It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Colorado Springs Apocolypse?! Waldo Canyon Wildfire 32,000 Evacuated, Many Houses/Buildings Burned!

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManicDepresive1
reply to post by CrimsonKapital

Wow...really???? Man you seem very upset. Sorry no one in Aussie decided to make a thread about your fire, but its our fault because of that now huh...sheezz

Stop putting words in my mouth, I'm saying why call this disaster an apocalypse when Australia had one much worse than this yet no one called it a apocalypse?

What are Americans worth more than Aussies or something?

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by ManicDepresive1

warning of Al Quidia setting fires. It is posted on page 2 or 3 of this thread.

Haha, oh yea, its Al Qaueda pfft. Now they are going to station TSA agent at Park entrances.
Give me a break

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wookiep

Originally posted by FlyingSorcerer
Apocolypse???? What the hell you on about??? Isn't the Apocolypse supposed to be a world wide thing... not just America??? - Oh I forgot... God is American isn't he??

Relax, this was a metaphor to describe the smoke plume more or less in the area. Some people on this board get WAY too offended over very minor things....

No friggin doubt eh???

If they were in a position of watching all of their familiar people and places being destroyed, devistated or burned to the ground, they would be singing a different tune...

I see even ONE person loose a house in a fire or something and it is a HUGE deal, so yeah, this is beyond tragic!

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by fleabit

You call this an apocalypse? So just because it happened in America it means you can make a thread about it?

Last year us Aussies endured the worst flood in Australian history with more than a quarter of a million people evacuated, tens of thousands of buildings destroyed, and over 50 people dead.
Much MUCH worse than what is happening in Colorado, but we didn't make a thread about it did we?

Are you kidding? A post gets started on ATS if someone sneezes too hard. There were a slew of Australia fire threads, and many started by folks not living there. And certainly nothing stopped YOU from starting a thread if you so desired.

With all the other ridiculous hate threads, rude debunking, and all the rest, we have to deal with "my fire can beat up your fire" sorts of posts.

p.s. Oddly have not see too much smoke here in Denver proper. Although, been hot as hell all week. I have plenty of friends being displaced though, and one of my former offices had to shut down due to the fires. It's certainly nasty. I think 13 wildfires at the same time?

What fire are you talking about? I'm talking about the Queensland Floods you Twat!!!
And no its not a case of my "fire is bigger than your fire" (its not even a fire I'm talking about), its because you Americans think that just because you have a disaster you have the right to call it a apocalypse!!!

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wookiep

Originally posted by CrimsonKapital
reply to post by Wookiep

You call this an apocalypse? So just because it happened in America it means you can make a thread about it?

Last year us Aussies endured the worst flood in Australian history with more than a quarter of a million people evacuated, tens of thousands of buildings destroyed, and over 50 people dead.
Much MUCH worse than what is happening in Colorado, but we didn't make a thread about it did we?

You're right, I had no right to make a thread about my city burning to the ground and 32,000 people being displaced etc. I'm sorry to have dissapointed you.

Anyway, I'm trying to get updated now, will check back in a bit.

No you have no right in calling this disaster the apocalypse, there are disasters that have occurred that are much much worse than this.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Juggernog

reply to post by Wookiep

There were many threads created about the Australian Floods, quit whining.

But did we call them the apocalypse and act as though the world was ending? Your a hypocrite.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by harryhaller

Originally posted by CrimsonKapitalbut we didn't make a thread about it did we?

Actually there were a whole bunch of threads, where people from all over the world were really supportive and sympathic. Just search for Australia wildfires, Australia floods, etc.

Now stop being a twat please.

Yes but did we call it a apocalypse? Your a hypocrite.

Correction, you are incorrect and the only one acting like a hypocrite here. Are we done now with this childish nonsense now? My family members and friends as well as others on this forum are dealing with a major disaster and here you are wanting to argue about proper terminology.

Boo!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by soaringhawk

Quit making assumptions. What happened in Australia was bad and this is too. This has nothing to do with what's happened or is happening in any other part of the earth. This person lives where the fire is and he's talking about it. No one forced you to come in here and whine like a baby. If it bothers you so much, you should of made a thread to talk about the flooding. No one is stopping you!

No your right no one forced me, but I saw a thread titled with Apocalypse and I thought hmm whats going on here, oh wait its just a disaster in the US, if it happens in America than it must be global right? Since everything revolves around them. Apocalypse my ass, thats just insulting!!

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Dude, why are you always starting crap? Whatever the thread is about, you take the opportunity to inject some kind of pro Aussie, Anti US message into it.
gtfo lil girl

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sly1one

reply to post by Wookiep

good point, and because of this we shall direct our attention away from Colorado and its people because the "Aussies" endured much worse....and until something happens that tops the "Aussie" disasters we shall pay no attention and care not one bit about anything or anyone who can't live or die by those "standards"....

Thats not what I'm saying, why should an American disaster be labelled as the apocalypse, yet other disasters like the one in Australia get labelled as nothing?
Why is it only an apocalypse if it happens in America?

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Wookiep isn't the only one to use that word to describe the situation. One woman interviewed on CNN earlier today via phone who has been affected by this said the same thing. I'm sorry you are mad that we are concerned about what happens in our own nation. It won't happen again, I promise.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Ok in all reality does it matter what words are used to discribe the event? For some it is nothing for others it is the end of everything they know.
edit on 27-6-2012 by Azdraik because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   
I'm heading to the Denver area this weekend. We were suppose to go to Cripple Creek which is about 20 miles from Colorado Springs. I'm will get some pictures if I can and post them when I get back. That really sucks, I love that area.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by thehoneycomb

I stand corrected.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Juggernog

Dude, why are you always starting crap? Whatever the thread is about, you take the opportunity to inject some kind of pro Aussie, Anti US message into it.
gtfo lil girl

I'm not starting anything? This is not an anti-US rant, but why should it be labelled as the apocalypse if its just an American disaster?

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Thats not what I'm saying, why should an American disaster be labelled as the apocalypse, yet other disasters like the one in Australia get labelled as nothing?

How about Definition Number 5? Ever look at a dictionary before or did they ban them too in the land going down under?

a·poc·a·lypse
   [uh-pok-uh-lips]
noun
1.( initial capital letter ) revelation ( def. 4 ) .
2.any of a class of Jewish or Christian writings that appeared from about 200 b.c. to a.d. 350 and were assumed to make revelations of the ultimate divine purpose.
3.a prophetic revelation, especially concerning a cataclysm in which the forces of good permanently triumph over the forces of evil.
4.any revelation or prophecy.
5.any universal or widespread destruction or disaster

You Aussie are so whipped, they took your guns and now you complain when your own kind are photographed holding them and your swimmers can't be shown in a bathing suit, Get over yourself please and drop this!

edit on 27/6/12 by sirric because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sek82

Wookiep isn't the only one to use that word to describe the situation. One woman interviewed on CNN earlier today via phone who has been affected by this said the same thing. I'm sorry you are mad that we are concerned about what happens in our own nation. It won't happen again, I promise.

Wow you are a narcisist, I'm mad that you are concerned what is happening in Colorado? Really? Show me where I am mad at you for being concerned?

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Azdraik

Dang

You mad bro?

Nope, just replying to people who think I'm in the wrong.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by sirric

How about Definition Number 5? Ever look at a dictionary before or did they ban them too in the land going down under?

a·poc·a·lypse
   [uh-pok-uh-lips]
noun
1.( initial capital letter ) revelation ( def. 4 ) .
2.any of a class of Jewish or Christian writings that appeared from about 200 b.c. to a.d. 350 and were assumed to make revelations of the ultimate divine purpose.
3.a prophetic revelation, especially concerning a cataclysm in which the forces of good permanently triumph over the forces of evil.
4.any revelation or prophecy.
5.any universal or widespread destruction or disaster

You Aussie are so whipped, they took your guns and now you complain when your own kind are photographed holding them and your swimmers can't be shown in a bathing suit, Get over yourself please and drop this!

edit on 27/6/12 by sirric because: (no reason given)

Most people who are normal would consider the apocalypse to be a global-destruction event, not something confined to a state in the US..

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Maybe because the OP wanted to sensationalize his thread, maybe he viewed the images of the dark smoke that enveloped the area and in his mind, was apocalyptic in nature
Regardless, it doesnt warrant an Australian vs USA disaster comparison like little kids on a playground.

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join