It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does God love Satan?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
reply to post by charles1952

As far as evil is concerned... Evil comes from humans... without humans evil would not exist on this planet. Thus evil is not only very subjective... but it likely does not exist. What one calls evil is mearly selfishness examplified.

This an argument I hear quite a bit especially with regards to the problem of suffering - namely, how God allows suffering to exist. Responses usually revolve around the suffering in which we cause ourselves. If this is the way in which one defines "Evil", then surely anyone has a right to such language. But what would we call, say natural disasters that destroy communities, families, and children? What about diseases, plagues, and the likes? Or natural predators in the wild?

Are these occurrences classified under "Evil" or "Satanic?" The reason I ask, is that what I see the word "Evil" to represent is more of a feeling of existence. I've always thought you have to feel the effects of Evil to truly understand it. And certainly, everyone at one point or another in their lifetime experiences it whether in War, or some other occurrence with a human. Do we not though have the same feeling when a tornado rips through a home, kills a neighbor, or destroys something very valuable to us?
edit on 10-7-2012 by ithinktherefore because: Grammar

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   
I think if God from The Bible exists, then he hated the rebellion of Satan, and he will be unhappy that his greatest angel fell from heaven to become evil. Still, I think that hatred and fear are basically disease we should call it "away-from-the-natural-self-syndrome ".

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ithinktherefore

You can trace those all back to the curse from the fall of Genesis 3. First cause is still man.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by SwissMarked

Originally posted by jhill76

Originally posted by Akragon
reply to post by greyer

If Satan exists... hes simply doing the job he was assigned...

This is for anyone that believes Satan exists. Is it possible Father created him, knowing he would be evil, to create a balance of good and evil, and to have him as a resource to fully test man?
edit on 10-7-2012 by jhill76 because: (no reason given)

If God did not create Satan there would be no "Book of Job"...

That is not something to say that has a concrete foundation, it is more like having and idea and trying to conclude by it.

We are suggesting duality is a nature of earth. We are suggesting the spirit is not dual. I agree with Stanton Freedman in this is why everybody doesn't believe in aliens - we can't be thinking in earth terms if we are dealing with a peoples that are perhaps millions of years more advanced in us technologically.

Here is what I believe to be the truth. Those people in the world who teach their kids about the easter bunny is the same way as adults when they believe the others things that religion has told them. Everybody is confused because they were deceived, but the deception is from humans. I don't see how they can blame a creation force for something a human has done. The book is powerful, but if they are confused or zealous it means they have failed to do more important things in order to truly be enlightened.
edit on 11-7-2012 by greyer because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join