It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Al-Qaida linked fighters destroy 'end of the world' gate in Timbuktu

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
This is not the first time extremist muslims have destroyed both sufi and buddhist monuments in Pakistan and India if I'm not mistaken.

They attack the only moderate and enlightened branch of their own devilish abrahamic religion.......

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Dizrael

in those cases a world was born.

how in the world could any reasonable human being ever conclude that is what i meant?

do you guys do this on purpose?

does the legend outline the reason the gate would be opened in any case?

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pirateofpsychonautics
reply to post by Wide-Eyes

And why would islamists desecrate a mosque?

Classic iconoclasm, when one sect of a religion has different views than another, they will be just as vicious, if not more so in destroying the other sect's symbols as they would do to another religion. It's happened in Christianity too...a lot.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by michaelbrux

WTF are you talking about? Or, are you just messing with people?

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
How long has that temple been closed?

I'll bet the "legend" says last days, not last day. Prophecies don't specify a given day (except on the inter web). Every religion regardless of origins or sect has its own. All yall that hate on Islam are mostly christian is my guess. Doesn't your own "legend" hold that religion is corrupt? Didn't Jesus challenge the church in his day, rebuking the clergy and trashing them? Did he not say, "See this temple? No stone shall be unturned."

Are not all the worlds organized religions corrupt? Mere shells of their former selves? So what is the problem?

I hope its true. Our world, not "the" world is thru. Isn't' that what everyone on ATS is hoping for?

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by mahon

i'm never messing with people.

i'm trying to tell you that the full description and explanation of the world you live in assuming its the United States...is contained within your local county courthouse.

if you want a link to verifiable and factual information concerning what I said, you'll have to go to Cook County. its all there.

its weird that people go to the Bible which contains extensive information concerning genealogies and marriages but ignore the actual place where all the information is preserved pertaining to oneself.

its sort of like reading a cookbook and committing the whole thing to memory but never actually cooking any food.

what's happening in Timbuktu is a divorce proceeding. a woman who became estranged from her parents and gave all she had to a man, is standing by watching while he destroys everything they'd built together over 600 years.

the man, Ansar Dine, has screwed over every ally he has and is surrounded on all sides by his enemies; which include the Government of Mali, the Taureg's and the International Community. Even still this is all just a symbol of a much larger reality, which is quickly coming to a head.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
i haven't even touched upon the identity of the man in the tomb. but i'll do it know.

he's the man that died so those two could be together. this is the thing about churches...they are often built over the bodies of a dead man...Cain built the first one.

it certainly is the end of their world. but Ansar Dine is blind in one eye and cannot see that he himself brought the legend to a climax; while at the same time he denies it.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Well, good thing I live in Cook County. Now, why would any of this information be there? Oh and hello neighbor!

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Yes, please provide the link. Thank you.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Micheal,

thank you so much for your different perspective ... wow just wow .. I'd never thought of things in the way you've described..I feel "expanded" for loss of a better description.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
It is with horror when such news broke, more so over the Sidi Yabya mosque.

The Sulfis are a mystical group of Islamists. They were the throwback of our modern era, when science was considered magic. But their brand of 'magic' had been lost over time, rightfully so, for mankind had shown little or even no respect for greater powers, such as the debacle of nukes in our current world.

That location was sanctified by those mystics of unknown powers then. No mortal would have expected that far flung location be desecreted, let alone even known.

There are 'elements' within that site that when unleashed at the end of world, it was meant to destroy all humankind, to allow them a merciful end than the prolong suffering that would entail for the remnants that have yet to end their lives.

It had been unleashed now, by a radical group that thinks itself above all humanity and makes decisions as they please. Reminds me of the movie Promethus, whereby the captain of the Earth vessel decided to ram the Engineer's ship, under flawed intelligence, in a belief that they were going to contaminate Earth.

It only made things worse, as in the end, that ship and the engineer survived, only to be turned into a Xenomorph, which ultimately will truly result the contamination of Earth as it seeks human hosts to metamorphasize.

Point is, we humans tend to create more problems when we presumed with our flawed knowledge of the past to perform actions that we are doing the right thing now, when it may actually be the reverse with unintended consequences. That terrorist group Ansar Dine made that mistake, and sought to pay the locals a hundred bucks to rebuild those walls..but ..its too late.

May each human treasure and cherish each day with their loved ones as the last. As to how true that purpose had been, only the faithfuls know.

And the faithfuls do have much to do now. Our common Creator, known by many names across geological barriers, time and space, such as Allah, is compassionate and merciful. He cares nothing for the grandious delusions of man-made structures or the severely limited knowledge of humankind, for He lives in our hearts and not in those fanciful illusions.

But what Ansar Dine had unleashed upon the world, only our Creator can remove it. It will not be by prayers or fastings that the faithfuls will be heard, but rather, what we mankind will do for each other in the next few days, to earn our reprieve, to prove we are worth saving, and are not barbaric beasts worthy only of destruction.

edit on 3-7-2012 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
so was that ment to be some sort of symbolic message by destroying it?

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by mahon

if you are from Cook County or Married/Divoced in Cook County or your children or parents are from Cook County...every document pertaining these events is kept by the county...its what your tax dollars pay for.

my docs are split between Cook and Lake...I could write an explanation of the last 40 years of History based upon them and it will be more or less a correct enough interpretation to conduct a pretty successful defense boutique.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by AliceBlackman

thanks for that...i think its most important to understand the story than just to have a debate about how much this group over that group.

these are human stories and very real and unavoidable.

humans are more than meat and our stories pass through time far beyond our own lives.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

its chock full of symbolism.

i think the dead man who's tomb is being destroyed is the man that had to die in order for the man who is destroying the tomb and the woman crying over its destruction to be together.

on the other side of the gate is not paradise, but a brick wall.

the man that died seems to be the Taureg, possibly. I won't commit to that right away. but he was betrayed by his Ansar Dine concerning the woman. Either way...he's right outside the city and preparing for War as I write.

in the woman's quest for power, she betrayed her parents, the Government of Mali.

all is laid bare and the attempt to destroy the evidence of the crime has failed.

but it does make for interesting reading.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pirateofpsychonautics
reply to post by Wide-Eyes

And why would islamists desecrate a mosque?

Are you serious? Islamic extremists have been desecrating mosques for decades now. It's almost a daily occurrence.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Why would Islamists destroy a mosque you ask?

Easy answer: They wouldn't.

Those weren't real Islamists...

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Ashertron

damn right!..i think its the time of the anti-christ.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Why are you always so vague...?

You often talk about things i'd like to read up about (being honest here, actual interest) but you never give references or links :/

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Romekje

I'm not being vague. I'm saying that we are creating reality by our own actions. our actions that involve a contract or legal component are stronger than casual agreements.

every part of all of our lives where the law was involved changed reality and contributed to the creation of a new reality, the reality we all live in.

i was going to attempt and give examples, but that would quickly lead to accusations of being judgmental concerning the decisions people have made. that's not my intention, but only to say that the 3,033 county governments in the USA contain a full description and explanation of reality in the USA;

when people endlessly make accusations that a law that was passed by the Federal Government is Unconstitutional...if this is the case, its because a legally enforceable, possibly the result of a contract, arrangement was implemented by enough individual citizens to enable the situation to emerge in the first place.

if you've seen the threads I start, i've been watching the events in Mali somewhat closely and while I tried to get a dialogue going back in March, I didn't really know how the event would unfold.

The reason Ansar Dine, which is Taureg, ended up in control of the cities in northern Mali over the other Taureg group was an issue of Law, not military strength. The reason the government of Mali fled those cities without a fight is because they had no authority to withstand the forces that had descended upon them; Law being preeminent over guns in every case. this is at least the case for people that don't want to die as criminals.

the woman that controls Timbuktu is beholden to her husband, which is Ansar Dine.

that woman is now watching as her husband destroys the world they built...he's divorcing her or she is about to leave him...either way.

the Land of Nod is very real...i don't know how to be clearer than this...

sometimes people have to be wandering in the wilderness for awhile before they understand.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join