It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hormones in milk can be dangerous

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 02:32 AM
link   
I don't like milk products, I don't know if I am lactose intolerant, but in any case, it doesn't agree with me so I have always avoided it.

I came to this same conclusion about the hormones long ago just based on my own observations when I tried forcing myself to eat dairy for a while, and watching my husband who eats primarily dairy. He is French, so cream, milk, cheese, yogurt, is his main food normally.

I have always had a slightly androgenous body for a woman- not curvy, and naturally muscular. I also suffered acne problems, and as birth control pills with more feminine hormones would clear it up, it became clear that I have a higher level of masculine hormones.

The changes I found happening when I took the pill (getting softer, less muscle, more curves, clear skin...) all happened the same way if I started eating dairy instead of taking the pill.

When my husband goes on a diet and cuts out the dairy, his body immediately gets less fatty- which might just be chalked up to less calories- except that the first place it leaves is the breasts! As he gets older and sees the beginnings of man boobs and complains, I just remind him that if he stops drinking hormone filled milk, he won't see those grow!

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
First you post about ww3 and milk being the problem of men not being men. Still confused about this one. www.abovetopsecret.com...

Now it's milk...period.

Got Milk?

Peace

edit on 7-7-2012 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

i have several topics in my high profile posts, see how milk drinkers get confused eh eh

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 02:37 AM
link   
If milk turns men into little girls with wangs, does it make women like me extra feminine? Will I have a strong affinity for roses, all things shiny & glittery, dresses, make-up, useless gossip, uncontrollable urges to coddle children on sight, and be subservient & non-confrontational towards men?
Just trying to build from the "logic" here

edit on 7/7/2012 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Now I’m not one to condone violence, but there was a time when men stood up for what was right, and they didn’t back down because of the threat of some police officer on power trip hiding behind a badge. They also had the balls to discipline their children. Discipline doesn’t seem to exist anymore in adults or children.

Men! It’s time to grow a pair!
manstake.com

^^ This ^^

George Carlin was right!

Reincarnate chivalry in spite of those liberated women who get offended if you hold a door open for them. Raise your children to know what’s right and don’t ever let them get away with anything less, no matter hard it is. Make your own decisions and put away the ridiculous stereotypes. Resolve to always say what you mean, mean what you say, and don’t be a stupid prick because you had a bad day at the office.

Hence, we have a world full of idiot, whining babies that don't know a damn thing about anything and they'll screw you over any day if that means they can get 5 dollars if they complain enough. Moms that could care less and dads that just want to get away from it all, welcome to the downfall of society.
edit on 7-7-2012 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bluesma
I don't like milk products, I don't know if I am lactose intolerant, but in any case, it doesn't agree with me so I have always avoided it.

I came to this same conclusion about the hormones long ago just based on my own observations when I tried forcing myself to eat dairy for a while, and watching my husband who eats primarily dairy. He is French, so cream, milk, cheese, yogurt, is his main food normally.

I have always had a slightly androgenous body for a woman- not curvy, and naturally muscular. I also suffered acne problems, and as birth control pills with more feminine hormones would clear it up, it became clear that I have a higher level of masculine hormones.

The changes I found happening when I took the pill (getting softer, less muscle, more curves, clear skin...) all happened the same way if I started eating dairy instead of taking the pill.

When my husband goes on a diet and cuts out the dairy, his body immediately gets less fatty- which might just be chalked up to less calories- except that the first place it leaves is the breasts! As he gets older and sees the beginnings of man boobs and complains, I just remind him that if he stops drinking hormone filled milk, he won't see those grow!

very clever love you are observant, yes he could turn man boobs into muscle

hey google mms1
have you seen mms before? i have been using it for 3 years its fairdinkum
moringa oleifera for diabetes

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by OpinionatedB
reply to post by canyouhandletruth

Havent you wondered why it might be that Harvard (you know those people who own America) would like you (and all men) to quit drinking/eating something that is healthy?

I would worry more about that then about a few hormones!

more female hormones makes you more feminine its not rocket science
the government even tells the top brass not to drink it, the gov knows

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 02:50 AM
link   
First off, this blanket dairy is bad statement is to broad.
1) no hormones in goat's milk as an alternative
2) read up on weston a price and discover WHY raw milk is so good for you (among other things)
3) pasterization kills everything in the milk, and gives it a sweet flavor
4) homogenization destroys the fats and causes other issues
5) You can get milk low heat pasterized, non homogenized, and hormone free

I have a bowl of cereal or 3 almost every day when i get home (night shift). From what I hear our neighbor is jealous of our sex life (how she knows of it I am not sure) and she is a stripper

So in essence I have already disproved your theory

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by canyouhandletruth

Originally posted by jude11
First you post about ww3 and milk being the problem of men not being men. Still confused about this one. www.abovetopsecret.com...

Now it's milk...period.

Got Milk?

Peace

edit on 7-7-2012 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

i have several topics in my high profile posts, see how milk drinkers get confused eh eh

I'm only referring to two of your threads.

Who is REALLY confused?

And High Profile? Ok, that confuses me.

Got Milk?

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 03:02 AM
link   
I have to admit, this is really crappy sourcing on the author's part. Considering the prestige of the school, and the availability of the Gazette online, I'd expect something like this article to cite the source of every fact & study it mentions. But it doesn't. I personally find that kind of writing to smack of ease of manipulation, but whatever at this point. It's published.

And then there's these tidbits the OP glossed over, which look to quietly lean towards subtle or mild backtracking to me.

One compared levels of hormones and growth factors in American milk (whole, whole organic, skim milk, and UHT - ultra-high temperature - milk) to milk from Mongolia. Levels were very low in both American skim and in Mongolian milk.

But she is cautious about the implications of her studies of cancer rates and dairy consumption. For one, said Ganmaa, "milk is a food of great complexity" and contains high levels of beneficial nutrients, including calcium and vitamin D. (Mongolian children, who drink a third less dairy than their American counterparts, have low levels of vitamin D.) "The hormonal effects of milk are very new," said Ganmaa during questions from her Radcliffe audience. Until more research is done, she said, "I'd like to keep our heads low."

news.harvard.edu...

Pay attention to that first quote. Skim & the Mongolian milk have very low hormone levels. Thanks for skipping over that, OP. You deliberately mislead readers into thinking all milk registers the same, when evidently conventional skim is as good as Mongolian for low hormone levels. Way to over-hype a claim.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 03:03 AM
link   

BUt how do they make bulls then? Oh my god!! They're GMO BULLS!

BULLS*** I call.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by calstorm
This may be a problem for people who drink factory farmed milk. My family drinks raw organic milk and it is the same for cheese.

Yuck man, you drink cheese? Yeesh, gag, choke.

I hope it's at least heated first to make it runny!!

oO

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Nyiah

I completely agree that this article has been very poorly written.

As an example, the article states "Dairy, she added, accounts for 60 percent to 80 percent of estrogens consumed" which suggests that the author of the study was referring to types of estrogen, but implies strongly that she meant total amount of estrogen.

As far as I'm aware the rules haven't changed about quoting the exact headline of the source when posting in BAN. The source is about the dangers of estrogen related cancers in relation to high estrogen levels in milk, and has nothing to do with gender roles in society.

The conspiracy here is not against milk, it is against sensitive men. I still can't believe this whole 'the blurring of gender roles is the reason the world is falling apart' conspiracy. I think the strict gender roles imposed by a largely misogynistic out-dated society are part of the reason the world is falling apart. Telling men there is something wrong with feminine characteristics just perpetrates those strict gender roles, and is itself misogynistic.

And yes, for the record I am a sensitive guy and have no problem whatsoever with that. Can't say I drink a massive amount of milk either, and it hasn't made me any less sensitive. And I really don't think the world is falling apart because of guys like me.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 03:20 AM
link   

For this to have any validity you first have to define what 'manliness' is.

Well maybe not, because who has the right to define what it is to be a man?

It seems to me too many men buy into the exaggerated hollyweird version of 'man', and if you don't, or can't, live up to that then....

It's social repression, men are not trying to be themselves, they are trying to live up to a perceived media created image of what they think they're supposed to be. How many lives have been ruined because of the inability to live up to increasing heights of exception? Thank GOD for the internet haha, where men can be as manly as they want to claim...

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by OpinionatedB
I have to be honest I'm not convinced.

Most adult males drink one maybe two glasses of milk a day, many not even that. A bit of cheese here and there, cheese actually might be what a man will eat more of, but I do not see the amount to be enough to be injesting enough female hormones to loose their manliness.

You will have to offer up proof there is a serious corolation between a minimal amount of dairy products and loss of a mans manhood.

Does it matter what we eat? I thought our bodies take what it needs and disposes the rest?

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 03:23 AM
link   
spent a great deal of time on the vegan message boards.
OP the risk/reward for consumption of cow milk barely scratched the surface.
i've heard the hormone argument before but most of the data ends up inconclusive.
if you're looking for a milk fact. the "nutrition" found in cows milk is added afterwards.
soy milk is another big culprit of nutrient enrichment .

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 03:31 AM
link   
Look for "MAN MILK" (That sounds REALLY bad
) to be marketed soon to men in their 50's with low T, It'll have 10mg of Testosterone per serving. They will make it blue to pick up on the pecker pill market.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 03:40 AM
link   
Men drink more beer than milk. You want to know where the moobs come from? Here's your sign.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 03:43 AM
link   
reply to post by OpinionatedB

I've always believed that dairy should be consumed sparingly.

I've seen kids forced to drink milk everyday. I had to put up with that too. That's why it never became a habit for me. The only milk I can tolerate is the chocolate type and that's not very healthy, hence only in moderation.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 03:45 AM
link   
reply to post by ANOK

Men are expected to be a lot of things by society and now some women expect us to prune, preen and take care of our skin. All of that metrosexual crap.

If that's the case, they might as well date another woman!

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by scoobdude
First off, this blanket dairy is bad statement is to broad.
1) no hormones in goat's milk as an alternative
2) read up on weston a price and discover WHY raw milk is so good for you (among other things)
3) pasterization kills everything in the milk, and gives it a sweet flavor
4) homogenization destroys the fats and causes other issues
5) You can get milk low heat pasterized, non homogenized, and hormone free

I have a bowl of cereal or 3 almost every day when i get home (night shift). From what I hear our neighbor is jealous of our sex life (how she knows of it I am not sure) and she is a stripper

So in essence I have already disproved your theory

the points you bring up we all know about

its the hormones that you dont mention so no it dosnt disprove my theory it re-inforces my theory not to drink milk, see this is what i refer too from drinking milk lack of logic

i didnt say you wont have a sex life but what i will say is you are going to be more masculine with less female hormones = even better

more female hormones = less masculine

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join