It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Melatonin and the Master Gland

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by VeritasAequitas

Great thread, lots of information, thank you.

I recently stopped taking levothyroxine for thyroid (began detoxing from it last fall), as was shutting down adrenals (I've read this can happen & it was for me, I had 0 energy, my adrenal glands were swolen & painful. knew if I didn't quit taking it was going to kill me, & medical community would have put me on steroids, & more meds.. ). I wonder if it is because (I think this is right) levothyroxine affects t4 & not t3? Interesting in re melatonin & t4 & t3. I asked for armor thyroid but that was not an option per my doc (though I think I have a good doc who believes in holistic & doesn't push the meds). I think too that medication (prescribed) usually works through the stomach, which then causes unnatural metabolic synthesis, toxicity over time & a person's own body unable to absorb other nutrients or build to toxic.
I personally believe that most medication is something people can derive from natural sources (food, herbs, etc) & that the body IS capable of healing itself with exercise, rest & stimulation of the brain (ie books, internet).

I saw a Dr. Oz show on raspberry keytones, miracle cure almost as to weight loss. I'm not struggling with that issue at the moment however, raspberries are known for ellagic acid content which also works to prevent/cure cancers (skin cancers is what comes to mind however probably more than that).

I switched to spring water for drinking a yr ago, away from flouridated water, been taking melatonin, 5-10 mg every 2 or 3 days (just because I am not in habit of daily routine, I have so many vits I have to alternate to have time to take them all .. lol). Multiple vitamins without minerals is my staple, I take fish oil, flax oil (flax is estrogenic & I am female, if I were male I would not be taking that one regularly). Also calcium, magnesium, d3, potassium is another that is hard to get enough of without effort). not dependepent upon any except mult vits & these mentioned basics.

"Remembering," interesting your story & thanks for sharing..

I sleep well most nights, making sure to get plenty of exercise including cardio at least 3-5 days a week. I think that is huge as to blood flow & keeping body free from toxins. I notice too, that when I get cardio the last few yrs, with all this amping of energy in the world my brain is lit up, neurons firing (creative/productive thinking).

I appreciate the thread & will reread to absorb all that you shared. As to grains, what do you recommend? I don't eat much bread anymore, try to eat oatmeal when eating grains. Have heard quinoa is a complete protein (grain).
Back to topic (melatonin) I think darkened room at night is really important from what I've heard too.

Larry Wilson, MD has a great site full of information that is related to your topic (healing & of the brain/body).
drlwilson.com...

I'm also a fan of Dr. Richard & Cindy Becker, Dr. Becker is a D.O., has a great program local, "Cornerstone," tv station daily. They are into natural methods of healing, health.
www.bioinnovations.net...
edit on 19-7-2012 by J7IST1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by J7IST1

Dear,

Welcome! I'm glad that you found my thread informational. Yes, that synthetic thyroid medicine indeed effects only one of the thyroid hormones. You do NOT need to be taking any kind of synthetic medicines. They stress out the bodies receptors and after prolonged use eventually cause them to shut down. All you need for your thyroid medication is to buy a bottle of Lugol's Iodine 7%, and take L-Tyrosine. Melatonin will help but I would suggest you find a more.....powerful means than the 5mg supplements. It would require a bit more. I'm quite sure of the connection between Melatonin and L-Tyrosine, because L-Tyrosine is what causes pigmentation as well via Melanin, and they prescribe both Melatonin and L-Tyrosine to Vitiligo patients.

My best advice is to switch again from Spring water to Distilled water. Reason being; The nutrients in water are inorganic and your body can not utilize them. You are meant to get all of your essential nutrients through your dieting; not your hydrants. Distilled water has what I call 'free memory' it is not loaded down with all of these inorganic nutrients and materials, like tap water is..When you drink the Distilled water since it has the 'free-memory' it can pickup all the toxins in your body and flush them out through the urinary tract. The spring water is becoming poisoned due to chemtrails leaving aluminum residue into the rain water which eventually becomes ground water water. Here is where the fluoride leeches more aluminum due to it's properties. Calcium Fluoride is not AS bad Sodium Fluoride, however if you are not careful, it will still cause calcification. I would reduce ALL fluoride intake at all costs. You do NOT need the Fluoride for healthy teeth and bones. Simply obtaining all the necessary amounts of Calcium, Vitamin K2, and Vitamin D3 would perfectly solve this issue.

Feel free to U2U me if you need any further advice or have questions.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 02:34 AM
link   

I would love insight and help into my mothers many problems. I am still new to this site and can't u2u but don't want to put her personal life out here any suggestions? I would highly value your time and thoughts.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Sert3k

Once you meet the post requirements, send me a U2U and I will see what I can do for you

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Ok I will but I think I have a ways to go! Not going too spam to get it either that stuff tastes nasty :-)

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Sert3k

I have sent you a U2U (:

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
I've been taking it for a couple of years now. Definitely true about the weird dreams. I've had some really strange ones, very vivid. Oddly enough, when I wake up during one I can actually fall back asleep into the same dream.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Fantastic stuff! My path only recently led me into this stuff.
I am pretty new in my learning process but I feel something is telling me to tune in.

I want to work on opening my Pineal Gland to work towards a more aware and awakened life. I want to get in touch with consciousness. It is a must.

I have read as much as I can so forgive me if the obvious was already discussed but what is the best path to to take for what I seek?
edit on 31-8-2012 by Nicole101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Nicole101

You should really start setting time aside in the day for yourself; during this period you are meant to reflect back on the days events and see if there was anything you could have done better. You must learn to be mindful in your words and thoughts; do not speak ill of others, and do not knowingly profess lies. Learn to treat others how you treat yourself. Melatonin helps on dreams; but a majority of it is inner self work. To know thyself, is to know the universe.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Live 100% true with good intention.

Got it.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Meditation and yoga will help tremendously.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Have you heard of using Colloidal Minerals? I read this is a great supplement to help.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 04:34 AM
link   

I have heard of three, I believe. First, would be colloidal silver. Second, is colloidal copper. Third, colloidal gold.

Colloidal silver is a magnificent anti-microbial. For years it was used in field dressings for wounds, etc. The biggest side effect, is when making high concentrations, it will turn your skin blue. This was where they also started calling royalty blue-bloods. They ate with real Silver-ware, which would break off tiny nano-particles into their food and beverage.

Colloidal copper can be used to ease cystic fibrosis in children, and celiac disease in adults. Copper also enhances your anti-oxidant defense, thus boosting your immune system, and ridding the body of free radicals that may cause cancer, aging, and other dis-eases. Colloidal copper is also effective in the treatment of cuts and burns, where it may promote faster healing of the skin tissue. Japanese researchers released a report in 2009 showing that copper reduced insulin resistance and glucose intolerance in laboratory mice.

Colloidal gold provides a wide range of useful benefits. One of the first, being it's effectiveness to fight rheumatoid arthritis. For years they gave patients straight shots of gold into their joints, which was very painful. It has been shown to have some degree of effectiveness in the treatment of tumors. Doctors found that it may help to prevent new tumors from growing or stabilize current ones. Colloidal gold also stimulates Serotonin, which would make it useful in the treatment of ADD and calming influence. It has also shown to be effective in boosting cognitive function.

Hope these gave you a short run-down on the benefits of each. However, I would not take away the impression that these would be the only benefits of each; merely a sample.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I just ordered this:
www.amazon.com...

Upon research I read if you take this broad range, complete colloidal mineral supplement that includes boron you detox fluoride. Of course not over night and not 100%.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   

I wish you the best of luck; I buy gallons of distilled water at Wal-Mart for like 88c, and just mix in the Borax/Boron.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   

And what would happen if I took melatonin in the day time or not being asleep? When I meditate I see a large purple sun with what I believe to be my pineal gland

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by backcase

That's not unusual I'd say. Most people don't know that we in fact do have a binary star system, however the other sun can not be seen with the physical eyes. This is something that has been taught by many shamanic tribes. The spiritual sun used to be blue, however it is blossoming it's own crown chakra now. That is what resulted in the purplish hue.

Melatonin use during the daytime may make your sleepy, or imbalance your circadian cycles. Has a much more pronounced effect at night.
edit on 16-9-2012 by VeritasAequitas because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   

What would be a good meditational process for utilizing this "sun"? I usually just ignore it and allow myself to God. Then I come out of a deep meditation without knowing much of what happened or how, but very peaceful

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by backcase

Imagine the sun piercing through your skull and seeping into your brain, various effects to enhance the visualization of the sun will do well.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   

S&F Excellent information and thank you. I was curious with regards to taking melatonin every night and whether there is a draw back to doing so?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join