It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Sun Is Much Smaller And A Lot Closer Than We Are Misled To Believe

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I 've just about caught up with the thread, and I have noticed a few things about some of the posters that should be addressed. There are those of you that have not judged, belittled, or criticized the OP for his opinions, and instead, have addressed his questions with friendly science. You guys are invaluable, and your patience and compassion is often the only glue that holds some of these discussions together.

I completely understand the frustration, and the urge to jump on him/her and crack jokes about how silly it sounds. I do not agree with anything he presented scientifically, but I commend his/her imagination, and I'd rather the question/supposition be asked, than completely disregarded. Many of you are providing the OP with excellent sources of information, and if he chooses to ignore it, that's his/her choice.

I guess what I'm getting at is; regardless of the age, intellect, beliefs, or mental state of the OP, you should treat him or her as you might a child in school. Would you dare want someone belittiling and mocking your kid were they in a special-ed class? As I said, I sometimes have the urge to violently shake my own opinions, or knowledge into others, but doing it in a hostile, or degrading way serves no purpose other than to make them stop dreaming, and asking questions.

It's great if you want to provide your opinion, help the OP out with some classic scientific fundamentals, but if you simply want to actually spend your time providing nothing but the poke of s tick and a cold glass of ridicule, please just move on to something more productive.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.
On your particular observations I’m going to side on the scientific facts and repeatable measurements that continually fine tune the distances of space and time.

The first scientific measurement of the Earth-Sun distance was made by Cassini in 1672 by parallax measurements of Mars (he observed Mars from two places simultaneously).

Superb stuff!

Source : curious.astro.cornell.edu...

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by BS_Slayer
I guess what I'm getting at is; regardless of the age, intellect, beliefs, or mental state of the OP, you should treat him or her as you might a child in school. Would you dare want someone belittiling and mocking your kid were they in a special-ed class? As I said, I sometimes have the urge to violently shake my own opinions, or knowledge into others, but doing it in a hostile, or degrading way serves no purpose other than to make them stop dreaming, and asking questions.

Well said, it's a good perspective to behold.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by DARREN1976

By who? And for what purpose? And please dont quote Icke at me or I will pmsl....

I missed taking david ickes head off by inches one day when he looked at my sister in a funny way.
Having icke live at the time in the same road as me i never heard so much BS come out of
one guys mouth,Although i think he believes his own drivel unlike the rest of the charlatans.

This guy is taking his sheep to the wolves ...

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by blocula

Originally posted by yuppa

Originally posted by Shar_Chi
Love the originality OP. Keep thinking different

Yeah. Blockula Is different thats for sure. I like to read the craziness of his threads. They are very entertaining since anyone can debunk them almost instantly. Keep it up OP i need more laughs.
Seriously,the only way that you or anyone else can try and debunk what i've proposed in this thread,is to repeat what you have been taught to think and repeat what you have been told to believe by tptb...

those who fabricate wars and orchestrate genocides again and again should not be taken so casually and whatever they proclaim about this reality,should not be robotically accepted as the real truth...

because we are living within their currently enforced belief structures that will eventually be altered and changed as time flys by...
edit on 1-7-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

Bloc,
To have your reality be true would essentially require technology that could simulate everything that mankind has ever perceived. The mathematics and statistics behind to allow that shows that the probability is so diminishingly small though as to almost rule it out. A more likely situation would be that only your "brain" is being simulated. That would of course rule out the existence of everyone and everything else. These are themes that are explored in the Science Fiction of Philip K. Dick, and of course movies like the Matrix. The problem with that kind of thinking though is that it makes everyone else an object and gives a great excuse for treating everything (people, animals, the earth etc) like trash. Essentially a sociopath.

I would strongly recommend that you view your existence as part physical and part spiritual. Your spirit is unlimited, but your body lives in a world populated with others. Some of those physical others are really, really smart and figured out how a lot about how this physical universe works. They have written up the experiments that they have done, that you can do yourself, that prove that the Sun is really as big as they say it is, and is as far away as it is. It is all based on math. And one thing that can't ever be false is math. So appreciate the wonder of the world that we are inhabiting. It is really amazing!

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by BenTFH
Nothing is holding the sun in orbit, it is racing through space at a speed your mind probably couldn't comprehend either
So you and i and everything else is actually falling millions of miles per hour through an endless void of ancient light,hopelessly doomed to be swallowed and annihilated by super massive black holes?

Hmmmm? i seriously doubt thats really true...

Because i think outer space is an intentionally fabricated illusion thats being purposefully projected into our visible spectrum from within another dimension...

Malevolent,super advanced entities from the real world,ensuring themselves we keep feeling helplessly small and trapped,keep believing in their deceptions...

But we are not,we're just designed in specific ways that make us think we are...

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by BS_Slayer

I suggested to him to write some sci - fi novels as he does have an imagination.
Move over icke, hello bloc. bloculars lost world - or blocs flat world would make a good
read for the fiction side of things.

As for facts not a chance, i suggest he doesnt give up his day job.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Bloc can i make a suggestion....where did you get this theory from about space being a hoax?

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99

pretty big to me!

Its never small, is always streaming real colors and its crystalline, the hexagram shapes are like the calcite shaped crystals in your pineal!!!!!

The Light is Love Shine, from Family!

crystal!

Ray! We're all Rays!

edit on 1-7-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

No. The hexagram artifacts your seeing in these pictures are a result of the optics in your camera, not the sun.

As for Blocula, do you have any understanding of the 1/r^2 concept? If you did, you wouldn't keep citing "billions of visible stars, so why is the sky dark at night?" Your logic seems intentionally flawed, question is why? Attention? Advanced Trolling? You deliberately ignore fact-based rebuttals to your drivel, to what end exactly?

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
By golly, I think you may be on to something here. I've been saying for years that all cheese actually comes from the moon and that's why they tell people they're nuts for thinking the moon is made of cheese; they don't want us getting the cheese for free. You're a true scientist. Kudos.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Do they let you out every weekend or just alternating weekends ?

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Why do we only see a few hundred stars at night? why isnt the night sky filled with millions of stars? why isnt the sky at night aglow like day?

If you go somewhere dark you can see millions of stars in the night sky.
Get out of suburbia and into the country and you will see that the night sky is truly breathtaking.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

I also wonder about this fabric of time and space we inhabit. I respect your questions Bloc, I have them too. I am not a scientist or math person, but, I read and learn about my surroundings. Exploration is good. I admire the people who are so sure of their math and science. I want to learn more. Your thoughts are intriguing. I remember a teacher telling us in our life time the sun would explode. As children, we were reduced to terror and tears. She took it back the next day. But, I still believed her.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Is it really so far fetched to think that maybe its just because you do not understand how grand of a scale everything Is,

Knowing how the enemy works is key. There Is nothing they can do to change what IS. But they can change how you yourself think to see. Rather then understand.

Its all about size compared to the observer. Your seeing it with your eyes.

They ET's didn't create you or anything else. That's a lie right out of the serpents mouth.

Matthew 13:15
For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.

Don't be deceived. Its not all just an illusion, its real, and its a gift.

The veil shall be lifted.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by InLightTend

With many billions of stars of all sizes and ages all around us all the time,only a few thousand of them have light thats able to reach us?

no way...

the night sky should be illuminated more or less like day,aglow with the light from billions of stars,but its not,it never is...

so either stars have the amazing abilty to decide amongst themselves which ones light will reach us and which ones light will not...

or its all a fantastic holographic illusion...

The Holographic Universe Michael Talbot > quanta-gaia.org...

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Get a pair of binoculars and go to the countryside during a new moon. You'll see that the light from billions and billions of stars reaches us. Even better, get a telescope and you'll see even more. You just need to get out a bit.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

No, there are millions of stars that have light that reaches us. But like the analogy earlier, if you take a flashlight and shine it against a wall a foot away, it's really bright and blocks things out from the glare. Take the same flashlight and shine it across an open field, or a huge room, and it only lights up a very small area. Stars are so far away that their light is only able to show up as a tiny dot.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by karen61057

Rest assured,the suns really up there,but its much smaller and a lot closer than we are misled to believe, perhaps only a few thousand miles away and a few hundred miles across?

and who would really know? whos actually gone there? whos flown to the sun and seen it with their own eyes? no one...

go outside right now and try looking at the blazing sun for even a second and you'll be instantly blinded by its intensely bright glare and its intentionally designed that way,so we wont be able to view beyond,to see where we really are...

and so as the sky is plunged into darkness again and again,another strange aspect of this bizarre holographic optical illusion is revealed,to keep us from discovering whats really going on

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Bloc i think you need to take a vacation,go to the country where there is no light pollution
And see what you are missing.

I know i did alot of work in englands countryside in the middle of knowhere .

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   

go outside right now and try looking at the blazing sun for even a second and you'll be instantly blinded by its intensely bright glare and its intentionally designed that way,so we wont be able to view beyond,to see where we really are..

Bloc dont be so stupid to say it is designed that way.
Can i ask where you got this theory from for the second time now?

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join