It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Colorado Springs Apocolypse?! Waldo Canyon Wildfire 32,000 Evacuated, Many Houses/Buildings Burned!

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Taupin Desciple

I guess I've got some more learning to do on this then. Thanks for clarifying that. I've never lived up there, but I study maps when I have some extra time ( In short supply these days) and I saw the patterns go from southwest to northeast, so I just figured......but I guess thin air = dry air. Yeah, I guess that does make sense. But the amount of snowfall in the winter, I just assumed there was a good deal of moisture up there.

I also get what people are saying about the Feds not doing anything. Or not much. Local people and agencies just need to band together and get these fires contained.

Godspeed to them all.

The weather patterns are really interesting to me, although I have not studied much on them really. It is always strange to me how even up in the mountains with snows on the caps how it can be so freakin dry. The winters that we get a lot of snow does help to not have as many fires or rather they are easier to contain. But we have had so many mild winters over the past 10 years that the whole state is basically a big tinder box waiting to go up. All it takes is a lightening strike, as the case with the High Park fire and I believe the one in Boulder and Colorado Springs. Colorado is an odd state for sure! My sister lives in Washington State and if it were not for the lack of sun, I'd move there willingly! So much greener and less on fire than here.

I hope we get a decent winter this year! I remember growing up here and we would get snow by Halloween, then it would snow and not melt, snow again, not melt.. ect.. and we had snow on the ground from Oct till April when it would start to melt. Then we got our worst snow blizzards in April and May. These days it can snow 5 times in a winter and people who have not lived here for very long start crying about what a horrible bad out of the ordinary winter we are having! LMAO I do however refrain from laughing at them while they are still standing in front of me.

People really have been banding together quite well with the High Park fire, I'm not sure about the others. My mom is with the food crew and she is making meals for the firemen. There are all sorts jumping in and doing everything they can to either help get the fire out or help those who are putting it out. These guys go in with light colored skin and come out black with soot from head to toe. The only white you see is the white of their eyes and mom says you can see the exhaustion in their eyes.
But they lay down and rest an hour or few, eat and get right back at it. They are freakin work horses these men!

edit on 27-6-2012 by MaMaa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Colorado went blue in 2008 and now they go Red with fire in 2012. How ironic that a state that voted for a change got a change they never dreamed of? Katrina payback anyone?

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by TruckDriver69

Could we please dispense with the partisan politics until the ashes cool?

Thanks

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruckDriver69
Colorado went blue in 2008 and now they go Red with fire in 2012. How ironic that a state that voted for a change got a change they never dreamed of? Katrina payback anyone?

You know that a good woman was killed in one of these fires, was that ok because maybe she voted a certain way? Which of course we have no way of knowing anyway, but lets go ahead and generalize. What about all of the people with children who have lost their homes? Good hard working people, but hey.. if they voted the wrong way it must be payback? No one is groveling for federal help or expecting the govt to jump in and hand us money and apologize for lightening starting a fire.

You laugh at the death and destruction of your own people? For what it is worth, not everyone in Colorado are liberal dems. There are PLENTY of very conservative people and you have absolutely no way of knowing who is who, but you lump the whole state in and act as if this is a deserved thing.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   
the fire maps posted on this thread have not been updated
for hours!! is the fire growing? being contained? whats happening?

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Al Qaeda Muslim terrorists?
www.fireandreamitchell.com...

Were these fires set by Obama Terrorist allies? Obama seems to be ignoring the disaster like no other president would. With Katrina you had a Democrat Governor telling Bush to stay the heck out of the state. Obama cut the Air Force C130 fire fighting planes and sent them to Afghanistan. Colorado voted for the guy and he is killing them off.. Oh the irony!

I guess Colorado kind of deserves this. They went Blue in 2008 so I guess they don't mind sleeping with child molesters and rapists in community shelters. I''ll bet the Sandusky & Larry Brinkin crews are having a field day with Colorado children tonight.

Are you sick in the head? Thousands of people are losing everything they have ever worked for, and you're chasing attention by cracking tasteless jokes? And you think it's funny on top of that? If you aren't going to seek help, at least stay off this thread. You aren't impressing anybody.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Taupin Desciple
reply to post by MaMaa

According to the press conference earlier, they said what Colorado considers their monsoon season is from mid July to the end of August. I have never seen what I would call a monsoon in Colorado but then again in Tuscon they are extreme.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   

reply to post by MaMaa

Its a lesson learned for everyone in Colorado. They voted for someone who cut the funds that could win this fight. Colorado is losing a war Obama is unwilling to fight. A good woman died? A good woman by whos standards? Just because you say its so doesn't make it so..

And just because you say this is some sort of karmic lesson for an entire state doesn't make it so either. If you thought she was a conservative republican would you feel differently? I know my town happens to lean more conservative compared to places like Boulder and Denver so who knows.. maybe she wasn't an Obama voter, would that change your opinion of her? I have serious doubts that more funding would have made much difference. Even if Obama wasn't in office, I would bet that any other president would have cut the same damn funding. If it were a republican who cut funding would you still be laughing at death and destruction? I am about as far away from being a liberal dem as you can get, but I'm not blind enough to think that a republican is any better. They are all politicians who cut funding to anything they deem unimportant to their own interests. A republican would have done the same, they are all a bunch of crooks.

This is not some karmic payback because some people in the state voted for Obama. Get real and stop being such a heartless jerk. When Romney is in office, what do you bet he will cut funding to all sorts of things too!

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agarta
reply to post by Taupin Desciple
reply to post by MaMaa

According to the press conference earlier, they said what Colorado considers their monsoon season is from mid July to the end of August. I have never seen what I would call a monsoon in Colorado but then again in Tuscon they are extreme.

They must be talking about the longer rains we get.. that go from being 2-10 minutes in June to 10-20 minutes in July & August! LMAO It rained here earlier and literally was maybe 2 minutes of sprinkling. It 'down poured'.. aka heavier rain, but not a real down pour further west into the foothills for ohh 5 minutes.
edit on 27-6-2012 by MaMaa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   
people are losing everything they own!! colorado is burning down and you want to
discuss politics!!!??

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Please don't allow this important information thread get derailed.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by autopat51
people are losing everything they own!! colorado is burning down and you want to
discuss politics!!!??

I'm here in Colorado and no I don't want to discuss politics, It just makes me mad to see such a heartless jerk say things like that.

link   

Originally posted by autopat51
the fire maps posted on this thread have not been updated
for hours!! is the fire growing? being contained? whats happening?

This is the latest map that I have seen:

link   

Originally posted by ElohimJD

Originally posted by BobAthome
well if that aint,, hail ,mingled with fire,, or was it fire mingled with hail??,

It is and you NAILED exectly what we are all witnessing. 1st trumpet is sounding.

God Bless,

No this is not the first trumpet, please don't speak about things you don't understand as if you do. The first Trumpet was named Abel, and he is dead and buried, knowing nothing at this time. In fact all 6 now at this time of the 7 trumpets are dead, the sixth dying some years back, Yaquob Hawkins, survived by the 7th Trumpeter his younger brother the white buffalo: Yisrayl Abel Hawkins. Now that you know now, go about your buisness but watch out for the tounge, it is the hardest of all the members of the body to tame. Such a small thing, yet able to ignite such a huge wildfire!

Just for clarification, the trumpet represents the speaker, ,,who speaks......who trumps for the creator who's name is YaHWeH alone. That is the reason you didn't have a clue as to anything spoken of in revelation,,,because it is hidden from you. None of the wicked will understand, your gods have lied to you, and your bible tells you so, but you don't read it, you only listen to lying preachers who work for satan. If you want to understand the bible, the first thing you should do is open it up to the first page and read from the blank cover to the backside of the book no skipping one word, or failing to pronounce one name, and it will be known that you are interested, and if you haven't done that, please don't talk about the love of this or him or her or that cuz if there was ever a book that you read twice or more, or a movie you watched over and over from beginning to end, then how can you be justified in front of the one who worked so hard and put so much effort into making sure you had a perfect "playbook" and instead you didn't want to retain YaHWeH in your knowledge, so he gave you up to a reprobate mind...to do those things you know are evil. Knowing that those who do such things are deserving of death, you not only do these things but approve of people who teach other to do them and teach yourself.

If you don't recognize these words, you better go back and read it the first time! Again!

Peace

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by MaMaa

I always checked my watch against the afternoon 3 min rain you could almost set it to 3:15 lol. I know this is an exageration a little bit but yah short afternoon rains that last a little longer.

The problem is now that if CS does get heavy rains it could flash flood the City now that all the natural water blocks and absorbers(trees) are gone so it is hazard(hail storms) after hazard(fire) after hazard(floods).

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

ty for the map..
my god this is terrible

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by autopat51

Just updated 30 mins ago:

maps.google.com...

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Juggernog

What I said was there was a report fom the FBI that they had intell that this could happen...not that it did happen.
edit on 27-6-2012 by ManicDepresive1 because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-6-2012 by ManicDepresive1 because: added line

edit on 27-6-2012 by ManicDepresive1 because: cant spell

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join