It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is becoming like God evil?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by ACTS 2:38

Chose Jesus and live.

So all one must do is throw away all semblance of morality and try to profit from the murder of an innocent man.

And you think that that kind of immorality will save you!
How droll.

Regards
DL

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Greatest I am

How is that throwing away all morality?

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

How is that throwing away all morality?

Heaven is for moral people.
Not for those who think it good morals to profit from murder.

Regards
DL
edit on 24-7-2012 by Greatest I am because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   

And if Jesus wasn't actually "murdered", but instead was performing a great work, intentionally, and for reasons you can't seem to fathom, what then..? What if you're wrong? Would you come down off your high horse, would you be willing to reinvestigate with an open mind?

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan

And if Jesus wasn't actually "murdered", but instead was performing a great work, intentionally, and for reasons you can't seem to fathom, what then..? What if you're wrong? Would you come down off your high horse, would you be willing to reinvestigate with an open mind?

No because a moral God would always have moral ways to do things and would not havre to resort to human sacrifice.

If your God is real and demands low morals then I would prefer hell than his company.

www.youtube.com...

Better to shovel coal in hell than to spend eternity in heaven watching friends, neighbors and our children in torture and flame forever.
Only a sick mind would conceive of such a situation or wish it upon anyone. That is why God would not do such because then, heaven would be hell.
If those in heaven did not go insane then they could not have once been human or good.

You should think of hell just a bit and recognize that God would not create such an immoral construct. Lose your barbaric tribal mentality. We are in 2012, not 112.

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

Regards
DL

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   

I think you've got a big time blind spot regarding the nature and purpose of Jesus' great work. What's sad is that you'll never see it, never open up to what's really there, who's object it was to bind hell and liberate us to freely and authentically love as we are loved.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
God says that the wage of sin is death. If you sin you go to hell. Sins can only be forgiven through animal sacrifice (a goat), according to what is written in The Bible. This is called atonement. God wanted to forgive humans of all of their evil, so he sent a perfect innocent man without sin named Jesus to be tortured on a cross so that he can forgive us of our sins, and allow us to go to heaven and escape hell which he created for all sinner. If you do not believe that God did this because he loves you - and accept this as a gift, then you will be damned for eternal punish and thrown into a lake of hot boiling fire. If you are worthy enough to be in God's prescence, you get to worship him for all eternity, day and night without rest while four beast scream "holy, holy, our lord god almighty" tiredly without rest (revelations).

Now back to the original question...

The true god is existence which holds all things in it. If The Christian God exists, guess what? He is also held in this container called existence. Existence is always changing, that is its constant - its motion - its life. To become like God is to become self aware of that which is already a part of you.

When you are fully aware of God - which is flowing through you and all things - then you can become like God because you know it flows 100% through you.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

God says that the wage of sin is death. If you sin you go to hell.

I don't believe in hell. What now?

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan

I think you've got a big time blind spot regarding the nature and purpose of Jesus' great work. What's sad is that you'll never see it, never open up to what's really there, who's object it was to bind hell and liberate us to freely and authentically love as we are loved.

If you think that the lesson that the innocent should be punished and not the guilty is a great work, then you are the one with the blind spot.

Who placed man in the situation that the bible describes as man being condemned?

Would you first have us thank Jesus/God for saving us or should we first thank him for condemning us for being exactly what he created in the first place?

Regards
DL

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme
God says that the wage of sin is death. If you sin you go to hell. Sins can only be forgiven through animal sacrifice (a goat), according to what is written in The Bible. This is called atonement. God wanted to forgive humans of all of their evil, so he sent a perfect innocent man without sin named Jesus to be tortured on a cross so that he can forgive us of our sins, and allow us to go to heaven and escape hell which he created for all sinner. If you do not believe that God did this because he loves you - and accept this as a gift, then you will be damned for eternal punish and thrown into a lake of hot boiling fire. If you are worthy enough to be in God's prescence, you get to worship him for all eternity, day and night without rest while four beast scream "holy, holy, our lord god almighty" tiredly without rest (revelations).

Now back to the original question...

The true god is existence which holds all things in it. If The Christian God exists, guess what? He is also held in this container called existence. Existence is always changing, that is its constant - its motion - its life. To become like God is to become self aware of that which is already a part of you.

When you are fully aware of God - which is flowing through you and all things - then you can become like God because you know it flows 100% through you.

You have the Christian dogma about right.

As a Gnostic Christian I also have no argument with your real spiritual outlook.
You are correct as to God being in all of us. What most do not believe is that there can be communication to the Godhead.

The Godhead I know in a nutshell.
I was a skeptic till the age of 39.
I then had an apotheosis and later branded myself a Gnostic Christian naturalist.
Gnostic Christian because I exemplify this quote from William Blake.

“Both read the Bible day and night, But thou read'st black where I read white.”

This refers to how Gnostics tend to reverse, for moral reasons, what Christians see in the Bible. We tend to recognize the evil ways of O T God where literal Christians will see God’s killing as good. Christians are sheeple where Gnostic Christians are goats.
This is perhaps why we see the use of a Jesus scapegoat as immoral, while theists like to make Jesus their beast of burden. An immoral position.

During my apotheosis, something that only lasted 5 or 6 seconds, the only things of note to happen was that my paradigm of reality was confirmed and I was chastised to think more demographically. What I found was what I call a cosmic consciousness. Not a new term but one that is a close but not exact fit.

I recognize that I have no proof. That is always the way with apotheosis.
This is also why I prefer to stick to issues of morality because no one has yet been able to prove that God is real and I have no more proof than they for the cosmic consciousness.

The cosmic consciousness is not a miracle working God. He does not interfere with us save when one of us finds it. Not a common thing from what I can see. It is a part of nature and our next evolutionary step.

I tend to have more in common with atheists who ignore what they see as my delusion because our morals are basically identical. Theist tend not to like me much as I have no respect for literalists and fundamentals and think that most Christians have tribal mentalities and poor morals.

I am rather between a rock and a hard place but this I cannot help.

I am happy to be questioned on what I believe but whether or not God exists is basically irrelevant to this world for all that he does not do, and I prefer to thrash out moral issues that can actually find an end point. The search for God is never ending when you are of the Gnostic persuasion. My apotheosis basically says that I am to discard whatever God I found, God as a set of rules that is, not idol worship it but instead, raise my bar and seek further.

My apotheosis also showed me that God has no need for love, adoration or obedience. He has no needs. Man has dominion here on earth and is to be and is the supreme being.

Regards
DL

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   

reply to post by arpgme

We all get to heaven then. Right?
Or is there a heaven?

Regards
DL

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Thank him for resolving the paradox, for making a provision for a pathway to heaven where the eternal righteousness and glory of God can't compromise with sin and evil. Thank him for making a place for us in him, with him where he is at the right hand of the father. Thank him for his love and generosity. Thank him for not leaving us orphaned. Thank him for his goodness, for his love. Yes thank and praise him, it's only appropriate since HE IS THE GREATEST I AM, where no student is as great or greater than the master, unless you are the only absolutely perfect human being on earth, but if you were just like Jesus, you'd be a little nicer I would think..

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Now you are just preaching for your genocidal son murderer.
No thanks.
You go ahead and immoraly ride your scapegoat. I will not.

Regards
DL

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 06:20 AM
link   

reply to post by arpgme

My comment was not for you, then. It was for the people who believe in the bible and actually hold such beliefs.

Originally posted by Greatest I am

My apotheosis also showed me that God has no need for love, adoration or obedience. He has no needs. Man has dominion here on earth and is to be and is the supreme being.

Regards
DL

Your view makes a lot more sense. It is hard to believe that little humans on Earth has the power to control the creator of all existence's emotions. The creator of all existence should already be perfect, not depending on humans for love or happiness, that would mean that The Creator is not perfect because he is dependent on humans - which he created - for his satisfaction, when he should already have satisfaction since he is perfect.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
I have no argument against good logic and common sense.
Refreshing after trying to talk sense to Christians of the literalist or fundamental stripes.

They will hate you as much as they hate me.

Regards
DL

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

would you be willing to reinvestigate with an open mind?

Coming from the guy who doesn't listen to anything other than the Bible... right.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Yes.
It is a rather strange thing to hear from one with a closed mind.

Regards
DL

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join