It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Melatonin and the Master Gland

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+39 more 
posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
So this thread is to start a discussion about an idea that has been bounced around here for quite sometime. This thread is going to cover many aspects of medicine, anatomy of the human body, workings of the brain, and etc. Now we all know about The Powers That Be, and how much they have corrupted our daily life styles. Yet, we don't know how much they have actually been keeping us back from. There is a reason we only use 10% of our brain's and that is because if we could use all 100% of our brain, they would never be able to control us. There is a gland more specifically that they have gone to great lengths to shut down...This is called the Pineal Gland. Now for all of you going, "Oh no, not this new age baloney."Just let me get this done okay?

The Pineal Gland, also known as your 'third eye', is the only other part of your body that has photoreceptor cells just like your eyes. Visualization, dreaming, NDE, and OOBE, all come from this gland. It secretes a great deal of amino acids and hormones for your body...Such as

Meatonin, or N-acetyl-5-methoxytryptamine, which is derived from Serotonin. Otherwise known as 5-hydroxytryptamine, is the basis for how anti-depressants work as SSRI's(Selective Serotonin Re-Uptake Inhibitor. However, nearly all anti-depressants are made with sodium fluoride as the primary ingredient which we will explore later.

en.wikipedia.org...

Made from the building block amino acid, L-Tryptophan...

en.wikipedia.org...

Now it turns out that Serotonin, is the basis for Melatonin, the Holy Grail of this discussion. Melatonin is known as the night-time, or sleep hormone. It has a wide range of uses from fighting cancer, balancing circadian cycles, and regulating your bio-rhythmic clock(how fast you age). Melatonin, is also used as a anti-obesity agent, via the methods of L-Tyrosine.

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

Now L-Tyrosine forms the basis for the (t3) and (t4) hormones of your thyroid gland, along with Iodine. L-Tyrosine is also important in the creation of L-DOPA and the skin pigment melanin.

en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...

Now L-DOPA is the precursor to dopamine, norepinephrine, and epinephrine. Melanin is what determines the pigment color of your skin, and can cause freckles, etc. Now here is something that is interesting. Melanin is made up of melanocytes. Melanocytes are released by the Pituitary gland, via Melanocytes Stimulating Hormone, or MSH. Now Melatonin production has been linked to the secretion of MSH, via the Pituitary gland.

en.wikipedia.org...

So we have Serotonin, Melatonin, L-Tyrosine, L-DOPA/Dopamine, Norepinephrine, Epinephrine, and Melanin, are all tied into each other. Now let's examine something again

en.wikipedia.org...

Scroll down until you see the sub-section dreaming....

Some supplemental melatonin users report an increase in vivid dreaming. Extremely high doses of melatonin (50 mg) dramatically increased REM sleep time and dream activity in people both with and without narcolepsy.[50] Many psychoactive drugs, such as cannabis and lysergic acid diethylamide ('___'), increase melatonin synthesis.[50] It has been suggested that nonpolar (lipid-soluble) indolic hallucinogenic drugs emulate melatonin activity in the awakened state and that both act on the same areas of the brain.

Now you have found out why we aren't allowed to partake in certain things classified as 'drugs'....They are helping stimulate a gland that is purposely being shut down to cause mass effects on our body. Because this gland encompasses a wide range of hormones, amino acids, etc, it is highly important to our growth and development..

Remember when I told you to take note of Sodium Fluoride earlier?

en.wikipedia.org...

Fluoride's suppressive effect on the thyroid is more severe when iodine is deficient, and fluoride is associated with lower levels of iodine.[22] Thyroid effects in humans were associated with fluoride levels 0.05–0.13 mg/kg/day when iodine intake was adequate and 0.01–0.03 mg/kg/day when iodine intake was inadequate.[17]:263 Its mechanisms and effects on the endocrine system remain unclear. Funnily enough, even though Salt is Iodized, the amount of Iodine in it is far inferior to the amount of chlorine/chloride. Salt is otherwise known as Sodium Chloride, and since Chlorine is falls under the halogen category, it displaces Iodine. The RDA for Iodine of 150 micrograms is completely useless when done with Iodized salt. Your body will only absorb about 10% so, 15 micrograms is what you would get.

So is this the final proof for how Sodium fluoride calcifies the Pineal gland? If melatonin helps stimulate L-Tyrosine, Melanin, L-DOPA, and etc, and sodium fluoride was to theoretically shut down the Pineal gland like many advocate. It would make sense that fluoride would have a suppressive effect on the Thyroid Gland, because L-Tyrosine which makes up it's hormones, is stimulated by Melatonin. If the Pineal gland shuts down and stops producing Melatonin, it stops producing said other hormones and etc. This could also be why people with Parkinson's disease have low Melatonin levels, along with inability to produce dopamine and etc.

With L-tryptophan being the building block of Dimethyltryptamine.

en.wikipedia.org...

Is it possible that these people have been used as a scapegoat, passing off these people as lunatics, due to a certain compound that forms in their brain? The effects of Dimethyltryptamine can also be said to effect the Pineal gland, which as mentioned in the OP, is what effects our dreams or where they take place. There is much to explore in the dream world, and this is just the beginning. The Pineal gland is our access to the dream world and they are trying to shut it down. That must mean they are trying to keep us away from something. This could also be why they so blatantly advertise the third eye via the dollar bill and references to the pine cone...

Please this is being resubmitted after a staff approval under the conditions that NO ToS are breached during the thread. The thread will continue to be evaluated. Please keep all references to illegal substances off of this thread in the subsequent replies. References listed above were for illustration of the informational purposes of this article.
edit on 28-6-2012 by VeritasAequitas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Cool thread, this topic interest me a bit and Ill be looking into the items mentioned above.

Another tip I would add is look into Binarual Beats as well, Ive... experienced the type of activity these vitamins and such are supposed to help while using them.

Most successful in the 4-7 hz range.

I figure perhaps the frequency encourages pineal activity.
edit on 28-6-2012 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

I'm aware of why this happens as well. It's because of the vibrations that are made when chanting certain mantras. The Binarual beats are linked to the Solfeggio frequencies, which were used in the ancient mystery schools during rituals and practices to endow knowledge and wisdom to the initiate.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I take 5-HTP at night. It changed the way I dream.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by VeritasAequitas

I didn't buy into them until I tried them... the experience was unique...

To think that something as simple as sound can alter the brains mental state, add to that the vitamins you mention above and I am intrigued.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I took Melatonin last night for the first time and had some pretty vivid dreams. I also didn't get out of bed until 11 a.m., which is very unusual for me.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by ARandomAfflictionOfSense

Which is why I have warned people to follow the T&C.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by jaws1975

That's not too unusual. However, when taken in conjunction with at least Niacin, and 5-HTP/Serotonin; Melatonin makes you have extremely vivid dreams and great meditation sessions.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Thanks for the info, I will try it out! Especially with the meditation!!

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Nice thread.While I admit I didn't understand it all.The mention of melatonin piqued my interest.I was having trouble sleeping,and a friend said I should try taking melatonin,so I did.I too experienced the most vivid dreams I can ever recall having.I thought I was having a bad reaction so I discontinued use.But now I see I am not the only one.I was taking 3 mg per night.Are you saying that this is normal,and a good thing?Since discontinuing,I am having trouble getting a good night sleep.Is it OK to continue use?In your opinion.Normally,I would ask a doctor but as I am having a bit of financial difficulty,I cannot afford one at this time.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I just started trialing melatonin this week.Being a shift worker my sleep isnt the best and has been getting worse.Too early to say how it's going yet except to say is my sleep is not worse .Seems a promising treatment even though ive seen studies say it doesnt help "shiftwork sleep disorder".

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by mardukiscoming

Doctors these days are a sham, and a big majority of them are simply in it for the money. They wouldn't know treatment if it bit them in the ass. Melatonin is secreted every night by the Pineal Gland when the sun sets, and darkness envelops. Or simply in the absence of light from the eyes. People who have trouble sleeping will more than likely have some sort of calcification occurring with their Pineal gland, and need to supplement with Melatonin. Distilled Water, Iodine, and Borax will help to detox and decalcify.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Just want to say this kind of subject matter that you have presented in a brilliant manner has held my interest for a number of years. I've read about all the alternate drug experience in book called Supernatural written by Graham Hancock.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Tindalos2013

Thank you, since I consider myself to be a lightworker, I have chosen Medicine and Healing as my path of interest in this life. Hence, the enormous amounts of research that I do daily into disease, vitamins, etc.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I always thought the serotonin and melatonin connection went the other direction. Learn something new every day. Interesting in the connection with the pituitary. The 2 glands have been likened to the Kings and Queens chambers in the great pyramid, which is really interesting considering that consciousness expansion is on of the theorized uses of the sarcophagus in the Kings chamber.

As for the 3rd eye, I have a slight bone of contention with popular culture as the 3rd eye isn't technically the pineal (on one level it is but...) but the reality is even more interesting in terms of the OP. The actual 3rd eye is opened when both the pineal and the pituitary are open and vibrating together. If you imagine them forming the base of a triangle, the third eye would be at the apex. The key is that they have to both be open and working together for full on 3rd eye action.

I must admit the melanin connection is a bit disturbing to me personally and I had been ruminating on it's meaning and implications since another thread a month or two back on a similar thing. In my early 30's (can't remember when exactly) I developed Vitiligo

Vitiligo is a condition that causes depigmentation of sections of skin. It occurs when melanocytes, the cells responsible for skin pigmentation, die or are unable to function. The cause of vitiligo is unknown, but research suggests that it may arise from autoimmune, genetic, oxidative stress, neural, or viral causes.[1] The incidence worldwide is less than 1%.
Wiki

My intuition tells me it's environmental, but I wonder what the implications of it's autoimmune nature are for that connection. I haven't purposefully worked with my Pineal in a good bit of time so I'm not sure what else I have gotten besides spots on my skin.

Interesting facts about the pineal:

It's word etymology comes from the Latin for pine cone. However, in Hebrew, Pnay El, or face of God, was the name Jacob gave to the place he wrestled with the angel.

It is developed in the fetus at about 11 weeks when gender differentiation is occurring

It is the largest producer of melatonin in the brain and has the highest amount of blood flow of any other part of the brain.

The All Seeing Eye symbol, on one level is the symbol of the awakened pineal. If you take DaVinci's Vitruvian Man and move the base of the upward pointing triangle so that it is at the level of the heart chakra, the pineal is literally the eye in the center of the pyramid.

I'm sure there are a few more, but those are what I remember right now.
edit on 28-6-2012 by coyotepoet because: facts

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by VeritasAequitas
reply to post by Tindalos2013

Thank you, since I consider myself to be a lightworker, I have chosen Medicine and Healing as my path of interest in this life. Hence, the enormous amounts of research that I do daily into disease, vitamins, etc.

Thanks VeritasAequitas - you have awesome posts - I wish you would post more often - but I'll take quality over quantity!

I take one sleep supplement from a certain bulk retailer that includes the compounds 5-HTP and L-theanine as well as the melatonin - sleep like a baby now.

Would you mind elaborating or sharing a link about the Borax? I've heard that before about it, but all I could find stated that it was a poison.

What do you know about baking soda for raising the bodies pH?

Also, on a side note, I found this site today filled with esoteric knowledge, I know there are many on the net, but I had never heard/seen this one before, might interest you:

www.theosociety.org...

www.theosociety.org...

What are some of your favorite websites?

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Good on you Veritas for giving this topic another run. Lets hope it lasts a bit longer than last time, as it is fascinating and worthy of dicsussion.

My contribution to this subject is this :- I practiced Uropathy for over 3 years and it had a profound influence on my spiritual endeavours and physical well-being. Why? Because of the melatonin that I was ingesting every morning as part of my ritual.

Peace - Ned

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by PlanetXisHERE

Thank you. I am interested by all knowledge, and act as a sponge soaking it up. I love it. On my days off from work, all I want to do is sit here and read, learn, research, all day. I usually do. As for Borax, it is pure Sodium Tetraborate, derived from the trace mineral Boron, which is used to prevent arthritis ailments. Israel, actually puts Boron into their tap water, and they have the lowest rates of arthritis in the world. It is about as toxic as baking soda, which is to say it can still hurt you when gotten careless with. Should be mixed with 1L of Distilled Water for optimal effect, 1L of water = 1/4 teaspoon of Borax. Drink periodically throughout the day. After you finish the first one, drink 2 more of the 1L Distilled Water without Borax this time. Anything that is left finish it off at dinner or bed time, and take a melatonin, serotonin, and kudos to you for supplementing L-Theanine.

en.wikipedia.org...

If you meditate and in conjunction with the above and possibly other supplements, it would work tremendously for upping Alpha Wave production.

en.wikipedia.org...

Now this will serve to help rid your Pineal gland and body of fluoride, however you can not continue to eat the same diet. No fluoride and cut out grains and bread. Bromide is often used and will displace Iodine as well. If you cut those out and use Borax and Iodine your fluoride levels in your urine will be 67% more. Vitamin K2 can be invaluable in this case too, due to moves calcium from your arteries and into your bones and teeth.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join