It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Stage is Set for Vice Presidential Debate

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by W_HAMILTON
He didn't say he disagreed with the lifestyle, stop putting words in someone's mouth.

I agree - of the 4 candidates Cheney is probably the only one who actually is supportive of it.

He is able to separate his own personal / religious views from what he believes is fair and right to fellow Americans.

Is it that difficult to comprehend?

I've said this once before that not dealing with this issue directly on a federal level merely postpones the inevitable. If left to the states to pick and choose eventually it's going to be decided federally. What happens when gay couples seek marriages out of their respective states and then demand that their home state recognize their union?

While I undestand that neither Cheney or Edwards is willing to commit political suicide over this issue - it's still disappointing.

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Hey Fox News is 4 Years Behind

"Cheney, Edwards face off in Ohio for only veep debate in 2000 race"

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I say a win for Cheney not a landslide but a narrow win. Edwards fumbled too much we was looking like Bush for awhile there. Might have been nervous but it showed.

MSNBC online question of the day had Edwards 79 over Cheney 21
what debate were they watching

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 09:39 PM
link   

All I can imagine is that they had the files saved under similiar names, and someone a bit careless uploaded the wrong one.

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 09:40 PM
link   
I wonder if there is anything REAL left in our system. I have sat through TWO "debates" now that were nothing more than political ads re-hashed IMHO.

Where is the FIRE we used to see from candidates vieing for the highest positions in the world?!

Hell, I get and give more FIRE in the executive planning meetings of my funky little mortgage company!

I would think that if these men (all bloody FOUR of them) truly were passionate about their beliefs for this nation they couldn't hold back and toe the line for these trumped up "debates"...

I assure you I would be all over the map with outbursts and rule breaking in this format of "polite bull#", maybe that's why I am NOT a candidate...

$0.02 delivered...

m...

[edit on 10-5-2004 by Springer]

link   
He responded to do that as well, though indirectly. He said this is not an issue that we need to deal with in America AT THIS TIME. I am sure somewhere down the road, the situation you bring up will happen. Heck, I'm sure somewhere down the road gay marriages will be legalized anyway, but still. He is saying this is not something that needs to be dealt with on a federal level, at least not now; and that it is a divisive issue used for political purposes, and a issue that distracts from more currently significant issues, such as Iraq, terrorism, etc.

link   
Does anyone else think the "moderator" did a relatively horrible job? Mistakes in keeping time, mistakes in who got which question and when... what was going on!?

MK

link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX
I say a win for Cheney not a landslide but a narrow win. Edwards fumbled too much we was looking like Bush for awhile there. Might have been nervous but it showed.

MSNBC online question of the day had Edwards 79 over Cheney 21
what debate were they watching

Apperently they were watching their 2000 Debate on FOX

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Quick, compare the coverage with Fox, and everybody else!

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

cheney defending that our minority children are doing better in school, that is not true.

Here are the facts on school performance by race and ethnicity:

www.ncrel.org...

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Edward brough up the problem of health care and the nations needs. very good.

Cheney did not defent halirbuton attacks, and he is better as speaker than bush anytime.

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by curme
Who is going to represent you when someone leaves a scalpel in your chest? Who is going to represent you when your child is damaged by a hospital, or big business?

You'll need a doctor long before you'll need a lawyer in most cases. Notice how no one is clamoring for a national �legalcare� program?

On anther note, if there is a national healthcare program, do you think the government is going to allow you to sue anyone?

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 09:44 PM
link   
I think that was one of the bigger disappointments of the debate, how Cheney would not expand on his feelings on gay marriage. I don't believe he even pointed out that he had a gay daughter? I think he made some generalized statement about how "this is an issue that effects our family." It was Edwards who brought up that Cheney has a gay daughter (I took it as a subtle jab actually).

He could have come off as caring and compassionate, instead he tried to sidestep thru the question so as to not appear to be at odds with his buddy Bush. And that was disheartening. He would have gained alot of respectability in my eyes if he had simply taken on more of a personal tone, instead of such a political one.

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 09:44 PM
link   
By who grady by the goverment you should come to the schools and see for yourself I was a teacher for 7 years.

You know what the adminstration said about the migrant children?

"don't worry about them they are going to drop out anyway"

[edit on 5-10-2004 by marg6043]

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Also, not sure if someone's posted this (probably have) but Cheney gave the website:

www.factcheck.com

This leads to a website offering online degrees and a web search engine.

MK

link   
Im watching MSNBC and almost all the panelists are calling it for Edwards.
Joe Lockhart is fumbling Chris Matthews' questions.

link   
I thought cheney won ,he seemed more relaxed and more to the point.
Edwards was more set on what Kerry said the week before then speaking his own mind.

I though Edwards was low bringing up the fact the cheney's daughter is gay there was no need of bringing it up, bigtime cheap shot,I do agree with edwards and kerry on the economy other than that there was nothing new since last week.

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by RANT
Those peanut butter sandwiches getting stuck in your craw Mirth and affecting your golf game?

RANT, golf game is just fine (err... well as fine as it will ever be
), actually it's time to get ready for the slopes... Brisk mountain air, powder, nature's elixir... Maybe Kerry can join me, his Winter will be open...

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by MKULTRA

Does anyone else think the "moderator" did a relatively horrible job? Mistakes in keeping time, mistakes in who got which question and when... what was going on!?

MK

I have a two word response to this question which will go unmentioned. Gwen Ifill is a reporter for Jim Lehrer's PBS newscast. Is that a coincidence or what?

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 09:51 PM
link   
CNN Quick Vote So Far:

Created: Tuesday, October 05, 2004, at 19:43:36 EDT
Who do you think won the vice presidential debate?

Dick Cheney 12% 1788 votes

John Edwards 85% 13022 votes

Evenly matched 3% 512 votes
Total: 15322 votes

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join