It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Curious EVP at Loveland Castle

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by ArcAngel

IMHO it sounds like a group of young men and they say " (two syllable name) would" or "no one would" fun stuff anyway.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArcAngel
reply to post by SwissMarked

Excellent catch! In context of the question though...

Thanks for this!

I listened to it several times and the first bunch it just sounded like garble... then all of a sudden it seemed to "clear up"... I'm not saying I'm right or wrong... but the Boy Scouts are a creepy organization... and that castle isn't any less creepy...

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   

It is odd, that the place would be described as "a dungeon" in a castle that was built in the US in the 1920's. So the possibility of this place really being a place of imprisonment or torture are really very slim. at best, maybe a wine cellar.

Undoubtedly there is a reaction that was caught on the EVP, but I don't think it should be taken in the context of a dungeon. especially considering the Christian group leaning of the group that founded this. (although who knows). So lets call it what it is, a cellar, and look further into the history of what actually went on there

Also, I notice on the website, the translation of Poltergeist as being "friendly ghost" is obviously a marketing ploy to play down the name, as Poltergeist actually means 'Noisy Ghost"

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Why are the Scouts a creepy organization?? I don't understand you motivation for that statement!

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Wow if thats for real very very spooky. Imo its saying "I DONT KNOW"

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Great EVP. Definitely an Intelligent response. I'm unsure as what it says exactly, but the voice sounds sure of itself, and it's voice inflection places emphasis on the first word. IMO that denotes it as an "I" or a reference to ownership being personal. then the next word sounds like an action verb, a description after ownership in the sentence. The last word is the noun, or subject. So hypothetically, "I built this".....What I am getting is that the last word ends in an "s" or "f" of hard "th".

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Thanks a lot for the reply, I am leaning towards the "I built this" as a possible interpretation. If entities are residual emotional energy, that would definitely make more sense.
edit on 8-7-2012 by ArcAngel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by JakiusFogg

Why are the Scouts a creepy organization?? I don't understand you motivation for that statement!

I'm not trying to sound like a douche but do some research into their background, founders, and the principals of them outside of the doctrine of the scouts...

I realize I could provide you with links and blah blah blah but the fact of the matter is if you truly want to know and don't want someone's opinion from the outside influencing yours it's better you do the digging on your own so when you make the discoveries it's not another's opinion that is either weighing yours down or lifting it up...

Thanks a lot for the reply, I am leaning towards the "I built this" as a possible interpretation. If entities are residual emotional energy, that would definitely make more sense.
edit on 8-7-2012 by ArcAngel because: (no reason given)

That being said though if "entities" are "residual emotional energy" something with the largest "discharge" and "connection" to any given location would be what sticks around that area... in theory...

While the founder and creator of a building may hang around for sentimental reasons I would find it easier to believe that anything that has enough "residual emotional energy" to manifest itself in that manner would have far more of a negative connection than a positive "happy memory"...

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Good point. So let's say your assumption is correct. The owner and builder (Sir Harry) was tending a trash fire and his polyester pants caught on fire. This eventually killed him. So this would be enough negative energy? Who knows, right? But none the less it was an unexpected find and different.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Good point. So let's say your assumption is correct. The owner and builder (Sir Harry) was tending a trash fire and his polyester pants caught on fire. This eventually killed him. So this would be enough negative energy? Who knows, right? But none the less it was an unexpected find and different.

There certainly is no way to definitively tell anything in any way... for all anyone really knows this is entirely a hoax meant to dupe people into responding so that someone can sit back and delight in the "ignorance of others"...

There's a lot of faith that has to be put in play from all angles... faith that you're telling the truth... faith that it's an accurate record... faith in the existence of "entities"... etc...

So... let's say Sir Harry's pants caught on fire... he eventually died... and the bright light of Heaven is shining upon him... what would cause him to want to stay... just to mull around and see how things turn out at his playland... maybe... maybe not...

There are so many variables that come into play for any singular even to play out that the odds are astronomical that if this is not a hoax (and I'm not saying it is) that you would happen to be in the right place at the right time with the right equipment for you to not have been the intended recipient of the message...

I just have a hard time believing that message would be "I built it" or something along those lines in light of the question you asked...

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Been listening to it quite a bit.

Possibly:
"HOW D'YOU MEAN?"

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   
I have a hard time deciphering evp's but that sure sounds evil.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   
What a great catch. I've been investigating the Paranormal for 3 years now and I've captured some interesting things myself.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Can you clear somthing up for me is this in "real time" or has it been speeded up or slowed down?

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Here are a couple of the possible 'ghostly' owners of your EVP!

-BEGIN QUOTE-

"There were two incidents that took place close or at the castle that may have contributed to the spirits thought the haunt the premises.

The first incident happened with a married couple that had built a cabin in the area in the front part of a cave located just down river from the castle. In the cave, the couple made moonshine. One day, Andrews and his staff detected a large explosion. They went to investigate the noise by the cave and learned that the wife had been killed when a whiskey barrel landed on her after the blast.

A female ghost with long hair is believed to haunt the castle and is thought to be the wife of the moonshiner. Before a streetlight was placed in front of the castle, the female spirit was seen walking across the river. She would sit in the seats located on top of the garage. The entity is described as being transparent, whitish, and dressed in a flowing gown. Some have spotted the ghost walking about the garden before vanishing.

A male ghost thought to be Andrews himself, as a dark shadow has been sighted moving up the spiral staircase to Sir Harry's old room. Bathroom doors have slammed in the Ballroom and when live music played, the lamp in the room was thought to sway if the ghost enjoyed the tunes, and stayed still if a song he did not like was played. "

-END QUOTE-

Read Full story:
www.unexplainable.net...

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Sorry, double post.
edit on 9-7-2012 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   

sounds like 'cause I could' to me but I gotta get my headphones out.
great catch I think.

the local rumor is that poor Harold was gay and the knights of the round table he created were also gay. So Harold built this european style castle just for his buddies and apparently for something to do. It did not become a boy scout thing until he died by that tragic death. I believe it was left to his 'knights' who still 'own' the place, but I'm not sure who owns it now.

a long, long. long time ago I spent the night there with the girl scouts on halloween night. talk about creepy ! The 'guides' before they left us for the night were sneaking around scratching and knocking........ at least we thought it was the guides.....

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by horseplay

Thank you for this response! It adds another dimension to this.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by mytheroy
Sounds like something moved or shuffled through the room, I listened a few times, what do you think it was saying

The first syllable sounded like an object being moved, or as you said, being shuffled. If there was a word or syllable, it was overpowered by this noise. The other two syllables sounded like "I could" or "the woods"...something to that effect.

OP, do you have studio editing options? You may be able to play around with the pitch and speed in order to better decipher what the "EVP" is saying. If you do have this...it probably comes with filter options.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   

I listened to this several times.
To me it sounds like "wild toff books"

Just for the heck of it, I googled that phrase, and it came up with:

Toff Books

Dunno, maybe something, maybe not.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join