It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Leaders of the G20 submit in Mexico Were they shown the secret Mayan Documentary ?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by eriktheawful
reply to post by GrandHeretic

Thanks for posting the link!

Good read, but I believe that you misunderstood. The glacier itself didn't appear over night 5200 years ago. Given the altitude of the region the glacier has been there a long time before that, especially since the summit of one area is at 21,074 feet.

The areas that they found the plants you are talking about was at the edges of the glacial ice sheet, and believe that it indicates an abrupt climate change in the area around 5,200 years ago (along with another change around 2,200 years ago).

Keep in mind conditions in one part of the Earth may or may not affect other areas. This past winter was a great example of that. A large chunk of Europe was in a deep freeze with a lot of snow fall and people freezing to death, where as over here in large areas of the US and Canada we had a very mild and warm winter, with temps making it like spring here.

When you say "Advanced" for civilizations, be aware that the word can be rather grey in meaning. We would consider most civilizations on the face of the Earth right now as "advanced" if we compare it to how things were in the past, because we measure it with things like knowledge of the world itself, spread of settlements, structures we have built, and tools that we use, and yes, even weapons that we use.

One could call more ancient cultures "advanced" too, if we are comparing them to what they or others were before them. We could call the ancient Egyptians advanced if we compare them to neolithic cultures prior to them.

The reason metals was brought up is because of our use of metals. Everything from tools to weapons to jewelry. Metal can be heated and shaped into what we need a much lower temps than rock. You can make much more precise things with metal than you can rock. And most of these metals need to be mined.
You can sit there and say "maybe they didn't have a need or use for metals." but then that begs the question of: what did they use for tools then? Rocks only? If that's true, then no, they were not even as advanced as some of the most well known ancient cultures that we do know of.

Someone mentioned about things getting buried quickly. I live in the country out here. It's a daily battle with the plants trying to take back over what I have cleared. They climb up my house, invade my garden and if left unchecked, in just a few short years would consume the area. We see it all the time around here from old abandoned homes. And we live in a temperate area. Each time we have heavy rains, my driveway gets washed out and covers the paved road at the end of it. I have to go out and move all that dirt and sandy clay back up on to my drive way. If I stopped doing this, and if no one uses the road anymore, it would get completely buried under several feet of dirt.

We can leave our mark, but the Earth has many ways to take it back and keep it hidden.

Ya, I found the link from an old search I did..initially though I was attempting to quote from what I remember of the video from years ago when I saw it. SO mkay I didn't recall it absolutely correct but close enough to dig up the link again and read the spread.

Still this is precisely what Im driving at....the very definition of advanced in the sense as people would understand it for the time. Good post....and you are very correct.....when the weeds start growin they take over everything....even concrete.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

Oh I dont disagree with your statements at all so please don't misunderstand my official position, my only hang up was there are things we still haven't scratched the surface on. And if we are to progress, we need to keep our ideas open with our minds because you never know. And others ideas no matter how absurd it may sound, may eventually one day have credence to it.

What we think is correct today, might have more added to it tomorrow, or might be totally different from what we understood it to be in the first place.

Good reply

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadow Herder

See you cant call it. "THE FLOOD" and then claim that this was several unrelated events because that is THE FLOODS plural. You back peddle and change things depending on what you read here.
Ok lets leave it at this.
NO, they didnt discuss the Myans at the G20 summit. They more than likely spoke about the global economy rather than global distruction. Thats it.

THE END.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by karen61057

Yet for some reason we can't find bigfoot...capture UFO's in the trailer park....find a male human in the deep south who doesn't sport a mullet...

Some things we have yet to uncover I think is what Im driving at.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist
reply to post by conspiracy88

Wow look everyone, we have a 10,000 year old human in our midst.

Wonderful. We have someone that needs to be walked through the story.
1. There is no geological evidence for a global flood.
2. The open discussion of the lack of evidence is 500 years odl. DaVinci discussed this.
3. There is not enough water on Earth to inundate the world.
4. There are continuous overlapping settlements going back 100,000 years or more showing no catastrophe covering all of the places people lived.

5. Where is there any evidence for an ancient advanced civilization?
6. Where is there ancient writing from an advanced civilization
7. Where are the parts, vehicles, factories or anything else from an advanced civilization?
8. Where are the wires, glass, ceramics, plastics, or any other ancient artifact?
9. Where are the mines from this ancient civilization?

The reason we find nothing at all is because it never existed.

1.) That is highly debatable
2.) The discussion continues because there is obviously things to discuss
3.) No, there is not but there is plenty to cover what would have been the large part of the CIVILIZED world at that time so in effect it would have seemed like the whole world to them.
4.) Again, as described by ancient people who would have perceived a massive tragedy as happening to the world.
5.) Everywhere you seem to look. I'll give you two words to start with, Puma Punku.
6.) There is plenty of writing from almost every ancient culture on Earth describing people highly advanced and "God Like" and that would seem to denote highly technically andvanced.
7.) Probably at the bottom of the Baltic Sea

8.) Because stuff like that is known to last for 15 thousand years right?

9.) Thats just silly.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Come on now you need to be fair. You claim an advanced civilization yet no evidence of any advance civilization exists. You claim lights and flying machines. What were these flying machines made of if not metal or plastics ? Rock ? Like the Flintstones car ? What technology made this civilization advanced? Or did you mean advanced when compared to the cave dwellers ?
Advancements in ancient times had to do with agriculture and taming the environment and not anything to do with flying or lights. If you read about these civilizations then they must have been in story books that usually start Once Upon a Time......

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse

I believe there was some kind of flood long time ago, The writings come from all over the world. I'd believe all the writings before I believed "a lack of scientific evidence of the flood" as proof of it never happening. Aren't those writings evidence? I see lots of scientists stating there could have been some tragic event some time in history but to link all the locations to the same exact time would be nearly impossible. That doesn't mean it didn't happen though. Many of the writings note that a lot of the water came from within the earth. Springs gone wild, possibly of a massive worldwide seismic event that liquified the crust and allowed the water to gush out. Maybe a pile of huge aquifers collapsing. They saw something but may not have known exactly what caused it. Things were passed on verbally for many generations. Pictures and symbols reminded people of the events and warned them.

We've used most of our aquifers water and pumped the oil out. We won't have to worry about anything like that happening again

Just curious why you would believe primitive stories over solid scientific proof ? Writings about local floods do not validate a global flood. What writings speak about water coming from within the earth ?
Really if there were a world wide seismic event that liqufied the crust. (
) and allowed the water to gush out we would most certainly have geological evidence of such an event. Where has anything even remotely like this ever happened? Liquified crust ? Water filled earth ? What are we a giant water balloon? Where do you get your information from? Your last line I dont even want to touch.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by GrandHeretic

Most science is based on study , research, and repeatable results. Theory may be guess work but there comes a time where it is no longer theory but fact. Yes there are diseases that boggle the modern doctor but most are not guessing when it comes time for a diagnosis.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrandHeretic

Yet for some reason we can't find bigfoot...capture UFO's in the trailer park....find a male human in the deep south who doesn't sport a mullet...

Look no further. I do not sport a mullet.

My hair style is more like Richie Cunningham, and yes, I'm in the deep south.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Helious

That is highly debatable

There is no evidence for a global flood. End fo story. If there were then the bible thumpers would be pointing to it with great glee.

The discussion continues because there is obviously things to discuss

There are people that cling to the failed religious stories. It has no effect on me as to the lessons that can be learned from the story, yet some people think it does.

No, there is not but there is plenty to cover what would have been the large part of the CIVILIZED world at that time so in effect it would have seemed like the whole world to them.

Sure there have been floods throughout the existence of the Earth. Imagine floods and erosion before there were plants that stabalized soils.

Again, as described by ancient people who would have perceived a massive tragedy as happening to the world.

In other words there has not been a global catastrophe during the existence of modern man.

Everywhere you seem to look. I'll give you two words to start with, Puma Punku.

I rechecked Pumapunku and it is not what we'd call an advanced culture today. For example, they did not have a written language.

There is plenty of writing from almost every ancient culture on Earth describing people highly advanced and "God Like" and that would seem to denote highly technically andvanced.

So where is there any physical evidence? This line of reasoning does not make a global flood real, nor does it make an advanced civilization real.

Probably at the bottom of the Baltic Sea

Because stuff like that is known to last for 15 thousand years right?

That is another way of saying there is no evidence. In fact, why would evidence be only underwater? Don't people travel inland? Where are the traded goods?
Sure things last a long time. Most things may rot. Some things won't. Glass, ceramics, plastics, some metals will last a very long time. Logs 10,000 years and older have been collected and used in dendrochronology studies.

Thats just silly.

No its not. We have located quarries for Easter Island statues and Egyptian monuments and Stonehenge and rock tools used across many parts of the world. So where are the mines from the advanced civilization. They don't rot do they?

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   

LOL Im my own boss, and I try it with myself often...

Next question? ... yes your with the pant suit and cankles..... LOL

Your arguing with me like I'm the one who started it, I just added a magic 8-ball statement to keep the ball rollling..i think its a pretty mute subject at this point dont you?

Honestly guys you shouldn't take me so seriously....i dont.......

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by eriktheawful

Look no further. I do not sport a mullet.

My hair style is more like Richie Cunningham, and yes, I'm in the deep south.

Yeah see I didnt even want acknowlege that statement. We are not the deep south, Virginia, but my hubby keeps a short haircut. I dont think anyone sports a mullet these days and that persons bigottry is showing.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   

LOL Im my own boss, and I try it with myself often...

Next question? ... yes your with the pant suit and cankles..... LOL

Your arguing with me like I'm the one who started it, I just added a magic 8-ball statement to keep the ball rollling..i think its a pretty mute subject at this point dont you?

Honestly guys you shouldn't take me so seriously....i dont.......

Ya know, you dont know me so whats with the personal remarks about pants suits and cankles ? Thats just rude. Oh BTW my ankels measure about 6 inches around. I am a very petite lady. 5'2" 109 lbs.

If you carry no convictions about what you write here, why write ?

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by conspiracy88

Originally posted by stereologist

If they were that advanced they could have dealt with the imaginary global flood of 10,000 year ago.

There was no global flood.
There was no preexisting advanced civilization with flying machines.

Wow look everyone, we have a 10,000 year old human in our midst.

Flattery will get you nowhere, besides, he doesnt seem to me to be a day over 8041.....

There may have very well been an advanced civilization, only not in the sense that we understand the word advanced. You can still do many things we do today without the technological twist to it. In that respect they may have been very advanced just more on a down to earth level.

I might add that even with todays advancement mankind still has a really hard time surviving mother nature. If there was a global event that took the form of weather or flood, it could easily shut us down. Just look what a huge snow storm does to a major city in winter.....everything is at a crawl...and from time to time people die.

Exactly.

A bit of snow, too much rain and we're shut down, unable to cope and people start dying left right and center.

And this is from a planetary wide highly technological humanity that has sent space probes to major planets in our system, even outside of it.

We've split the atom, created machines and robotics, created powerful instruments to see back to the early cosmos and charted the stars in our skies, we've mapped our genome, and travel around our planet easily by land, sea and air every day of the week, and you and everyone else reading this text are doing it in real time, from anywhere on our planet.

And despite all of this and much more, we cannot prevent mass death and destruction from even routine weather...anyone care to place a bet on how well we'd cope with global asteroid impacts and massive floods?

If we can't do it now with our amazing technology, it's not a sure thing a previous high technology culture could have done anything about it either, except try to survive here and there.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Where is the scientific proof that states that there was never a huge flood in the last twenty thousand years. There is none, people are making up things and saying it's science just to try to disprove ancient texts. The written evidence of the flood has never been disproved at all, it can't be collaborated but it still has not been proven wrong. I've read many scientific reports and never found anything that stated that there was never a great flood. The reports said that it was unlikely that a worldwide event happened during the last twenty thousand years but not one stated it never happened. Maybe unscientific translations of the evidence might say no flood but rarely does real science discount all the verbal and written history that exists. Idiots who translate this evidence to fit their perception can adjust it to make it say anything. Talk to a research scientist not a guy with multiple PHD's in bull crap.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Thats hilarious cause Im from South Carolina.....lots of mullets where i live.....and making fun of mullets is not bigotry its making fun of ones fashion.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join