It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People Have Been Asking, "Should Texas Secede?"

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doom and Gloom
reply to post by solongandgoodnight

He was making fun of you for misspelling the word secede. Not actually contributing anything to your topic. Internet Spelling Police in full force....
well maybe it made him feel better about himself.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I am also Texan by choice (California by birth). My husband, who is a born-and-bred Texan, is all for secession. I would like to see it happen, but this would usher in a second Civil War. Texas cranks out the most oil (South Dakota is second, by half), and we have an economy that rivals most countries. We could definitely secede from an economic standpoint, but from the standpoint of the US government, we would be removing a big source of taxes from their coffers, and they wouldn't stand for it.

The Republic of Texas....It has a nice ring to it!

PS.....You spelling nazis need to STOP. Show the OP how to spell it, don't act like a spelling error means that everybody in Texas is stupid. Lord how I hate intellectual snobbism. Teach by example.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Is it really that hard to spell a word?

You messed it up not once, but twice. It's not impossible to spell.

I did contribute something. I say that Texas should SECEDE all that they want. They won't be missed.

There.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
I think if Texas was to do this, they would have there hands full with all the people from the rest of the states who are sick of the BS. I think people would be migrating to Texas in droves. It could help the state though because all of the open desert would start to be populated and it would raise the price of property.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by hadriana

Good.

They can go form a new nation and call it Dumbass-istan.

That sounds appropriate for people who can't read, can't spell and can't work.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by FissionSurplus
I am also Texan by choice (California by birth). My husband, who is a born-and-bred Texan, is all for secession. I would like to see it happen, but this would usher in a second Civil War. Texas cranks out the most oil (South Dakota is second, by half), and we have an economy that rivals most countries. We could definitely secede from an economic standpoint, but from the standpoint of the US government, we would be removing a big source of taxes from their coffers, and they wouldn't stand for it.

Actually, recently Texas has been receiving more in federal aid than they have been paying in taxes.

Summing up: The figures from our sources show two different trends. On an annual basis between 1981 and 2003, Texas almost always paid more in federal taxes than it got back from Uncle Sam. But since 2003 the reverse has been true, with Texas receiving more than it paid in five out of seven years, which is close to routine.

politifact

So, ceding from the union would be a terrible idea as far as Texas's economy is concerned.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   

I am a native Texan born in 1956 and I can tell you that Texas hasn't always been a red state. We used to be a blue state and no one was talking about secession.

It's only the idiots, led by Rick Perry who are talking that trash and as usual, everything is bigger in Texas including our base number of idiots.

IMO, we should send all of these trash talking idiots to Arizona where they can live in peace with sheriff Arpaio. Then once they all get relocated, we trade the state of Arizona for Puerto Rico and call it a win-win for everybody concerned.

It's either that or let them start their little revolution and we end up having to lock them all up in our new FEMA camps and IMO, that would be a disgraceful waste of some perfectly good FEMA camps.
edit on 29-6-2012 by Flatfish because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword
reply to post by hadriana

Good.

They can go form a new nation and call it Dumbass-istan.

That sounds appropriate for people who can't read, can't spell and can't work.
chill out, i'm sorry i didn't spell it right...twice. lol. just move on to another thread if you don't like this one.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
It would be a wonderful thing to see really. Because once you take NASA and the military contributions to Texas the only thing it has left going for it is oil. It would be a financial disaster waiting to happen, so go ahead Texas secede from the union in a decade you will be wishing to be a state again and we can tell you no we don't want you go be a state of Mexico.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Since editing it would be cowardly, I just want to take back what I said about Texas and Arizona.

I'm sure y'all are good people to have a beer with but some of the people you elect to serve yourselves and this country are just hideous.

Cheers.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
No Red State is going to secede...they all depend too much on the money they get from the Federal Government.

But hey...knock yourselves out...should be a good show.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

No offense taken and no reason to retract. We know that we're being overrun by idiots, crooked idiots at that. I too, talk trash about Arizona knowing all the while that we may have more idiots here in Texas than they do there and I'm from Texas. You gotta call em like you see em.

The good news is that I think we're about to reach critical mass and hopefully, once their little heads explode, we can return to being the sensible state we once were.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

i'm not happy with most of them either, but just like the rest of the country people here are slowly starting to wake up.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I am a Texan born and bred. That said, Texas will never secede. period. But, for the sake of argument, let's say that Texas does secede. If so, I will be moving to Oklahoma, so I can remain a part of the United States.

Also, the man in charge would be Rick Perry....No thank you, to that one.

Vote Truth_2012 for ATS Regent.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth
I am a Texan born and bred. That said, Texas will never secede. period. But, for the sake of argument, let's say that Texas does secede. If so, I will be moving to Oklahoma, so I can remain a part of the United States.

Also, the man in charge would be Rick Perry....No thank you, to that one.

Vote Truth_2012 for ATS Regent.
knowing that perry could be the head honcho is terrifying, it's just a hypothetical question.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   

What is it with guys named Rick?

Rick Perry
RIck Santorum

Why are they always douches?

At least they're not named Willard (aka "Mitt").

Just a bit of a joke here.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
What in the world is with the Texan ego? My in-laws were born and raised in TX. Even though they spent some years in the navy and traveled, they went back. I must say that the Texan Ego is larger than the state itself is. If all Americans took pride in their country the way Texas takes pride in its state, we would be by far way better off.

I hope TX stays a part of America and I really don't see them seceding anytime soon. Besides, I really don't want to have to renew my passport just to visit the in-laws.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword

What is it with guys named Rick?

Rick Perry
RIck Santorum

Why are they always douches?

At least they're not named Willard (aka "Mitt").

Just a bit of a joke here.
.......yes thanks for clearing that up for me...lol. i don't know, hopefully things will start to change.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
IMO, all the states should succeed from the current union and form another. One that upholds The Constitution, instead of using it for toilet paper, like our current representatives have been, as of late. And as far as the right to succeed goes, all the states still have it, they just don't have a military that could make it stand. Our government is only granted power by us, if we choose to change them, we can. IMHO

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join