It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is becoming like God evil?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

I think hes being quite fair with you, considering the treatment he's been recieving...

For example...

And when did they let you out of the nuthouse?

How do you know hes not telling the truth?

edit on 12-7-2012 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Because he has told me something that is apparently the will of God, quite pertinent to us, and yet not in the Bible.

Quite fair? I don't think "vague" is fair. If you don't know the answer, admit it. If it isn't a fact, admit it. And if you get your information from an extraterrestrial wearing a speedo and an "I Love Elvis" t-shirt, ADMIT IT.

I like straight forward answers, not beating around the bush.
edit on 12-7-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   

You're more special than the rest of us?

How does that equate to being special? I am what I am. Many seem to think because one whom is different is special, maybe society or man has placed this attribute on what that is, but I surely do not.

So you've been with "God". Alright...can you describe his nature?

Not been, but always am. Can you ask in more specific terms, not general?

I have time to spare. I would be willing to read this background information. I'm actually quite interested in knowing what you're talking about. Maybe it will make sense to me. How am I ever to be confident in my opinions, without ever trying to listen to others? But I need details.

In the beginning, when man was created, Father asked all to give their input on what set of parameters man should live by. Each one gave their opinion, and not to leave anyone out, every idea was taken into account. Father knew some things weren't going to work out, from the ideas given. But, he allowed it anyway, so that the "angels" would understand, that some ideas were not good ones. But, Father doesn't deal in good or bad, just it is.

In doing so, some have started to understand, the current way of things as they stand, are not what should be, they only came to this realization by seeing it in action, not by Father just saying hey, this is how it's going to be. Father likes everyone to learn, even Satan has to learn.

So, you can draw the conclusion that man is just an experiment, by what information you are given, but can the same be said for above? Are the angels just one big experiment as well? What is the end game for Father, total perfectness by making it perfect? Or, total perfectness by ones learning to be perfect?
edit on 12-7-2012 by jhill76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   

I believe the best way to find the truth is to experience it first hand... no?

The bible isn't the answer to all things... and not everything is written there in...

And that IS actually in the bible...

25 And there are also many other things which Jesus did, the which, if they should be written every one, I suppose that even the world itself could not contain the books that should be written. Amen.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Quite fair? I don't think "vague" is fair. If you don't know the answer, admit it. If it isn't a fact, admit it. And if you get your information from an extraterrestrial wearing a speedo and an "I Love Elvis" t-shirt, ADMIT IT.

But, these are not all the answers. I do not receive my answers from anyone. Unlike others, who receive theirs answers from a book, and try to speak on God, or pastors who give the information to the receiver. You are only thinking in those terms, think along a different line, and the answer will become apparent to you.

You see why Jesus said this: “If I alone testify about Myself, My testimony is not true. 32“There is another who testifies of Me, and I know that the testimony which He gives about Me is true.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

Then what answers can you give me? If you can't clearly explain your viewpoint and how you know what you claim to know, and how you reached this understanding, I don't know why you're on this thread.

Please explain in detail.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Then what answers can you give me?

Ask specific answers and I will give. I said these are not all the answers when you stated this: (Meaning, there are more answers than just the ones who you gave)

If you don't know the answer, admit it. If it isn't a fact, admit it. And if you get your information from an extraterrestrial wearing a speedo and an "I Love Elvis" t-shirt, ADMIT IT.

If you can't clearly explain your viewpoint and how you know what you claim to know, and how you reached this understanding, I don't know why you're on this thread.

I know of all these things because I observe, watch, and experience all through time. I have given my answers, I do not know how you want me to convey them to you. If you need me to clarify a point, quote the point, then ask your follow-up question. That would be easier than saying I am vague, or not clear enough.

I didn't know you, get to dictate who comes into a thread, you can always choose not to click on the reply button. The conversation will then cease.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by Greatest I am

Where do morals come from?
Do they not come from interactions between those of the same species?

Morals come from our understanding of what we should or should not do. It isn't even restricted to members of the same species, because at this point, we are the only ones who have morals AS A FACT (so to speak). And it isn't even fact...we're still arguing about it in Cabinet meetings and Congressional gatherings.

In the end, morals are an expression of what makes us feel comfortable and what makes us feel terrible. Morals are the emotional plumbob of detecting radiation. There is no exact guidebook...that's why morals aren't called laws. Otherwise, we wouldn't call it our "moral compass", we'd call it our "legal guide".

For instance, where do lions learn how to act around lions and who or what is a lions God?
It will be other lions. Right?

Respect for each other's survival. If one lion doesn't respect another's survival, its own survival is put at risk. And no, lions have no gods. In all truth, humans are the only creature to ever have a god. That is because we are the only creature to ever seek another meaning besides survival. Lions don't care where they came from, or where they're going. They get hungry, they eat. They have to relieve themselves, they find a bush or a patch of grass. They get horny, they mate. If they get tired, they sleep. Life is simple for them. If there is one issue that is common to all humans, it's that we overcomplicate our lives. And this may, in fact, be a subconscious desire to create meaning...and we eventually go overboard with it. When we want something, we don't do it halfway.

The same with any animal. They learn how they should act by acting within their group. Right?

One of the most basic biological processes in the animal kingdom. It does nothing to prove morals. Instead it proves that we learn what is expected of us by watching others around us.

Are you suggesting that morals are created by societal standard? Or is societal standard molded by our personal morality? There's a question for you.

Now. God is said to be only one of his kind.

Many things are said about God, and they all contradict one another if you look too closely. That is why we stick to mantras instead of in-depth discussions...repetition is less revealing than critical thinking skills.

Where did he learn his morals? Why would he even need to develop morals being all alone and especially, where did he learn how corporeal man should act and be when he is not even corporeal?

First, I would suggest you let go of all your preconceptions regarding this "God" person, because in presuming to know anything about him, you presume to know something that is infinite in nature, which is simply impossible for a human being.

Second, I view "God" as one simple thing: love. Love is a good word for Source. Love is understanding, and understanding breeds awareness. And awareness is one of the key characteristics of Source. And love will, at all times, refrain from harming anything unless absolutely necessary. A good philosophy, yes? And therefore an excellent source of morals.

Does that answer you?

edit on 11-7-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-7-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

We do not use language the same way but we are on the same page.

"One of the most basic biological processes in the animal kingdom. It does nothing to prove morals. Instead it proves that we learn what is expected of us by watching others around us."

Which, as I said, is why a God could not have developed morals. The morals all the Gods show is whatever man put in their mouths. We are the source. What you call the source is nature and evolution.
Our morality is hard wired into our genes.

www.ctvnews.ca...

Other animals have the same instincts. We do not call what they have morals but their actions are guided the same way ours are.
-------------------------------

"Are you suggesting that morals are created by societal standard?"

Mostly yes. I agree with you on this from what you said in the first quote I used.
I also showed that we have morals even as babies so there is more than one source. It is not all learned.
We learn how to do evil when we learn to compete. This creates a loser and he would think that evil has been done. We cannot stop doing all evils. It contributes to our survival and without it we would likely go extinct.

-----------------------------
" Or is societal standard molded by our personal morality? There's a question for you."

I think I covered this above. Both.

Regards
DL

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan

Jesus was one with the father in spirit who willingly gave himself as a final sacrifice, reconciling the problem of human evil and resolving the paradox of the karmic wheel. You've not only judged God but you've totally misunderstood him and his intentionality from his own perspective. Don't assume, it doesn't look good, and you don't look too good from the tone and spirit of your posts. That you then have the audacity after declaring every facet of the Biblical God "evil", to call yourself "the Greatest I am" is absurd, ridiculous and more than a little arrogant and highly distasteful. That's right, I don't think you yourself are a very likeable or lovable person in your self righteous indignation, and presumptuousness. God OTOH still loves you in spite of this rather distasteful aspect of your character, lucky you, that he died to cover your sins as well regardless of what you think or believe.

edit on 11-7-2012 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

www.youtube.com...

If you really believe your fantasy, then when God sees you trying to profit from the murder ofr an innocent man, he will quickly drop you in hell.

Human sacrifice is immoral and rants like yours do not justify #.
They just show that you cannot justify it.

Regards
DL

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan

There is no hell in Christ who obliterated hell. His was (and is) an unconditional love,

edit on 11-7-2012 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

Hmm. Strange how unconditional love sends those it love to torture in hell.
Nice love that. Not.

Rants and idiocies. Is that all you have to support your myth and fantasies?

Regards
DL

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench

When the word "elohim" was used, some say it was in reference to the supposition that there were Three and One in the Beginning.

"Elohim" in Hebrew means "mighty ones" and "master of masters," I am told.

The word is identical to the usual plural of el meaning gods or magistrates, and is cognate to the 'l-h-m found in Ugaritic, where it is used for the pantheon of Canaanite Gods, the children of El and conventionally vocalized as "Elohim" even though this is a speculation as Ugaritic as a consonantal written language only recorded consonants. Most use of the term Elohim in the later Hebrew text imply a view that is at least monolatrist at the time of writing, and such usage (in the singular), as a proper title for the supreme deity, is generally not considered to be synonymous with the term elohim, "gods" (plural, simple noun). Hebrew grammar allows for this nominally-plural form to mean "He is the Power (singular) over powers (plural)", or roughly, "God of gods". Rabbinic scholar Maimonides wrote that the various other usages are commonly understood to be homonyms. The plural form ending in -im can also be understood as denoting abstraction, as in the Hebrew words chayyim ("life") or betulim ("virginity"). If understood this way, Elohim means "divinity" or "deity".
source

Most theologians know that the Trinity doctrine is not scriptural. Because the Trinity is such an important part of later Christian doctrine, it is striking that the term does not appear in the New Testament, not even once, and yet Christians crow this at every opportunity. Historians also know that the Trinity doctrine is not authorized in the New Testament. There is no evidence whatsoever that the Apostles of Jesus ever heard of a Trinity.

Now a lot of Pagan Religions had a trinity of Gods. But Christianity didn't steal anything from the Pagans, did they?

This shows an androgynous nature of God --- in our image male and female--- and that elohim is a composite name to express this.

www.youtube.com...

Look at about the 10 minut mark.

Regards
DL

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain

Originally posted by Greatest I am

Originally posted by Itisnowagain
You cannot become like God. You can only realize that there is only God.

Call the bible a liar then. That is what it is as a myth.

Who is this God that you idol worship but can never emulate as scriptures tell you to do?
Name the golden calf that you have pasted your bible pages on till you think you have hidden it while the form shines through.

Regards
DL

In the bible it says to 'not make idols of me'. I worship no God, i place no authority above me (the self).
Abide as the Self:
youtu.be...
edit on 12-7-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

As a Gnostic Christian, I see we are on the same page. To us, man is supreme as we follow the God within.

Just do not forget that we are somewhere on Jacob's ladder and always seeking to go further. We are all God WIP's. Works in progress.

Did you have an apotheosis as I did in finding the cosmic consciousness or is your theology just from your own thinking?

Regards
DL

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by ACTS 2:38

Why did God allow Satan access to A & E?

That bit of insanity is like putting a fox in the hen house. Right?

That question is one that can not be answer by any man ever as the only authority that is 100% true and correct is the Word of God.

And yes the authorized KJV Bible which is the English translation of the original text of Hebrew, Arabic, and Greek text is 100% correct as the word of God does tell us that

Isa.28
[11] For with stammering lips and another tongue will he speak to this people.

Which means that we do not have to know the original text to understand his word that he will speak to us in our own language.

But as to Adam and Eve they only had one simple rule do not eat from the tree in the midst of the garden life would still be good if they had never done so.

I see. So man would be better off being as dumb as cows and never developing a moral sense.

Ok.

It was God's plan from the beginning to have Adam and Eve eat the forbidden fruit. This can be demonstrated by the fact that the bible says that Jesus "was crucified from the foundations of the Earth," that is to say, God planned to crucify Jesus as atonement for sin before he even created human beings or God damned sin.

If God had not intended humans to sin from the beginning, why did he build into the Creation this "solution" for sin? Why create a solution for a problem you do not anticipate?

God knew that the moment he said "don't eat from that tree," the die was cast. The eating was inevitable. Eve was merely following the plan.

This then begs the question.

What kind of God would plan and execute the murder of his own son when there was absolutely no need to?

Only an insane God. That’s who.

The cornerstone of Christianity is human sacrifice, thus showing it‘s immorality.

One of Christianity's highest form of immorality is what they have done to women.
They have denied them equality and subjugated them to men.

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

Regards
DL

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by jhill76

Why did God allow Satan access to A & E? That bit of insanity is like putting a fox in the hen house. Right? As to your last. It was not becoming a competing God. It was becoming like the God you worship so you might check your context.

To test man. If there was not another side of pureness, how could he test man to see if they would remain true to him? It's like an inventor, testing his new AI robot. He wants to make sure it works, but he also wants to see what it is capable of. So, he starts dropping in different parameters, to see what the robot will do. Same with Father, he tests man on many different levels.

An all knowing God needs to test us to know something he already knows. Ok.
If there is a test at work then Christians are failing it as they try to take advantage of God immorally having his son murdered.

God loves the evil ones more than the good because he is the greatest sinner.
This love of sinners is the hinge pin on which his benevolent qualities depend and without evil and sin, God could never expressed his benevolence and we would never know of God’s mercy, forgiveness, compassion and all his other positive attributes. Love, like faith, can only be expressed by actions and for God to show his love of sinners and his other positive attributes, evil, sin and sinners must exist to receive this love.

Before the earth was formed, God planned to have Jesus sacrificed, murdered in fact, for those of us who are sinners. That is all of us. Jesus’ sacrifice was to be God’s example of the greatest evil and sin from the point of view of all who are wise. It shows our greatest loss and evil if we were to do as God did. Those of us who are evil without knowing good will try to profit from this greatest evil. We are to venerate life. Not take it or try to profit from its death. Though shalt not kill or try to profit from it.

As above so below.

The fact that God created evil and sin is a given. He created all that is to those who believe he exists. He decides what is evil or not and therefore sets this as our standard. It is a human standard. God is man.

Have you forgotten that you are to be a God by emulating your heavenly father?
Sin by the thought of having your child killed or profiting from someone else’s doing so and repent as God did.

All fathers or parent will know that the greatest evil he can experience is to have his children die before he does. Having them killed is the greatest sin that any entity can do. Including God himself. As the Alpha, God knew he had to do this to also be the Omega. That is a part of the full standard of good and evil as declared by God as the law maker.

This shows that he loves sinners more than those of us who are supposedly good. Think of the prodigal son myth here. Those who know their evil ways will know this. Those who do not will think they are good and will accept this greatest evil for their salvation. A completely immoral act by all moral standards as set by God and man.

blog.ted.com...

God planned to have Adam and Eve expelled from the Garden of Eden and placed his beloved Satan near the tree of knowledge to insure that mankind ate of it. To make sure of this, God gave Satan the power to deceive all of us including Adam and Eve. As history shows, his plan was a great success. Dominion over the earth was Satan’s reward and gift from God for aiding in this great success. Evil is our lord and God as shown by God’s actions. Satan is not real of course but as the personification of evil, rules us. That is scripture.

The great value of sinners is that we set the standards for the good. Without us, we would all be living in what we would call hell instead of the paradise that we have created thanks to sin and the evils we do. This maintains the perfection of all that is. This explains why God loves the sinner and hates the sin and this is also why we are rewarded with the eternal paradise of hell. Remember that fire, in the beginning, was prized as the greatest purifying force known to us. It still is. Evolution and creation began in the fires of the big bang.

Martin Luther, A Gnostic Christian and founder of the Protestant movement may, have been aware of this. He said, “Be a sinner and sin strongly, but more strongly have faith and rejoice in Christ.” In this though we must remember what Jesus said. That to think of sin is to do it and hopefully learn morals from the experience. We are to sin that way and not do the actual act. There should not be a need to do so.

I invite you to follow the bible advice ---- 1 Thessalonians. 5:21; “Test all things".
If you will only give a dogmatic kneejerk denial of this theory then please ignore this post.

Please test the logic of what I have written even as it goes against you dogma and traditional thinking. God is good but just not the God you think he is. The root of all religions is the Great Arcanum and this theory fit’s it perfectly in my opinion.

www.sacred-sex.org...

www.youtube.com...

Offsprings and their great value are the driving force of all religions. Those who would profit from the murder or sacrifice of the offspring, archetypal Jesus, are knowing evil without knowing good and are thus evil in their hearts.

Christians. Most of you are basically good. Please stop doing evil and sinning in your thoughts of profiting from God’s sacrifice and murder of his innocent son. You are missing the moral of the myth and calling evil good. This thinking will send you to hell.

Regards
DL

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Christians. Most of you are basically good. Please stop doing evil and sinning in your thoughts of profiting from God’s sacrifice and murder of his innocent son. You are missing the moral of the myth and calling evil good. This thinking will send you to hell.

That's all good, except there are certain versions of the Bible that barely even mention hell, let alone tell us we'll go there if we don't behave. My personal belief is that any hell that does, or ever did, or ever will, exist was created by us, and us alone. Every man has his own personal hell that he constructed, and the rules of it are a lot more complicated than anyone imagined.

I'm a little confused, in fact: you pretty much accused the entire faith of falsehood, then use their own beliefs to condemn them? How does that work?
edit on 13-7-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

Research every single symbol, concept, and belief from the Christian faith, and check where it came from. Check, double check, and triple check.

Then tell me that Christians never took anything from the pagan faiths, most of which existed before Jesus was born and were destroyed within a couple hundred years of his death, because they were viewed as competition in the spiritual popularity contest. The sun disk, the cross, the holy trinity, the virgin birth, the resurrection, the horned god...

www.newsrealblog.com...

secretarcana.com...

See what happened here? And you say the Christians never stole anything...

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

That's all good, except there are certain versions of the Bible that barely even mention hell, let alone tell us we'll go there if we don't behave. My personal belief is that any hell that does, or ever did, or ever will, exist was created by us, and us alone. Every man has his own personal hell that he constructed, and the rules of it are a lot more complicated than anyone imagined.

I'm a little confused, in fact: you pretty much accused the entire faith of falsehood, then use their own beliefs to condemn them? How does that work?

I condemn Christians thinking that God would do the most immoral thing possible and for trying to profit from the murder of an innocent man.

I condemn Christian thinking because they do not recognize that the gateway to heaven is hell.

Jesus went to hell. We all must follow for purification.

Matthew 10:38
And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me.

As I said, Christians do not recognize the true moral of the myth.

The Christian way of thinking only has a few of those God loves reaching heaven. The true way is that we all get there but like Jesus, must carry our cross through it and come out in heaven not with a cross but with an ankh.

2 Peter 3:9
The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

Regards
DL

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Oh ho ho, but that's not what priests all over the world say. They presume to understand "God", yet they cannot answer that simple question? And yet you tell us we are wrong?

First off I am not Catholic so I really do not care what the priest all over the world say secondly if they can not back up with scripture what they claim they are liars.

Thirdly you make claim that I said you were wrong, when if any thing should you that you were wrong it would be the word of God.

Just as many believe what they are told in the media as factual and they run and parrot it to others because they do not search out the truth so are those that do that to the Word of God as they are agents of the devil that father of all lies.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   

If I have given it free will, then I have given it the choice to do as it desires. If I wanted it to do exactly as I say, why give it free will? Is it not cruel to give a child candy, then tell them if they eat it, they will burn forever? It was a trap, specifically designed for the amusement of your god. We never had a choice. It was always serve God, or go to hell. It's the Auschwitz Principle: you have free will, but if you don't do as we say, we'll kill you...or your family.

Serve or burn for eternity is what you claimed and yes it is that simple, you can live your whole life upon this earth doing all transgression and iniquity against God whose name is Jesus and your fellow man till your hearts content.

Your sins do have a equal reaction what you do in your house is not private you had to get the things you do from somewhere.

Boozing ones life away creates work that supplies stores which in turns puts it before children's eyes which in turn gets them to drink. Why many have helped by supplying instead of stopping. But misery does love company.

God created us for his enjoyment and wishes no one to go to hell, it was not created for man, but hell has expanded to take in all the extras that do not wish to follow.

Do you go to the satanist sites and bash there belief as they do know there is a God they just do not wish to serve him they prefer the wiles of sin and lust for power over others killing, stealing and lying all the way.
Oh but that is the life style choice that sound good so most likely not.

Life living for Jesus is not a dull life it is harder then ones thinks but that is probably what turns away the weak as they want for easy and mindless.

Chose Jesus and live.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by ACTS 2:38

if they can not back up with scripture what they claim they are liars.

What if science contradicts scripture? What is psychological science proves scripture to be illogical? Will you follow an insane king?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join