It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Glenn Beck Vows To Single-Handedly Destroy 'Glee' - Video

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

No one pulls punches like Bill Maher, at least in my opinion.

Caught a spirited episode that had Alan Thicke, David Frum and at least 2-3 other commentators. Spirited discussion.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

I'm sure CBN and all of the right-wing church stations would love to air it.

Unfortunately, no one outside of their respective demographics would watch it.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
This is how desperate Glen Beck has become.

In order to stay relevant, he's started a war on Glee.

You know why he'd never be able to get a Conservative version of it on the air, that would be successfull? Cause it would be boring as hell.

And nobody wants to watch a show about how Gays are the enemy, black people are scary and how God decides who gets to live and die during the next war we wage.

Oh and cameo's from Bill Oreilly? How does that work? You can't explain that!

~Tenth

I haven't seen much of his shows, but it must be pretty bad, I mean look at these youtube videos of him, I don't think Ive ever such a bad like/dislike ratio before lol, and the comments are not flattering at all.

edit on 19-6-2012 by _Phoenix_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Wait a friend just gave me this one.

This should be Glen Beck's anti glee show:

Where Mitt Romney beats up gay kids for their milk money?

Catchy eh?

~Tenth

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul

Originally posted by Xcathdra

Wow - so he's actually admitting in public that he wants a "covert" conservative version of "Glee"??

Really?? doesn't admitting you're engaged in a conspiracy sort of defeat the purpose of it being "covert"??

Try looking at it from the other side. What you are criticising on the right is already present in Glee by the left.

so someone on "the left" has said that "Glee" is a covert attempt to make america communist or somethnig??

What I am saying is people on the right think Glee, as well as some other tv Dramas, are pushing a left leaning agenda. Those people going after beck for what he wants to do are ignoring the fact that the left has already done what beck wants to do for the right.

If its idiotic for Beck to do so, then what does it make those on the left who already did it?

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Originally posted by Xcathdra
What I am saying is people on the right think Glee, as well as some other tv Dramas, are pushing a left leaning agenda. Those people going after beck for what he wants to do are ignoring the fact that the left has already done what beck wants to do for the right.

I think Glee does push a progressive stance of acceptance and equality.

What TV Drama has the left gone after and made a left-leaning show from? I'm blanking...

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

But Glee's agenda is whatever Fox and it's writters want it to be, it's not some grand scheme conspiracy to push the "Global" liberal agenda forward.

It's what Ryan Murphy believes and what his writters and staff believe kids should be learning about. Now if Mr Beck wants to have the appropriate equivalent he can have it, but it won't be successfull.

Cause it would be full of fear and hatred and bigotry and nobody wants to see stuff like that, even conservatives.

~Tenth

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Glenn Beck Vows To Single-Handedly Destroy 'Glee' - Video

2012.talkingpointsmemo.com

But it didn’t take long for Beck to snap out of his funk and start devising a way to defeat “Glee.” Beck’s secret weapon: what he jokingly calls “the Oedipus Project” (“because the left will be making out with me,” he explained to BuzzFeed this week). Essentially, the plan is to produce a conservative alternative to “Glee” that is covert enough in its conservatism to not turn people away.

“We’ve spent a year now trying to put together a push-back with artists with music, but not the stereotypical conservative Lee Greenwood music,” he told the crowd at FFC.
(visit the link for the full news article)

I'm going to come off as an idiot here. I read the article, watched the clip, and I still don't know what the problem with Glee is? The show is about high school kids being high school kids. The only problem I had was when the girl that played Rachel Berry (Lea Michele) posed in skimpy undies in a magazine.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

It's QUITE over sexualized which is my problem in general. These are suppose to be sophmores and stuff and they are running around selling sex like it's going out of style.

And even though that's the norm today, it doesn't really make it right to over sexualize our youth like that.

I like their whole inclusion thing and teaching kids to be tolerant and helping them through problems though, that's a good message, but some of it, is just too much.

~Tenth
edit on 6/19/2012 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

edit on 6/19/2012 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   

It's QUITE over sexualized which is my problem in general. These are suppose to be sophmores and stuff and they are running around selling sex like it's going out of style.

They are? In the musical numbers?

I'm not seeing much overt sex in the story lines.

If anything - - its about waiting for sex - - or making the mistake about having sex before you are ready. IMO

You should watch some of the Disney shows.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Listen, I'm with on the whole Disney thing Annee.

But there's ALOT of sex in Glee.

I watch the show I have kids, and they like it, but I'm a responsible parent so we watch it together so that I can make sure they understand what their watching.

And I see a lot of sexual innuendo and sexualization. More than there needs be, whether they are trying to give a good lesson or not.

~Tenth

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Glee is way too gay for television.

link   

The West Wing when it was on the air... (last 2 seasons Matthew Santos was based on Obama)
Law and Order...
Law and Order: SVU
Law and Order: Criminal Intent
The newsroom...
6 feet under
30 Rock
15 and pregnant
Touched by an uncle....errr angel
Anything coming out of NBC / MSNBC / CNBC - whether its cable or local programming
Saturday Night Live
The View
etc.....

edit on 19-6-2012 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

link   
What's an example of oversexualization? Because I don't think it's very sexy. It's pretty real. It's how high-school kids are.

I do agree, tenth, that it's Ryan Murphy's "agenda" being pushed. I would wager he's a lefty.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

Listen, I'm with on the whole Disney thing Annee.

But there's ALOT of sex in Glee.

I watch the show I have kids, and they like it, but I'm a responsible parent so we watch it together so that I can make sure they understand what their watching.

And I see a lot of sexual innuendo and sexualization. More than there needs be, whether they are trying to give a good lesson or not.

~Tenth

Guess we'll just have to disagree.

I've seen every episode. And I take from it many lessons on not having sex.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

The first thing that strikes me is that he apparently had no idea what Oedipus refers to if he equates that to anyone making out with him.

More importantly though, I just need to know who in "liberal hollywood" is going to be working here. Interesting that it means he will be employing lots and lots of union employees.

I cannot wait to hear high school kids singing 50 Cent Ted Nugent James Hetfield mashups!
edit on 19-6-2012 by habitforming because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Oh! You mean shows that have changed with the times and become more progressive as time goes on. That's not "the left" doing that. As tenth pointed out, that's the show's producers and networks.

Glenn Beck is proposing a NEW show that counters Glee somehow. A new covert, conservative show where the poor kids are made fun of and the kids who can't afford designer shoes get bullied and everyone laughs. I can't wait to see it!

I'm not saying he's an idiot for doing that. I'm just saying he's an idiot.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Uhm no.. The shows listed are all left leaning / left bias.

As far as your comment on Beck that kind of proves my point. People are calling Beck stupid / other names for suggesting a program that pushes conservative values while they ignore the fact the left has shows that push a liberal bias.

If beck is stupid for wanting a conservative view what does that make the people who have their shows that push the left?

If Beck is stupid then so would those on the other side who are doing the exact thing they call beck stupid for.

Dont get me wrong, I cant stand Glenn Beck, however in this case the hypocrisy by the left is undermining their moral highground point of view.
edit on 19-6-2012 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

I by no means think it's bad enough for like me to want it off the air or anything, and yes I would say there are more good lessons than bad ones.

I'm not agreeing with old Glenn Becky here

I dunno, I see my kids being sold sex more and more through more and more avenues and although Glee is not nearly the worst perpatrator of that in any sense, to me it's still sort of, part of the problem.

~Tenth

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

I can understand that. I don't know the ages of your kids, but I think I wouldn't want my younger kids to see the reality of what goes on in high school...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join