It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Melatonin and the Master Gland

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by ARandomAfflictionOfSense

Get a life.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by VeritasAequitas

Wow hell of an article. S&f for sure. Good job

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Thanks op. great post.

How much melatonin should a person take on a daily basis?

Do you know of any other way to "open" the pineal gland?

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

Quite a few ways: drinking distilled water, supplement lugol's iodine, borax, vitamin k2, meditation, and a few others...

3-5 mg at bedtime, as for the Melatonin. Every 2 weeks, cut back for 1 week.
edit on 29-6-2012 by VeritasAequitas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by ARandomAfflictionOfSense
I just started trialing melatonin this week.Being a shift worker my sleep isnt the best and has been getting worse.Too early to say how it's going yet except to say is my sleep is not worse .Seems a promising treatment even though ive seen studies say it doesnt help "shiftwork sleep disorder".

I have been taking melatonin for years, as I used to be an insomniac, and now I work nights and have a LOT of trouble sleeping during the day. I take a minimum of 13 mg (timed release) when I first go to sleep, and sometimes take as much as 23 mg. I still wake up about every 2 hours, and many times have to take more to get back to sleep, so I would agree with you that it does not help "shiftwork sleep disorder", but without it, I don't think I'd get more than 3 or 4 hours of total sleep.

I also have the vivid dreams you mentioned, but much less than before, or maybe I just got used to them, and they almost always make no sense. I think your dreams will return to normal, or nearly normal after a while.

I have always (at least for the last 10 years or so) strongly suspected that psychoactive drugs were illegal for a much bigger reason than we've been told, and that reason has to do with freeing and expanding our minds.

Tonight I'm going to try 10 mg of melatonin along with 200 mg of 5-HTP. I've never taken them together, so I'm curious to see what happens.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Tyrosine is an amino acid. There are only 22 amino acids which comprise every single protein in the human body. Your assertion that tyrosine is a link between X, Y, and Z is like saying that a Lego X-Wing is related to a Lego castle because they're both made with the same parts. Think of amino acids as an alphabet, and proteins as words...or run with the Lego analogy.

The brain is 100% used, just not all of it is used to form conscious thoughts. There is no agenda to keep people from utilizing 100% of their brain function. I'm not sure why this rumor persists.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by elmoastro
There's a side-effect to daily melatonin use that should be mentioned. I was taking about 5mg/day, getting great sleep and active dreams. Pretty cool until about two weeks in and Chrons-like symptoms started appearing.
edit on 29-6-2012 by elmoastro because: (no reason given)

I take huge doses of melatonin sometimes (see my previous post) and have never experienced those symptoms. Not saying you're wrong, but I think you may be extra-sensitive, or may have been having a reaction to one of the inert ingredients in the tablet. Or it could have been just a coincidence that your symptoms cleared up when they did.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Interesting thread.

The way I see it mankind will be able to fulfill it's fullest potential in due time. At the moment people are probably at their kindergarten or grade-school phase in those matters and all the suppression and deprivation are part of the plan.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nightwalk

Interesting thread.

The way I see it mankind will be able to fulfill it's fullest potential in due time. At the moment people are probably at their kindergarten or grade-school phase in those matters and all the suppression and deprivation are part of the plan.

The human brain has had the same capacity for tens of thousands of years, if not longer. Barring any cataclysmic event, it will probably remain around the same, as intelligence is not really a selected trait at this point in time, i.e. greater intelligence does not cause the genes to become more spread. If anything, the capacity of the human brain will decrease...go watch Idiocracy for a brief explanation.
edit on 30-6-2012 by kabfighter because: Fixed a word

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   

The so called higher consciousness. or thrid eye wont get anyone anywhere. What ever the chemicals and crap.You post as if this means something to someone. Even the buddha died as a human. Just because you open the thrid eye and look around the universe doesnt mean anything about any thing.So please reconsider posting such things in the future where you cut from there and paste from there and wella you are enlightened.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by kabfighter

Life is about progress because if it isn't then there's no point in existing at all. People grow, become smarter; civilizations start small and grow big and improve throughout the ages; technology surpasses that which preceded it; so will it be for the human mind and brain.

edit on 30-6-2012 by Nightwalk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Life is about progress because if it isn't then there's no point in existing at all. People grow, become smarter; civilizations start small and grow big and improve throughout the ages; technology surpasses that which preceded it; so will it be for the human mind and brain.

This is true. I'm sure humankind will progress technologically and socially, but until intelligence is a selected trait, evolution will not occur. I am not a eugenicist, so I see no real issue with this. Technological advances must not be confused with greater capabilities within the human brain. Our collective knowledge has expanded, our capacity to think has not.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by kabfighter

Our collective knowledge has expanded, our capacity to think has not.

Knowledge cannot expand if the capacity to think has not expanded too.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Oh so THAT explains my vivid and wild dreams , visions and all the crazy stuff that's been going on.

I'm black

For real though, that was an interesting read. I don't sleep well because I work two different types of shifts a week and it knocks me off. So, I'm going to get some of this Melatonin and try it. I already have vivid dreams so I'm not worried about those side effects.
edit on 30-6-2012 by skepticconwatcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by kabfighter
Tyrosine is an amino acid. There are only 22 amino acids which comprise every single protein in the human body. Your assertion that tyrosine is a link between X, Y, and Z is like saying that a Lego X-Wing is related to a Lego castle because they're both made with the same parts. Think of amino acids as an alphabet, and proteins as words...or run with the Lego analogy.

The brain is 100% used, just not all of it is used to form conscious thoughts. There is no agenda to keep people from utilizing 100% of their brain function. I'm not sure why this rumor persists.

I am well aware of L-Tyrosine being an amino acid. There is more research to prove what I said about Melatonin stimulating L-Tyrosine, by actual doctors. I learned about all of these separately and put the links together myself. I did backchecking to ensure it was legitimate. If they didn't want us working at 100% they wouldn't be constantly degrading our bodies and poisoning us so it never does work at 100%....

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by dunemister1

Buddha might have died but he isn't gone. If you are still here it means you haven't been doing something right.

"Man is a god in ruins." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Earth is a prison planet, and until you break out and spiral on your divinity, you will continue being here.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
The big benefit of melatonin for moi is
"morning wood"

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Could melatonin be a major influence of extrasensory perception? Are the two related?

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

I believe so..The third eye is the connection to the ESP-like abilities, so I would say Melatonin is very much involved..The stuff kills cancerous cells..and regulates how fast you age. If you can leave your body via the gland, astral projection, what else can you do with it? It's also the cause of nearly every single autoimmune disease/disorder in the body. Remote Viewing also works this way...

www.brainsync.com...

Melatonin is linked to your Alpha and Theta Waves. Alpha waves are responsible for your dreaming, and effect your Third Eye in conjunction with Thetas...

and lastly your Alpha brainwaves are related to your ESP-abilities - links to an article from a Gbook.

books.google.com... =_EbvT-eYF4q88ASczsCTDQ&ved=0CFgQ6AEwBg#v=onepage&q=alpha%20waves%20esp&f=false

edit on 30-6-2012 by VeritasAequitas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Are you aware of whether there have been any experiments related to adjusting melatonin levels and increased psychic activity?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join