" a.k.a. "queen of heaven"?

I am unaware of what you are referring to here. What I spoke of, is not written anywhere here.

And yes, the shema. God is One. The Father, Son, and Ruach are co-equal, co-eternal Elohyim.

Equal as in status to man, yes. But, I am talking about above, if an order is given, Father has to still sign off on it. Sometimes, he will even go around his spirit, if that makes sense. But, you won't see any of this, this is more for above.

nd you still have no cherubim or seraphim for that matter. Only Cherubim guard the throne of God. 5 are mentioned in the Bible.

These are mans terms on above, to try and categorize them. When I speak, I don't speak from that perspective, sometimes only to convey in a way for others to understand.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

Okay... do you realize you're bordering on heretical blasphemy? Your theology proper and Christology is seriously out of whack? I like you so I mean that with all due respect. You're making some claims that are basically anti-Biblical.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   

reply to post by jhill76

Okay... do you realize you're bordering on heretical blasphemy? Your theology proper and Christology is seriously out of whack? I like you so I mean that with all due respect. You're making some claims that are basically anti-Biblical.

I understand why you would say this. I am saying to above, Father is the ultimate decision maker. Jesus can make some strong decisions, but it still has to be signed off by Father. That makes them not equal to above. But, to man, yes they are equal. How is that anti-bible?

If you are not privy to what goes on behind the scenes, how can you speak against it? I give a disclaimer, saying these things of above, man knows Father, Jesus, and The Holy Spirit to be equal. They all sit next to each other, but when a decision is made, it has to be cleared via Father.

Also, on the angels and their classification, you did not hear Jesus speak of it. Others did. You cannot take mans word to be absolute, especially on things of above.

Just like John said in Revelations, streets are paved in gold, it was not gold, it is pure light. But, to him it looked like Gold. Do you see what I mean here?

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

John 13:16
Verily, verily, I say unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord; neither he that is sent greater than he that sent him

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join