It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

David Cameron declares war on welfare culture.

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by woogleuk
Tell all the foreigners doing jobs that British workers could do to sod off back to their own country, especially the bloody Polish.

There is a bakery up the road from me, I would say 80% of their workforce is Polish, there is an awful lot of unemployed folks in this town that would happily work there.

that's not the foreigners fault...you should re direct your anger at the political elite ....

i don't think it's right that a young single girl can have a brood of children and receive more money in hand outs than a hard working family ...i don't think it's right that the local pubs are full of people who are on sickness benefits ..but are quite healthy enough to get sozzled everyday . Britain is morally corrupt ....things need to change

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by bottleslingguy
reply to post by Suspiria

sorry to hear that. guess your f'd then hunh? too bad you guys don't have guns like we do

Yes because that would be the solution to all our problems wouldn't it. How would owning a gun improve the lives of people struggling to find work and pay the bills. An armed robbery maybe?

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

they're good to have when society breaks down, which is what is going to need to happen before anything will really change.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   

they're good to have when society breaks down, which is what is going to need to happen before anything will really change.

Yes, well when American society breaks down, it certainly will be interesting with so many gun owners in a pretty divided nation. Could get pretty ugly, but I understand many Americans have quite a nostalgic view of the Wild west.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   

I'd rather go toe to toe with some starving skinny yet agile youngster with a stick, than have to dodge bullets while they kick my door in to empty the fridge.
Seen it all before, during and after the miners strike when the pits closed people were getting burgled for food. That's right, food!.
edit on 26-6-2012 by Suspiria because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by sitchin

I already addressed that in a later post, I never blamed the foreigners, I blame practices in place with the companies, and yes the government for allowing it. Regardless of who is to blame, it still needs done.

Less foreign workers, more jobs for the British worker, less people needing to claim benefit and then only target those who are milking the system.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Suspiria
I'd also like to thank Mr Cameron and the Daily Mail for my fantastic mood today on being greeted with this little chestnut.

Lower benefits if you live up North: Ministers consider plan to pay less if your home is in a cheaper part of the country

People in parts of the country where the cost of living is cheaper could receive less in Jobseekers’ Allowance, housing benefit and disability benefits than those in more expensive areas.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Well it's a not # sherlock from me on the Housing benefit front. Isn't it already capped to under £500 a month up here?
As for the rest I despair. Exactly what IS cheaper up North than in London or the likes of Bath?
Are pot noodles cheaper up here or something?.

edit on 26-6-2012 by Suspiria because: (no reason given)

perhaps all utilities,food,transport in fact all goods and services should be weighed accordingly if this is a serious consideration. yes i know, silly of me. the backbenchers will be rolling on their investment portfolios!

rolf@tarquinandfelicity
well impressed with that post, in fact could you give me the link to the company who supplied you with your sex shed? seems to stoke inspiration!

regards fakedirt

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
The Government has been spewing its propaganda for a few years now trying to make people hate those on benefits as if they are responsible for the recession, instead of looking at the ones who are really scamming the system those at the top. They are the ones who make the rules for everyone else to follow. The ones in charge are so busy trying to privatise everything ie the police service, the health service, the DWP, the prison service because they see an opportunity to make money and the poor sheeple that are working in those industries will find their pay frozen or slashed.

People were shipped in from the country side over a century ago to be factory fodder for the rich and lived in appalling squaller. Nothing really started to improve until after the second world war with the introduction of the NHS, and people paid in national insurance and were told it was a safety net which would pay them a pension when they retired and look after them when they became sick. They they opened the flood gates and let in mass immigration. They also joined the EU and gradually destroyed all the decent industries in the UK ie shipping, fishing, coal mining, etc. The you had the revolution with technology which did create some jobs got rid of many more.Then with globalization people had to compete with people on the far side of the world who would do the same work for a pittance. Now the elite don't need all these workers for their factories they are prepared to allow the education become downgraded except for the brightest who they will still need to employ the rest they deem a waste of space. Even since they sold off council houses their has been a shortages of houses in the uk and instead of putting a cap on rents they have allowed people to charge high rents and the Government picked up the bill as many people did not earn a high enough wage to pay the rent. Now the Government has decided it is going to close that loophole but instead of have a rent cap it decides to make many people unemployed, particularly the young or the sick or disabled.

They are talking about sending young people back to live with their families many in deprived areas with no work nearby and no money to be able to afford to travel to find employment. It isn't like it was decades ago and people could just go and sell a few things to make ends meet and make a living there is so much regulation around anyone starting a business now, it is unbelievable. They have deliberately crashed the system to take peoples money off them and are not allowiing the majority of people an opportunity to earn a decent wage.

Yes there are jobs out there but only enough to employ one in 5 of those seeking work. Why should the others be condemned to work for their dole it isn't even a living wage and is paid well below the poverty line. By paying companies to take on the unemployed who then work for the dole under workfare, you are starting to find that many employers are not taking on staff because they can get people to work for next to nothing from the employment exchange. This puts many peoples jobs at risk.

The scroungers are not the ones claiming benefits they are the tax avoiders at the top and the ones making money from companies with private contracts and all those elected MP's and top ranking civil servants. The system in the UK has become very corrupt.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
In 2010 HMRC spent just over £600,000 on advertising 'for the purpose of preventing tax evasion'.

That year tax evasion cost this country £70billion.

In the same year £5million was spent on advertising tackling benefit fraud.

Total benefit fraud and official error came to £3billion.

Every year either through tax evasion or tax avoidance the government fails to collect an estimated £70billion yet our current government is obsessed with targetting the weakest and most vulnerable in our society and trying to inflict untold misery upon them instead of targetting the elite and wealthy who have screwed this country over for far too long now and who caused this whole debacle in the first place.
How Cameron and his equally undefendable colleagues can morally justify this is quite frankly beyond me.

I'm not trying to say it is a problem of Cameron's causing - it is quite clearly a problem that has been around for a long time and probably every single Prime Minister from at least Thatcher onwards has conveniently ignored it - but what set's Cameron apart is his programme of austerity cuts which will have most effect on the poorest and most vulnerable whilst knowingly allowing this practice to continue.

I could quite easily give a basic outline of how I would begin to address the housing, immigration, education, benefit etc problems we have - and there is no doubt that they need addressing - but to be honest I think by far the biggest priority is beginning to address this outrageous and scandalous fraud and embezzlement.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

I would have to disagree with you there Freeborn. How can you say that the people that rely on benefits are the weakest and most vulnerable in this country.

They have it sweet. Not like the rest of us who have to work all the hours god sends just to scrape by and make the bills every month. I went to college for three years to learn a trade, while a lot of people my age resorted to petty crime and drugs because they were 'bored'. Several years later I am working full time but these people who never bothered to do anything are better off than me. They get their flats paid for, their jobs 'seekers' (i put that in quotes because hardly any of them actually seek employment), their food bills etc are covered and they still manage to have coin left over to buy massive tvs and latest games consoles/designer clothing.

Yet people like my colleague get nothing more than tax credits which works out at less than a third of his monthly salary. He is a single parent of two and works full time but is actually considering giving up work for the summer because he simply cannot afford childcare costs....

Tell me how does it work that the working class are penalised while the dole dwellers get everything on a plate?. I think Cameron is a moron but fairplay to him on this proposal.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by KingDoey

The thing is, many people receiving housing benefit are in work, young people starting out on the bottom ladder, trying to work themselves up. Not everyone is a lucky as to have parents to go back and live with and many have started their own families.

Why should these people be targeted, when they are not responsible for the mess. If we are losing 70 billion in tax evasion, why should these people not be targeted. They have the broadest shoulders after all.

It's all very well to role out demonising terms for those on benefits, but no mention of the entitlement culture that exists at the very top of our society. people feeling entitled not to have to pay tax, like everyone else.

These rich people would not have been rich had it not been for the generations of tax payers that have provided the fertile environment in which these people could flourish. Now they have their riches they do not want to contribute back to the pot, which they used for their own gain.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Wide-Eyes

right, so its ok for mp's to take ridiculus sums of taxpayers money, its ok for the wealthy to exploit loopholes and only pay 1% tax, but when those who actually need some financial help try getting it then we have to change the system.

david cameron needs a size 10 workboot to his face

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Yes I am aware that some recieving housing benefit are in work. I nor none of my other colleagues who are between the ages of 17-52 are eligible for any kind of housing benefit. My wage is very average if not below average and my apprentice who is on £3.90 an hour was told all he was entitled to was £50 per month. Tell me what the hell is the point??

How in any way does that encourage young people to take apprenticeships and train for jobs. I am sick to death of the working class being kicked in the balls for going out and doing 40 hours a week. Im not suprised most of the people I went to school with punted out kids. Seems I am the mug for trying to provide for myself.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Well I have to agree with freeborn. £70 billion that would solve most of our problems. Yet they are after 3 billion quid off the poorest. Yes we need a revolution to sort this problem out, as the govt are not even trying to. With modern tech we shouldnt have to work till we die. Robotics could do the work for us. Why do we need politicians? A pc could do thier job. The entire system needs a reboot. I like the idea of the Venus project and a resource based economy. Maybe its time for a new way of doing things.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by KingDoey

Not everyone receiving benefits are scrounging scumbags - far from it - the vast majority simply want a fair days pay for a fair days work, same as most of us.

Of course there are some who use and exploit the benefit system - and that needs to be addressed - but a lot of that is as a direct result of various governments policies - it is their incompetences that have caused this situation.

Many, many people on benefits are very needy in various ways and deserve a bit of compassion, understanding and assistance.
We are supposed to be a caring society.
But instead Cameron's policies will have a direct and detrimental impact upon these very people we should be helping.

All at the same time as blatantly ignoring the far greater crime of tax evasion and tax avoidance.

MSM has spun it so that people accept that the most wealthy can illegally avoid paying incredibly large amounts of tax whilst demonising those less fortunate and wealthy.

It's simply looking at the world upside down.

Cameron is using these austerity cuts to completely restructure British society and turn this country into some sort of Dickensian nightmare.
edit on 26/6/12 by Freeborn because: spelling

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by KingDoey
reply to post by Freeborn

I would have to disagree with you there Freeborn. How can you say that the people that rely on benefits are the weakest and most vulnerable in this country.

They have it sweet. Not like the rest of us who have to work all the hours god sends just to scrape by and make the bills every month. I went to college for three years to learn a trade, while a lot of people my age resorted to petty crime and drugs because they were 'bored'. Several years later I am working full time but these people who never bothered to do anything are better off than me. They get their flats paid for, their jobs 'seekers' (i put that in quotes because hardly any of them actually seek employment), their food bills etc are covered and they still manage to have coin left over to buy massive tvs and latest games consoles/designer clothing.

Yet people like my colleague get nothing more than tax credits which works out at less than a third of his monthly salary. He is a single parent of two and works full time but is actually considering giving up work for the summer because he simply cannot afford childcare costs....

Tell me how does it work that the working class are penalised while the dole dwellers get everything on a plate?. I think Cameron is a moron but fairplay to him on this proposal.

What you are missing are that many on benefits are not the unemployed but those in work on low wages -

>>From the Guardian - www.guardian.co.uk... Cameron's focus on the ever-rising housing benefit bill omitted key facts. The Smith Institute reports that 95% of the £1bn rise in housing benefit this year is paid to people in work. Only one in eight people drawing the benefit is out of work; the rest are low earners. The cost is not about feckless people but the housing crisis, the failure to build social, rented or private housing over the last three decades.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   

They hypocrisy of people like you is mindboggling to the left.

Most people who vote right are either religious or gun totting fools in america. They care not about stopping american-zionist corporate imperialism throughout the world.

What good is having a gun if you are going to use it for all the wrong reasons? To protect a constitution that is full of stupidity and loopholes, one where the government gets to pick and choose what it wants and discards the rest?

Most people would be infinitely better off voting responsibly. If you are rich and don't want positive change then go ahead and vote conservative or if you want war and depopulation, massive class inequality, etc. Everyone eles who votes right is going against their own best interest and is an imbecile!

Keep the gun for sporting purposes and to protect your rich property, but please stop pretending it is to protect the constitution and from abuse of government. I cannot stand such blatant hypocrisy from anyone!!

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn
MSM has spun it so that people accept that the most wealthy can illegally avoid paying incredibly large amounts of tax whilst demonising those less fortunate and wealthy.

A strategy that seems to be failing only because each government since 1979 has underestimated the general population. For sure, there are plenty that trot out the bs they read in the press but there is no telling just how many can see through the lies and spin and understand fully that they are not only being shafted but also expected to blame those less fortunate than themselves.

Cameron is using these austerity cuts to completely restructure British society and turn this country into some sort of Dickensian nightmare.

More likely this is the latest stage in the long tern goal set when Cameron was still in short trousers. Cast your mind back to the first blow against the welfare state (abolishing free milk in schools). The minister responsible went on to privatise most national industry, reduce benefit provision, destroy the unions, the coal industry and council housing, reduce the powers of local authorities, made it possible for the money mongers to entrap larger swathes of the population in the debt culture and dumb down the national curriculum. First Major, then Blair and Brown who in many ways facilitated the process further (but actually did more than they have been credited with to redress the balance a little, even though it was Gordon's pensions raid that led to the advent of the BTL landlord, the negative impact of that on all housing markets being a major contributary factor in the global downturn) and now we have Thatcher's disgusting protege completing the Tory agenda to dismantle the welfare state.

Your Dickensian nightmare may well be the outcome but I do not think it will end there.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I do not understand how this is going to work. There is alot of under 25s needing housing for a reson. All that will happen is that more children will be in care by the time they are 16 so they are looked after as familys wont want them at home til they are 25 and more under 25s will become pregnant as there is no way they are going to put a pregnant person on the streets they have priority now.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by lucid eyes

Firstly I am not a liberal. Don't label me.

Secondly, why should we be forced to pay to keep these men, who have a lot of friends who owe them favours, alive? Surely it would just be best for the good of this country, and the human race, to execute them? I am confident it could be proven in a court of law that these men are guilty of many, many crimes, including but not limited to murder, theft, corruption, etc, which in many cultures carry a capital punishment. One of the biggest fallacies of western culture is to value all life, even life that has proven repeatedly that it is destructive. A culture that these men themselves have moulded in order to protect themselves from the death penalty, because they know full well they would be deserving of it.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join