It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There should be a new Law against Throwing Food in the Trash Bin .. (Very Shocking Pictures)

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 02:58 AM
link   
This was a practice that I felt was always wrong.This food can easily be donated to charities.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 05:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

Dumpster Diving should be deemed an illegal practice. We see people doing that all the time for aluminum cans, food and all kinds of things. I think its truely unhealthy for people to eat out of a dumpster. Look at the mold all over the food they pulled out in those pictures. Ug !!!

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 05:21 AM
link   
reply to post by AlreadyGone

You hit the nail exactly on the head and well stated to!
We are required by the state health code to dispose of any food that has been in a catering buffet after 4 hours.

We are not supposed to even let the paying customer take home the leftovers ( you should see how well that goes over with the customer).

Pastry & Bread products, at a bakery evreyone who has ever worked in one knows there is always a lot of loss. Or everyone is pissed cause you ran out of what they wanted. Besides you cant have mold spores and knats or fruit flies flying around.

OP you may be a little over the top on this. Sorry just my experenced opinion.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 05:22 AM
link   
I used to work at a super market. We used to throw away a whole heap of unsold fresh goods like breads etc...

The reason behind it is if we were to give it away, and someone fell ill (food poisoning) then the company would be held responsible, The whole compensation culture comes into effect again.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 05:51 AM
link   
I've worked in a ton of different restaurants, and I can confirm this is status quo. Most even frown upon employees taking home the "waste".

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 06:04 AM
link   
There should be a law against this..... there should be a law against that, pretty soon you are hemmed in by law. Are you supporting a police state, or a prison planet? We have FAR too many laws
There's no way to rule innocent men. The only power government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws. Will you be caught in this insanity. There comes a time as Janis Joplin said...... "freedom's just another word for noth'in left to loose" and the Who "and the shotgun sings the song" "we won't be fooled again"

There's far too many laws aimed at the common citizen, if anything they need be directed at the Government and the conspiritors there.

There will always be people throwing away food, some in an obscene manner, others by nessessity. You can't make sure every crumb on earth is distributed where it needs to go.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

Here where I live food that is about to expire is given to shelters and so on. I do charity work for the local food bank and a lot of supermarkets are very cooperative. So are the customers who donate when we collect once a month.

Unfortunately products that are past their sell by date can't be accepted by the food bank even if it doesn't matter.
Maybe it's given to animal shelters ( I have to check that).

I am on a road of throwing away less and less food. Somehow I always end up with more cooked pasta than I can eat. Not a lot, but still though.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 06:38 AM
link   
reply to post by finitedualities

Years ago I worked in catering and tons were thrown away due to health risks. This was particularly for fish and meat. Being a vegetarian I didn't care to take that home, but it was also not given to animal shelters. Maybe the bread was, can't remember.

There should be solutions to this problem of kicking out food by restaurants.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by QueenofWeird

Maybe it's given to animal shelters ( I have to check that).

I have always been told by vets not to feed pets people food.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Labrynth2012
reply to post by Ben81

Dumpster Diving should be deemed an illegal practice. We see people doing that all the time for aluminum cans, food and all kinds of things. I think its truely unhealthy for people to eat out of a dumpster. Look at the mold all over the food they pulled out in those pictures. Ug !!!

I agree with you 100%
very unhealthy to eat out of trash bin
i wouldnt do that unless i really needed food

Most of the time the owners put crap on food to be sure no one will dare touch them

So .. why not making it ilegal in the first place
throwing good food like that in such quantity
when someone could pick it up at the end of the day
for a refuge of homeless people and banks of food for the none fortunate

This is why .. it should be a common sense rule for everyone NOT A LAW
its not complicated having a van to do the transport
people are just lazy and greedy and dont want anyone asking for freefood
they want people to buy it

Just another reason why the world needs a change
and not new laws .. but in the world we live in today
people tend to listen more when being warned of a fine

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Sorry not enraged...
Its garbage food left unwanted. Toss it out .
I will too, unless you can have a family that will come and directly pick it up from my trash then i am ok with that , but if i have to leave to go miles away to drop my food off.. Too much work involve.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Disgusting, saw this today from another forum: www.bbc.co.uk...

This makes me sick. Think how many people are starving in the world and yet I bet most of that breakfast is thrown away each time with the vendor taking a "Well the customers paid for it" attitude. The calories on that plate would feed an entire family for a week. Absolutely disgusting and shame on the BBC for indulging this nonsense. Waste of all our tax payer's money - wankers.
edit on 21/6/2012 by 0010110011101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   
One day in the near future, people are going to WISH they had just a small portion of what they have thrown out.......

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

Don't blame the restaurants for following food safety laws - if you want it changed, talk to your congressmen, etc.

I think some charitable organization should acquire the "garbage" food, and feed wahat is safe to eat to the hungry. I don't think the food should be transported to places who cannot support their current populations just to help them live to reproduce even more beyond their land's capacity. While it may sound cruel, we should help people in other lands to produce their own - and more of their own food, not give them the infected band-aid of temporary aid.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   
There was a documentary on the Billingsgate Fish Market in London a couple of weeks ago. It is mainly asian people that keep it afloat these days since they love fish so much. But after the new year and all the parties the market dies down and fish doesn't get sold. The inspectors come around and see how fresh the stock in the big walk in freezers and if it doesn't seem fresh they throw boxes upon boxes upon boxes of fish into a dumpster. I was shocked at how it was all going to waste!

Dumpster diving is pretty cool. Just go around the back of the supermarket at night and see what goodies you can find for free. The amount of fresh stuff they throw away after only a couple of days. I found some veg to feed to my rabbits last week. Still crisp and fresh in the fridge!

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   
TESCO's store in england,
puts in the rubbish All pastries and breads at about 10pm
and close shop at 11pm.

I tride to BUY some at 10pm.
they would Not let me have any.
he was taking them off the shelves as I spoke.
they do this Ever day.

if you look at the picture at the top.
that is what it looks like.

I could see all the chocolate ones are gone.
the staff eat them!

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Maybe in a hundred years we'll all eat our food out of toothpaste containers. I'm sure in time and as food becomes more scarce technology will fix this problem, just takes time and smart people working on it.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by lokdog
Maybe in a hundred years we'll all eat our food out of toothpaste containers. I'm sure in time and as food becomes more scarce technology will fix this problem, just takes time and smart people working on it.

You clearly don't enjoy your food? There's nothing better than a fantastic meal, good wine and better company! You’ll never get me squeezing hydrated crap out of a toothpaste container.

A good meal with the right company is one of the finest things one can do!

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

I just read a thread about there should be a law about throwing Trash away in a trash bin. If this is a joke, bravo, you got me! I seriously almost am speechless about how stupid this idea is i almost dont even want to explain mself. This bread expired, i throw it away, people like you somehow get mad, If i want to trow away some bread then who are you to stop me ? man your dumb

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

This picture show the sad reality of today
about restaurants and grocery stores .. how f**** greedy they are…

I wonder if it has more to do with local health laws more than restaurants and grocery stores being greedy.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join