It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

David Cameron declares war on welfare culture.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by woogleuk
Tell all the foreigners doing jobs that British workers could do to sod off back to their own country, especially the bloody Polish.

There is a bakery up the road from me, I would say 80% of their workforce is Polish, there is an awful lot of unemployed folks in this town that would happily work there.

That's right...blame the ethnicity, not the policies which allow businesses to profit off of low-wage immigrants. It seems your anger is directed at the "bloody Polish" instead of the "Bloody Corporate Masters" who instruct your government to allow low-wage immigrants to populate the workforce.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by dogstar23

Actually, I was blaming the policies as well, I know the reason they are there is because they are not subject to the same minimum wage laws as the rest of us.

I stand by my post, send them back to their own country and let us sort our own unemployed out.

I'm all for man sharing the world together, but in this current climate, if there is a job a British worker could do, they should be the ones doing it.

IN MY OPINION, the only foreigners who should be allowed to stay in this country and work or claim benefits are the ones who would face human rights violations or death in their own country...OR...if they can do a job that no Brit is qualified to do. That last part is pushing it though, the education system should be training Brits up for those jobs.

It may not be right, but it is less right that people who were born here are suffering as a result of the messed up system that is in place.
edit on 25/6/12 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Most on ATS would gladly see benifit taken away from some one with no arms or legs.
and make them get a job.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by SearchLightsInc
David Cameron has kicked me off jobseekers allowance because i left my job due to constructive dismissal.

Good thing too. You should have saved up whilst you were employed instead of party time every night and then "DUH, I've got no job any more"

All this Job Seekers allowance crud should all be done away with.

Why you haven't been sued for the money back I have no idea. If you have any honest or integrity, you'd go back there and give them the cash cash back and apologise for your wicked ways.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Also what we need is affordable housing, I know fully qualified Nurses who have to live in student digs because they just can not afford to get a mortgage.
Iam just a lowly care home worker and I work dam hard to give my old residents a better quality of life, what do I want? a decent wage for the work I do instead Iam on £6.08 an hour working myself into the ground because no one else wants the job of wiping some poor souls arse and getting abused by the old people (dementia horrid thing if I get it just kill me please).
We have had many many new people start (18/19 year olds etc) and they give up after a shift or two.
I can never get a mortgage on my money and have to pay a twat of a landlord most of my hard earned cash, I don't claim benifits because I never have BUT what am I supposed to do? get a better job? why should I we are all cogs in a great wheel and Iam dam good at what I do.
I know people who have never worked a day in their life and they have a better standard of living then me...and I do the bloody hard work Grrrrrrr.
At this moment in time Iam thinking of leaving the UK cos it has gone down the toilet.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrMysteryMan
So how much is David Cameron Salary and the Other politicians?...Who's really "Milking" the System!...

David Cameron and his cabinet accepted a whacking pay CUT when first elected, UNLIEK CHEEKY OBAMA who never has his hand out the till or the taxpayer's wallet.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by bearwithredhat

Hold on fella you don't know how much he was getting paid and maybe he couldn't save any money, I have a disposable income of about £8 quid a week and I work full time no kids just a small one bedroom flat I can't save anything so don't assume everyone can afford to save because we can not.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by SearchLightsInc

I can assure you sir, there is nothing cosy about being on the dole these days - If you can actually get on the dole. £56 a week.. You do the math

CERTAINLY...THE MATHS....

Dole = £56 a week
Money you don't deserve = £56 a week

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I see both sides of the argument and a fair few have made cases & points on this thread so I won't go over old ground.

I do see a very different side to this though - what of the young people who, not by choice, are forced into homelessness aged under 25 and have to live in, say, a hostel or worse? What will happen to thier benefits, thier opportunity to find suitable accomodation, work and progress to a better future?
Speaking from experience, most young homeless people do not have jobs when they enter homelessness, therefore cannot afford to rent a property and when then put in hostel/supported accomodation, they find it hard to find work to then support them into getting out of the benefit system and onto thier own accomodation - (which many of them do want for themselves).
I know an under 25 who at the moment has own accomodation (was in work when tenancy was given) has since been on mandatory government work placements since losing a job, having to claim JSA & not gained anything from it apart from now hearing that the housing benefit could be cut - despite doing everything the government & DWP require from them to stay on said benefit.
This person's eagerness to work & provide for themselves is being completely ignored & I don't see the sense in punishing someone like that.

I do not see how the cuts will help or motivate these under-25's. I will find that very disturbing if Mr Cameron hasn't thought out that area of his 'war on welfare' yet....the youth of today is the future of tomorrow.

link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74

Hold on fella you don't know how much he was getting paid and maybe he couldn't save any money, I have a disposable income of about £8 quid a week and I work full time no kids just a small one bedroom flat I can't save anything so don't assume everyone can afford to save because we can not.

WOW!!!! Openly tells lies.

First you say you have £8 quid a week in disposible income...

...then you say that you can;t save anything.

Caught out there, eh?

link   

Hey wait a mo dude many people have been laid off and they deserve to get dole because most have paid into the coffers and are looking for a job..
Looking at the amount of posts I think you are a new user just trolling good day.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Yes 8 pound I use for clothing etc fickwit...........and maybe the odd luxury like some steak once a month so STFU troll.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   

It would help if the jobs were there in the first place so people could save up.

Again though, businesses going bust or foreign workers means less jobs for the British, so all they have is benefits. If they didn't they would starve and/or be homeless.

I started my own business because of the lack of jobs in my sector, not everybody has the means or capability to do this.

Sure there are people who milk the system, and those people are the ones who should have their benefits cut. But the average unemployed Brit who is filling in 5 job application forms a day, for jobs that 1000+ people are applying for, needs those benefits simply to survive.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Would you rather people begging on the streets. Young vulnerable people with no roof over their heads. Nowhere to call home. Maybe you would like to see them starve too.
It must be nice to be in your situation where you have a secure job and you can look down your nose at others and feel a little bit better with yourself. Congratulations.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74

Hey wait a mo dude many people have been laid off and they deserve to get dole

NO-ONE DESERVES TO SCROUNGE OFF THE TAXPAYER.; They should have put cash aside.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by woogleuk

It would help if the jobs were there in the first place so people could save up.

Again though, businesses going bust or foreign workers means less jobs for the British, so all they have is benefits. If they didn't they would starve and/or be homeless.

Absolute bunk. There are always jobs. They just have to get on their bike and look for them.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr

Would you rather people begging on the streets.

That;'s always rthe answer isn't it? Scrounging. About time people considered working for a living...a concept entirely alien to sociialists.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Don't worry, our Governments a toothless coward they won't go through with it.

Think about it, a whole (massive) army of layabouts living off people who work. Infact most of the time they seem to have a better standard of living than people who work, strange how most seem to moan about how tough life is.

And because the Government is so kind they don't have to lift a finger for it. Free money! And that army are of course the voting public, so you see they are hardly likely to remove all those paid voters now are they. Stop and think why a recent poll found that in Britain today only 1 in 4 bother to vote so actually our honourable leaders are leading by a minority!

And.....it gets better, layabouts from around the world can come here too, they dont have to work they can get money for nothing, even people with criminal records we're not choosy. Infact its such a free for all the Government not only dont police our borders, but they dont even know how many people are here that shouldnt be. Bit of inside intel here, in 2000 I was told by Special Branch that 58 million people lived in the UK, but there were 69 million social security numbers active. Wonder what that figures up to now.....concerned, no......well perhaps you should be.

Our Goverment running this country is no different to a board running a company, bad board, bad people, bad sales......bankrupt company.
Well done leaders of Britain, I congratulate you on decimating our beautiful country ripping apart the very fabric of being British and allowing unsavoury minorities a free ride......spot on system, you see folks this is why Great Britain became Garbage Britain.

Look we don't even kick out known terrorists who present an active risk to national security. They must be laughing their arses off at us!

I'm sure this post will be most unpopular with the useless nurtured layabouts sure to take issue with me. I say this to you, bleed it dry, keep going......because one day you'll find they'll be nothing left. They squalor you live in, the poor public services.....lack of police, hospitals etc are a direct result of your contribution.......which equals zero. Your greatest contribution is to leech......what a great legacy you will leave, I'm sure your forefathers would be proud.
edit on 25-6-2012 by tigercat1971 because: My rant hadn't finished

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by bearwithredhat

Originally posted by MrMysteryMan
So how much is David Cameron Salary and the Other politicians?...Who's really "Milking" the System!...

David Cameron and his cabinet accepted a whacking pay CUT when first elected, UNLIEK CHEEKY OBAMA who never has his hand out the till or the taxpayer's wallet.
A whacking 5%
for cabinet ministers
The New french Gov took a 30% pay cut

Mp's get a pay rise

Cabinet ministers currently get an extra £79,754 per year, giving them a total salary of £144,520.
So 5% looks to be a little weak considering their expenses and second/third or more extra jobs. A political jesture at best.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Are you 12 or something? cos your world view is so childish you must be.
Things go bad for people all the time and that little nest egg may go, jobs? great if you can get one but like someone said before 1000's of people go for one job.....In fact F*** this your trolling so I don't know why Iam bothering speaking to you...good night.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join