The Sun Is Much Smaller And A Lot Closer Than We Are Misled To Believe

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Why do we only see a few hundred stars at night?

What? You have to be kidding! I live in Sydney Australia and the light from the city at the night is very bright and I can see more than "a few hundred stars". Based off that idiotic statement alone I dismiss your point as complete and utter rubbish. Misinformation and straight out lies!

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Hi bloc. I was thinking about the size and illusion of our galaxy. We perceive it to be round and flat... But I think it could be spherical. We can only see so much with our limited perseptions. Just like we used to think the world was flat. Or maybe that was imposed on us. Maybe it's being imposed on us now.

Atoms are very much like solar sytems. Universe looks like a brain cell. Zoom in fast from outside the universe into an atom here on earth and you would get something like a fractual hologram.
www.youtube.com...

Here's where this line of thought took me. www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 1-7-2012 by Wifibrains because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   
What you have proven here is that you need to read more and learn some things. Your questions and comments show you lack some basic knowledge of the world you exist in. Even google could explain away many of your misunderstandings of reallity. I would ask google first before comming on here and showing how lacking your knowledge is on your chosen subject matter.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Explanation: Flagged for the opportunity to skin this skunk!

1stly Parallax: Solar parallax [wiki]

Solar parallax
After Copernicus proposed his heliocentric system, with the Earth in revolution around the Sun, it was possible to build a model of the whole solar system without scale. To ascertain the scale, it is necessary only to measure one distance within the solar system, e.g., the mean distance from the Earth to the Sun (now called an astronomical unit, or AU). When found by triangulation, this is referred to as the solar parallax, the difference in position of the Sun as seen from the Earth's centre and a point one Earth radius away, i. e., the angle subtended at the Sun by the Earth's mean radius. Knowing the solar parallax and the mean Earth radius allows one to calculate the AU, the first, small step on the long road of establishing the size and expansion age of the visible Universe.

A primitive way to determine the distance to the Sun in terms of the distance to the Moon was already proposed by Aristarchus of Samos in his book On the Sizes and Distances of the Sun and Moon. He noted that the Sun, Moon, and Earth form a right triangle (right angle at the Moon) at the moment of first or last quarter moon. He then estimated that the Moon, Earth, Sun angle was 87°. Using correct geometry but inaccurate observational data, Aristarchus concluded that the Sun was slightly less than 20 times farther away than the Moon. The true value of this angle is close to 89° 50', and the Sun is actually about 390 times farther away. He pointed out that the Moon and Sun have nearly equal apparent angular sizes and therefore their diameters must be in proportion to their distances from Earth. He thus concluded that the Sun was around 20 times larger than the Moon; this conclusion, although incorrect, follows logically from his incorrect data. It does suggest that the Sun is clearly larger than the Earth, which could be taken to support the heliocentric model[citation needed].

Measuring Venus transit times to determine solar parallaxAlthough Aristarchus' results were incorrect due to observational errors, they were based on correct geometric principles of parallax, and became the basis for estimates of the size of the solar system for almost 2000 years, until the transit of Venus was correctly observed in 1761 and 1769. This method was proposed by Edmond Halley in 1716, although he did not live to see the results. The use of Venus transits was less successful than had been hoped due to the black drop effect, but the resulting estimate, 153 million kilometers, is just 2% above the currently accepted value, 149.6 million kilometers.

Much later, the Solar System was 'scaled' using the parallax of asteroids, some of which, such as Eros, pass much closer to Earth than Venus. In a favourable opposition, Eros can approach the Earth to within 22 million kilometres. Both the opposition of 1901 and that of 1930/1931 were used for this purpose, the calculations of the latter determination being completed by Astronomer Royal Sir Harold Spencer Jones.

Also radar reflections, both off Venus (1958) and off asteroids, like Icarus, have been used for solar parallax determination. Today, use of spacecraft telemetry links has solved this old problem. The currently accepted value of solar parallax is 8".794 143

And ... Measuring the Distance to the Sun [eso.org]

Contains the following information! [you will have to access it to get the full story ok]

Introduction
Why is it important to know the Sun's parallax?
A short history of the Sun's parallax
Methods of measurement
Determination of the distance of a minor planet
How to do measurements
Determination of the asteroid's topocentric position
Combining two simultanously measured results
Combining two positions measured at the same observatory
Comparison of one topocentric result with the corresponding geocentric position
Short discussion of the three methods
First Tests

Personal Disclosure: I hope this helps as the OP can find it out for themselves whether the data is credible or not!

I found it HIGHLY Credible!

But lets assume for a moment that whats the OP is detailing WAS true!

What would that mean for solar eclipes?

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Love the originality OP. Keep thinking different

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shar_Chi
Love the originality OP. Keep thinking different

Yeah. Blockula Is different thats for sure. I like to read the craziness of his threads. They are very entertaining since anyone can debunk them almost instantly. Keep it up OP i need more laughs.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

theres just no way that i'm going to believe its really 865,000 miles across and 93,000,000 miles away...

Why should you. It's very possible that the "horrible truth" hidden from mankind is that the Sun is actually 8 million miles across and 9 billion miles away. Now we have two opposing opinions. What makes yours any more valid than mine? Why should anyone believe you when you say

Because the sun is much smaller than we are intentionally misled to think it is and its a lot closer than we are purposefully taught to believe it is...

If you know better then certainly you can explain the true size and distance of the Sun.

If the suns gravity keeps the earth in orbit,whats holding the sun within its orbit?

Don't stop there. Post the link to the image that depicts what's really going on out there, you know the one. Don't forget to explain why you think it's correct.

I'll end with an obligatory irrelevant quote.

"If you don't expect too much from me, you might not be let down". The Gin Blossoms

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   

If the suns gravity keeps the earth in orbit,whats holding the sun within its orbit?

A super massive black hole holds our sun in orbit along with the entire galaxy.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Look I am not going to even beat around the bush. This is the stupidest thing I have ever heard. I am open minded, and also willing to look into most interesting topics, but I mean come on. The reason you cant see all of the BILLIONS of stars is due to distance, and the speed of light for the light given off by a star to reach us. The Universe is HUGE compared to our little area of the big picture. I encourage you to look at Hubble Telescope pictures. It is even possible to see the light of a star that no longer exist. An amateur with a reasonably powerful telescope (not me, my math sucks.) could figure distance and size of planets and the sun. As they ALREADY have.
edit on 1-7-2012 by kurthall because: forgot a word

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by OmegaLogos

That the moon and the sun wouldn't eclipse, but collide

Since size apparantly equals distance nowadays, they would be right next to eachother

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
The dark sky is addressed by Olbers' Paradox

Olbers' paradox

In astrophysics and physical cosmology, Olbers' paradox, named after the German astronomer Heinrich Wilhelm Olbers and also called the "dark night sky paradox", is the argument that the darkness of the night sky conflicts with the assumption of an infinite and eternal static universe. The darkness of the night sky is one of the pieces of evidence for a non-static universe such as the Big Bang model. If the universe is static and populated by an infinite number of stars, any sight line from Earth must end at the (very bright) surface of a star, so the night sky should be completely bright. This contradicts the observed darkness of the night.

In order to explain Olbers' paradox, it is necessary to account for the relatively low brightness of the night sky in relation to the circle of our sun. The universe is only finitely old, and stars have existed only for part of that time. So, as Poe suggested, the Earth receives no starlight from beyond a certain distance, corresponding to the age of the oldest stars. Space is sufficiently rarefied that most lines from the Earth do not touch any star within this distance of Earth.

However, the Big Bang theory introduces a new paradox: it states that the sky was much brighter in the past, especially at the end of the recombination era, when it first became transparent. All points of the local sky at that era were brighter than the circle of the sun, due to the high temperature of the universe in that prehistoric era; and we have seen that most light rays will terminate not in a star but in the relic of the Big Bang.

More at Olbers' Paradox
edit on 7/1/2012 by roadgravel because: fix kink

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

believe it or not
Not.

How can you even begin to believe this?

There are so many ways to prove this wrong it is hard to know where to begin...

effects on other planets, comets, the speed of light, the equation e=mc^2, etc. etc...

You could benefit by cracking a book now and then.

Ridiculous.
edit on 7/1/2012 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by paradox

Wether or not we can see a few hundred stars,or a few thousand stars from wherever on earth, makes no difference really,because theres supposedly billions of stars out there all around us and so we should be seeing at least many millions of them all the time,should we not?

The light from thousands of stars of all sizes and all ages has no problem reaching us all the time and so the light from the billions of other stars should also be reaching us,should it not?

Do some stars have selective light shining abilities that make up their own minds wether or not to reach the earth?

The night sky should be aglow more or less like day,illuminated by the light from millions and billions of stars,but its not...

Omg,outer space is an intentionally projected,three dimensional,holographic illusion...
edit on 1-7-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wifibrains
reply to post by blocula

Hi bloc. I was thinking about the size and illusion of our galaxy. We perceive it to be round and flat... But I think it could be spherical. We can only see so much with our limited perseptions. Just like we used to think the world was flat. Or maybe that was imposed on us. Maybe it's being imposed on us now.

Atoms are very much like solar sytems. Universe looks like a brain cell. Zoom in fast from outside the universe into an atom here on earth and you would get something like a fractual hologram.
www.youtube.com...

Here's where this line of thought took me. www.abovetopsecret.com...
Anythings possible...

Is this what the earth sun and moon really look like?

If its true and they really do look like the amazing and disturbing image in the link below,think about what this famous paranormal investigator said around a hundred years ago...

"The earth is a farm,we are someone elses property" Charles Fort 1874-1932

4.bp.blogspot.com...

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

It's possible I suppose, but I doubt it. The sun is the source for our system, just like in a atom, the nucleus is the scorce. The central sun of the galaxy is the source for the galaxy and powers all sytems via the suns. Wifi. So if the central sun goes out, all suns go out and atoms go out. It all just dissapears. Like it got switched off.
I've heard of three days of darkness. This could be the hologram being rebooted. DNA is data. All has been tried and tested through this programme. We are litterally at this point. People are like apps. They go into the iPad program( earth) and interact with each other and the program. To handle all these new apps every now and again the program needs updating. So my main pc (universe) will send update when requested/required. Then the whole sytem copes better. After updating it is normally essential to reboot for the updates to take effect.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

You only see this many stars and not millions because of light pollution. Go out to the country far away from any lights and you'll see the milky way galaxy. Your notions are funny, and silly, and for the most part, just plain wrong. I don't understand why would they lie to us about this?

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
The way a lot of you people reply to this thread is absolutely disgusting.
You think just because you don't agree with Blocula that it gives you a right to talk to him like a piece of s**t

Blocula, i don't know what the truth is and probably never will, none of us really know what the hell we are or why we are here, or what is out there, but what i won't do is talk to you like dirt.

I enjoyed reading your thread, just because it gets your mind thinking, something different, something interesting, it doesn't matter if you are right or wrong or what i believe, i still enjoyed reading your thread.

The way most of the people act in this thread is absolutely disgusting
edit on 1-7-2012 by Equ1nox because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaveNorris
reply to post by blocula

Lets say you beleive what your saying and your not just trolling, how would you explain the fact that we have left earths atmosphere and have explored space

He doesn’t, which leads to a whole nother pile of ....mess.
Our Entire Space Program Is A Hoax And A Massive Deception
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by sputniksteve

Originally posted by blocula
reply to post by tamusan

Is the human mind really able to accurately comprehend and truly understand what 93,000,000 miles away really means?

Theres just no way something so bright and hot is that far away,imo...

I believe you could some day be immortalized on ATS. People might say things like this is a "bloc thread". Or "your thread just got bloc'd". Or they could rename "skunkworks" forum "Blocworks".

I wonder if there are any pools on when Bloc will get banned from ATS? Anyone know the over/under on 6 months?

I will give you odds on of 10/1 he does'nt get banned anytime soon, he is too entertaining!

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Equ1nox
The way a lot of you people reply to this thread is absolutely disgusting.
You think just because you don't agree with Blocula that it gives you a right to talk to him like a piece of s**t

Blocula, i don't know what the truth is and probably never will, none of us really know what the hell we are or why we are here, or what is out there, but what i won't do is talk to you like dirt.

I enjoyed reading your thread, just because it gets your mind thinking, something different, something interesting, it doesn't matter if you are right or wrong or what i believe, i still enjoyed reading your thread.

The way most of the people act in this thread is absolutely disgusting
edit on 1-7-2012 by Equ1nox because: (no reason given)

Believe what you want, enjoy reading what you want. There is nothing wrong with asking for some evidence or any kind of reason for this. If you've spent any time on here with bloc then you should understand how frustrating it is to have all reasonable questions either ignored or replied to with drivel and bunk.

new topics
top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join