It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

People Have Been Asking, "Should Texas Secede?"

page: 1
3
<<   2 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
While i believe this is highly unlikely, here in the lone star state some people around me have been asking the question.

I did do a little bit of research on the matter and found that Texas did not actually reserve the right to sucede from the union. Apparentley it is not stated either way if it is legal or illegal for ANY state to sucede.

Aside from that, it seems that Texas would be able to be a nation successfully again due to the geographical location and natural resources. There really are a lot of people here who are upset about our country's recent desicions. obama care (which will lead to people losing jobs....ask if you want and i'll give you my theory), the patriot act, and a useless washington congress have many people ready to leave.

So i guess i'd like to see what some of you would have to say about this for any state i suppose.
edit on 29-6-2012 by solongandgoodnight because: spelling




posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I will always be a Texan before an American. I don't own a cowboy hat, or boots, and I have a general disdain for conservatives, but I just love Texas.

I would be all for leaving the divided union. I thing the federal government has no inkling of representation, so I do not recognise their authority. Would it be legal? Who cares. One "takes the liberty" freedom is not requested.



posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
No it will never happen. Too many globalist in the Texas state government. Just look at Mitt Romney they are all like him.



posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I am Texan by choice, originally from Illinois, but I love it here. This state has its problems but I love how we take such pride in it.

I could see it being successful but it would be work.



posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Arizona would secede before texas they are being treated like crap!



posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   

"Should Texas Sucede?"



With that attitude, I'd say Texas has more to worry about than secession from the union.

Maybe they should iron out their educational system first.




EDIT: I see you corrected the title OP, I promise I won't make fun of your spelling anymore

edit on 29-6-2012 by drwizardphd because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I believe that both Texas and California reserved the rights to suceed from The Union at any time?

I know that Gov Rick Perry has publicly said that if Texans voted to suceed, he would not stand in their way.

Chuck Norris has also publicly said that he would like to be the first President of a new Republic of Texas.

Who knows what the future will bring?



posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
that's an interesting question:

based on what is known concerning the last time States seceded, under what authority would Texas continue to exist as a legal concept?

Would Texas steal, I mean nationalize, Federal or other states' property in this act?



posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by cybro
No it will never happen. Too many globalist in the Texas state government. Just look at Mitt Romney they are all like him.
i wish it could happen but yes you are right many are like mitt romney.



posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjf3rd77
Arizona would secede before texas they are being treated like crap!
ya no kidding, i don't know how they are putting up with the federal government like they have.



posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by solongandgoodnight
 


SECEDE.

And Texas can go do whatever they want. If it makes them happy, then secede.



posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by drwizardphd

"Should Texas Sucede?"



With that attitude, I'd say Texas has more to worry about than secession from the union.

Maybe they should iron out their educational system first.

no doubt, perry has really jacked a lot of things up here.



posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by solongandgoodnight
 


I don't know what the average IQ of the citizens of Maricopa County is but they really should stop propping up Joe Arapaio.

He is NOT a folk hero. He's nothing more than an attention-starved bully.



posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies
I believe that both Texas and California reserved the rights to suceed from The Union at any time?

I know that Gov Rick Perry has publicly said that if Texans voted to suceed, he would not stand in their way.

Chuck Norris has also publicly said that he would like to be the first President of a new Republic of Texas.

Who knows what the future will bring?
i did some research on that claim, and he did say that but from what i could find that is actually not true. as far as keeping the right to succeed



posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by The Sword
 
maybe he is or maybe he's trying to do his job. the MSM paints him in different lights so who knows what the truth is.



posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by michaelbrux
 


undoubtedly,
of course i would not advise living in a seceded texas,
or any other seceded state if you belong to a minority or are poor.


all this secession talk is merely the local oligarchy dreaming of dixie land

COUGH "states rights"



posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by solongandgoodnight
 


He was making fun of you for misspelling the word secede. Not actually contributing anything to your topic. Internet Spelling Police in full force....



posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
I certainly hope Texas succeeds. Except for the NFL teams.



posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword
reply to post by solongandgoodnight
 


I don't know what the average IQ of the citizens of Maricopa County is but they really should stop propping up Joe Arapaio.

He is NOT a folk hero. He's nothing more than an attention-starved bully.



perhaps he's merely a representative of the [local] people
democracy can be funny that way



posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I think...if Obama gets reelected, and he WILL, unless a lot of people don't vote and the election is not valid....Georgia would probably join Texas.



new topics

top topics



 
3
<<   2 >>

log in

join