It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is becoming like God evil?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Greatest I am

Originally posted by Itisnowagain
You cannot become like God. You can only realize that there is only God.

Call the bible a liar then. That is what it is as a myth.

Who is this God that you idol worship but can never emulate as scriptures tell you to do?
Name the golden calf that you have pasted your bible pages on till you think you have hidden it while the form shines through.

Regards
DL

In the bible it says to 'not make idols of me'. I worship no God, i place no authority above me (the self).
Abide as the Self:
youtu.be...
edit on 12-7-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by ACTS 2:38

I just finished having a conversation with someone who claimed that, despite the Bible stating this immortality of the soul and love of God is a gift, you must make God happy in order to receive it. More like a bargain that anything else...and yet, it is a GIFT.

Strange how the contradictions abound, isn't it?

Yes it is a free gift that you must chose no contradictions what so ever. Your soul will have immortality whether you chose Jesus as Lord and Savior or not. It is where your soul will exist for eternity that is your choice.

Let us imagine for a moment that you create an art object and this object does not fit your desire do you as the creator not have the right to judge it and even destroy it and send it to a place where no one will ever see it again.

I know this analogy is far from what God is but the idea is that God gives you the right to chose whether or not to believe in him as the Most High God who created it all and to live by his rules or not.

You may feel living by his rules does not give you a free will because you can not live the corrupt life you wish, believing that what you do does not hurt others; being willingly ignorant that as the laws of physics of every action there is an equal and opposite reaction also applies to the lives we live. These reactions may not be evident to the eye easily as we do not look for this reaction. But it is there effecting others and causing decisions that will make others to follow the same path of destruction. For misery loves company and so people try to take others down the wrong paths all the time.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Let us imagine for a moment that you create an art object and this object does not fit your desire do you as the creator not have the right to judge it and even destroy it and send it to a place where no one will ever see it again.

If I have given it free will, then I have given it the choice to do as it desires. If I wanted it to do exactly as I say, why give it free will? Is it not cruel to give a child candy, then tell them if they eat it, they will burn forever? It was a trap, specifically designed for the amusement of your god. We never had a choice. It was always serve God, or go to hell. It's the Auschwitz Principle: you have free will, but if you don't do as we say, we'll kill you...or your family.

I know this analogy is far from what God is but the idea is that God gives you the right to chose whether or not to believe in him as the Most High God who created it all and to live by his rules or not.

Serve or burn for all of eternity...that's no choice at all.

You may feel living by his rules does not give you a free will because you can not live the corrupt life you wish

Let me stop you right there. I can name five people off the top of my head that do not live strictly according to the Bible, but whom I'm fairly certain deserve a seat in heaven. Yet if they don't believe in, or follow, Jesus Christ, then they are damned?

To hell with that. If anyone should be in hell, it's your god. After all, if he were a mortal man on Earth, he would be serving multiple life sentences right now. But no...his morals are above ours, and our standards of what's right and wrong could never touch him. Tell me, how are his morals so different from ours? Can you say "double standard"?

edit on 12-7-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Why did God allow Satan access to A & E?

That bit of insanity is like putting a fox in the hen house. Right?
reply to post by Greatest I am

That question is one that can not be answer by any man ever as the only authority that is 100% true and correct is the Word of God.

And yes the authorized KJV Bible which is the English translation of the original text of Hebrew, Arabic, and Greek text is 100% correct as the word of God does tell us that

Isa.28
[11] For with stammering lips and another tongue will he speak to this people.

Which means that we do not have to know the original text to understand his word that he will speak to us in our own language.

But as to Adam and Eve they only had one simple rule do not eat from the tree in the midst of the garden life would still be good if they had never done so.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Greatest I am

Why did God allow Satan access to A & E?

That bit of insanity is like putting a fox in the hen house. Right?

Originally posted by ACTS 2:38

That question is one that can not be answer by any man ever as the only authority that is 100% true and correct is the Word of God.

Oh ho ho, but that's not what priests all over the world say. They presume to understand "God", yet they cannot answer that simple question? And yet you tell us we are wrong?

100% percent true and correct...we have to update science books and history books every few years or so to make small adjustments to snippets that are not quite correct, as we are always discovering new things. When is the last time the Bible was rewritten? It was originally written by a people who were convinced the Earth was both flat and the center of the universe.

To call it 100% true and correct is to call "See Spot Run" an autobiography.

And yes the authorized KJV Bible which is the English translation of the original text of Hebrew, Arabic, and Greek text is 100% correct as the word of God does tell us that

Correct me if I'm wrong, please, but wasn't the Bible written by the hand of men? So where does God's word come into this? We're supposed to ASSUME that they were the mouthpieces of an invisible man in the sky? That they were being truthful when they said, "I speak for the Lord, and here is what he says!"

...Seems legit.

Which means that we do not have to know the original text to understand his word that he will speak to us in our own language.

So essentially, we really have NOTHING to go on. Not even the Bible, since we don't need to understand it to have faith...right?

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Greatest I am

Why did God allow Satan access to A & E? That bit of insanity is like putting a fox in the hen house. Right? As to your last. It was not becoming a competing God. It was becoming like the God you worship so you might check your context.

To test man. If there was not another side of pureness, how could he test man to see if they would remain true to him? It's like an inventor, testing his new AI robot. He wants to make sure it works, but he also wants to see what it is capable of. So, he starts dropping in different parameters, to see what the robot will do. Same with Father, he tests man on many different levels.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

Ah, yes. But why test them if he is omniscient? That's like completing an exam after you've seen the cheat sheet. You know you've got them all right, but you still go through the motions.

Why would "God" go through the motions? What was the point? And if he knew they would be tempted, and Satan would show up and push them over the edge, why set it up at all? Theoretically, he had to have known that they would fail his supposed test. So why provide the opportunity? He could have used that chance to reprogram them or whatever.

What was the point of testing them?

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

100% percent true and correct...we have to update science books and history books every few years or so to make small adjustments to snippets that are not quite correct, as we are always discovering new things. When is the last time the Bible was rewritten? It was originally written by a people who were convinced the Earth was both flat and the center of the universe.

I see. But, when Brother returned, the truth is written on mans heart. This is why you hear more of the believers, talking about feelings and discernment. The bible has the basics, and what is needed. If you want/need more, search within, but make sure it is the "correct" spirit guiding.

Correct me if I'm wrong, please, but wasn't the Bible written by the hand of men? So where does God's word come into this? We're supposed to ASSUME that they were the mouthpieces of an invisible man in the sky? That they were being truthful when they said, "I speak for the Lord, and here is what he says!"

Sometimes the writer did not give all that was told of them to write, sometimes they mixed their own thoughts into it as well.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Ah, yes. But why test them if he is omniscient? That's like completing an exam after you've seen the cheat sheet. You know you've got them all right, but you still go through the motions.

He does it to prove to above, not self.

Why would "God" go through the motions? What was the point? And if he knew they would be tempted, and Satan would show up and push them over the edge, why set it up at all? Theoretically, he had to have known that they would fail his supposed test. So why provide the opportunity? He could have used that chance to reprogram them or whatever.

Simply put, to show above.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

Simply put, to show above.

To show above what? What's above? Are you saying there is something higher than "God"? Why would he need to show anything, to be shown anything. He would have already seen it before it ever happened, would he not? He's omniscient.

Please be specific.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   

To show above what?

He does not teach by just saying, he teaches by showing. By showing above, they will know (I can't complete that sentence)

What's above?

Heaven, the ones that came before man. What many call angels.

Are you saying there is something higher than "God"?

None is higher than Father.

He would have already seen it before it ever happened, would he not? He's omniscient.

Again, not to self, to show others.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

He does not teach by just saying, he teaches by showing. By showing above, they will know (I can't complete that sentence)

Well, that's helpful. And people wonder why we question the veracity of religion.

None is higher than Father.

Really? Yet you say "above"...above whom or what?

He would have already seen it before it ever happened, would he not? He's omniscient.

Again, not to self, to show others.

You are not answering my questions at all. You have just told me that there is none other or higher than the Father, and yet you say he wants to show others? WHAT OTHERS??? What does he want to show, his failures? What happens if you displease him?

If he's so damned determined to be served, why create a faulty species that will end up having to be punished? Why would he need to make an example for his angels if they were perfect servants? You aren't answering anything, you're just bleating your own half-a**ed understanding of a poorly written book that's over a thousand years old and uses its lack of evidence to oppose a regime that is FOUNDED on evidence before condemning every one of those evidential followers using the same book that tells mere mortals NOT TO JUDGE LEST THEE BE JUDGED!!!!

This is the world's worst joke, and I'm laughing at it. I need a drink.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Well, that's helpful. And people wonder why we question the veracity of religion.

I understand, but this is not of man. This is for above.

Really? Yet you say "above"...above whom or what?

Above the Earth. It is a term used down here when speaking of what you call heaven, because it sits above.

You have just told me that there is none other or higher than the Father, and yet you say he wants to show others? WHAT OTHERS??? What does he want to show, his failures? What happens if you displease him?

Correct. The others are the ones who dwell in heaven. (Angels, Brother, The Holy Spirits, Soldiers, Guardians, etc.) In the beginning, during the planning of man, the others gave input on to what parameters man should live by. Father agreed to it (Of course, he knew what would happen, but he wanted to show the others, the error of their ways in thinking.)

If he's so damned determined to be served, why create a faulty species that will end up having to be punished?

Reference the above.

Why would he need to make an example for his angels if they were perfect servants?

They are not perfect servants. Whomever told you of this, gave you false. Mistakes happen all the time. Only Father is perfect.

You aren't answering anything, you're just bleating your own half-a**ed understanding of a poorly written book that's over a thousand years old and uses its lack of evidence to oppose a regime that is FOUNDED on evidence before condemning every one of those evidential followers using the same book that tells mere mortals NOT TO JUDGE LEST THEE BE JUDGED!!!!

You are mistaken me with others. I do not reference this book, but I reference all that is. You would have to understand, what you see now, is the parameters others have set forth and gave to Father for man to live by, not Father. He agreed to it, so that the others will know that this was a mistake in thinking. In the end, all will be made perfect, as he sees it, not the others.

edit on 12-7-2012 by jhill76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

They are not perfect servants. Whomever told you of this, gave you false. Mistakes happen all the time. Only Father is perfect.

Then why would he create imperfect "servants"? If he had created perfect servants from the outset, as he should have (for being so "perfect") then he wouldn't need to make examples out of the rest of us.

Which means that either he was intentionally NOT perfect, or he tried to be perfect and failed. This leaves two possibilities:

1) Either we do our best to cover up his failure, or we go to hell

2) We're simply an experiment by which to educate the heavenly host, because at some point, they won't be in heaven anymore. Otherwise, what's the point in showing them?

So which one is it?

You would have to understand, what you see now, is the parameters others have set forth and gave to Father for man to live by, not Father. He agreed to it, so that the others will know that this was a mistake in thinking.

That's the first time I've heard that particular fairytale. Which gospel did you pull that out of? Come on, give me scriptures. For once, I'm asking you to use your Bible to prove it.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Then why would he create imperfect "servants"? If he had created perfect servants from the outset, as he should have (for being so "perfect") then he wouldn't need to make examples out of the rest of us.

He gave them unto their own thoughts, when this happens, not all things are perfect. You are saying should have, but that is your opinion. Why should he have? If he made everyone perfect, how could the love be true? The love needs to be learned to be true.

2) We're simply an experiment by which to educate the heavenly host, because at some point, they won't be in heaven anymore. Otherwise, what's the point in showing them?

To make them learn of their errors. By letting someone have their way for a time, they can effectively see the error of their ways. By simply saying no, we won't do it like that, how would they learn? If you keep telling a person no, it will itch at them to go their own way, this is why you have division among many.

That's the first time I've heard that particular fairytale. Which gospel did you pull that out of? Come on, give me scriptures. For once, I'm asking you to use your Bible to prove it.

You will not hear of this from any other. Only Father himself. You will not find any details about above written in scripture, because it raises too many questions, just as it has raised some with you, by me sharing it. Again, you must have me confused with another, I do not reference this from the bible.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

Why should he have? If he made everyone perfect, how could the love be true? The love needs to be learned to be true.

You're asking me? You're the one with the omnipotent god. As the Christians are always telling me "He is the almighty. He can do anything."

By letting someone have their way for a time, they can effectively see the error of their ways.

Or...they'll just figure out a way to do the wrong thing with impunity. Bigger guns and faster horses, for instance.

You will not hear of this from any other. Only Father himself. You will not find any details about above written in scripture, because it raises too many questions, just as it has raised some with you, by me sharing it. Again, you must have me confused with another, I do not reference this from the bible.

Then it is not "God"s word, it's YOUR word. Which means you are speaking in the place of "God". At least the others had the decency to be consistent with their claims. You're just being blasphemous...and not even intellectually. So where did you find this information, supposedly?

And when did they let you out of the nuthouse?

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Then it is not "God"s word, it's YOUR word. Which means you are speaking in the place of "God". At least the others had the decency to be consistent with their claims. You're just being blasphemous...and not even intellectually.

I am being blasphemous? I will let you have your opinion. They are consistent on words of man and down here. They can't speak on above, because they do not know of it. If you look at many times in the text, Paul, John, etc. was told not to write down these things down, because Father knew it would raise too many questions and cause others to doubt, because the things of above can't be easily explained in a few words.

So where did you find this information, supposedly?

By being with.

and not even intellectually

I see people are enamored when one uses buzz words or a lot of fluff. I am not one of those people. I offer, it is up to you what to decide to do with it.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

By being with.

By being with what?

I'll show you that I'm being fair by agreeing that in many ways, the Bible was written as it was because it was easier than explaining the truth. However, I find your methods highly questionable. You are vague, and that is not helpful when having an honest discussion about something so complicated.

I see people are enamored when one uses buzz words or a lot of fluff. I am not one of those people. I offer, it is up to you what to decide to do with it.

Buzz words? Fluff? I use what people call "big words" because those words describe concepts that even a handful of "little words" would not adequately describe. For instance, adequate: "good enough". Is that an "adequate" definition?

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   

I'll show you that I'm being fair by agreeing that in many ways, the Bible was written as it was because it was easier than explaining the truth. However, I find your methods highly questionable. You are vague, and that is not helpful when having an honest discussion about something so complicated.

Others can say what they want and how they want, I am bound by a different set of parameters. I am explaining it in the way I know it to be. Trying to explain this to a person that has a different viewpoint, is rather difficult. So to you, it may seem vague, but there is just too much background information to give, that will fully support what is, if that makes sense. I try to provide as much detail as possible, this is why I ask, if I am not clear, just ask.

You say my methods, but you never asked what my methods are.

By being with what?

Father

Buzz words? Fluff?

I meant trying to sound holy or intelligent, that is not of I.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

I am bound by a different set of parameters.

You're more special than the rest of us?

So to you, it may seem vague, but there is just too much background information to give, that will fully support what is, if that makes sense.

I have time to spare. I would be willing to read this background information. I'm actually quite interested in knowing what you're talking about. Maybe it will make sense to me. How am I ever to be confident in my opinions, without ever trying to listen to others? But I need details.

Father

So you've been with "God". Alright...can you describe his nature? Along with the information I've requested above, of course. Take as much time as you need to compile your response.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join