It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

David Cameron declares war on welfare culture.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Wide-Eyes

Awesome! I mean it. Sure the government saves a few bucks, but then the social problems these people will create will help being them down in the end. These people once screwed over by the system will become problems for life, and thus, I hope will contribute to the crowd that puts the jerks in charge of our sick system down and out of humanity's misery.

The sooner the system collapses, the sooner we can defeat them and move on. The solution should be a unified humanity on a single goal, removing the cancer that infects society. From there, people should be on their own to voluntarily submit to whichever system has the best to offer. Occupy is doing nothing but using the environment to put us into receivership with china, employing a spy-grid through their local agenda 21 pushing transition towns (one of their initiatives is dorchester 21). These people from transition town are exploiting the welfare culture of the bubble wrap generation. Here in Victoria, occupy leadership pretty much all came from Transition Town. These people denied any connection to Agenda 21, however their connections to Transition Town is pretty clear and Transition Town's intent to deliver local Agenda 21 is pretty clear as well. No wonder government partially sympathizes with them, and the eviction, it wasn't for a lack of sympathy but rather a PR Stunt so the news would have some to talk about to get people more interested in defending occupy (they wanted people to rush to their aid, I feel so used).

There's a war on, but it is not LEFT vs. RIGHT. It is MASTER vs SLAVE, the MASTER hypnotist pulls out his watch and uses it like a pendelum, swinging it from LEFT to RIGHT, keep you busy focusing on the motions while the MASTER hangs on to the pivot. The MASTER is the one whom makes the pendelum swing, whom lures you into the game of following the watch while they hold onto the chain. What we are looking at is a massive illusion that is either resolving into a two-tier eco-fascist society if people choose the path of easy nourishment from the government mammary gland, or if people figure it all out and decide to go for freedom they will have a much tougher time of learning how to be strong, independent, and how to wipe their own butts for a change. I vote for freedom, but have noticed there are alot of people whom think government knows better than the rest of us even though they have seriously screwed things up and should instead be held responsible for their actions and incompetent management rather than get rewarded for it.

I personally find it ridiculous, executives and bankers whom commit fraud are gifted larger bonuses which the government turns a blind eye to, and I guess a complicit and totally corrupt government is gifted with more power and the ability to grow entirely unchecked and out of control.

The old system is a cancer it needs to be removed in it's entirety and replaced with a mantra of liberty. Occupy is not for freedom, it is for a master/slave society. They are watermelons, green on the outside, red in the middle. I wonder if anybody can find much on occupy attending smart meter protests? (not really, and that is because these control freaks need this sort of device to cement in their bolshevik of establishing little networked soviets across the planet).

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by sapien82
reply to post by McGinty

the art of war is quite detailed on subterfuge though !

Yes, and formal routes of complaint are incredibly deceptive in their claims of transparency.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Suspiria

Originally posted by bottleslingguy

Originally posted by Wide-Eyes
leaving you not a lot to pay the bills and have some sort of spare cash to actually do things with your family.

no more cable tv, cigarettes and fancy sneakers and there's the incentive to get off assistance. you shouldn't have more than basics when on assistance. you should go to the govt doctor to get a nutrition card and only be allowed to buy the foods that are going to keep you healthy. Go to the govt clothing store for govt clothes, etc. because if we pretend as though you have a normal life receiving govt assistance there is no incentive to ever get off it.

So while we are at it, may as well take ourselves and our kids to the poor house.
Christ, would you like us all to be made to wear a symbol showing our caste in society too?

If you believe that's where you belong then I guess you'll have to grin and bear it. I was on welfare as a single dad with two small children and after experiencing welfare firsthand, got sick of not having a dime and got off my ass and found work. I even did an interview for washing windows with my two year old daughter sleeping in my arms. I took a job washing and detailing cars and then luckily got the job I've had now for sixteen years.

I blame the govt for allowing people to sit on their asses and crap out kids left and right knowing the govt will support them no matter what. If that's all you expect from people that's all they will do. I think it's wrong to make things cozy for them otherwise why would they want to get off assistance? Sure there are those who are totally incapable of wiping their own arse, but why should we encourage that? I don't mind my taxes helping people but not supporting a lifestyle of sloth.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
reply to post by McGinty

I should probably correct my typo here..

There is no cast iron process...

Only the Queen has the power to dissolve parliament, but the Party can dismiss their Leader and give us a new PM all without a vote, a la Brown.

Technically, the PM doesn't have to be a member of the largest party, nor do they even have to be an MP. They just need the "support" of a 50%+1 of the sitting MP's. The whole notion of parties within Parliament is a farce anyway, Parliament doesn't recognise them, they are only there because we allow them to be. Each MP should be representing his constituency, not his party.

Thanks for your correction stumason.

So in short, the people have no power of complaint that can effect the party in a real way - as in giving them the boot. So it's up to the establishment to punish itself on our behalf.

Well how's that worked out for us so far....

The expenses scandal punished just the odd martyr despite most of them milking the system...

The Leveson enquiry gave Rebekah Brooks an easy ride, yet the police later found enough evidence to charge her....!

The bankers were, and still are continually rewarded for losing our money with handouts from our taxes (paid for by cutting housing benefit among other things)....

As for Parliament not recognising themselves as separate parties... The smoke screen of 'separate parties' is just for us sheaple, so it's a little less obvious to the voters that whoever they vote for the same people get in.

edit on 25-6-2012 by McGinty because: clarity/reformatting

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   

This is going to cause riots, mark my words.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
naaa it's a standard psy opp. Propose something that's gonna harm people. And that normally people would be opposed to. But people being so stupid all you do is come up with a few reason as to why it's so good and they'd go along with it. Even praise the changes that will harm them and save the elitist several billion more so they can go by some more private islands, yatchs, mansions, and harums.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Suspiria

Originally posted by Wide-Eyes
leaving you not a lot to pay the bills and have some sort of spare cash to actually do things with your family.

no more cable tv, cigarettes and fancy sneakers and there's the incentive to get off assistance. you shouldn't have more than basics when on assistance. you should go to the govt doctor to get a nutrition card and only be allowed to buy the foods that are going to keep you healthy. Go to the govt clothing store for govt clothes, etc. because if we pretend as though you have a normal life receiving govt assistance there is no incentive to ever get off it.

So while we are at it, may as well take ourselves and our kids to the poor house.
Christ, would you like us all to be made to wear a symbol showing our caste in society too?

If you believe that's where you belong then I guess you'll have to grin and bear it. I was on welfare as a single dad with two small children and after experiencing welfare firsthand, got sick of not having a dime and got off my ass and found work. I even did an interview for washing windows with my two year old daughter sleeping in my arms. I took a job washing and detailing cars and then luckily got the job I've had now for sixteen years.

I blame the govt for allowing people to sit on their asses and crap out kids left and right knowing the govt will support them no matter what. If that's all you expect from people that's all they will do. I think it's wrong to make things cozy for them otherwise why would they want to get off assistance? Sure there are those who are totally incapable of wiping their own arse, but why should we encourage that? I don't mind my taxes helping people but not supporting a lifestyle of sloth.

I can assure you sir, there is nothing cosy about being on the dole these days - If you can actually get on the dole. £56 a week.. You do the math

No one who works FT on the minimum wage can afford to move out, what's the incentive to work?

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by McGinty
So in short, the people have no power of complaint that can effect the party in a real way - as in giving them the boot. So it's up to the establishment to punish itself on our behalf.

There is currently no power of recall, but that is being touted with some new Bills going through Parliament. How effective that will be though, we shall see.

Well how's that worked out for us so far....

Turkey's don't vote for Christmas, matey

As for Parliament not recognising themselves as separate parties... That's just for us sheaple, so it's a little less obvious to the voters that whoever they vote for the same people get in.

Not sure if you misunderstood.. Parliament is a separate entity and has never recognised parties. There is simply the "Government" and the "Opposition".

Technically, it should simply be split between those MP's who support the Government and those that don't Nothing more, nothing less..

In the past, MP's could cross the floor easily, these days they won't do it unless they actually change Party.

Anything the parties do in Parliament, such as enforce whips etc, is not actually how Parliament should be run, but we have been sold the Party Politics line for so long we believe it is the way it should be.

There should be no parties, just representatives. The system has been corrupted beyond belief, but due to ignorance and complicity we have allowed it to grow into this beast we see today and because the Parliamentary authorities are basically made up of the same cronies in Parliament itself, we will never see any change unless we all grow some balls and do something about it.

I have tried, I really have, even at great personal expense, but people are disinterested, while at the same time moaning about "The Government"... Effing do something then you apathetic fudgewits... Jeebus...

Sorry, it winds me up.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by dr treg
About a year ago it was suggested Cameron has a personality disorder (PD) - the narcissistic PD.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Somehow the UK sheeple are now voting personality disorders into top policy making positions where policies are made to injure the same voters.

Cameron was NOT ELECTED. At the last UK general election returned a hung parliament, Clegg (leader of the 3rd party, the Liberal Democrats), first approached Gordon Brown but Gordon was having a fit because Labour lost and he had not been elected PM. So, Clegg went to his old Eton duffer and together they approached the Queen, who gave the mandate for the coalition bastard government we now have.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by teapot

That is one way of spinning it, but do remember that the Tories garnered a clear 2 million more votes than any other party and are the largest party by far, so they did get a lot of support.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
I dont know what the legal way is to oust these people from No 10. That guy Muad Dib, of the Ripple effect. Who was charged and taken to court by the system. Then was found not guilty. Any way he has organised a night of protest against the govt. Said we should all go to downing street an do some cleaning. The night of his choice is bonfire night. Remember remember the 5th of November.
I may head over that way an have a butchers

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Firefly_
David Cameron and his cohorts all need to be forcefully removed from parliament, and then executed. They are systematically removing every safety net, they are robbing from the poor so they and their corporate sponsors can get richer. They are screwing the vulnerable because they know they cannot fight back and the majority of the population are either too ignorant, too apathetic or too brainwashed to care. This man and his policies are evil, there is no other word for it.

We are trying to look at who is abusing welfare and who is really in need. We are also looking into how welfare has made people complacent, people who think they are better off with welfare.

This research and debate can only be held among conservatives because liberals cant be reasoned or talked with. Like this post shows, liberals can only call out hateful slogans and call for the murder of anyone who disagrees with them. So before even looking into the welfare problem, we should look into the problem of liberals and their place in society.

It is by no means a coincidence that your call for murdering conservatives got the most stars in the entire thread.
edit on 25-6-2012 by lucid eyes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by stumason

Hardly spin! First past the post did not happen with only 2million extra votes over the opposition parties. Perhaps the LibDems are right about proportional representation.

Clegg may be the key to removing Cameron. Last week he (Clegg) was humiliated by Gove's 'leak' about the reintroduction of a two tier examination system in schools. I wonder how much he knew about today's missive. I wonder just how far Cameron and the Tories have gone to keep the LibDems ignorant of their true strategy on social welfare rights.

Somebody mentioned the doctors striking over pensions. It seems Wilson's old adage, 'a week is a long time in politics' is firmly in play here. It was only in March of this year that the Lords voted for NHS reform. You may recall that the Bill, effectively privatising some services within the NHS, made it possible for more than 50% of those lords that voted in favour, to personally benefit via their shareholdings in the big pharma that were negotiating the contracts. Then last week, Hague, standing in for Cameron and Clegg who where both at Rio for a couple of days, lambasted and patronised doctors. I have seen no press reports about how the BMA led the NHS protest against the Bill, nor anything to indicate that doctors have rumbled that the NHS Bill now disenfranchises health care workers as well as their patients.

Also last week, a DWP memo www.guardian.co.uk... was leaked to the Guardian about how job centre staff are to be vigilant in light of concerns that some new ESA claimnants may not cope with the enforced changes. How much psychiatric training do you suppose job centre staff have had? The wording of the memo makes clear, the erosion of social welfare rights and the dismantling of the welfare state is a Tory policy that is being implemented and from where I see it, even the doctors and the BMA are being demonised as unworthy opposition to this travesty.

This government is fascist and really needs to be removed.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   

OP you are a troll.

The welfare that costs society the most in England is CORPORATE WELFARE, that is the State doing every bidding of the mega banks and the huge transnational corporations, like BP, and the nuclear industry. This is why Cameron and his cronies LIED to the public on the Fukushima nuke crisis, as it was reported by the Guardian. The UK government are a bunch of CRIMINALS, nothing less...

Compared to the billions given (through bailouts and tax waivers) to banks and big business, the slice of the national budget going to welfare programs is a joke!

Wide-Eyes: Eyes Wide Shut!
edit on 25/6/12 by Echtelion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   

David Cameron and his cohorts all need to be forcefully removed from parliament, and then executed.

Why do liberals always and without exception call for the murder of their opponents? Surely we should be able to live in a world of more civil discourse and settling disagreements through debate?

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
High time too!!!

They should just axe all this scrounge money 100%.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Ive heard it said quite a few times here....

The welfare budgets is a sliver compared to what is spent elsewhere. David cameron was lucky he didnt drowned in a few inches of water in a bucket as a baby.

Yet again another rich idiot finds a way to claim personal responsibility for his life experiances and good fortune. "What a good boy am i" he says. We are all victims of our own realitys...

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I once heard Gerald Celente say in an interview "when people have nothing to lose they lose it"

I dont like the culture here in Scotland that if you are pregnant or have a kid the council have to give you a house. In saying that working minimum wage, paying rent and full council tax leaves you ruffly £20 better off a month depending on the rent.

Why would anyone want to knock there pan in working full time for an extra £20??

Instead of removing the benifits completly it should be changed so that people living on minimum wage have there housing and council tax subsidized so they can better there lot in life. This would encourge people to find work as it would be to there benifit.

Proplem is I think Cameron and his lot want more riots in London only so he can pass new laws ect that will ultimetly benifit him and his corprate mates.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by earthart
Mandatory drug testing for welfare recipients and a certain amount of income for families to have babies. Once you have your limit they temporarily fix you to have no more until you can prove you can afford it, then they undo it for you. Prevent these folks from bringing kids into world that they truly dont care about, and just ignore most of the time unless they are wailing on them. These little people grow up to be like their parents most of the time...If they survive the # their parents brought them through to gain more money.
I pay 560 dollars in child support for a child i get on weekends.His mother is a registered nurse making 20 plus an hour. I own my own business that is struggling in economy right now. She goes on 3 vacations a year with 3 kids she has all by different fathers.Goes on two cruises a year by herself or with the newest flame in her life. Has had 15 "boyfriends". Been married two times and lived in 12 different houses each time uprooting my kid to a different school.All this in the mere 10 years my son has been alive.She shows her children relationships dont matter, and love is apparently something you hang on your sleave, and stability ... Hell hes seen NO stability. Only bit he sees is everyother weekend at my house. After her i re-married for 8 years now same woman,got a beautiful little girl also.My son has been labeled as add, bi-polar,aspergerish also, when in reality she is the one to blame for his acting out.Point is not only poor people beat the system.This professional woman is doing a fine job at it. This is why i pray that this cruise shes taking this week will be her last as she falls overboard into the propellers of the ship. Sorry got on a rant...My bad!
Your telling me that it takes 12000 dollars a year for my son to survive. My half is roughly 6000 per year. She has two others she soaks the system for remember.

mandatory drug testing programs are a stupid waste of money. the amount you'll recapture in savings will be less that the overhead of the program. tried and tested many, many times.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by lucid eyes

David Cameron and his cohorts all need to be forcefully removed from parliament, and then executed.

Why do liberals always and without exception call for the murder of their opponents? Surely we should be able to live in a world of more civil discourse and settling disagreements through debate?

You just wrote that the "libuhrals" should be excluded from debates. Where's your credibility, neocon, if you haven't got any more logic than this???

Just who is calling for murder of their opponents? Just who has called for the murder of supporters of the Khaddafi regime, and cheered openly when the guy was assassinated? Now the same for Assad... And for all the "crimimulls" who aren't working for the State, or benefiting from it by the billions of Euros.

Cameron is a criminal for many things, the biggest one for having LIED to the public about the nuke crisis. There aren't many drug lords and petty crooks out there who are that malevolent.

The moral hypocrisy of conservatives is a bottomless pit.
edit on 25/6/12 by Echtelion because: (no reason given)

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join