It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

David Cameron declares war on welfare culture.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by bearwithredhat

They did put cash aside for such times. They paid their national health contributions and tax`s. Unlike the corps and the rest of those so called nice decent honest upright respectable people . Like camerons father ect and his ilk who hid their money in tax havens and avoided paying.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Power_Semi

They should not be able to afford cars, holidays, etc, etc, etc.

Exactly, I have a job and see way too many unemployed people with cars, 3 bedroom houses etc and I cannot afford any of these things. Even when I was unemployed, I took as little from the state as possible because I always assumed there were people who needed it more than I did.

In my present job I see where these benefits are going. I'm not impressed.

If there is going to be reform then it should definitely start with the people who are NOT-BRITISH NATIONALS. Don't get me wrong, there are many a British benefit scammer but at least they were actually born here. We can deal with them as when. How the hell are we gonna deal with people who come from foreighnerland?
edit on 25-6-2012 by Wide-Eyes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by illuminnaughty

I'm glad you brought that up, isn't that what national insurance is?

Those who have worked and now receive benefits in a sense have saved up....well done for pointing that out.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by bearwithredhat

It is not bunk, as I said, 1000+ people apply for 1 position, then move onto the next when not successful, but there isn't 1000 jobs (in any given area).

If there was jobs for everyone I can guarantee you those who want to work would be, but that is simply not the case, especially up here in the north.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Nothing is going to happen anytime soon. Its a trial balloon nothing more. If people like it then it'll probably appear in the next Tory manifesto.

The Lib Dems would not allow it in coalition.

Its a difficult issue. Something needs to be done, but i don't think persecuting the under 25s is sensible. It needs to be across the board. There has to be a middle ground between the shambles we have now and a return to victorian Britain.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn
Just catching up on this thread and got this far before I felt I had to reply.

reply to post by tombangelta

All I see around me in the uk is thick scum who don't care about education

One of the roles of an educator is to inspire - clearly they are failing - or is it the inherent failings within our education system that promotes mediocrity and conformity?

I know a couple of teachers and they care passionately about what they do and the role they should play in helping develop our children yet they complain bitterly about the restrictions placed upon them.

The creation of a two tier system will only further marginalise and alienate whole sections of society.

And have no work ethic.

Bollocks.
I know many youngsters who desperately want to work but the simple FACT is that there are very few jobs about.

Starve them all to death or force them to grow crops.

Quite the one aren't we.

Karma is a bitch and I hope when it comes round you are fortunate to meet people more compassionate than you appear to be.

We are far to lenient on dense individuals who think they are owed
An existence.

Unlike intellectual giants like yourself?

Seems to me like you are tarring a very large group of people with the same brush.

Instead a blaming the result maybe you should save some your anger for those who created the conditions and society that you decry.

reply to post by NeoSpace

Finally David Cameron has the balls to do what needs to be done to fix this country,

What, by turning on the most vulnerable and helpless and by increasing their hardship in his drive twoards a Victorianesque society?

The savings he will make are negligible in the grander scheme of things yet the suffering he will cause is immense, ever taken the time to ask yourself why?

Total housing benefits accounts for 0.12% of total government spending and 1.35% of all welfare benefits.

Any savings made will be minimal yet the hardship caused to those affected could be immeasureable.

This country has been steadily regressing for decades, Cameron is merely accelerating the process.

if you disagree with him you have probably never met these lazy people on council estates or you'r one yourself making a career sitting on your ass claiming every penny you can.

So all benefit claimants live on council estates?
Do all people who live on council estates scrounge off the governement and idle their lives away?

I've lived on a council estate all my life - done numerous jobs - including managing betting shops, ran doors, managed my own security firm, owned pubs and worked my way to a relatively senior management position in a large multi-national company - and guess what - I disagree with you 100%.

Sure, there's some idle layabouts on council estates, there's some real scumbags - but same goes for every single private housing estate throughout the country.
But there's a hell of a lot more genuine, down to earth people who just want an even break and a fair days pay for a fair days graft - but unfortunately there's very few jobs around and those that are available pay an absolute pittance.

As I said in an earlier post this country should be looking for ways to progress and improve standards of living and quality of life but instead all we get are regressive and repressive policies.

We also have alot of immigrants coming over here with no intention of working, again raising tax's for the working population.

I have massive issues with this and previous governments immigration policies but to apportion the blame on the immigrants themselves is eerily remeniscent of days gone by - something that must never be repeated.
Again, perhaps you should save your anger for those who have conspired to tranform the very fabric of our society with their open door policy, appeasement to the EU and it's dictates and their social engineering experiments.

To continue growing and developing it is essential that a certain amount of immigration is both desired and required.

But that means people who have real and tangible skills to offer and those who can contribute in a positive and progressive way in our society.

Probably exceeding the quoted post limit but damn, this is such an excellent post. I wanted to quote it in case anybody missed it the first time. Thanks Freeborn.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Labrynth2012

I assume you have a job.

Good for you.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by stumason

Yet you state in your avatar that you are a 'hater of labour'! Your post completely contradicts your pre-designated stance. So, what is it?

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

Also what we need is affordable housing

Believe me the last thing the UK needs is more "affordable housing" but we definately do need to have the population able to earn enough to afford housing.

The councils are not building homes and more and more tax payers money is being pumped into Housing Associations and often up to 80% of their rent is paid by Council Benefits ie the Tax Payer.

This is how many of Housing Association tenants can act, please listen carefully to the CCTV footage and consider that it may only be the tip of the iceberg. -

Usual story chav families the sun is out and so is the cheap booze blah blah nightmare for anyone who has happened to have evolved past cro magnon.

Now hear is where it gets interesting, or downright depressing IT IS NOT in the best interest of certain Housing Associations to house too many normal civil decently behaved human beings. there's not much money in it.

Here is Grant finder www.grantfinder.co.uk...

"This is where the money is Got a Problem Need some cash ? No you Say ? But we've got the cash are you sure you haven't got a problem ?"

Heard this phrase before ? _ Problem Reaction Solution

That's right allow a problem to happen get a grant throw a bag of taxpayers money at it pretend to try and solve the problem then find another grant.

So what is one thing that is rather bothersome for the taxpayers at the moment apart from not being to get on the property ladder ? Antisocial Behaviour anyone ? Anyone seeing where I'm going yet ?

Okeydokey, A developer wants to build 100 homes they get the go ahead as long as 20 homes get done on the cheap for a housing association subsidised by the taxpayer. 80 Homes are sold as quick as they can then the housing association lot move in don't get me wrong some of them will be quite decent people, but eventually the troubles will begin and it takes pots of taxpayers money to solve problems. The Associations make sure that they all get nice cushy jobs with good wages (many of them very very good) plenty of holidays, you know the rest and gues who's picking up the tab ? That's right the nurse who can't even get on their waiting list, because very very legal eastern european has been on theire waiting list since he was an egg.

There is loads more but that was a condensed version lol

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by bearwithredhat

Originally posted by SearchLightsInc
David Cameron has kicked me off jobseekers allowance because i left my job due to constructive dismissal.

Good thing too. You should have saved up whilst you were employed instead of party time every night and then "DUH, I've got no job any more"

All this Job Seekers allowance crud should all be done away with.

Why you haven't been sued for the money back I have no idea. If you have any honest or integrity, you'd go back there and give them the cash cash back and apologise for your wicked ways.

Do you even know what constructive dismissal is? My employers make my life hell, do not provide me with the proper means to do my job and do it to legal standards, had me waking up at 5 in the morning listing all the stuff that might have missed which could lead to a disciplinary in the morning (and so many disciplinary and then you get sacked) and your advocating ive had it to easy?

Your sir, are probably a bigger Fidiot then that tool Cameron. Beside's, i paid my tax. That's right, mine's not in some offshore tax haven like Cameron's Daddy did to give his son 300k of inheritance.
All jobseekers allowance is worth is £56 quid a week, go figure.

And for the record, i dont drink, i dont smoke and deffo dont have a social life. The big hint of should be the fact that im on ATS most of the time.
edit on 25-6-2012 by SearchLightsInc because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
There may be no unskilled jobs, but there is all the education that you want from the public school system. Kids who work hard at their free education can get scholarships to continue that free education at University level.

In the United States, kids who serve three years in the military get a free college education.

There are PLENTY of paths to free education

There's also your local library, or WORKING while going to school (like I did) so that you're not saddled with massive debt when coming out of college.

There are quite a few jobs if you want to put in the time doing the "harder" subjects at University. Math, science, engineering, nursing, are just some of the professions simply screaming out for qualified employees at locations all over the world right now. Of course, the days of "taking something in University because it interests me" are long gone, for at least ten years, smart kids know that you take something in University because of a shortage in that employment field, not because it was something you WANTED to do.

The kids who didn't work used to laugh at me tending bar on four nights a week at a local pub, while they were out drinking with friends.

Guess which ones of us graduated debt free and which ones now are marching in the streets demanding a reduction in their student loan debt?

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
there will be blood in the streets if this happens mark my words!
The crime rate will soar along with drug dealing and counterfeit everything
and the rich will get hit hard.

IF Cameron gets back in but i doubt that,he'l be outed if this happens.
REVOLUTION.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by SearchLightsInc

did you miss the part where I said I was a single dad with two little kids (and I mean 2 and 4yrs little) on welfare here in the US? It took me three years but I got off it. I understand how little you get and used to love to hear people complain how they felt embarrassed to shop at the dented can store and the Salvation Army. Well you know what? You should be thankful they are there, I know I was and if you don't like it then do something about changing your situation. Before I rant any further, I'll make my point: it is socially and morally wrong to live beyond your means when you are taking welfare. That money is not yours and it is not the govt's- it comes from hard working people (like I am now) and as one of those people I don't want my taxes going to support a lifestyle of sloth. I don't mind it helping the people who really need it at the time but not the people who live off it with no intentions of getting off. Someone said something about wanting to be able to take their family out for entertainment on welfare money and my opinion on that is the money should be on a card for specific things only. It would go so far as to prescribe what foods the person should be consuming in order to be healthy and wouldn't allow certain foods, drinks and things like cigarettes. Why should my hard earned (and believe me I work hard for my money) taxes support some slob's unhealthy lifestyle? I think I started ranting again, sorry.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by bearwithredhat

Absolute bunk. There are always jobs. They just have to get on their bike and look for them.

AHA!! I have discovered the identity of this troll!

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by bottleslingguy

did you miss the part where I said I was a single dad with two little kids (and I mean 2 and 4yrs little) on welfare here in the US? It took me three years but I got off it. I understand how little you get and used to love to hear people complain how they felt embarrassed to shop at the dented can store and the Salvation Army. Well you know what? You should be thankful they are there, I know I was and if you don't like it then do something about changing your situation. Before I rant any further, I'll make my point: it is socially and morally wrong to live beyond your means when you are taking welfare. That money is not yours and it is not the govt's- it comes from hard working people (like I am now) and as one of those people I don't want my taxes going to support a lifestyle of sloth. I don't mind it helping the people who really need it at the time but not the people who live off it with no intentions of getting off. Someone said something about wanting to be able to take their family out for entertainment on welfare money and my opinion on that is the money should be on a card for specific things only. It would go so far as to prescribe what foods the person should be consuming in order to be healthy and wouldn't allow certain foods, drinks and things like cigarettes. Why should my hard earned (and believe me I work hard for my money) taxes support some slob's unhealthy lifestyle? I think I started ranting again, sorry.

Woah woah woah fella, im living well within my means i always have. Ive been unemployed for just under 3 months working hard to look for another job. My total payemtns received from the state are at less then £250 because i waited a month and a half to sign on because i didnt really want to make a claim. I dont drink and i dont smoke, i dont buy things i cant afford, no credit cards, no car (because even when i was working to run a car would have taken up most of my wage so it wasn't worth it) Lastly, i paid my tax and now i need assistance because life decided to bite me in the ass - So give me the bare minimum so i may put a roof over my head and afford to get to and from interviews, Im not asking for gold dust. I dont want to be claiming dole and when im back in work i'll be paying back into the system again. Therefore, i am NOT a scrounger.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by babybunnies

Am I allowed to use the word 'arsehole' on here? Oops, I just did. Not directed at anyone inparticular mind you. I would love to know more about this free education lark. Sounds brilliant, where do I sign?

ETA: This thread is about Britain, in case anyone has been asleep for the last 3 years. An average University level education costs £9000 a year in tuition fees. This is before accomodation, food and general living costs. Can we get this free too?
edit on 25-6-2012 by Wide-Eyes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I wish that some one would supply an actual analysis of how many people are "milking" the system. Many people like to believe that there are more people on welfare taking advantage of it then there are people who really need it, yet no on provides any trustworthy statistical data or research on the subject.

So what actually constitutes as "milking" the system? Is it the person's age? Race? Religion? If they are working as many jobs as they can and still need welfare money is it their fault; are they still milking the system or has the system and society set them up for failure?

I do not know about the UK, but in the US the education systems are failing, college tuition is ridiculous, and governments are more concerned about making a buck than helping its people. The citizens have been pitted against one another while TPTB are lapping up all the money and laughing all the way to the bank.

People are not recognizing that all this poor v rich is disguising the real problems: education, jobs, the housing market, the lack of common sense and decency etc..

The world seems to be falling apart around us and all we can focus on his how we can screw over the other guy so we can get "ours". It makes me sad, but I still have hope that not just the people in the UK and US can overcome this nonsense, but everyone everywhere. Otherwise what's the point of living?

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   

sorry if I made it sound as though I was accusing you of that. I am talking about the people who totally live beyond their means collecting state money with no intentions of changing. i see it all the time whereas my job is in affordable housing. I think you would agree with me that these people need to be vetted out so people like you who statistically will only need help for so long can have the basics and a fair chance of getting out of the hole. the sloths are the problem and when they are able to spend all their food money in the first week on potato chips and soda they think they should be able to have more soda. That's not right in my book and I'm sure yours also.

It's a better world outside the system good luck and don't give up.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   

That money is not yours and it is not the govt's- it comes from hard working people (like I am now
reply to post by bottleslingguy

Whoa hold up the a minute, one thing your missing my friend, many many people in the UK have spent many many years geting a fair amount of the wages snatched from them at source no ifs or buts. If you happen to get laid off and get a months severance, gues what ? Yup that's right your tax changes because you have suddenly become a higher earner never mind that you're out of work. You wake up and think hey I just got scammed I got robbed and there's nothing I can do. Nevertheless you have paid a portion of your wages into an insurance pot a safety net just in case TSHTF as we are so fond of saying here on ATS.

But now for many not all but many that safety net which they have PAID for with their time and labour is being removed , this is a bit like being forced to have car insurance (which we are ) and when the car is stolen the insurance company refusing to pay up although they've been having your cash for many years.

It is that simple my friend there are many people in the UK who have Never and never will make any contribution but there are many who have and are being treated unjustly. Ok we are as a nation at fault for being ignorant or too lazy to do something about the bandits we handed our power to in the form of governments, but it has been these people that have not managed our money that they were taking from us who must carry most of the blame for the problems we are in.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by bottleslingguy

sorry if I made it sound as though I was accusing you of that. I am talking about the people who totally live beyond their means collecting state money with no intentions of changing. i see it all the time whereas my job is in affordable housing. I think you would agree with me that these people need to be vetted out so people like you who statistically will only need help for so long can have the basics and a fair chance of getting out of the hole. the sloths are the problem and when they are able to spend all their food money in the first week on potato chips and soda they think they should be able to have more soda. That's not right in my book and I'm sure yours also.

It's a better world outside the system good luck and don't give up.

I fully agree with you! Here in the UK we used to have the "respectable working class" - Everyone worked! But the jobs are no longer here and as other posters have pointed out, foreigners have come in and taken a large portion of the work so youth unemployment is pretty damn high at the moment. I feel sorry for those people living off of benefits, its more than likely they come from homes where their parents never worked either and their parents come from the generation when manufacturing was being obliterated in this country. I think many of the youth are scared to sort themselves out. Think about it, they've dependent their whole life on adults, suddendly their thrown into the big world and expected to start acting like they're mature? Simply put i dont think the youth are being adaquately raised by their parents or their schools which bring them into the adult world as mature young adults.
Im sorry im ranting! I take no offence at your earlier post btw

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join