It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have now Fear, Blissified Is Here!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Hello folks im a 21 year old canadian male ive been lurking this forum basicly longer them i can remember. (for about 8 years i think? If its even been around for that long?) I come to ats every day atleast once to get REAL and most of the time UNBIASED news and some of the most intelectual and out of the box opinons i have ever been blessed with reading.

Now a little about myself, i do not classifiy myself with a political party. (im talking american politics here at first) because im a heavy believer in not using labels and that labels are a key tool in "brainwashing" or lets use a lighter word "opinion biasism modifiying" (made that up i know shush!) I beleive labels are not only used to sway poltical opinions but EVERYTHING. Folks and yes i am a canadian but this is for all politics and LIFE - do not get caught up in labelling, an example is say your a hard core democrate because, you believe in their basic beleifs
here comes ron paul, now you know based on FACTS OBAMA CLEARELY LIED TO THE PEOPLE his first term,
A brainwashed person votes democrate anyways.

Im also a believer of we, the people ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR OUR GOVERMENTS ACTIONS!! LISTEN UP

If your government (will use the U.S.A as an example just because) goes to war with (an example folks chill!) Canada, would you people say "ah shoot, thats too bad but its not me its my government" which i here ALL THE FRIGGIN TIME! Thats no way out, but say the U.S goes to war with iraq, with the official reason being "we beleive they may have weapons of mass destruction"
which everyone knew damn well wasn't the case and even if they did, YOU the people use this excuse all the time
and its wrong as soon as the people start taking RESPONSABILITY for their governments then and only then WILL WE THE PEOPLE ever get what most of us want which is peace, and folks im not just bashing the U.S, my country Canada is no better, but i am not a hippoycrit as i am currently helping the montreal situation and no destroying and vandalizing mom and pop stores is not helping the cause and that just the media spin they have to make us young generations look bad. BUT their is only so much i can do as i live in Toronto.

(NOTE* im not generalizing when i say "YOU" the people im talking about a increasing trend amongst not just the U.S's population but basicly everyone of the worlds populace)

Anyways i have to do some running around before i go to work, ill get into some of my other stances im sure in threads, also yes i do thing there was SOME FORM of foul play at NYC (BUITIFUL CITY BEEN THEIR A FEW TIMES).

One last thing how do i make my avatar work do i need to get a certaint ammount of posts? i uploaded it and just a recomendation i looked for information regarding my avatar and all it said was the rules of the avatar such as no profanity then i looked at the next logical spot and their was no mention of this just ATS'S Disclaimer i know you have the info somewhere but please make it easier to find for newcomers, just a recomendattion, im also pretty tech savy i admit i didn't look for longer then 10 minutes because im currently working on a newer and awesomer (invented word)
Avatar in photoshop "cuz i w1n at ph0t0$h()P
edit on 6/25/2012 by tothetenthpower because: --Mod Edit--All Caps Title.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Blissified

Hi , and welcome to the Introductions Forum of the ATS community. For now you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's) Private Messages to Staff only. Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

General ATS Discussion Etiquette.

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

New Rules for Avatars and Mini-ProfileBackgrounds

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

ATS Video Tutorials

Signature Guidelines

Terms & Conditions

Take some time to look around and orient yourself.

~Tenth
ATS Moderator

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Welcome.

But, why can't you newbies at least SPELL or check your GRAMMAR before you post?

"Have now Fear" is your title.

Geesh. If you are going to try to make a good first impression, at least take time to make sure that you do!

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by phantomjack
Welcome.

But, why can't you newbies at least SPELL or check your GRAMMAR before you post?

Geesh. If you are going to try to make a good first impression, at least take time to make sure that you do!

HI Phantom, as a poor speller I understand where your coming from. What is the best way to spell check my posts? I know enough about computers and programs but what is the easiest way to do this?

I sometimes run it through microsoft word?
edit on 25-6-2012 by fnpmitchreturns because: ha ha ha sp

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   

HI Blissified, Canada is a great place. I drove the AL-CAN to Alaska and I loved it. But I love the outdoors since I grew up country..... now, I just a redneck with computer experience.

I hope you enjoy ATS and learn not to take criticism too personally.....

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by fnpmitchreturns

Welcome.

HI Phantom, as a poor speller I understand where your coming from. What is the best way to spell check my posts? I know enough about computers and programs but what is the easiest way to do this?

Turn on the spell checker in your browser settings. What browser / version are you using?

Look, I realize that not everyone can spell well, but at least make an effort on the Subject line / Title of your post...as for the content of the post, I can get through it with spelling / grammar errors...but when you make an announcement in the Title line, at least get 'er right. It sets the tone for your post.

edit on 25-6-2012 by phantomjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Welcome.

Oh man, im very sorry i was on my lunchbreak, using my new iphone and i didn't notice the epic spelling failures, and also i must admit i was typing my thoughts un-filtured i have a bad habbit of doing this.

ESPECIALLY if i noticed that i mispelled the title i would have edited it asap, my spelling isn't really too bad and im not new to the forum ive been around since the begining i just was a long time lurker, i don't need spellchecks normally my spelling mistakes ARE minimal. I'm used to a blackberry keyboard and the way i type i usually do it fast and good (ahha im grammar trollin' :p) enough that i don't have to re-read my posts, even though its a good habbit to get into.

(This post was fully done on my computer, typing 90 words per minute roughly / no spellcheck)

.... I feal like an uber fool for what i did ..
edit on 25-6-2012 by Blissified because: adding extra clarity, duh

edit on 25-6-2012 by Blissified because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by phantomjack

A spell checker wouldn't have picked up "now" instead of "no".

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Mate, it happens to the best of us, we all knew what you meant....

A sub conscious spin on "have no fear"...namely "have fear now"

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Welcome.

Hey, come on. Be nice. You were a "newbie" once yourself.

ATS is better than that. We don't belittle people around here. Sometimes people make typos and sometimes people make mistakes. That includes you.

And being mean to people about it is not a great way to make people feel very welcome. Show them what ATS is about...If you are unaware, well, nothing in this post of yours is very representative of what ATS is about.

I guess what I am trying to say is, No one is perfect, so give the OP a break. Besides, as has been said, a spell checker would not recognize "now" as an incorrect spelling... So be nice.

That said... Spiel Chalk wilt not caught everything..... ( Spell check will not catch everything....Only incorrectly spelled words)

OP, welcome to ATS. I look forward to seeing you around the boards. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to send me a message. I am always happy to help...

And if I may say, don't expect posts like the above...That is NOT the norm and it is not what is accepted around here.

My sincere apologies to you. And for the record. ATS does not have "newbies". We have new minds with more to add the the discussions and all are welcome. Whether they have been here for 8 years or one day.

Vote Truth_2012
edit on 25-6-2012 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blissified

.... I feal like an uber fool for what i did ..

Please don't. I am a writer and have done freelance journalism and even I have trouble spelling.

It happens to the best of us! Not to say I am the best ( Far from it!) but, even people who write, like me, are prone to it.

Peace and love.

Again, if you have any questions, feel free to send me a message any time
Always happy to help out.

Vote Truth_2012
edit on 25-6-2012 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Welcome.

What spelling problem do you see? Granted the grammar is a bit archaic, but that is obviously a warning. Clearly we are to now be stricken with fear. Fear can come in many forms, mine used to be flying. To help calm my fear of flying, my friend told me that there is more chance of dying from slipping in the shower than dying in an airplane crash. So I was looking up the statistics on how many people die in showers. Crap, he was right, man they must have had slippery showers during World War II.

Is geesh a word?

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Well, we all love our grammer nazis... I am used to a program that instantly corrects any misspellings, and when I am home I do not have that... it so sucks not to have it when you are used to it!

but who cares if we can spell? I certainly do not so long as the ideas are great!

that said, welcome to ATS Virtual World... glad you immigrated to our world, that one which is above all the others!

lol... did I mention we are nuts sometimes? (well me anyway! hahaha)

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 04:19 AM
link   
Ive decided i will no lomger post messages from my iphone especially when on the phone its a lot harder for me to go over and re-read my posts... When i type my thoughts without second thinking what im saying my grammar is even worse then usual. Also don't apoligize for person who commeted on my spelling and grammar, twas' worse then my norm.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by fnpmitchreturns

Welcome.

Turn on the spell checker in your browser settings. What browser / version are you using?

Look, I realize that not everyone can spell well, but at least make an effort on the Subject line / Title of your post...as for the content of the post, I can get through it with spelling / grammar errors...but when you make an announcement in the Title line, at least get 'er right. It sets the tone for your post.

I am using Internet explorer 9. I try looking onlne

top topics

join