It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

David Cameron declares war on welfare culture.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 04:26 AM
link   
The Conservatives say they're doing this because it's unfair that hard working young people can't afford to move out of their parents home, while unemployed young people get their own home paid for by the welfare state.....

So does this readdress the balance ?

NO !

It just means that now no one can afford to move out of their parents home.

If they wanted to readdress this balance then they'd announce a clear strategy for transferring that saved £1.8 billion to the pockets of the hard work young people they cited. But there seems to be no mention of such a strategy.

And why has none of the MSN asked them what will happen to the saved money?

My guess is it will 'help to pay our deficit'... In other words it'll be given to the banking system.

As usual this just proves how full of crap the Conservatives are. They rob from the poor and give to the rich and use divisive arguments to justify this. They know that if they underline that a part of society is getting more help than another part then humans are happy to see that part punished - stick'em in the stocks and pelt them...

This bloodlust provides an effective decoy, whilst the saved money is reallocated somewhere totally unrelated to their initial reason for doing this. Are we really such utter sheople?

Divide and conquer.

edit on 25-6-2012 by McGinty because: clarity

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 04:28 AM
link   
David Cameron has kicked me off jobseekers allowance because i left my job due to constructive dismissal.

You see, by rendering me financially destitute, unable to pay basic board of £120 and having a little bit of money for bus fare to get to and from interviews, apparently this is how they're going to help me get back into work - Fiddiots.

In others news, more tax cuts for the rich?

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 04:39 AM
link   
Just catching up on this thread and got this far before I felt I had to reply.

reply to post by tombangelta

All I see around me in the uk is thick scum who don't care about education

One of the roles of an educator is to inspire - clearly they are failing - or is it the inherent failings within our education system that promotes mediocrity and conformity?

I know a couple of teachers and they care passionately about what they do and the role they should play in helping develop our children yet they complain bitterly about the restrictions placed upon them.

The creation of a two tier system will only further marginalise and alienate whole sections of society.

And have no work ethic.

Bollocks.
I know many youngsters who desperately want to work but the simple FACT is that there are very few jobs about.

Starve them all to death or force them to grow crops.

Quite the one aren't we.

Karma is a bitch and I hope when it comes round you are fortunate to meet people more compassionate than you appear to be.

We are far to lenient on dense individuals who think they are owed
An existence.

Unlike intellectual giants like yourself?

Seems to me like you are tarring a very large group of people with the same brush.

Instead a blaming the result maybe you should save some your anger for those who created the conditions and society that you decry.

reply to post by NeoSpace

Finally David Cameron has the balls to do what needs to be done to fix this country,

What, by turning on the most vulnerable and helpless and by increasing their hardship in his drive twoards a Victorianesque society?

The savings he will make are negligible in the grander scheme of things yet the suffering he will cause is immense, ever taken the time to ask yourself why?

Total housing benefits accounts for 0.12% of total government spending and 1.35% of all welfare benefits.

Any savings made will be minimal yet the hardship caused to those affected could be immeasureable.

This country has been steadily regressing for decades, Cameron is merely accelerating the process.

if you disagree with him you have probably never met these lazy people on council estates or you'r one yourself making a career sitting on your ass claiming every penny you can.

So all benefit claimants live on council estates?
Do all people who live on council estates scrounge off the governement and idle their lives away?

I've lived on a council estate all my life - done numerous jobs - including managing betting shops, ran doors, managed my own security firm, owned pubs and worked my way to a relatively senior management position in a large multi-national company - and guess what - I disagree with you 100%.

Sure, there's some idle layabouts on council estates, there's some real scumbags - but same goes for every single private housing estate throughout the country.
But there's a hell of a lot more genuine, down to earth people who just want an even break and a fair days pay for a fair days graft - but unfortunately there's very few jobs around and those that are available pay an absolute pittance.

As I said in an earlier post this country should be looking for ways to progress and improve standards of living and quality of life but instead all we get are regressive and repressive policies.

We also have alot of immigrants coming over here with no intention of working, again raising tax's for the working population.

I have massive issues with this and previous governments immigration policies but to apportion the blame on the immigrants themselves is eerily remeniscent of days gone by - something that must never be repeated.
Again, perhaps you should save your anger for those who have conspired to tranform the very fabric of our society with their open door policy, appeasement to the EU and it's dictates and their social engineering experiments.

To continue growing and developing it is essential that a certain amount of immigration is both desired and required.

But that means people who have real and tangible skills to offer and those who can contribute in a positive and progressive way in our society.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 04:50 AM
link   
Benifits?
These were won by the blood of our dead ancestors, who were sent off to war in their thousands for some rich ass hole bankster. And when they returned after enduring a living hell, in the trenches ect. Were expected to go back and live like worthless slaves. So the govt decided that these returning heros should have decent homes schools and hospitals. And if they were to ill to go to work, or couldnt find any work. (a fault of the govt ) Then they would recieve a benifit. Then the govt people decided to sell off the council houses, with out building any replacement homes for the people. So all this crisis has been caused by the rich and our govt. What better way to punish the culprits. Lets attack the ill and the poor.
edit on 25-6-2012 by illuminnaughty because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 04:56 AM
link   
They want to take a look at the ludicrous charges that some of these landlords get away with.
If it wasn't so expensive, the benefit system wouldn't be losing as much.
This, along with the bedroom tax is a disgrace.

They'll tell you lots of people are milking the system but don't they always use that excuse when they want to take from the poor? Turn the focus from themselves.

A home isn't a luxury. It's a necessity.

Maybe they should just put all of those on low income in camps and then the rich can have the country to themselves.

They punish people for being out of work when there's NO work out there for them.

The people of the UK should start organising marches to London.

We need to protest against this out of control corporate run government.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Whilst I support the drive for smaller Government, I do fell that they (The Government) seem to set arbitrary targets that have no basis in any kind of facts, but will have a huge impact on people's lives.

Why 25? Is that not too old? Why not 21? Or 29? Why cut child benefit at £42K for a single earner, but allow two people on £35K each to claim the full whack?

Seems to me that, while well intentioned, this is the same old problem of people not really knowing what they are doing in charge. They never think longer than the next parliament, never think about knock on affects, they just keep fiddling with a broken system in the hope to win a few votes.

We need bloody change, wholesale change and while people generally agree with the sentiment, hardly anyone can be arsed to do anything about it. I try to drum up awareness, support and get something together but it's just me beating a drum while getting funny looks off people. I am seriously considering emigrating now, when only last year I was grilling others for suggesting the same. If no-one wants to lift a finger, why the fudge should I?

You get the Government you deserve, UK. If you (the people) don't give a crap, why should they? People will still, in 2015, go to the polls and put their "X" next to the same damned party they always do, despite every single one being full of self-serving twats who would otherwise fail in the real world.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by JackBauer

Originally posted by FOXMULDER147
People seeing this as "taking from the poor" are completely missing the point.

It's an attack on welfare culture (key word "culture"). That is, the "great unwashed" - those who leave school, sign on, and are quite content to eat Pringles all day while watching TV. Completely unmotivated because it's so easy to collect welfare.

And those complaining about immigrants... well, now our lazy nationals will have to get up off the sofa and fight those immigrants for jobs. And it's about time they did.

Labour turned the UK into a nation of couch potatoes. Cameron is trying to fix this mess.
And all many of you see is an elitist Oxford boy "taking from the little man". Please.

+1

There's two parties when it comes to welfare recipients. Those who are out of work and struggling to find another job, and those who flat out refuse to work and have four kids just so they get more money. I think a lot of the time people get the two mixed up in these discussions, or lump them into one blanket group.
edit on 6/24/2012 by JackBauer because: (no reason given)

Actually there is three, families who have their paltry wage topped up with working / child tax credit and get a little bit to take the strain off their rent and council tax. Many of those were already shafted recently at the beginning of April. But it doesn't matter even if someone does work in the home these days, the first mention of getting a little help and you are lumped into the feckless and workshy with the rest.

It's no bloody wonder people are feeling suicidal, the young are left to feel worthless, the majority of us are one bill away every week from the gutter, and god knows how many will end there this week with the gargantuan # up with the banks, a bedroom tax on council houses, seriously wtf next?

Boils my piss to watch this chubby cheeked chinless wonder and the scumrags who have their heads firmly wedged up his rectum churn out these attacks every damn time they need to smokescreen something, in this case all the tax avoidance. Oh no no no, nothing to see here....But look over there at all the dirty peasants laying about!

Makes you fecking sick!

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 05:29 AM
link   
reply to post by stumason

Nicely put.
What you say is how a lot of us feel.
It's frustrating.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

After reading through this thread I also need to respond.

You've received a bucket load of stars from me as nearly everything you have written I agree with and would have wrote myself if you had not. Well done.

I know many youngsters who desperately want to work but the simple FACT is that there are very few jobs about.
I would like to add in support of your comment that 'there are very few jobs about that pay a living wage for the young who live in this country.

The 'Evil Polish' are not taking our jobs. Those jobs belong to the bosses and they have chosen to give them to people that work for a lot less than is needed by our youth to live and build a life in THIS country.

If foreign workers are so much better as the great and the good maintain why are they always paid less? These foreign workers are being exploited just as much as we are and if a law was passed that they had to be paid equally what is needed by the UK residents you would see and hear a very different opinion from the employers.

The only reason for forcing our youth to live with their parents is because ALL governments have failed to address the housing shortage in this country.

I fear for the futures of the young in this country because they have none and it seems cameron is determined to deny them any little hope that remains of ever getting one.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 05:57 AM
link   
I've long believed that the benefits system in this country needs a lot of work, but this needs to a long term plan over 20 or 30 years, starting with rebuilding education so that kids stop getting pregnant at 15.

Cameron has said and done a lot of things that make me rage, but this has to be the most offensive and sickening proposal I have ever heard.

This finally proves, once and for all, that Cameron is a class-A Etonian tosser who was born with a Silver spoon in his mouth and had every door opened for him throughout his entire life. He is so detached from the realities of the average person in the UK he should be removed from office immediately.

Having a man like this as our PM, is like asking someone from the Nairobi desert to be our leader. There is no common ground here, he has no place representing the people of this country and I long for the day that he does something so offensive we hound him out of office.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 06:11 AM
link   
I feel so lucky that my father with his redundancy pay decided to buy a property for me and my sister to rent from him !

That way once the mortgage is paid we have the house as a financial asset.

Cameron is a dick ! anyone picking up on search results or key words ,then please by all means pick up this
cameron your a #in toe rag , an utter ghost of a man , souless diabolical scheming # !

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 06:13 AM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

he has done it , lets hound him out now before its too late .
How can the people of the UK ask for the immediate removal of the elected primeminister

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wide-Eyes
leaving you not a lot to pay the bills and have some sort of spare cash to actually do things with your family.

no more cable tv, cigarettes and fancy sneakers and there's the incentive to get off assistance. you shouldn't have more than basics when on assistance. you should go to the govt doctor to get a nutrition card and only be allowed to buy the foods that are going to keep you healthy. Go to the govt clothing store for govt clothes, etc. because if we pretend as though you have a normal life receiving govt assistance there is no incentive to ever get off it.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by illuminnaughty
Benifits?
These were won by the blood of our dead ancestors, who were sent off to war in their thousands for some rich ass hole bankster. And when they returned after enduring a living hell, in the trenches ect. Were expected to go back and live like worthless slaves. So the govt decided that these returning heros should have decent homes schools and hospitals.....

Was it out of goodwill that the welfare state was initiated, or out of fear that thousands of trained killers were returning and if they had nothing to return to they might revolt and turn on the rich.

I think a lot of the decision making was self preservation rather than goodwill.

Now of course the mob are not trained killers, but sheople bred on consumerism and watching a minority going overseas to fight our wars on TV.

where 1945 saw the return of an army, the subsequent military escapades have seen the sporadic return of damaged individuals in numbers too small to cause the establishment any problems.

The benefits they gave us because they had to, they now take back because they can.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 06:37 AM
link   
This about sums it up.
Expect everyone to live together in tighter conditions and lower wages for austerity, world sustainability and globalist policies while the elite have no such plans to subject themselves to the same. They on the other hand, feel they are entitled to it.

Originally posted by Firefly_
David Cameron and his cohorts all need to be forcefully removed from parliament, and then executed. They are systematically removing every safety net, they are robbing from the poor so they and their corporate sponsors can get richer. They are screwing the vulnerable because they know they cannot fight back and the majority of the population are either too ignorant, too apathetic or too brainwashed to care. This man and his policies are evil, there is no other word for it.

edit on 25-6-2012 by jacobe001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by bottleslingguy

Originally posted by Wide-Eyes
leaving you not a lot to pay the bills and have some sort of spare cash to actually do things with your family.

no more cable tv, cigarettes and fancy sneakers and there's the incentive to get off assistance. you shouldn't have more than basics when on assistance. you should go to the govt doctor to get a nutrition card and only be allowed to buy the foods that are going to keep you healthy. Go to the govt clothing store for govt clothes, etc. because if we pretend as though you have a normal life receiving govt assistance there is no incentive to ever get off it.

So while we are at it, may as well take ourselves and our kids to the poor house.
Christ, would you like us all to be made to wear a symbol showing our caste in society too?

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 06:46 AM
link   
I've argued here against this policy, but let me balance that with a little rational thinking:

I grew up in poverty in a deprived area. It was common practice, indeed it was seen as the normal right of passage to have a baby as soon as possible. This ensured a home paid for by the state; the more babies you had, the more money you got...

So, by the ages of 15 - 17 the majority of girls could be found daily wheeling pushchairs with 1, 2, 3 or more screaming babies up and down the roads.

I can think of literally NO girls who made it into their 20s without a baby and the accompanying state funded home of their own.

This is an untenable situation, since all of these babies grow into teenagers who repeat the cycle, so several generations later here we are in a society that can't financially sustain it's numbers.

I've also argued recently on ATS for a global ruling on procreation - 2 children per man. I'm liberal minded, but it's plain common sense that the way man lives and consumes resources, the planet cannot sustain our constant growth in numbers. I think a policy that stops the mentality that procreation = financial gain / Babies = a home of my own, as i've described above, is ultimately a positive move.

However, my argument is that the money saved must be channelled back into the housing crises; home building, supplements and tax breaks for (as Cameron terms it) 'Hard Working Young People Who Can't Afford To Move Out Of Their Parents Home'.

Alas, i fear this will not happen because Cameron couldn't careless about the people he pretends to be doing this for, the 'working-poor'. He cares about business wealth, not IMO because that makes wealth for all, but since this lines the pockets of his benefactors, whomever those shadowy lot may fact be...!

edit on 25-6-2012 by McGinty because: emphasis

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by illuminnaughty
Benifits?
These were won by the blood of our dead ancestors, who were sent off to war in their thousands for some rich ass hole bankster. And when they returned after enduring a living hell, in the trenches ect. Were expected to go back and live like worthless slaves. So the govt decided that these returning heros should have decent homes schools and hospitals. And if they were to ill to go to work, or couldnt find any work. (a fault of the govt ) Then they would recieve a benifit. Then the govt people decided to sell off the council houses, with out building any replacement homes for the people. So all this crisis has been caused by the rich and our govt. What better way to punish the culprits. Lets attack the ill and the poor.
edit on 25-6-2012 by illuminnaughty because: (no reason given)

The services available on the Welfare state existed before the Government got their grubby hands on them..

Take for example the Worthing Council of Social Services.. a charitable organisation set up by public subscription to help their fellow man in need during the Depression.. As the depression got deeper those still in employment dug ever deeper to help those in need.. which is the opposite of what this government is doing..

Locally they provided services such as free milk, medical and dental care to children and teens, hardship loans, subsidised or free food, medical and dental care to adults.. re-training, citizens advise, legal aid, they even went as far as buying "rest cottages" to give respite to the hardest hit.. and all paid for by ordinary people out of their own pockets.

The whole notion of supporting each other in times of duress came not from the government but from neighbours, friends and families, it came from business owners and community leaders and the same services can be seen springing up all over Britain at that time, and this is the type of people we are at heart.

Successive governments have poisoned the waters so to speak in regard of the Welfare state, and this notion of benefits and dependence, taking what is a great endeavour and using it, like the NHS as a political tool to manipulate the will of the British people.. Perhaps it is about time we reclaim what is rightfully ours, and take those services back into custody, then perhaps they will get the attention they deserve.

Sorry, bit of a ranty topic for me...

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by tombangelta
reply to post by Wide-Eyes

I personally agree with what he's doing.
All I see around me in the uk is thick scum who don't care about education
And have no work ethic.

Starve them all to death or force them to grow crops.
We are far to lenient on dense individuals who think they are owed
An existence.

30 years of poor government policy #ed today's youth out of well paid jobs, affordable housing, disposable income, suitable retirement age. Now their #ing them out of higher education(uni fee's to high) A decent basic education were one can read, write and perform a good level of mathematics (because there currently throwing schools together and keeping it at 30+ kids per class), free healthcare (eventually the NHS will be sold off) Errrm, what else?

Maybe starving the youth would be the lesser of two evils eh?

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 07:09 AM
link   
This from a guy that loves to let himself and his cohorts in parliament help themselves to the public trough by claiming 'expenses' for even the smallest thing like a chocolate bar.
parasites all of them.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join