It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Sun Is Much Smaller And A Lot Closer Than We Are Misled To Believe

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by blocula
reply to post by InLightTend

With many billions of stars of all sizes and ages all around us all the time,only a few thousand of them have light thats able to reach us?...no way...the night sky should be illuminated more or less like day,aglow with the light of billions of stars...but its not...so either stars have the amazing abilty to decide amongst themselves which ones light will reach us and which ones light will not...or its all a fantastic holographic illusion...

Because space is constantly expanding, the stars are slowly moving away from us. It also takes longer for light to travel from stars that are billions of light years away which hasn't reached us yet and may never.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

(The sun is 150 kilometers away)

So where did you get your theory from for the third time?

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001
reply to post by blocula

Something,or someone,wants humanity to feel helplessly trapped and hopelessly small

I agree. It's the people who claim that humans were not capable of going to the Moon as early as the 1960s.
Going to the moon a few times (supposedly) a long time ago and then never returning after forty years, despite great leaps and bounds in our technology,is surely an impending sign and a dire warning for us all that we are indeed trapped here on earth for at least many hundreds of years into the future and our perpetually incessant,greed driven mentality and our relentlessly genocidal,war mongering ways will most likely ensure us that humanity never really goes anywhere else but down...
edit on 1-7-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

Well, can only agree with you on this one!

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   

reply to post by InLightTend

With many billions of stars of all sizes and ages all around us all the time,only a few thousand of them have light thats able to reach us?

no way...

the night sky should be illuminated more or less like day,aglow with the light from billions of stars,but its not,it never is...

so either stars have the amazing abilty to decide amongst themselves which ones light will reach us and which ones light will not...
No bloc listen it is
Because the sun provides so much light that the light from distant stars can't be seen.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Where did you get this theory from, answer my question please ?

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   

With many billions of stars of all sizes and ages all around us all the time,only a few thousand of them have light thats able to reach us?

Just because a sun produces light doesn't mean we'll be able to see it. We can see the light from around 6,000 stars. As light travels, it becomes more diffuse - eventually, it is so dim, we simply can't make it out. You seem to just have a lack of understanding of how light works, how vision works, and how light spreads out over a distance.

Apparently you have never done astrophotography. You could point a telescope with an attached camera at what appears to your eye to be a blank black space. But if you track a known object and allow enough photons to enter the telescope / develop on the film, then you can see nebula and galaxies and all the rest. In your mind, we should be able to see all these galaxies simply by looking up. But that's not how it works.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
The Sun's distance cannot be measured by radar, however it was used to measure Venus at a place in it's orbit down to the resolution of a few meters.

Then, because the speed of light is known precisely,
Earth-Sun Distance = (Earth-Venus Distance) / (Cos q)

Using trigonometry, astronomers now know that the “Astronomical Unit” = 92,955,820.5 miles (149,597,892 kilometers, which is the average of all of the Sun's distances to Earth because of it's eliptical orbit).

So consider yourself debunked, less you think that all of mankind's invention, that need to know the speed of light accurately, are all bogus as well, particularly the internet that you typed this crazy theory into.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by denver22
reply to post by blocula

From many years of reading hundreds of non fiction books and many years of off the wall,way outside out of the box thinking and from trying to look at the sun and feeling its too close for comfort heat and realizing its too close for comfort distance...

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Like it or not,believe it or not,malevolently designed illusions,a holographic curtain of stars we call outer space, has been intentionally wrapped around our world and purposefully injected into our minds,deceiving us and keeping us as far away from the brutal truth as possible,meant to ensure we never discover where we actually are,never find out whats really being done to us and never know whos doing it...

Do you work for the Catholic church?

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by fleabit

Light from thousands of stars of all ages and from all distances are not diffused and is able to reach us all the time,but billions of other stars light just,doesnt reach us?

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
The Holographic Universe Michael Talbot > quanta-gaia.org...

The author of that amazing book died in 1992,at the age of 38,only a year after it was published...

Hmmmm,was he too close to the truth?

Michael talbot > en.wikipedia.org...(author)

Holonomic Brain Theory > en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   

reply to post by karen61057

Rest assured,the suns really up there,but its much smaller and a lot closer than we are misled to believe, perhaps only a few thousand miles away and a few hundred miles across?

There is the issue, posters trying to explain don't believe what they are told or studied they understand it to be fact.

I understand your point of view, but to try and change what is you will need to go into a lot, a hell of lot more detail to explain your position, some mathematics explaining your stance if verified would be the breakthrough required to become a Type 1 Civilization.

So lets have it Bloc,

Your getting close to universal truth because a number of your threads point to the idea of Matrix style of reality, a simulation of some sort. If you could unify your thoughts and express them coherently so that they can verified you might experience what it is to be what many believe to be GOD.

link   
Well actually I have proof that the sun is smaller than my thumb...just hold yours up and it will block it out....100% proof...

link   

Originally posted by denver22
reply to post by blocula

From many tears of reading and many years of the wall,way outside out of the box thinking and from trying to look at the sun and feeling its too close for comfort heat and realizing its too close for comfort distance...

Too close for comfort?

It's just right actually, just a bit closer and we'd end up like Venus or Mercury.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I think you're part of the conspiracy...

Conspiracy perpetrated by the elites, the greys, the reptilians, and interdimensional beings over hundreds of years, to convince us of things that are obviously rediculous, disproven by years of ACTUAL science, and with the intent to dumb down the human race so we'll be easier to take over...

On a more serious note, how do you even know the sun exists? How do you know you exist? Do you know that I exist? Maybe I (along with everyone else on this forum), and the sun are just figments of your etheral imagination creating a "world" to live in that is populated by different areas of your obviously crazy psyche...

But I truly think you have some trust issues that need to be worked out with a Psychiatrist...

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Actually, the OP has a point ... about orbits, gravity and the sun.

And one more thing, and I love this part the most of all ... IFF there was a BIG BANG, then we are exactly the same size universe as the dot, that exploded. We can be, neither bigger or smaller.

It only leaves one alternative, and that is that distance is not what it seems ... on this part, I agree with the OP. But that is on the premises, that there was some sort of BIG BANG.
edit on 1/7/2012 by bjarneorn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

Hey buddy long time no see.

I think bloc looking at the sun has blinded him from seeing reality.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by bjarneorn
IFF there was a BIG BANG, then we are exactly the same size universe as the dot, that exploded. We can be, neither bigger or smaller.

It only leaves one alternative, and that is that distance is not what it seems ... on this part, I agree with the OP.

edit on 1/7/2012 by bjarneorn because: (no reason given)

That's one thing that Men In Black got right. The universe could be tiny, and we'd never know it because of our perspective. An insect thinks that it flies dozens of miles, but to us, it's a few feet. It's all about perspective.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   

From many years of reading hundreds of non fiction books

That joke was terrible bloc.
Looking at the sun has blinded you from the truth and reality.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero

Like it or not,believe it or not,malevolently designed illusions,a holographic curtain of stars we call outer space, has been intentionally wrapped around our world and purposefully injected into our minds,deceiving us and keeping us as far away from the brutal truth as possible,meant to ensure we never discover where we actually are,never find out whats really being done to us and never know whos doing it...

Do you work for the Catholic church?
I havent been inside our protestant church for about twenty five years now and i have no plans of returning ever again,because any and all organized religions are built upon foundations that are bathed in the tears and blood of untold numbers of innocent victims,they have dragged humanity down into the bottomless abyss of fear and hate,they have doomed and annihilated innumearable millions of people to barbaric,untimely deaths and they have warped,twisted and stunted the growth of human civilization by at least two thousand years...

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join