It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Netanyahu: Militant Islam will be defeated by end of century

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN

Originally posted by yourmaker
what about Militant Judaism? Militant Christianity?

What do you mean?

You mean Southern Redneck Hardcore Christians, with guns and bombs, going around killing people in the name of Jesus Christ? (lol)

OR do you mean the U.S Army with Bible verses on the scope?
edit on 22-6-2012 by CALGARIAN because: (no reason given)

He means the hardcore Christians flying planed into middle eastern scryscrapers. Wait it didnt happen? Then he means Militant Jews strapping bombs to their chest and running into the middle of children and blowing them up, surely we have lots of cases of that.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by dominicus

People are becoming more aware of different things, and yet i still see the same crap and madness in the world, if not more, than i did 30 years ago when there was no internet nor the amount of tech we have today.

of course you see more 'crap and madness' now!
you don't suppose that may be because thirty years ago the closest we had to the internet was the telephone?
yeah sure, we as a race do some pretty horrific things
and technology facilitates not only the discussion of these things, but often the horrora themselves
but you have to remember, the internet is still very young.
ten years ago, when i was finishing school, most of my classmates did not even have an email address.
look how things have changed! and this is still only early days
you just wait until it is truly ubiquitous.
i believe that as our capability for true realtime global communication grows
[and is embraced by the generations growing up with it, accepted as a fact of life]
war and militance in general can only fade
after all, no one wants to kill the people they spar with on ats each night!

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

End of the century is a longggggggggggggggg way off; not only will the face of Islam change - thats if Islam still exists by then which it probably won't but so will Israel dramatically change and it will no longer be a Jewish nation but a nation for Israelites.

Can't have it both ways Netanyahu!
edit on 23-6-2012 by bluemirage5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Netanyahu: Militant Islam will be defeated by end of century

The only way that'll happen is if God Himself comes down and straightens out humanity. However, considering how often God actually engages with humans like that, I'd say the chances are slim to none.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   

You mean we have to live with these Militants/Fundamentals in the headlines for another 90 odd years????

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by dominicus
There will never be an end to militant islam because it is caused by a sociopath psychological deformity in an individual who will take sections from the quran and twist them into a power monger cult like attack on anything that isn't islam.

Thats pretty ignorant man. People are becoming more aware (with internet and technology) in hardcore modern Muslim areas.. The younger generation dont want this... Just dont kill them or their family.

ITs not as simple as that. but thats more honest take on it.

We have plenty extremists in the UK where they have outside culture influencing them and all the internet and technology you could ask for. There will always be religious extremists, always.

I had hoped that young Muslims entering Europe would have their radical beliefs destroyed by the shallow western pop culture, as it does to all teenagers. But that's a ridiculous belief, radicals are too hardcore to be swayed that easily. And radical Islam is an infection (albeit small at this point) which has infected parts of Europe.

The reason our culture and technology isn't having any effect on them, is because these people stay in tight communities (some call them ghettos) and opt to not even speak english. And as long as the UK and other countries continue to have an overly permissive attitude, in the name of religious freedom and political correctness, then it will only get worse.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   
The internet is also used to recruit muslims and brainwash them with militant ideology.

I dont understand you folks who think the internet is going to rid the world of militancy. Thats an absurd idea. The net is neutral and can be used to promote peace as well as militancy.

I have friends who are muslim who themselves say that the hardcore jihadists will never go away simply because certain personalities within islam emerge, take the stage, and start promoting cult like militancy.

I have many non-muslim friends, family, and co-workers who live in UK, France, etc and they all say that their grandparents never saw the amount of crime and craziness in their respective countries until muslims got in their and began multiplying. Their words, not mine.

The internet will not get rid of militancy. If i had a billion dollars, i would bet that neither the net nor the next 100 years will get rid of militancy. Were stuck with it.

I believe only divine intervention will solve any of it

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I actually agree with Netanyahoo or at least support Netanyahoo in this. All kind of terrorism should be stopped not only Islamic but also Hinduism, Jewish, Christian etc extremism should be stopped. Imagine a world with no hatred and people smiling and greeting strangers not caring if he has long beard or wears a cross or a funny hat with curly hair or wears a turban. Imagine if a person is walking and slips and falls and everyone tried to help him get up..imagine!!

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Ek Bharatiya

And we're gonna achieve this how?

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

I donno..but we can only hope people realise all our blood is same color and we are not so different. People need to gain social conscience and civil sensibilities on their own..this cannot be taught or forced upon. We just need people with good heart, good upbringing where pupils are interacted with different cultures and know right from wrong. I Love You.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
The problem with Islam is its stifling of free will and its suppression of individuality. All the other religions have religious study schools just like this one

Muslims are told that Africans "annoy the Prophet" (Ishaq 243), have hearts "grosser than a donkey" (Surah 9:61) and that blacks should be left to die if injured, and should be denied intercession and entrance to heaven (Bukhari: Volume 4, Book 52, Number 137).

Muslims try and torture non-Muslims into becoming Muslims. Not every muslim is evil and some i've heard have even come to the aid More.. of non-msulims who were being beaten in the streets but unfortunately they are the minority. Muslims continue to commit these types of atrocities against non-Muslims everyday in other countries such as egypt, saudi arabia, iran, pakistan etc. Men, women and children have been raped & tortured by muslims because in their countries they get away with it. Saudi Arabia regularly beheads people caught practicing other religions. The genocide has switched from southern Sudan to Darfur with oil revenues being used by the Islamic government to perpetuate genocide.

September 28, 2006A Sudanese 7 year old slave who was assigned to watch his Muslim master's camels was "crucified" when he was caught sneaking out to attend a Christian church, according to reports from Voice of the Martyrs.
The aid organization that helps persecuted Christians worldwide said the reports come from witnesses in the Sudan who were in contact with the youth, now about 15.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   

"I have no doubt that by the end of the century, militant Islam will be defeated. I don't think you
(visit the link for the full news article)

Unless its backed up by a concurrent reduction in militant Zionism, I don't see how he can presuppose anything but a delay of the inevitable.

Rosha

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous404
If Israel would stop making it a religious debate and realize that politics and military intervention are really to blame then they might get somewhere, but I doubt that will be the case.

They're so worried about having their little religion taken away that they have to try to take it away from others.

About 10% of the Israelis are religious these days. The only time religion is used is when they want to take the farm of some poor Palestinian man. Moses was promised the land.

The government and policies are run internally by hard line European Jews (and their descendants) who migrated to Israel from the ravages of WWII.

edit on 23-6-2012 by g2v12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by redneck13
The problem with Islam is its stifling of free will and its suppression of individuality. All the other religions have religious study schools just like this one

Muslims are told that Africans "annoy the Prophet" (Ishaq 243), have hearts "grosser than a donkey" (Surah 9:61) and that blacks should be left to die if injured, and should be denied intercession and entrance to heaven (Bukhari: Volume 4, Book 52, Number 137).

Muslims try and torture non-Muslims into becoming Muslims. Not every muslim is evil and some i've heard have even come to the aid More.. of non-msulims who were being beaten in the streets but unfortunately they are the minority. Muslims continue to commit these types of atrocities against non-Muslims everyday in other countries such as egypt, saudi arabia, iran, pakistan etc. Men, women and children have been raped & tortured by muslims because in their countries they get away with it. Saudi Arabia regularly beheads people caught practicing other religions. The genocide has switched from southern Sudan to Darfur with oil revenues being used by the Islamic government to perpetuate genocide.

September 28, 2006A Sudanese 7 year old slave who was assigned to watch his Muslim master's camels was "crucified" when he was caught sneaking out to attend a Christian church, according to reports from Voice of the Martyrs.
The aid organization that helps persecuted Christians worldwide said the reports come from witnesses in the Sudan who were in contact with the youth, now about 15.

Lets not forget history. In the ten hundreds, the so-called Christian crusaders over ran Jerusalem several times in the 196 year period of the crusades, raping, pillaging and burning their Arab (Muslim) victims alive. This was done in the name of Jesus Christ, the Almighty Savoir.

Christians invaded Iraq based on false intelligence and produced five million Iraqi orphans, assuring the next generation of radicals, terrorists and American haters.

The Christians are doing fine work in the Middle East. Bush is your Bukhari.

edit on 23-6-2012 by g2v12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by g2v12

We should never forget history
The United States of America did not exist during the crusades
The very first foreign attack on the United States was perpetrated by Islamic terrorist.
Don’t doubt me, the letter is in the Library of Congress, dated: March 18, 1786 letter written by Thomas Jefferson and John Adams describing their diplomatic initiative with Tripoli.

en.wikipedia.org...

Text
Islamic terrorism has been identified as taking place in the Middle East, Africa, Europe, South Asia including India, Southeast Asia, and the United States since the 1970s. Islamic terrorist organizations have been known to engage in tactics including suicide attacks, hijackings, kidnapping and recruiting new members through the Internet.

Muslim pirates of Algiers, Morocco, Tunis, and Tripoli Barbary Coast had attacked, enslaved and held American merchant sailors for ransom, soon after the establishment of the United States of America in 1776 (see First Barbary War). These terrorist-type attacks predated any U.S. involvement in the Islamic world and occurred before the US had been involved in any overseas military action. In 1786, future U.S. Presidents Thomas Jefferson and John Adams met with Tripoli’s envoy to London, Ambassador Sidi Haji Abdrahaman in an attempt to negotiate an end to the piracy. Adams and Jefferson summarized their meeting in a letter dated March 28, 1786 to John Jay, the United States Secretary of Foreign Affairs:

"We took the liberty to make some enquiries concerning the ground of their pretensions to make war upon nations who had done them no injury, and observed that we considered all mankind as our friends who had done us no wrong, nor had given us any provocation. The Ambassador [of Tripoli] answered us that it was founded on the Laws of their Prophet, that it was written in their Koran, that all nations who should not have acknowledged their authority were sinners, that it was their right and duty to make war upon them wherever they could be found, and to make slaves of all they could take as Prisoners, and that every Musselman (muslims) who should be slain in battle was sure to go to Paradise."[20]

These diplomatic engagements suggest that a modern Jihad-like ideology existed prior to any U.S. involvement in the Islamic world, and that the Koran was used to justify this ideology.
Thus, according to critics of Islam, Islamic terrorism is linked to the practice of divinely sanctioned warfare against apostates.[21][22] Many Muslim groups including the Council on American-Islamic Relations argue that references to violence in Muslim sources have been taken out of context.[23][24][25] They argue that these Koranic ayahs are only for self-defense when non-believers endanger Muslim life.

While a debate may exist on the proper interpretation of Koranic verses, the terrorist actions leading to the First Barbary War and the justification provided by Ambassador Sidi Haji Abdrahaman, provide an early example where the Koran was used to justify anti-American terrorism. These events occurred at a time where the U.S. had yet to intervene in the Muslim world and argue against U.S. policy as a fundamental cause of Islamic terrorism. On the contrary, the historical timeline demonstrates that the very first U.S. engagement with the Muslim world was an American response to Islamic terrorism.

edit on 23-6-2012 by redneck13 because: .

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Religion is the scapegoat.

I acted in the name of Allah and will go to heaven.
I acted in the name of God and will go to heaven.
I acted in the name of Buddha and will reach enlightenment.
I acted in the name of Krishna and am protected.

Mankind creates militants, based upon perverted beliefs that are not honorable and based in love, but self-serving and based in greed. It has nothing to do with religion or god - that is just the excuse - so they feel vindicated in their actions. These issues are about social injustice, corporate greed, and control.

We criminalize the freedom fighters and call them terrorists.
We criminalize the drug infected and call them weak despite the fact that government funds the product.
We criminalize the outspoken - labeling them as suspect and putting them on a list.
We criminalize the religious - glorifying science and technology.

The hard fact is it is about resources. That is it. The middle east is oil rich and the undeveloped countries want the dream, the American dream. It is their turn. This has NOTHING to do with God or religion or messiah. It is about money, greed, and control.

I'm glad to be American. We have shown more compassion to the world and it's plight than any other county in history. Why else do you think they turn to America, when all hell goes to sh*t? It's because we actually care, despite your faith, despite your color, despite you gender - should you need assistance - America is there.

An earthquake happens, we are there. A tsunami happens we are there. Genocide is committed, we are there to fight it. Honestly, I wish we wouldn't. Screw you all, all the rest of you. We have the resources, land, and water to separate from you all. I say we do it, and leave you all to your own rot.

~ Serra

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Serraphina

An earthquake happens, we are there. A tsunami happens we are there. Genocide is committed, we are there to fight it. Honestly, I wish we wouldn't. Screw you all, all the rest of you. We have the resources, land, and water to separate from you all. I say we do it, and leave you all to your own rot.

~ Serra

A very enlightened attitude.

Btw Americas "charity" to other countries is anything but. You should read up on it.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by OccamsRazor04

Originally posted by yourmaker
what about Militant Judaism? Militant Christianity?

What do you mean?

You mean Southern Redneck Hardcore Christians, with guns and bombs, going around killing people in the name of Jesus Christ? (lol)

OR do you mean the U.S Army with Bible verses on the scope?
edit on 22-6-2012 by CALGARIAN because: (no reason given)

He means the hardcore Christians flying planed into middle eastern scryscrapers. Wait it didnt happen? Then he means Militant Jews strapping bombs to their chest and running into the middle of children and blowing them up, surely we have lots of cases of that.

Actually.. we have lots more examples of militant Israelis PRETENDING to be Muslims and blowing things up, and then blaming it on the Muslims.

And I find that statement by Netenwhateverthehell to be hysterical. Israel "creates" things? How much technology has Israel stolen over the last 50 years??

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   

You know Benjamin, even after militant Islam is defeated, you will still have bad guys that want to prevent you from just going for pizza. The world needs to have police but it can be done in nice ways. Proper ways with human rights etc.

Before Pakistan loses a jet...
news.xinhuanet.com...

You know that spices always have been traveling the trade routes. I will tell you one product I buy from your region which people in the west do not know about and it is a simple product. It is dried fried onions.

One thing about India and Pakistan they like pure simple foods. We have lots of their food items in our grocery stores.

Dried fried onions is not a spice it is actual little onion rings fired crisp. No one else makes it yet how easy would it be? But they have a special way of making it. You can cook with it or sprinkle it on top.

You know Benjamin we raised 456 billion dollars but we are not planning on spending it right away.
Its nice to have though to invest in projects. But we will select projects that are related to the trade route since that has the longest best lasting value for commerce in the region.
And also its not money that we need to spend right away because building a trade route requires people networking and that isn't that expensive. What is required is for people to be able to meet on neutral terms to discuss business.
Shipping A to B in sealed containers, moving containers and partial containers through the Silk Road to the Mediterranean, and onto cargo ships container ships for world markets.

How can we make that a fast efficient route for just in time inventory systems. Where should warehousing be for central hubs? I could pick a few harbor centers but you know strategic places there I am sure.

Inspections happen where the container is sealed. The container stays sealed until arrival. So anyone anywhere in the world only needs to insure that they inspect the shipping center where it is sealed themselves.

Then when it gets to their country they know what it is don't they?

And then how much checking they need to do, depends on how well they network good people who are trustworthy right from manufacture to delivery.

In some place customs brokerages are extensions of the government customs agencies they are just faster and more efficient. And they get paid too based on volume.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Rocketman7

A seal on a shipping container is a metal wire lock. And all that anyone need do is ensure that seal is unbroken on arrival since their own people, or people they trust have inspected it, and sealed it.

I will show you an example from prehistoric times from the Indus Valley.

At the National Museum in Delhi., oh, under construction, they are revamping their site.

Here is another example...
www.iranicaonline.org...

That is how they used to seal shipping containers in the past by a design on clay stamp..

We have come a long way since then.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join