It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does God love Satan?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Haha, right on cue. When i hit enter on the post above for some reason i immediately thought of you. My discernment is sharp tonight, who needs prayer??

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by jhill76

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by jhill76

Okay... do you realize you're bordering on heretical blasphemy? Your theology proper and Christology is seriously out of whack? I like you so I mean that with all due respect. You're making some claims that are basically anti-Biblical.

I understand why you would say this. I am saying to above, Father is the ultimate decision maker. Jesus can make some strong decisions, but it still has to be signed off by Father. That makes them not equal to above. But, to man, yes they are equal. How is that anti-bible?

If you are not privy to what goes on behind the scenes, how can you speak against it? I give a disclaimer, saying these things of above, man knows Father, Jesus, and The Holy Spirit to be equal. They all sit next to each other, but when a decision is made, it has to be cleared via Father.

Also, on the angels and their classification, you did not hear Jesus speak of it. Others did. You cannot take mans word to be absolute, especially on things of above.

Just like John said in Revelations, streets are paved in gold, it was not gold, it is pure light. But, to him it looked like Gold. Do you see what I mean here?
edit on 9-7-2012 by jhill76 because: (no reason given)

Dude.. all scripture is breathed forth by God. You're claiming some things that are not merely un-Biblical, but ANTI-Biblical. That would make the Holy Spirit a liar. Don't go down this road, not wise. The Author of the scripture is God, men only held the writing utensils.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Dude.. all scripture is breathed forth by God. You're claiming some things that are not merely un-Biblical, but ANTI-Biblical. That would make the Holy Spirit a liar. Don't go down this road, not wise. The Author of the scripture is God, men only held the writing utensils.

I am not understanding how do you say this? I said even Jesus has to get authorization from Father. Also, he doesn't even know the time when he is to return, only the Father. How does that make them equal?

How is that anti-bible? You are making strong accusations here, something I thought I would not see from you.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

Haha, right on cue. When i hit enter on the post above for some reason i immediately thought of you. My discernment is sharp tonight, who needs prayer??

Just nipping at heels brother...

Every shepard needs a loyal dog...

edit on 10-7-2012 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

I'll let my opinion stand - I don't think God would have even created Satan. Satan is probably just a blind negative energy that is real, but is nothing like that which of the Creator.

Who even claims Satan exists? Southern baptists. They are lost, I wouldn't believe them. I wouldn't believe those guys with big mouths and small ears.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by greyer

If Satan exists... hes simply doing the job he was assigned...

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

reply to post by Akragon

Yes indeed friend, glad to see you aren't here looking for a gunfight. It's too late to get into the Jesus was God Y or N or M Debate v 6.0. Seriously, I sensed your presence when i hit enter of that post on the previous page. It was basically like a disturbance in the force or something.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   

reply to post by greyer

This is for anyone that believes Satan exists. Is it possible Father created him, knowing he would be evil, to create a balance of good and evil, and to have him as a resource to fully test man?
edit on 10-7-2012 by jhill76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

the first thread i made here was about this subject...

Satan

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   

reply to post by jhill76

the first thread i made here was about this subject...

Satan

Thanks, I will take a look.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

Yes indeed friend, glad to see you aren't here looking for a gunfight. It's too late to get into the Jesus was God Y or N or M Debate v 6.0. Seriously, I sensed your presence when i hit enter of that post on the previous page. It was basically like a disturbance in the force or something.

Thats not my presence my friend...

Tis the "spirit" of truth. It hits you in the gut sometimes...

Though if i were looking for a battle... i'd be aiming at that first link in your sig. Not you...

edit on 10-7-2012 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by jhill76

reply to post by greyer

This is for anyone that believes Satan exists. Is it possible Father created him, knowing he would be evil, to create a balance of good and evil, and to have him as a resource to fully test man?

If God did not create Satan there would be no "Book of Job"...

So far as some of the rest of this conversation has gone most of it seems to be based on the belief that the King James version of the Bible is the definitive version of God's word and that anything and everything left out of that canon is irrelevant and heretical...

That is not the case...

The Dead Sea Scrolls proved that quite a few books that were said to have never existed not only did but were also fairly important in the early Christian/Gnostic teachings and provide a fuller context than the established church wanted "commoners" to know about...

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 03:08 AM
link   
I think the father had and still has extreme sadness over all of his fallen angels, but he loved them enough to give them free will, just as he did with humans, and with his son Jesus.

Yes , He loves them, and will not interfere with their choices, but is deeply saddened by the love that is not returned, and by the choices they have and still make.(yes I think God experiences sorrow as well as euphoric joy)

Could the fallen angels be redeemed? Never say never with God in charge, but to obtain forgiveness they would have to experience remorse and seek reconciliation. Perhaps that can be done by prayer through other angelic beings and holy people?

It seems that satan has chosen to "hard wire" himself in rebellion, but none the less, I do think the Father loves him, but not his actions, just as he loves all humans, but not their deeds at times.

edit on 10-7-2012 by WhisperingWinds because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by WhisperingWinds

They can never be redeemed because God didn't incarnate as an angel to die for their sin. Neither can Nephilim or Rephaim be redeemed.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by SwissMarked

What hogwash! Please tell what "Christian/Gnostic" books were found at the Dead Sea caves that are mysteriously missing from today's Bible! That's a complete lie.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   

They can never be redeemed because God didn't incarnate as an angel to die for their sin. Neither can Nephilim or Rephaim be redeemed.

Then I would assume that God made them fully aware of that before they made their choice, and he cast them out of heaven?

I would hope so

Can just here Him..."no turning back on this choice..understood?"

meh..what do I know..

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   

reply to post by greyer

Still where did you hear that? A person, probably a zealous one. Strong concrete spiritual evidence says that there is physicality (energy), time/space, and a living soul that is one and the same for all lifeforms. This has been proven through analysis. The biggest thing I am learning now, is why did I ever listen to anybody when I was growing up.

This whole thing about Satan and deception, it is all a crock.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Not entirely accurate. When man is redeemed, he is fully aware and gets to keep his memories and the such. Redemption for them is very different. What you are doing here, is trying to equate the redemption of man with the redemption of angels. Plus, this would be between Father and the said angel. You will not find this written anywhere in the bible, because it has no bearings on one life down here.

The bible is mainly for man, and what man needs to do and history of certain events. It does not detail above at all, and for good reason, there are just too many things, man would never understand, and it would raise way too many questions.

Satan told the others (the fallen) lies and got them to come on his side. Some, have since realized it's not what its cut out to be, there are even some who shows no respect to Satan. In doing this, some have come to Father and asked to be taken away. This is what happens:
- They are destroyed, and made new, a completely wiped spirit. But, they are never allowed above again.
So it wouldn't be redemption as you know it. But, a complete reset to said spirit.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

This post has a lot of wisdom to it.

I don't know much about the topic of angels, but what you just said makes perfect sense.

I enjoy your posts very much.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by WhisperingWinds
reply to post by jhill76

This post has a lot of wisdom to it.

I don't know much about the topic of angels, but what you just said makes perfect sense.

I enjoy your posts very much.

I apologize if I do not address this, I fear praise. But, if there are certain questions about above, I will respond in kind.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join