It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Stage is Set for Vice Presidential Debate

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
By who grady by the goverment you should come to the schools and see for yourself I was a teacher for 7 years.

You know what the adminstration said about the migrant children?

"don't worry about them they are going to drop out anyway"

Did you teach school in the United States?

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 09:53 PM
link   
here in the south my friend where we have a very high group of migrant workers children.

[edit on 5-10-2004 by marg6043]

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Cheney and Edwards presented themselves very well, paused, intelligent, articulate and it was a nice switch watching a debate in which the participants were intelligent and were able to exchange ideas and not make anyone cringe with embarrasment over the speech, manerisms, as with the Bush fiasco.

America needs a change, and Kerry/Edwards will bring a welcome change.

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Fox News as of now:

Who won Tuesday night's vice presidential debate?

a. Vice President Cheney (13%)

b. Senator Edwards (17%)

c. I did not watch (3%)

d. None of the above (67%)

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Style or Substance

Determines who you liked in this debate.

Cheney=Substance
Edwards=Style

IMHO, I always go for substance over style

but - to each his own

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by MKULTRA

Also, not sure if someone's posted this (probably have) but Cheney gave the website:

www.factcheck.com

I believe it's factcheck.org

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mirthful Me

Originally posted by Nerdling
The rest of the allies are really small african nations and others that barely contribute.

Italy
Netherlands
Hungary
Latvia
Thailand
Denmark
Bulgaria
Estonia
Ukraine

My map doesn't show any of those countries in Africa, does yours?

Strange, my map doesn't even show them. Haha j/k, couldn't resist

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 09:58 PM
link   
MSNBC as of now

Who won the debate? * 205289 responses

VP Dick Cheney 26%
Sen. John Edwards 74%

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
here in the south my friend where we have a very high group of migrant workers children.

I just want to preserve the above quote, it's irrelevant, and off topic, but absolutely precious.

Thanks marg, you brightened my evening more than Darth... Errr... Dick Cheney cleaning John Edwards clock.

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 10:00 PM
link   
I will say this much, as a Kerry/Edwards supporter. I believe it was probably a tie, probably an Edwards win if people expose some of Cheney's lies, but more than likely close enough to call it a tie.

I am surprised at some of these votes showing it so heavily in favor of Edwards. No matter who won this debate, neither was as convincing as the Kerry/Bush debate, which had closer after-debate poll numbers than what's being shown so far with the VP debates.

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 10:00 PM
link   

The vice president stated (and I quote) "www.factcheck.com".

MK

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by MKULTRA

The vice president stated (and I quote) "www.factcheck.com".

MK

Yes, i heard that too. Simple enough mistake, though.

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 10:02 PM
link   
If I was uninformed, I'd give it to Cheney. He seemed to make sense, like your Dad who knows everything. Edwards seemed like a teenage kid who was trying to tell his Dad that MTV is not a video game!

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Hrm..
ABC->VP Debate
NBC->VP Debate
CBS->VP Debate
PBS->VP Debate
Fox->Baseball???

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phoenix
Style or Substance

Determines who you liked in this debate.

Cheney=Substance
Edwards=Style

IMHO, I always go for substance over style

but - to each his own

You gave style to Edwards?
He looked like a kid getting lectured by his dad. I think JediMaster's analogy of Vader/Luke was accurate.

I was impressed with Cheney overall - still not voting for him, but thought his performance was outstanding nonetheless.

Maybe Bush should just concede his debate and let Kerry and Cheney go at each other. You could sell it on pay per view.

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crysstaafur
Hrm..
ABC->VP Debate
NBC->VP Debate
CBS->VP Debate
PBS->VP Debate
Fox->Baseball???

They had no choice, they were contractually bound to carry the late ALDCS game, this was set long before the VP debate was brokered.

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crysstaafur
Hrm..
ABC->VP Debate
NBC->VP Debate
CBS->VP Debate
PBS->VP Debate
Fox->Baseball???

You have to love Fox they are the best

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by curme
If I was uninformed, I'd give it to Cheney. He seemed to make sense, like your Dad who knows everything. Edwards seemed like a teenage kid who was trying to tell his Dad that MTV is not a video game!

Oww, come on, Cheney is the master of the puppets in Washington DC, what the h do you expect? Is he gonna be at a loss for words? At a loss for defending HIS war, one which he's masterminded? Of course not. Its HIS show....We all know Bush is the puppet, and knows only what he's told, and is stupid in the first place (perfect for the role), so WHY do you think Cheney has the answers? Give me a break.

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Vader / Luke - hahaha that's perfect. Old age and treachery will almost always win over youth and good looks.

I did feel that Edwards offered more 'uplifting' type stuff whereas Cheney was pretty much "We have to fight a generational war against blah blah blah." So, Luke and the Light Side vs. the old establishment realpolitik Vader and Dark Side was in effect.

Cheney really seemed to drop into rhetoric with his closing comments. He had like almost no inflection in his voice, as if he's repeating something he'd said a million times. Edwards on the other hand seemed kinda nervous. Cheney was definitely much more calm, but this stuff is old hat to him.

However, when the Democrats fight back instead of acting like floor mats you can feel their ratings go up. I hope they finally figured that part out.

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 10:42 PM
link   
It's hard to decide...Cheney was clearly more composed and comfortable...although I don't agree with many of his strategies and beliefs; he had them all well lined out and ready to serve...

Edwards seemed far too intent on personally attacking his opponent - almost as though that was one of his primary objectives...but at the same time, he addressed many questions and filled in some details from where Kerry left off...

Both men put on their punching gloves early and started pointing fingers and saying that what the other candidate said about what they said they had said was not true....lol...a debate goes nowhere with ignorance like this about, and I think Cheney wore the big boy pants and simply stopped addressing those issues later in the debate...

It was almost a "flip-flop," so to speak, in the performance...the bumbling country democrat and the astute and well-prepared republican - the presidential debate was clearly vice versa...

But I cannot effectively narrow it down to team A or B...both had their weaknesses and both their pluses...in terms of party platform, Edwards had me...but Cheney's persona and straight-forward attitude was more admirable...

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join