It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Stage is Set for Vice Presidential Debate

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by dannia
thats what i heard too. Edwards said he and Kerry think marriage is between a man and a woman.. then he talked of rights and unions..

Got to keep everyone happy, and on your side, what's new from Kerry/Edwards.

Breaking...

Kerryisms... Is Edwards flustered?

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
aids epidemic, cheney stance on aids just promises, not good

But what was Edwards idea? Oh yeah.. preventive healthcare. Explain to me how preventive healthcare will protect you from AIDS?

We need research dollars and continued education, period.

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Edwards is clearly flustered. Heartburn, sweating, unquencheable thirst. Hmm, looks like the mighty trial lawyer is , in his mind, losing.

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 09:22 PM
link   
I know that this may seem impossible to fathom for some, but Edwards is making Dick Cheney look all warm and fuzzy. Edwards just broke the rules twice in one response on mentioning Kerry's name. Lawyers are well known for breaking the rules just to get an idea across in the courtroom. The comment may be stricken from the record and the jury may be admonished to disregard the comment, but one does not strike something from memory as easily as one strikes the record.

Typical bloodsucking lawyer.

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 09:23 PM
link   
As I watch the debate, I get the same impression as watching an adult talk to a child, Cheney comes off as the mature informed man .Edwards seems like the little boy struggling to keep up with the conversation. It has nothing to do with ages, experience shows!

link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX
nice one rule dont use your running mates name and edwards breaks it in his first sentence.

Did he just break it again

it's a hard one to remember, ya know

link   
How could the Kerry/Edwards position on gay marriage be anymore clear? Why are people arguing about that? It's perfectly clear and understandable.

Personally, they don't agree with gay marriage.

They don't approve of the constitutional amendment.

They do approve of civil unions between long-term gay and lesbian couples, but believe marriage, as it always has been, should be a matter left to the states -- not the federal govenment.

How hard is that to understand?

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 09:25 PM
link   
rule braking
not bad.

filp-floping and the war, defend of our troops, edward bringing the bush-cheney flip-flop, good point on the troops issue and health care and no child left behind.

cheney flip-flop, good point on bringing the kerry records, good point on attacking the consistancy of kerry.

good point of the defense of our troops.

Edward good point about our lost of jobs and teachers being one of them,

cheney defending that our minority children are doing better in school, that is not true.

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 09:26 PM
link   
listening to it now here in OZ.
Very hard one to pick, glad I don't have to vote in the US elections

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Did Edwards just implode? What was that? Some sophomoric gigglefest?

The jury is lost John...

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Wow Edwards just looked really confused
when they just went back to him for a 30sec rebuttle.

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Now, Edwards is blaming the Bush administration for the joke that the US education system is. Blaming Bush for the fact that Blacks drop out of school at an alarming rate is disingenous, at best, because this statistic has been the rule regardless of who is President and how much money is thrown at the public school system.

The decline of the US school system can be laid at the feet of the left who have instituted such inanities as Whole Language and New Math, just to name two.

[edit on 04/10/5 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 09:28 PM
link   
I would support and vote for an ammendment, however:

I would prefer to give power of 'civil unions' to gay/lesbian couples, even though I totally disagree with the lifestyle. If this would be acceptable, then cool.

But I would never approve of a marriage.

And by the way, Kerry has as many sides on this issue as he has any other, for instance, Kerry/Edwards says leave it to the states, and yet in several interviews to homosexually friendly mags, he claims to support the idea.

Hmm,,,

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 09:32 PM
link   
He didn't say he disagreed with the lifestyle, stop putting words in someone's mouth.

He is able to separate his own personal / religious views from what he believes is fair and right to fellow Americans.

Is it that difficult to comprehend?

link   
Wow, I guess everyone know who really controls the country. Who should I vote for? Kerry or Cheney?

EDIT: Actually, I already voted by absentee. No matter what happens, it's too late!

[edit on 5-10-2004 by curme]

link   
John Edwards talking about healthcare costs? You're a trial lawyer who sues doctors and hospitals John. You inflate healthcare costs, you increase insurance premiums, and you force doctors to close their practices.

[edit on 5/10/2004 by Mirthful Me]

link   
No clear winner in my opinion.
Both dodged questions.
Both Looked Dumb at times.
Cheney Looked stronger and in more control.
If anything a slight win for Bush/Cheney.

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Good point on american divided, due to bush cheney choices I agree.

again the health care problems, good point.

good idea about the tax brakes, good point about drugs companies comericals and chipper drugs.

cheney medical reform, good point about the prescription drugs.

good points about the profits of the pharmaceutical companies from the american people.

clossing statement, very good target what americans are worry about. very very good.

Edward did very good.

cheney bringing good points about jobs but in four years they have done any of that. Making Americans scare about terror not good. don't scare the people give them hope.

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mirthful Me
John Edwards talking about healthcare costs? You're a trial lawyer who sues doctors and hospitals John. You inflate healthcare costs, you increase insurance premiums, and you force doctors to close their practices.

Those peanut butter sandwiches getting stuck in your craw Mirth and affecting your golf game?

It's a draw that will be spun as a slight edge for Cheney by pundits, but people will respond to Edward's message more.

No hands got cut off. No knockouts.

On to the Friday night fight.

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mirthful Me

Who is going to represent you when someone leaves a scalpel in your chest? Who is going to represent you when your child is damaged by a hospital, or big business?

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join