It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Colorado Springs Apocolypse?! Waldo Canyon Wildfire 32,000 Evacuated, Many Houses/Buildings Burned!

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

how far is the fire from the Manitou Springs and Woodland Park

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
my family has........had a vacation home in colorado springs lol. good thing the insurance covers this stuff.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
*Apocalypses

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by rebellender

It's pretty close to both. All of Woodland Park is on either mandatory evac or pre-evac status. All of Manitou is on Pre-evac status. Manitou was evacuated once, but the fire on the west side of Hwy 24 was pretty under control so residents were allowed to go back.
edit on 27-6-2012 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I am watching the press conference now, they said the wind is picking up again and it is going to halt water drops from the air.

On a better note though it's raining a little bit here in Pueblo and a bit in the springs! Let's keep up the rain dances people it's working!!

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
28 years ago my husband and I honeymooned in a cabin in Chipita Park and visited Manitou Springs....it makes me sad to think that the cabin will or has been burned to bits. It's beatiful there....this is a real tragedy.

I have growing concerns for Colorado Springs burning...the fire is just so out of control it sounds like. Hopefully a non-lightening rain storm will come and put it out.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Hey, Just got back from the Air Acadamey, the wind is getting bad and the fire is on the back side of the mountain right behind the A.F.A.. Thats were Crystola and Woodland park are. We could see right up into Rockrimmon/Centenial area and could see structures / trees burning. The wind started to whip the smoke so bad visability drop to almost nothing, I can see how hard it would be to dispatch crews when you cant even see the mountain cause of heavy smoke. Ash is falling everywhere I ate a lot. Yummy .
I-25 was moving pretty good.
So people understand this can get worse, trees are everywhere here in C.S. , meaning the fire has a freeway to the the heavy populated areas.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManicDepresive1
Hey, Just got back from the Air Acadamey, the wind is getting bad and the fire is on the back side of the mountain right behind the A.F.A.. Thats were Crystola and Woodland park are. We could see right up into Rockrimmon/Centenial area and could see structures / trees burning. The wind started to whip the smoke so bad visability drop to almost nothing, I can see how hard it would be to dispatch crews when you cant even see the mountain cause of heavy smoke. Ash is falling everywhere I ate a lot. Yummy .
I-25 was moving pretty good.
So people understand this can get worse, trees are everywhere here in C.S. , meaning the fire has a freeway to the the heavy populated areas.

enjoying every bodys updates. I lived in the Springs 72-75 and loved it there, then rotated through Ft Carson in 2000 on deployments

Yes there are many trees throughout the city and the fire can jump the Freeway with the way the wind is whipping around..

this time of year rain is in thunder showers

keep the updates coming

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Best wishes to all in the area. Stay safe!

Horrible scenes

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Rain Rain come today and wash the fires in Colorado away for this I pray !

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
My thoughts and prayers are with the people and the animals in the affected areas. As an animal lover I feel horrible knowing this is the time of year the animals are having and raising their babies. It must be a terrifying time for them and the photo of that injured deer confirms some of my fears about the fate of Colorado's beautiful wildlife. I hope that people aren't separated from their pets, too, or losing them as the outdoor ones run off. I have many rescue cats and a large dog and I don't know how hard it would be on us in an evacuation situation and I hope I never find out because I suspect it would be a nightmare. I can't imagine what people with horses and other large animals are going through.

And of course the sight of people's homes and special gathering places being burnt to the ground is very saddening. I'm truly sad to read of not just homes being lost but some of you losing places where you marked your special events.

To the people from other countries who think the topic is self centered, go back over the old posts about disasters in UK, Australia, Japan, Chile, and New Zealand to name just a few and see all the posts of concern from USA ATS members.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
New 200 acre fire reported North of Kiowa in Elbert county.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Kinda off topic but there was a tornado reported south of Pueblo..... Crazy stuff!

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I heard from a coworker the FBI was called in to investigate the start of this fire... anyone know if there is truth to this?

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
This map shows burned area and evac areas... sorry if this has been shown already. It loads slow so be patient.

link   

Originally posted by SheeplFlavoredAgain
My thoughts and prayers are with the people and the animals in the affected areas. As an animal lover I feel horrible knowing this is the time of year the animals are having and raising their babies. It must be a terrifying time for them and the photo of that injured deer confirms some of my fears about the fate of Colorado's beautiful wildlife. I hope that people aren't separated from their pets, too, or losing them as the outdoor ones run off. I have many rescue cats and a large dog and I don't know how hard it would be on us in an evacuation situation and I hope I never find out because I suspect it would be a nightmare. I can't imagine what people with horses and other large animals are going through.

And of course the sight of people's homes and special gathering places being burnt to the ground is very saddening. I'm truly sad to read of not just homes being lost but some of you losing places where you marked your special events.

To the people from other countries who think the topic is self centered, go back over the old posts about disasters in UK, Australia, Japan, Chile, and New Zealand to name just a few and see all the posts of concern from USA ATS members.

I agree with you 100%...that's why this is such a tragedy.....I pray that rains will come and put the fires out..so much human and animal suffering is just terrible. I haven't read every comment, but if people in other countries dont have compassion for this situation, then shame on them. You will continue to have our compassion anyway.

link   
unconfirmed reports of rain and hail in CS. Lets hope its true!
This is nuts, they must have some super secret tech for a huge fire???

Rain baby rain!

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by tinker9917

I havent heard that yet, BUT there was an FBI warning released by Denver Div. warning of Al Quidia setting fires. It is posted on page 2 or 3 of this thread.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Just relocated to Co Springs from Allentown, PA -- as of 10 days ago. Had two days of exploring and enjoying the area before this happened... its depressing.

For those who want some more updates:

maps.google.com...

evac/fire map from the Gazette.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by harryhaller

Originally posted by CrimsonKapitalbut we didn't make a thread about it did we?

Actually there were a whole bunch of threads, where people from all over the world were really supportive and sympathic. Just search for Australia wildfires, Australia floods, etc.

Now stop being a twat please.

Yes but did we call it a apocalypse? Your a hypocrite.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join