It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There should be a new Law against Throwing Food in the Trash Bin .. (Very Shocking Pictures)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 07:12 AM
link   
WARNING
The images you will see below will deeply enrage you

Dumpster diving to recycle food

A group of people take food recycling so seriously, they're willing to dive into trash receptacles to get to food

This picture show the sad reality of today
about restaurants and grocery stores .. how f**** greedy they are
making sure that during the day the client pay full price
to compensate for the loss at the end of the day when they throw the rest away

The thing that shock me the most is each employee must throw all the food
reducing the price would occupy important places
they prefer people buying then giving it for free
I have heard many stories that they throw some crap on the food to be sure nobody take it from the bin

This got to stop .. dont they have any notion of respect for the millions dying in africa ?
each day they should hire a van to take all the food they dont want to sell anymore
and bring it to a center where people in need and homeless can feed all they want

Canada and US should show a exemple by signing such important law
and even create a free service for all restos and grocery stores to pick up their food

here in North America .the compagnies waste so much food
i will always remember seeing my friend arriving from work with 2 huge black bag
with full of bagel and donuts from the dunkin donuts
she didnt want to throw it away that night
we had delicious bagels and donuts for weeks lol

So come on Obama and Harper .. its time to sign some real laws in place

NO MORE WASTING FOOD OR BE HEAVELY FINED
edit on 6/20/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 07:18 AM
link   
You are asking Obama and Harper to sign laws? Well that is your problem right there: asking NWO shill puppets for help. There is too much government and no more laws need to be signed. Government needs to be knocked back to where it was in the US in 1850. But that will not happen. Government has too much power and cannot be stopped. And you want more laws. That just shows that government dependecy protocols work like a charm.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 07:19 AM
link   
S&F for you.

This is something I have thought about for quite sometime. I used to have a friend who worked for Meijer and he claimed to have had to throw away hundreds of pounds of food per day. This was and still is hard to stomach.

+12 more 
posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

The reason this happens in the first place is because of laws.

So, do we really need another one?

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Think about this.

I knew a homeless veteran some years ago that was a dumpster diver. He would go to the dumpsters at grocery stores and retrieve the expired lunch meats and cheeses that had been tossed out from the deli section and lettuce that had been removed from the produce section. He would peel the rotted outer leaves from the heads of lettuce and wipe any dumpster related dirt from the rolls of lunch meat and cheese.

He didn't eat them.

He sold them to a sandwich shop. They used the expired meats and cheeses to make sandwiches that they sold to paying customers.

I had never eaten at that shop, and I definitely never did afterwards.

Mmmmm, Botulism! Yum yum.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

There should be a new Law against Throwing Food in the Trash Bin

If that were to happen, then where would the dumpster-diving rainbow-family hippies get food?

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Here in Germany we have a charity organisation that collects food from restaurants, supermarkets and other stores, that would've ended in the trash. They take it to food banks and to help out homeless and other poor people. I think this should exist in every modern country.
The food isn't bad, it's just that most stores produce so much, they can't sell it and throw it away or deem it unsaleable because vegetables might have some dark spots or the package was ripped open. I don't understand why they do it.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

how f**** greedy they are making sure that during the day the client pay full price to compensate for the loss at the end of the day when they throw the rest away

They aren't all that way. I am aware of a major grocery chain that donates their day old baked goods to a food bank.

I am okay with that, since the baked goods may not be 'fresh-baked', but no one is going to die of food poisoning if they consume them.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by ShadowAngel85

I don't know about there, but here we are so heavily regulated that we have to. We receive product that is brand new that doesn't expire for several months, but we're only able to keep it for a week or two before it "expires". Because of all the lawsuit fears over people getting sick, and the health department regulations, anything that is left over at the end of the day that has been out for any period of time must be disposed of.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

The real problem are the laws and rules against dumpster-diving behind restaurants and stores. People's personal trash is one thing, but stores and restaurants should be a free-for-all. Hell, it should even be encouraged.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   
I work @ a grocery salvage, they get the damaged shipments, go through everything.g and sell discounted.
The meats are frozen and repacked if needed. It's pretty cool.never know what you will find. A.d it would have went in the trash otherwise.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
reply to post by Ben81

how f**** greedy they are making sure that during the day the client pay full price to compensate for the loss at the end of the day when they throw the rest away

They aren't all that way. I am aware of a major grocery chain that donates their day old baked goods to a food bank.

I am okay with that, since the baked goods may not be 'fresh-baked', but no one is going to die of food poisoning if they consume them.

We should go ask the managers at the local grocery store
if they are not donating the food .. we say that from this day .. we will boycott their store
and if they dont change .. we threat them that they will soon have protests in front of their store
the manager will get scare of having a bad publicity
and will finaly see it is finaly the right thing to do at the end

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

What's new? I guess you've never worked in fast food or for a restaurant. I worked at a place where food was thrown away if it was anything less than warm. Consider that! It was perfectly good. It was just below the temperature the place 'prided itself' on serving. Employees were not even allowed to eat it. It had to be thrown away.

We're all waiting for a huge natural disaster to wipe away the people who enforce the laws, because we certainly can't go up against them by ourselves. (Most people won't help.)

Bring on the asteroids, comets, volcanic eruptions, floods, and earthquakes! We have some cleaning up to do!

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by daynight42
reply to post by Ben81

What's new? I guess you've never worked in fast food or for a restaurant. I worked at a place where food was thrown away if it was anything less than warm. Consider that! It was perfectly good. It was just below the temperature the place 'prided itself' on serving. Employees were not even allowed to eat it. It had to be thrown away.

We're all waiting for a huge natural disaster to wipe away the people who enforce the laws, because we certainly can't go up against them by ourselves. (Most people won't help.)

Bring on the asteroids, comets, volcanic eruptions, floods, and earthquakes! We have some cleaning up to do!

Never worked in a resto
but i worked 4 yrs in a meat transformation factory
the entire building was a freezer

no waste at all with the meat
but its a different deal with restos

We dont need a disaster
we need this 21 december to arrive ASAP
the time of changes is near
we obviously need a big change on earth today ..
nobody will deny a good change on earth is over due
thank God it is in 6 months .. the end of greed will be the miracle for 2013
i firmly believe and hope it will happen

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81

Originally posted by daynight42
reply to post by Ben81

Never worked in a resto
but i worked 4 yrs in a meat transformation factory
the entire building was a freezer

no waste at all with the meat
but its a different deal with restos

We dont need a disaster
we need this 21 december to arrive ASAP
the time of changes is near
we obviously need a big change on earth today ..
nobody will deny a good change on earth is over due
thank God it is in 6 months .. the end of greed will be the miracle for 2013
i firmly believe and hope it will happen

Well as pointed out, this is SOP for most food venues, some more outrageous than others. You can get up in arms, but its people like you and your need for control that are dragging us down with even more pointless laws, go dumpster diving if you feel like its a waste, no one stops you.

And if you expect something to happen by 21dec2012, you are in for a harsh surprise...

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

It happens everywhere. A few years ago when I was between jobs I took a part time job at a local grocery market owned by a big chain in Norway. Every weekend TONS of good bread and various pastries were thrown in the trash and then the trash was LOCKED to prevent anyone from taking it.

I asked, "why doesn't the company donate this to the needy?" when I was told, "we just don't have the time, plus if they get sick from our donated food it'd make us look bad". Honestly, what a load of bull. Stores should be FORCED to donate the food to the needy when they no longer have the chance to sell it. Like over weekends when things get rotated out. No need in throwing away perfectly good food items! It's idiotic! I have a friend back home in the states who lives out of Wal-Mart's trash bin. He eats like a movie star! Steaks whenever he wants!

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81

WHY?

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Hey, thats Capitalism for you, me and all of us: the merchant wants to sell as much as possible to a price as high as possible.

What should he do with ugly products? Well, toss it away, before customers think that you sell "faulty products". This way you lose a bit over some bread and vegetables (which is most of the contents of those bins behind stores) and keep satisfied customers which "feel" that they are treated like they should be - in their opinion.

Nevertheless, each of those satisfied customers pays for all the thrown-away stuff, too.

Now, what happens if dumpster-diving would be tolerated by the shops owner? (a) there would be several people not buying anything from him but waiting at the back door for each member of the staff to leave the glorious halls of wonderful things and pounce on him, being the first to get to the good stuff before it touches the ground (or the smeary walls of the bin). Not a nice prospect for the staffmembers.
(b) The back yard with the bins will always look like a battlefield, with unwanted trash lying around - not wanted by the dumpsterdivers so they threw it out of their way into the warm depths of the wonderbin.
(c) Dumpsterdivers are not buyers. Why care for them?

Nope, shop-owners are not fans of dumpster-diving, nearly despising that as hard as shoplifting.
And shop-owners are not necessary fans of charity. That has to come from the depths of your heart, not by law.

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Having worked in the grocery and retail business for over 25 years, let me tell you that the last thing that grocers and restuarants want to do is throw food away.

Food thrown away is money and profit thrown away. The reason they have to is laws...LAWS. Over regulation. Dictates from the County health Office. The FDA, Dept Agriculture...both state and federal...safety concerns and the big one...LIABILITY.

Did you know that dates on food packaging is voluntary...it is NOT mandated by law. It is done to assure maximum quality by the grocer and or resturant.

However, when a health inspector comes in and checks dates...dating is part of the inspection process... if not current or rotated...points are deducted...as they should be.

A good operation knows how much to have on hand and how much to produce because over production is shrinkage. And a department head will not be there long if there are consistant losses and shrinkage in profit. He/She looks at trends on order forms, sales, knows the cycles and upcoming events so that proper orders and production can be in place when needed or cut back as demand goes.

For instance, a good market manager knows that come the 4th of July.... he needs lots of steaks, hamburger, and hotdogs in his meat cases. Plus tie in items for impulse sales like charcoal, lighter fluid, spatula and grill sets...ketchup, mustard, mayo, cans of baked beans, tinfoil etc.

However, after the 4th... spreads on steak go down, any large cuts are reduced or then ground into hamburger and sold at a price to get it out the door with as little loss as possible. The area formerly held by steaks and premium cuts are filled with hotdogs which have a longer shelf life and have a lower minimal cost. We call it "bluffing up" an area... or filler. Likewise, in produce where premium spreads of party platters and veggie platters where...you'll find spreads on carrots and apples... last longer with minimal cost.

Any good operation hates waste...it is literally money and labor being thrown out the door.

So...as a consumer, how do we contribute to the problem?

When we walk into a bakery, do we scoff at the day old breads and discount area? Do we demand variety to excess when we only will buy that variety on occassion. The grocer doesn't know when you will show up... so everyday they have to provide the excess variety... and if someone doesn't buy the premium artesian breads..oh, well...throw them out. They do try to cut their losses...turn Italian and French breads into garlic breads or croutons... but that only saves so much. If they cut back on production with only a couple of loaves each...We, as consumers, cry they don't have enough variety or they look like they are going out of business.

Again, any good retailer does not want waste and it breaks their heart to throw their money away.

A poor operation will throw product away only for so long and then they will be out of business.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Juanxlink

Pointless law ?
such laws are the futur

cant believe only a few country have a system to recycle the food
and donate what wasnt sold
Germany do have such system like previously stated

The surprise will be on you this 21 december

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>